NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Dan Marke1

It's very sad that Nash had to resort to such shameless tactics that have no relevance to the topic at hand.

I've had countless dealings with people in this hobby the past 20+ years and I have to say that Leon is definitely one of the stand-up guys I've dealt with and he's without question one of the people I'd want in my foxhole when the going gets tough.

In contrast, it seems so unfair that Leon had to go through this public attention yet there are a plenty of scam artists in this hobby that have lied and defrauded a lot of collectors out of a significant amount of money and never even so much as been questioned by law enforcement for their nefarious deeds.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 AM

Just one more comment in support of Leon: a class act and a tribute to the hobby.

Mark
Old 07-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
I’m just amazed folks still listen to this guy as much public record stuff is out there on him, and as many unsavory acts that he has been tied too. The fact that folks tune in to hear about fraud from a fraudster is mind boggling. I must be in the minority on this but it’s mind boggling.
You aren't in the minority. I used to visit his site for entertainment value, but
after his shot at Leon, I will not go there again.

See you all on Wednesday. Hopefully more people here will realize that we are all on the same side, simply by being honest people, and the infighting is ridiculous.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Sort of funny that “Prime Minister Pete Nice” who adopted years of a tough guy persona in a rap band turns out to be an internet dingus.
from dingus to internet dingus. That's sort of a progression, right?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Here’s the other thing about Nash that just amazes me. He’s so freaking transparent how do people not see this? He tries so hard to come off as sophisticated, intelligent and caring in regards to the hobby.
John, going back to his days as a hip hop "star", and speaking in their vernacular, I believe he is doing what is referred to as "dropping the knowledge".

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
pariah1107

Dear Peter Nash,

Please stop.

Disrespectfully, Ty Phelan
Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

While I think that Peter's personal vendetta against Rob or Leon or others adds little to the blog's credibility, I still think there are some valid points that are made in there that should not be ignored. A lot of historically significant material that was originally donated to the HOF and the NYPL was stolen and is now circulating in the hobby. Worse still, probably to avoid embarrassment, these institutions appear to be doing little to recover this material. Without their active involvement, law enforcement officials are limited as to what they can do. This is a real problem, the material that can be shown to be museum/library property needs to be returned and those responsible for the thefts need to be prosecuted (if they have not been already). Some serious people like Dorothy Seymour Mills appear on board to get this situation rectified. Maybe the board should take it a little more seriously. Just my two cents.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:23 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
While I think that Peter's personal vendetta against Rob or Leon or others adds little to the blog's credibility, I still think there are some valid points that are made in there that should not be ignored. A lot of historically significant material that was originally donated to the HOF and the NYPL was stolen and is now circulating in the hobby. Worse still, probably to avoid embarrassment, these institutions appear to be doing little to recover this material. Without their active involvement, law enforcement officials are limited as to what they can do. This is a real problem, the material that can be shown to be museum/library property needs to be returned and those responsible for the thefts need to be prosecuted (if they have not been already). Some serious people like Dorothy Seymour Mills appear on board to get this situation rectified. Maybe the board should take it a little more seriously. Just my two cents.
ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........(the whales might be listening)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:36 PM
pariah1107

Credibility is the #1 issue. Peter Nash FABRICATED rare baseball artifacts, lied about it, and is somehow exonerated (in some circles) because he posts a blog about the very thing he participated in.

It's sickening to attack a person who operates an open forum for the betterment of our hobby to advance a personal agenda. He needs psychological help.

I believe people on this board take it VERY SERIOUSLY.

Last edited by pariah1107; 07-29-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:42 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Ty--do you think the thefts are not problems?
Old 07-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Ty--do you think the thefts are not problems?
Yes, they are a problem...so is child abuse and if Casey Anthony was blogging about it she'd be getting crucified. Peter Nash gets what he deserves.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
. Some serious people like Dorothy Seymour Mills appear on board to get this situation rectified. Maybe the board should take it a little more seriously. Just my two cents.
She probably has no idea of Peter Nash's involvement in fraud. It's not like he writes about it on his blog.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

All I said is that the thefts are a problem. A lot of people are unaware of them. If you are aware of them great. End of statement.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Dan Bretta

A lot of people here on the board do take it seriously, we just don't take Nash seriously.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Dave Terwi.lliger

wow.

