NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Banned

Default vcp help

Can somebody give me the vcp value for a T202 cy young psa 2..Id greatly appreciate it
Old 07-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Consult Card Target above in the banners, much more up to date and accurate.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM

AND it's free!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

sounds like self promotion? lol. do you own cardtarget.com?

kevin
Old 07-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Bill Gregory

Why don't you take some of that money you make selling cards that were supposed to be returned, and buy yourself a subscription to VCP?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Why don't you take some of that money you make selling cards that were supposed to be returned, and buy yourself a subscription to VCP?
That were supposed to be returned????
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
I'll have to give them a shot. I'm tired of VCP failing to capture sale, after sale, after sale.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Jason Stricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Can somebody give me the vcp value for a T202 cy young psa 2..Id greatly appreciate it
7/28/13 eBay $255.00
8/14/11 eBay $204.50
10/2/08 eBay $183.50
2/1/07 eBay $219.16
Old 07-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
That were supposed to be returned????
Quote:
^^ Just to make sure this isn't stealth edited later

Thread Title: JoeyF/Blackitalian/Sam1952/Jboog busted on the NET54...

http://forums.collectors.com/message...89&STARTPAGE=1

Quote:
From mrmint23 on CU forum:
Example....wins card for 1000...receives and ask for a refund due to card doesnt look as nice in hand...keep in mind he can still neg the buyer since he hasnt left feedback...so buyer agrees to discount the price...refunds 200...thus Joey has 800 in the card...Joey in turn sells the card for 950 thus making 150 and selling the card for cheaper than others on eBay.....Feedback Blackmail....guess that is where he got the name Blackitalian...
From purduepete on CU forum:
Quote:
I think he's been banned from here - and it sounds like he's on the verge of getting booted from Net54 soon.

He still posts over on the SGC forums though...and it's the same cr@p that he used here.

"Can I get help with VCP on card X in a PSA 3?", or "Does this card look trimmed?"...etc. - always on a high profile card that he intends to buy for his collection, and they always end up for sale on the B/S/T or ebay a few days later.
Hmm...very interesting.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
sounds like self promotion? lol. do you own cardtarget.com?

kevin
CardTarget is nothing new, and been talked about on the board regularly. I've been using it for months (whenever they started advertising) and think it rocks.. And they seem to be regularly expanding their free database to include new sets.

Couldn't be happier, and between tracking auctions and compiling my own card/price database, and using Cardtarget, I frankly can't imagine paying for the service

Last edited by itjclarke; 07-28-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
^^ Just to make sure this isn't stealth edited later

Thread Title: JoeyF/Blackitalian/Sam1952/Jboog busted on the NET54...

http://forums.collectors.com/message...89&STARTPAGE=1

From purduepete on CU forum:

Hmm...very interesting.
Stache- this has all been dealt with awhile ago and I was cleared of the sam accusation so please dont bring up old stuff. Leon allowed me back on here to start fresh and thats what im doing. If you really have concerns then we can talk about it personally, but what youre doing is starting something that was already settled. I asked for a favor and unless youre willing to help please dont respond
Old 07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206blogcom View Post
7/28/13 eBay $255.00
8/14/11 eBay $204.50
10/2/08 eBay $183.50
2/1/07 eBay $219.16
Thanks alot!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Bill Gregory

Fair enough, Joey. I hope your intentions are honorable. Time will tell.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
All im asking for is a fair chance to make things right. Im on here to learn from you guys so I dont make the same mistakes as before. My intentions are most definintly honorable. But I will take your advice and get a subscription
Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I believe in second chances.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post

Couldn't be happier, and between tracking auctions and compiling my own card/price database, and using Cardtarget, I frankly can't imagine paying for the service
Ian, the more I talk to you, or read what you write, the more I think we could be friends.

I've become an Excel nut. When I'm not crunching numbers for fantasy baseball, I'm tracking price history for the modern cards I buy. I'm sure I'll be doing it when I get into buying the vintage cards, too.

