NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-18-2021, 07:57 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
You can choose to get paid every day of the week. Don't need to wait 4-5 days. Usually one day.
Just to be clear, the timeframes I listed above were for daily payouts. There is always a lag of at least 2 days between when a sale occurs and when eBay sends the payout to your bank account (longer if the 2nd day falls on a weekend), and in my case, the funds show in my bank account the following day after eBay sends them. While I do get payouts sent to me every business day, they are not for the preceding day's sales. They are consistent enough that I am comfortable going ahead and sending items out once eBay indicates they have received payment, though that does technically mean that I am floating the shipping cost and sending merch for which the funds have not yet cleared in my account. Your comfort level with that may vary, but you would need to adjust your "handling time" accordingly, as eBay starts the clock from the time they receive payment, not from when they funds have cleared your bank account.

I don't use eBay to print shipping labels, but if you do, the weekly payout may make more sense for the reason Adam mentioned. While I have had eBay hold funds in some occasions due to buyer disputes or postal delays, I have not yet had a shortfall such that they went into my bank account to pull funds to cover those. I can see how that would be problematic if it were happening on a regular basis to cover shipping costs. Personally, I have found eBay's tendency to erase records of darn near everything after 90 days troublesome enough that I use stamps.com for printing shipping labels in order to have those shipping records available and searchable for a longer timeframe, but your needs may vary.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:38 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I've been using managed payments for awhile and it has been fine. I use the sales proceeds for shipping costs so I am set up for weekly payments. It has been fine so far.

Jeff
Old 03-18-2021, 10:23 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post

I don't use eBay to print shipping labels, but if you do, the weekly payout may make more sense for the reason Adam mentioned. While I have had eBay hold funds in some occasions due to buyer disputes or postal delays, I have not yet had a shortfall such that they went into my bank account to pull funds to cover those. I can see how that would be problematic if it were happening on a regular basis to cover shipping costs. Personally, I have found eBay's tendency to erase records of darn near everything after 90 days troublesome enough that I use stamps.com for printing shipping labels in order to have those shipping records available and searchable for a longer timeframe, but your needs may vary.

Wish I could still use Stamps.com to print my Ebay shipping labels, because it saves time printing multiple labels, but it absolutely refuses to import my Ebay orders, no matter how many times I delete and reinstall my Ebay info to their program..........and manually putting that info in, completely defeats the purpose of the tool.

As is, I'm also reliant on payouts being due to my account to pay my shipping costs, but I generally ship quick enough that it isn't an issue. Also still have my Paypal account as a backup, in case that is an issue.