NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-27-2002, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Bob

This day December 26th marks the absolute worst day for this board with popups. What gives? Crap, I get
6-7 popups each time I click. Unfriggingbelievable...

Old 12-27-2002, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

This one works fine... small download

http://download.com.com/3000-2366-10165905.html?tag=lst-0-1

Old 12-27-2002, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Hankron

I downloaded from elewhere a anti-popup software, and it works great

Old 12-28-2002, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Robert

OK so I downloaded this POPUP Killer and still I get popups and I get popovers and popunders and all sorts of crap. Is there a popup killer that really works? Or is there another board we can go to? Rob

Old 12-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: jay behrens

http://www.panicware.com

with this program you also have the ability to report sites that figured out how to beat their software so that they once again kill their ads

Jay

Old 12-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Hankron

panicware is what I use. The only catch is that you have to press the control button to open up another window.

Old 12-28-2002, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Hi Jay I tried this one to and it does not work for me. I have AOL and maybe these do not work with it. I like coming to this site but if these pop ups contuine I will not come back here. If anyone knows of a popup killer that works with AOL please post the link here. Thanks Rob

Old 12-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: jay behrens

I thought the enew version of AOHell was supposed to have a built in pop up killer? In all seriousness, I would ditch AOL and get local provider or Earthlink. I used to be with Earthlink and they have great customer service, built in pop up killers and I got zero spam on that account even though I used the adress publicly. Had to ditch Earthlink when I moved to MN because they didn't offer high speed access this far into the boondocks.

Jay

Old 12-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: TBob

The Panicware popup killer kills two out of every seven popups. It's a gigantic frigging nightmare which has gotten far, far worse than it was just weeks ago.

Old 12-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

OK I just spoke to AOL and they gave me some help. Beleave that some help form AOL? Well here is what they told me to do.

Dear Robert,

Hello, it's me Yvette from Members Help Interactive, and I am writing you in follow up on our conversation.

In response to your concern, may I please refer you to the information I have supplied for you below. Thank you.

When a pop-up window appears while visiting a specific website, your browser actually reads a command or web code in that specific web page. Web programmers or designers create these web codes in their website for advertising or design purposes.

You may contact the Webmaster of the site for further information and for help accessing the site.

To e-mail the Webmaster, send e-mail to WEBMASTER@servername.com.

For example if the site is on JUNO.COM, you would send e-mail to the following name:

WEBMASTER@JUNO.COM

However, you may consider the steps on how to disable the JavaScripts if you wish to temporarily disable the pop-up advertisements on websites.

TO COMPLETELY REMOVE ALL POP-UP ADS IN AOL 8.0

1. Sign on to AOL.
2. Click SETTINGS on the Toolbar and select PREFERENCES.
3. Click INTERNET PROPERTIES (WWW).
4. Click the SECURITY TAB, then click the CUSTOM LEVEL button.
5. The Securities Settings window will appear, please scroll down on the list and look for the SCRIPTING section.
6. Set the ACTIVE SCRIPTING to DISABLE.
7. Click OK.
8. When you get this prompt "Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?" click YES.

If you are using the Internet Explorer and accessing AOL Anywhere website, please follow the steps below:

1. Double click the INTERNET EXPLORER icon in your desktop.
2. Click the TOOLS menu on the toolbar, then choose INTERNET OPTIONS.
3. Click the SECURITY TAB, then click the CUSTOM LEVEL button.
4. The Securities Settings window will appear, please scroll down on the list and look for the SCRIPTING section.
6. Set the ACTIVE SCRIPTING to DISABLE.
7. Click OK.
8. When you get this prompt "Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?" click YES.

There are some sites that actually do something useful with JavaScript. In order for those sites to work properly you'll need to go back and enable it. Make sure you do this if a site does not seem to be working properly.

NOTE : I would appreciate it very much if you will let me know the results of this via email so I can be able to provide you additional information if needed. Please send an email to my screen name AOLTechHYD@aol.com.

Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time, patience and continued support.

It is my wish for you to have the best possible online experience. Enjoy America Online!

Take Care and Have a great day!

Your Online Friend,
Yvette J

AOLTechHYD
Technical Department
Member Help Interactive
AOL Member Services, Inc.

May I reiterate my commitment in continuing to provide you competent and efficient online services.

Old 12-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Hey this really worked. I have been on the board checking things and readind for about 5 minutes now and NO popups. Rob

Old 12-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Ben

everybody MUST follow the instructions in Robert's last post. I have no popups now. NONE!

Old 12-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Ben

Having disabled active scripting, I cannot access my hotmail account because I have disabled Java scripting...whatever that means. So I changed it back. Oh well the lack of popups was good while it lasted.

Old 12-28-2002, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Turning off JavaScript will suppress popups, but it will also render many sites non-functional (not this one, however). Any sites with dynamic menus, for example, won't work. You're essentially surfing the web circa 1996 if you disable all client scripting.

Elliot has mentioned that the specific popup problems on this site may go away soon - I think it requires that Network54 be paid off, though, for the "premium" service of not having them bombard all users.

Old 12-29-2002, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 12-29-2002, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Old 12-30-2002, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Old 12-31-2002, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Posted By: TBob

and got 19 popup ads. Ain't AOL wonderful?

Old 12-31-2002, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

You should just open the control panel and disable the scrip and just close down the window so if you have a problem with another site you can just enable it again. At least you can click on anything you want on this site and not have a problem or pop up. Rob

Old 12-31-2002, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Old 12-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Default POP-UP HELL!!!!

Well if you have AOL all those popup killers do not work. So if you have AOL you can do what is explained in the email above and just leave the control window closed down so if you need to enable the scrip you can do if very easy. This is only if you have AOL. So Bob it sounds like you have AOL so you should try it. Rob