I take it this guy isn't the surprise guest speaker at the net54 national gig.

what a cheap shot.

Last edited by murcerfan; 07-29-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Hey Leon,

It was in the past. You paid your dues.

As far as I am concerned, it makes no difference to me. We are here to talk about baseball cards.

We got your back here at the Forum.
+1 As Leon pointed out, he owned up to his mistake and paid his dues. When your time is served, probation or parole completed, you have served your debt to society for the mistake that was made. Putting "ex-felon" in front of his name was juvenile and unnecessary. What was the point?

Someone's panties were in a twist.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 AM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
+1 As Leon pointed out, he owned up to his mistake and paid his dues. When your time is served, probation or parole completed, you have served your debt to society for the mistake that was made.
I thought having to moderate Net54 was part of Leon's sentence.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Alex

I do not know anything about Nash but find his blog entertaining.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

I found the blog interesting and entertaining too, until I see how he really turns on people and goes out of his way to make them look guilty and awful when he has a personal vendetta against them.

Some had warned me about him but I was too stupid to listen, until now.

I hope Nash gets put behind bars someday.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Andy Garden

On top of being a fraud, MC Serch carried him in 3rd Bass. Sad I knew this guy as "Prime Minister Pete Nice" when I was a freshman in HS. Hard to find much nice about him.

Best,

Andy
Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Holy Cow, a thread about Peter Nash and HOS and Travis hasn't posted...what is up with that?

BTW, Leon you are tops in my book, whatever happened in your past is your business, not ours.

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 07-30-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Holy Cow, a thread about Peter Nash and HOS and Travis hasn't posted...what is up with that?
Nash hasn't told him what to say yet.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Nash hasn't told him what to say yet.
harsh (but funny)

Last edited by Cardboard Junkie; 07-30-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: to add "but funny"
Old 07-30-2013, 01:16 PM
David R

Quote:
All I said is that the thefts are a problem. A lot of people are unaware of them. If you are aware of them great. End of statement.
I didn't know anything about Nash, the HOS, or the NYPL thefts until I read this post. Nash seems like he has lots of issues of his own and his mudslinging at Leon seems undeserved and mean-spirited. Leon has done a terrific job running this Board from everything I have seen. The issue that troubled me (and interested me) the most about the HOS article was the NYPL thefts (which I guess were old news to everyone but me). I was also troubled (if it's true) that folks would knowingly buy that stolen stuff and proudly display it here and on other sites. I wasn't aware that had happened (if it really did). I am surprised this post didn't generate more discussion about those issues, but maybe that's all been discussed ad nauseum in the past on here.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:47 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R View Post
I didn't know anything about Nash, the HOS, or the NYPL thefts until I read this post. Nash seems like he has lots of issues of his own and his mudslinging at Leon seems undeserved and mean-spirited. Leon has done a terrific job running this Board from everything I have seen. The issue that troubled me (and interested me) the most about the HOS article was the NYPL thefts (which I guess were old news to everyone but me). I was also troubled (if it's true) that folks would knowingly buy that stolen stuff and proudly display it here and on other sites. I wasn't aware that had happened (if it really did). I am surprised this post didn't generate more discussion about those issues, but maybe that's all been discussed ad nauseum in the past on here.
It's complicated. I hope that anyone with suspect material in their collections would willingly return the material to the rightful owners. Sad, this hobby was so much more fun when this stuff wasn't worth a lot of money. Dave.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Max Weder

If anyone is concerned about an item offered being from the NYPL, I suggest they contact the library. When I saw an item on ebay with suspect provenance, I contacted the library and they indicated that it had indeed been properly deaccessioned (surprised they would have done that, but that's what the NYPL said).

The person who responded in 2008 was

Robert J. Vanni
Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
The New York Public Library, Astor, Lenox and Tilden Foundations
Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street
New York, New York 10018-2788
tel. (212) 930-0744
fax (212) 391-2503
rvanni@nypl.org

Don't know if he's still there but he indicated the library welcomed such queries.

Max
Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Christopher Williams

For Mr. Nash to insert Leon's past in that context was way below the belt.

Shame on you, Mr. Nash.

Travis.......

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 07-30-2013 at 06:45 PM.