NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Default Roberto Clemente autographs.......

Many of you know, I started a thread a while back entitled "So I started a Mickey Mantle Project", which is located here.
~~~~~~~~~~> https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271449

Anyhow, I have indeed begun something similar for my other main collecting interest, Roberto Clemente.

I know there aren't a ton of Clemente autographs around, but they can be had. There is usually up around 10+ signed items on Ebay at any given time, whether it be cards, photos, signed cuts, etc.

That said, there are a number of longtime dedicated Clemente collectors here and the "365 Days of Clemente" thread by docpatlv was just brilliant.

It featured a number of Clemente autographs, but I also know well that there are a bunch of Clemente autographs here on the board, that may not have been shown in that thread.

I'm currently in the process of getting something signed by him, but have not 100% "agreed" on it yet. Hopefully this week I be able will finally make the deal.

I would love to see any and all signed Clemente pieces, (for comparison) so here is your chance to post.
Post em' if ya got 'em.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Here's mine. Got it from Jim Stinson a few years ago. There was once a salutation that somebody used whiteout on, but it doesn't affect the Best Wishes or his sig. It matted out fairly well so all is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clemente (2).jpg (67.0 KB, 288 views)
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 06-13-2020, 11:51 AM
Mikeknapp

I only have 2 but enjoy them both. The first measures near 7 inches and is on a Roberto Clemente Night poster the second is on an autograph page in the 1972 Dapper Dan program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200613_104640.jpg (43.9 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg 20200613_104709.jpg (18.2 KB, 271 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 06-19-2020, 01:36 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Awesome examples guys..........

I know there are a bunch more here floating around the board, and if the right few posters see this thread then we will have some more to look at.

On a personal note, I contacted someone yesterday about "striking a deal" on a Clemente signed piece.
I hope I hear something early this afternoon.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:04 PM

Scott,

Here’s my favorite signed Clemente item...

Old 06-19-2020, 09:08 PM

And a couple of team signed baseballs...

Old 06-19-2020, 11:15 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
And a couple of team signed baseballs...

Beautiful items docpatlv, I knew some other items were bound to come out of the woodwork had the right owners noticed this post.

If you are ever looking to part with anything (auto-related), please put me on top of the list.

Good stuff~!

Old 06-20-2020, 06:21 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Here is my example. A pirates team signed ball with a nice, large Clemente example.
Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6495EAC2-4414-4B3D-8548-56F951CF752F.jpg (13.2 KB, 202 views)
Old 06-21-2020, 06:43 AM

Here are a couple of mine. One early in his career, one later. Planning to create displays representing those times in his career.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display 1d.jpg (77.5 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg clemente check.jpg (75.9 KB, 172 views)
Old 06-24-2020, 02:56 PM

I was lucky to find someone willing to sell this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clemente.jpg (71.3 KB, 149 views)
Old 06-24-2020, 07:13 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeinge View Post
I was lucky to find someone willing to sell this.

I saw that when you posted it in one of the other threads (Uh, I think??).
I immediately noticed how special it was.

I related it earlier in the thread, but I was fortunate enough to make a deal on a Clemente signed item myself, late last week.
While it may not rival some of these posted items, I will be stoked to finally get it in hand.

It is actually a multi-signed item, but it fit the bill of something I was looking to display and enjoy, not just tuck away after getting it into my possession.

I started a thread about my "project" here. ~~~~~~> https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=284785

I'm hoping to hear word on shipping on my latest auto pickup in the next day or two.
I know the company I got it from was back logged with orders and shipping delays, mostly quarantine-related closure issues.
They have apparently begun shipping items again, and I'd like to get it in hand in the next 4-5 days.

I will definitely post it here once it arrives.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCollector1 View Post
I saw that when you posted it in one of the other threads (Uh, I think??).
I immediately noticed how special it was.

I related it earlier in the thread, but I was fortunate enough to make a deal on a Clemente signed item myself, late last week.
While it may not rival some of these posted items, I will be stoked to finally get it in hand.

It is actually a multi-signed item, but it fit the bill of something I was looking to display and enjoy, not just tuck away after getting it into my possession.

I started a thread about my "project" here. ~~~~~~> https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=284785

I'm hoping to hear word on shipping on my latest auto pickup in the next day or two.
I know the company I got it from was back logged with orders and shipping delays, mostly quarantine-related closure issues.
They have apparently begun shipping items again, and I'd like to get it in hand in the next 4-5 days.

I will definitely post it here once it arrives.

Please forgive my boasting. Most people never see a unicorn in their lives.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:00 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeinge View Post
Please forgive my boasting. Most people never see a unicorn in their lives.

I didn't take it as a boast........ in fact I was hoping many board members would post there examples here, and I'm glad you did.

(What I meant was, I wasn't 100% positive I saw it in the other thread, its so many items here sometimes)
The docpatlv thread was immense. Although I have been through it, I didn't necessarily remember any and all auto examples posted there either...... Wasn't really sure if it was there, or the "monthly pickups" thread.

I did snag another Clemente card for my project, but still no word yet on shipping for the auto piece I picked up.
Hopefully tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Finally got around to getting this thing scanned...……
Snagged this off 4 Sharp Corners about 5 weeks back.

I thought I got it at a very good price, completely stoked to add it to my collection.
Notice he signed it "Bob Clemente", which doesn't bother me at all, although many might not like it signed as such.

I have seen him sign a few items like that before, but it wasn't often.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-21-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:40 PM

Great pickup Scott!
Old 07-22-2020, 05:31 PM
H Murphy

Default Clemente

Hello Scott, nice addition sir. Enjoy it. Not sure if this got lost in the prior Clemente thread, it sure took off, but enclosed is an early auto. Too bad it`s so close together but thought best to jump at the chance to get Clemente from his minor league days. Enclosed, an auto from 54 while playing in Montreal in the Dodger`s farm system. Pittsburg sure knew what they were doing when they claimed Roberto. Happy hunting.....
A3D0B204-FEEB-4C59-97A5-63BD56072A6F by Hugh Murphy, on Flickr
Old 07-22-2020, 09:31 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Tum301, that's an amazing piece. One of the earlier signed items I have seen with him. I have seen a few, but its not many from that timeframe, or more likely they are sitting in others collections locked away.

Wondering others thoughts on this particular piece on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBERTO-CLE...AAAOSwiURa01KY

I have my own thoughts on this item, but I will wait until a few others chime in and give their thoughts on this piece.

One big thing I noticed right away, was the seller feedback of "0".

Would like to know a few other of you guys opinions on this one.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-22-2020 at 09:33 PM.