If it's ok, I might pick your brain when I start buying in earnest. Who knows, I might be able to refine how I do it.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
All im asking for is a fair chance to make things right. Im on here to learn from you guys so I dont make the same mistakes as before. My intentions are most definintly honorable. But I will take your advice and get a subscription
Joey, the only thing I hope you take from our interaction here is that I am fiercely protective of this forum, as Net 54 has become a second, extended family to me. The people I have met here are friendly, and kind, and they do everything within their power to keep the hobby as safe as possible. That means watching out for questionable activity on Ebay, or here. I am trying to help in that regard, nothing more.

All I need to know is that you are man enough to admit the mistakes you've made in the past. That takes a lot of guts, and I commend you for it. I'd shake your hand if I could. Secondly, Leon is satisfied with what you've told him, and that's enough for me.

I hope you are an active participant in the forum for years to come. Please accept my apologies. No hard feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I believe in second chances.
As do I, Leon. I don't think there's a single person here, or anywhere for that matter, who hasn't made a mistake at some point in their life. It's how we grow after the fact that defines who we are.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Joey, the only thing I hope you take from our interaction here is that I am fiercely protective of this forum, as Net 54 has become a second, extended family to me. The people I have met here are friendly, and kind, and they do everything within their power to keep the hobby as safe as possible. That means watching out for questionable activity on Ebay, or here. I am trying to help in that regard, nothing more.

All I need to know is that you are man enough to admit the mistakes you've made in the past. That takes a lot of guts, and I commend you for it. I'd shake your hand if I could. Secondly, Leon is satisfied with what you've told him, and that's enough for me.

I hope you are an active participant in the forum for years to come. Please accept my apologies. No hard feelings.

As do I, Leon. I don't think there's a single person here, or anywhere for that matter, who hasn't made a mistake at some point in their life. It's how we grow after the fact that defines who we are.
We are in total agreement. And btw, Joey's (hi Joey) earlier misdeeds didn't go unnoticed. For now he isn't allowed on our BST areas nor is he allowed to post about BST stuff on this board. It's going to take some time. He is acting maturely about it too. That says a lot to me.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

No problem at all. I definintly understand where youre coming from and I have made alot of mistakes and I apologize for acting like a douche bag at time and causing problems. Im really enjoying being on here and enjoying the hobby. Thank you for giving me a chance to prove myself on here. It took alot to come back on here and admit my mistakes, but was prepared to do whatever it took to earn a 2nd chance. Thanks again for your feedback. Hope I can learn more about the hobby from you
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
If it's ok, I might pick your brain when I start buying in earnest. Who knows, I might be able to refine how I do it.
Absolutely Bill, shoot me an email or message anytime. I've got thousands of scans with prices of auctions going back to about 2009. I started mostly with cards I owned, to get a sense of their values, but then broadened to include anything I'm interested in. It's very manual process, and a lot have slipped through the cracks, but it always gives me a really nice basis when trying to gauge how much I'll be willing to spend.

... And CardTarget still rocks!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
CardTarget is nothing new, and been talked about on the board regularly. I've been using it for months (whenever they started advertising) and think it rocks.. And they seem to be regularly expanding their free database to include new sets.

I must have been living under a rock, because this is the first that I remember hearing about it (Scott's post above).

Thanks for the info, guys!

Is this going to continue be a free service or do they plan on charging at some point? I'm just curious how they generate revenue? Advertisers?

Anyway, I just went to Card Target for the first time and it's pretty cool and it looks much better than VCP.

I bought a 1955 Topps SGC 84 Jackie Robinson on eBay last month and VCP failed to capture the sale. I know, its not pre-war, but the era of the card shouldn't matter - what's important is VCP is failing to capture sales right and left. Sure enough, Card Target shows it.

Here is a link to the eBay auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130935406369

Card Target shows it and VCP does not.

I'm sure if Bobby reads this, he's going to make up some lame excuse just like last time I showed him that VCP was failing to capture sales - said it was a glitch or something, but instead of going back and correcting it, he chose to ignore it. That says a lot about their customer service IMO.

