NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Default Since when does eBay allow auctions from countries that don't exist?

Posted By: Joseph

This is one of those auctions that should be outed, IMO.

Can anyone convince me (a rather serious collector of such things) to bid on this:

http://tiny.cc/1YV3n

This is a very rare, very desirable piece. The red (no pun intended) flags abound.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brock

Yugoslavia is a real place.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Perhaps my tongue-in-cheek headline doesn't convey my concern, which is to determine whether this auction is on the level. Interestingly, the seller signed up for eBay shortly after Yugoslavia became the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro in February 2003.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I am wary of ALL overseas auctions...minus those few sellers I already know like Rob in England. In this case could it be ebay just not keeping up with current events? Or is it a case of the seller still claiming his country to be Yugoslavia...like those Albertan's up in Canada who don't claim Canada?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

2660 perfect feedback and over 600 in the last year....I wouldn't worry about bidding if I wanted it...but that's just me.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Administrator

I should also add that nothing seems fishy about the auction in question...the seller has perfect feedback. He sells lots of antique type items...and he takes the time to watermark all of his photos. Looks good to me.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I recently purchased a 1961 Topps Roger Maris autographed card from a seller in Taiwan. At first I was skeptical but the card arrived (with quick shipping nonetheless) and all seems good.

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Old 04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I buy and sell non-sport photographs and have dealt various European countries on eBay, including Romania, with no trouble. You can usually tell from the feedback, and what they buy/sell, the legitimacy. Obviously, I am careful when choosing a foreign seller or buyer, but, as noted, have had no troubles. As much of the photography I collect is European and by European photographers, it's expected that I should purchase from Europe. It's a different deal with American baseball items.

I'm sure the Yugoslavia as national designation is set by eBay not the user. The user can only pick from the names that are offered.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

month from Great Britain and Australia and have bought from Hong Kong, Sweden and others. Just like everyone said, be wary of feedback and you should be okay. Plus pay by paypal which is about all they accept anyway. Another check would be to pay via paypal WITH your credit card so you have that extra layer there. You could always dispute with your credit card company if you had to. I'd agree that the auction looks legit. I don't know how they'd ship that from (the former) Yugoslavia for $15.00 though. Seems a little cheap.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Glenn

Thanks for alerting me to this auction. Game board arrived today and it is beautiful; and, it was a steal.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Administrator

WOOHOO! Great to hear it Glenn. So how rare is that puppy?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glenn

Dan,

I really don't know how rare it is. To the best of my memory, I can only recall seeing one other; that was in Hunt's about 8-10 years ago. Two will show up on ebay next week.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Glad to help Glenn.

And it was a steal. And is is quite rare.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Butch & Co.

Iridescent chartreuse with envy over here.
The several yellow flags on that auction, we think, kept several bidders at bay, which helped hold down the price. If we'd known it was going to go that low, well, it wouldn't have gone that low, because we'd have chased it a little higher ourselves.
FWIW, it's only the third example we've seen in about fifteen years. The one that sold at Hunt in February 2001 went for $880.

Baseball Games
http://baseballgames.dreamhosters.com/