NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default The Caramel E cards

I pretty much have collected postwar, but I am making some changes. Initially I looked seriously at T206 HOFers, but I find myself looking at E93 and E95. They appear doable, even for me. I realize T206 is viewed as king and for good reason. I assume that the E cards might not be as liquid? But E93 and 95 have great line ups and they compliment each other. One has a lot of action poses, the other a lot of portraits. Both sets have attractive (IMO) Cobbs and Wagners, too. Collectors of these sets, am I missing anything?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

You hit it right on. Both are great sets and can easily be put together in lower presentable grade (fair/good) for around $5k. Cobb, Wagner, Plank, Mathewson, and Young are going to be the priciest, but are easily obtainable by most collectors unlike the Plank/Wagner T206. The E93 set is packed with HOFers, if I remember correctly, 18 of the 30 cards are HOFers and you get all of the big names except Johnson. As you mentioned, they aren't quite as popular as T206 (what is?), but I've never had any trouble selling them when priced appropriately. Like most things if you are worried about making your money back at some point, you just need to not overpay when acquiring.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 04-25-2019, 02:57 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
You hit it right on. Both are great sets and can easily be put together in lower presentable grade (fair/good) for around $5k. Cobb, Wagner, Plank, Mathewson, and Young are going to be the priciest, but are easily obtainable by most collectors unlike the Plank/Wagner T206. The E93 set is packed with HOFers, if I remember correctly, 18 of the 30 cards are HOFers and you get all of the big names except Johnson. As you mentioned, they aren't quite as popular as T206 (what is?), but I've never had any trouble selling them when priced appropriately. Like most things if you are worried about making your money back at some point, you just need to not overpay when acquiring.
Thank for the reply. They certainly are cool looking for sure. And like you said, they are packed with HOFers!

Old 04-25-2019, 05:39 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I also thought if I just cherry picked the cards I really wanted, I would be able to afford cards that were a little nicer.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:15 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Hi Robert,

I love the caramel sets more than the tobacco ones personally. I like the different poses and how colorful some of the sets are. I say jump into the E-cards with both feet and enjoy them.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 04-25-2019, 06:34 PM

I am a huge t206 fan (and I softly include t213-215 in that). But about two years ago I bought my first e card- a Honus Wagner, bc it’s the only realistic way to get a Wagner card (t216 notwithstanding)- and the bug bit me. While t206 is still my first love, I am a huge fan of e90-1, e101, e102, e92, e105, e106, etc. Like t206, there is a significant variety of back advertisements on the same front pose. Also, it’s the only realistic/affordable way to get a Wagner, plank or early Jackson, but you can also get Young, Matty, Lajoie, Speaker, Tinker/Evers/Chance, etc (basically all the Major HOFers aside from Wajo), so great players. Moreover, e cards tend to be more affordable than their t206 counterparts, but not always depending on the player and the back. Another cool quality is that some e cards have color background variations, so you can do color runs. Finally, I have made a number of new friends/ met solid people through e cards, including folks who have already commented in this thread. Anyway, I have learned to really like e cards, you probably will too - come aboard!!
Old 04-25-2019, 07:28 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I know they are considered easier, but I am really liking what I see from the E93s and 95s. As far as the Cobb and Wagner go, I like the 95s better, but I like the overall look of the E93 set better. I will probably end up dabbling in both. I am going to the Frisco show tomorrow, and it would be cool to run across a Cobb or Wagner from these sets.