Remind me to cancel my VCP membership tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Card Target.jpg (63.0 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg VCP.jpg (77.5 KB, 210 views)
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
We are in total agreement. And btw, Joey's (hi Joey) earlier misdeeds didn't go unnoticed. For now he isn't allowed on our BST areas nor is he allowed to post about BST stuff on this board. It's going to take some time. He is acting maturely about it too. That says a lot to me.
Honestly im just grateful you allowed me back on here..I really appreciate it
Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Absolutely Bill, shoot me an email or message anytime. I've got thousands of scans with prices of auctions going back to about 2009. I started mostly with cards I owned, to get a sense of their values, but then broadened to include anything I'm interested in. It's very manual process, and a lot have slipped through the cracks, but it always gives me a really nice basis when trying to gauge how much I'll be willing to spend.

... And CardTarget still rocks!
Thank you, Ian. I absolutely will.

I'm stuck on my laptop for a while as my leg heals. Once I'm back up and around, and can sit at my desktop computer, it will be easier for me to work on the spreadsheets. By then, too, I should be able to start buying the cards I want.

By the way, I took my first in-depth look at Card Tonight. What an incredible resource. No need to ever use VCP.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Being able to do business here, be it trading, or buying and selling, is a privilege. We all trust your instincts, Leon. When you are satisfied that he has amply demonstrated his maturation, we will be ready to welcome him.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
No problem at all. I definintly understand where youre coming from and I have made alot of mistakes and I apologize for acting like a douche bag at time and causing problems. Im really enjoying being on here and enjoying the hobby. Thank you for giving me a chance to prove myself on here. It took alot to come back on here and admit my mistakes, but was prepared to do whatever it took to earn a 2nd chance. Thanks again for your feedback. Hope I can learn more about the hobby from you
Joey, I've been on a lot of forums, and I can honestly say you won't find a finer discussion board anywhere. If you are serious, and want to learn about our hobby, this is the place to do it. The breadth of knowledge here is simply astounding, and our members are both helpful, and generous with their time.

The best thing you can do right now is to become an active member of the forum. Engage in the discussions, educate yourself, and as your knowledge of all things pertaining to vintage and pre-war cards and memorabilia grows, help those who are just starting out. This is how you will ingratiate yourself.

Good luck, and most of all, have fun!

Old 07-29-2013, 01:27 AM

I talked with Joey in the past and he disclosed quite a bit of personal information to me. I think he is committed to a change. Card forums make you grow up, and very quickly. I know I have come a very long way from when I first signed up on the CU forums.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I must have been living under a rock, because this is the first that I remember hearing about it (Scott's post above).

Thanks for the info, guys!

Is this going to continue be a free service or do they plan on charging at some point? I'm just curious how they generate revenue? Advertisers?

Anyway, I just went to Card Target for the first time and it's pretty cool and it looks much better than VCP.

I bought a 1955 Topps SGC 84 Jackie Robinson on eBay last month and VCP failed to capture the sale. I know, its not pre-war, but the era of the card shouldn't matter - what's important is VCP is failing to capture sales right and left. Sure enough, Card Target shows it.

Here is a link to the eBay auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130935406369

Card Target shows it and VCP does not.

I'm sure if Bobby reads this, he's going to make up some lame excuse just like last time I showed him that VCP was failing to capture sales - said it was a glitch or something, but instead of going back and correcting it, he chose to ignore it. That says a lot about their customer service IMO.

Remind me to cancel my VCP membership tomorrow.
You are correct that one listing is not in our system yet because it is a BIN. I just did some checking their sales against ours and from what I can see we have everyone of their sales except theyseems to be missing a few.

SGC 84

5/5/13 ebay 1esswap 405.01
3/7/13 ebay nc-vintage 435.00
5/5/13 ebay psagems1 411.00
7/25/12 SCP 483.60

Then for the fun of it I checked PSA 7 and
found the following missing from CT.

7/21/13 ebay klinger83 378.00
7/20/13 ebay ishm 360.55
3/6/13 ebay thepriceoftheirtoys 450.00
3/1/13 ebay scrbay 381.00
10/24/12 ebay stevenovella 391.00
7/11/12 ebay dslsport 319.00
4/5/12 ebay cardmrchnt6ta4 460.00
3/1812 ebay tcarman4 381.00
2/19/12 ebay end_timer 445.00
1/25/12 ebay hoopersarizona 400.00
1/22/12 ebay jmdvm 361.00
1/14/12 ebay jh9287 382.89
12/2/11 Bussineau 360.00

So please if you say we do not capture everything yes that is true for sure but we try our best and from the look of things we capture a hell of a lot more data then CT. Matter of a fact he was a member at VCP for almost 5 years before leaving us and started doing pricing on CT so I would imagine that a lot of his records where scrapped from us.

Think the facts speak for themselves. But I do admit you do get what you pay for and they are free so they are allowed to miss data points. Because we charge god forbid we miss a single sale. Again we work our asses off trying to give you everything and I am really sorry if a sale slips past us every once in awhile. Alert us and of course we will look into why it was missed and try to correct the problem so it does not happen again.

Aloha,

Bobby
Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

seems to be missing a few 7's that i bought in the last year as well but those were auctions.

kevin
Old 07-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Scott

Default Reformed

Well if Joey is "reformed" you can't tell from his threads he starts...

Copied from another board January 2012:

"Can I get help with VCP on card X in a PSA 3?", or "Does this card look trimmed?"...etc. - always on a high profile card that he intends to buy for his collection, and they always end up for sale on the B/S/T or ebay a few days later.

Seems like the EXACT SAME M.O.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post

I havent sold anything on ebay for awhile or anything for that matter. And also whenever I am allowed to sell on here I can decide to sell them for whatever I want if someones willing to buy them. Why would the price I sell them for be any of your concern anyways??? I have 3 cards in my collection because I sold almost all my cards awhile ago so I can start focusing on cards I know im really going to keep and not make the same mistakes as before. And you said cards I "intend" to buy which I can tell you I dont buy every card I ask for info on. I may have done that in the past. And so you know I have 2 t202's and a derek jeter rc and some autographs in my collection that arent going anywhere

Last edited by JoeyF1981; 07-29-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: more info
Old 07-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

January 2012! Lol...give me a break man...that was over a year and a half ago
Old 07-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

That is a year and a half ago. I/we was aware of those issues. Show me something in the last 3 months and I will be more interested. I say give the guy a chance. Also, I followed a lot of those threads and posts and never did I see Joey rip anyone off. There might have been some backing out of deals and squirming and weird stuff, but I never read where anyone got stolen from or ripped off.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Scott

Default Wow fast response...

Quote:
I havent sold anything on ebay for awhile or anything for that matter. And also whenever I am allowed to sell on here I can decide to sell them for whatever I want if someones willing to buy them. Why would the price I sell them for be any of your concern anyways??? I have 3 cards in my collection because I sold almost all my cards awhile ago so I can start focusing on cards I know im really going to keep and not make the same mistakes as before. And you said cards I "intend" to buy which I can tell you I dont buy every card I ask for info on. I may have done that in the past. And so you know I have 2 t202's and a derek jeter rc and some autographs in my collection that arent going anywhere
Well good luck then, and try not having your next thread start with "can I get .."
Old 07-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
That is a year and a half ago. I/we was aware of those issues. Show me something in the last 3 months and I will be more interested. I say give the guy a chance. Also, I followed a lot of those threads and posts and never did I see Joey rip anyone off. There might have been some backing out of deals and squirming and weird stuff, but I never read where anyone got stolen from or ripped off.
Thanks leon! I dont have a psa account and I never post anything for sale on here. By the way can you recommend anyone to talk to about t202's? Im attempting to complete the set and wanted to get some info on them
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thanks leon! I dont have a psa account and I never post anything for sale on here. By the way can you recommend anyone to talk to about t202's? Im attempting to complete the set and wanted to get some info on them
T202s?- Why don't you start a thread on this board asking for information on them? That would be my first suggestion. Then we can go from there...