NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-13-2001, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Lets start things off with a question!

Posted By: Trevor (snider4prez)

I have not posted on Fullcount's board for some time now because of all the bickering. I hope this forum stays civil. Lets start things off with an easy question. What's your favorite card or item? Me personal it's my T206 George Hunter card. I know, I know, GEORGE HUNTER! Well the reason is, my 21 month old sons name is Hunter and are favorite team is the Dodgers. So if any one has seen the T206 George Hunter, you will find on the front of the card is say "Hunter, Brooklyn" So I couldn't help myself. I am working on a complete collection of all know back's of Mr. George Hunter. If you come across any please e-amil me at trevor@dlhstudios.com I real hope this forum works. Please keep up the posts, tell your friends and I think it will.
Happy Collecting
Trevor Hocking (snider4prez)
trevor@dlhstudios.com

Old 09-13-2001, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

have to be my Four Base Hits Kelly (is there a better 19th Century card?), my 1869 Peck and Snyder, and my H812 Smiling Mickey Welch......best regards

Old 09-13-2001, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trevor (snider4prez)

Hey Leon,
Who doesn't know your favorite's. I think those are the favorites of the whole 19th century community, and then some. You are very lucky man to be able to hold those cards every night. By the way, nice job on Cobb. How did the others turn out, or did you only grade the Cobb?

Old 09-13-2001, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Hey Trevor,
Sorry didn't mean to brag. I know I have been very "Luckey". (and hopefully luckier in the future:).. the Cobb was the only one I sent in for a few reasons. I wanted to get a good (not perfect but the best out there) third party opinion on it's non-tampered state. It was also the most expensive (most are commons with 4-5 HOF)so I had the most to lose. If I caught the mistake (if there was one)early on then it might still have been able to be rectified. Since most are rare backs and not rare cards I think the rest of them "might" total the cobb Those were the main reasons. The rest look better, or more to specs anyway, then this one.
best regards
ps....I might really like this forum unless we starting getting bombed with those damn pop up ads

Old 09-14-2001, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: HalleyGator

Here's my favorite card, so hopefully it shows up:

Old 09-14-2001, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

My favorite cards are my E107 Honus Wagner, my Peck & Snyder CDV, and my Tomas Guiterrez Oscar Charleston.

Elliot, thanks for setting up this forum!

Old 09-14-2001, 09:03 AM
Administrator

I am envious Halleygator.......best regards

Old 09-14-2001, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john(z28jd)

has to be a tie between my 4 Larry Corcoran old judge cards..always wanted his cards when i was younger now i buy any that i can find,which is damn near impossible...anyone got a Larry Corcoran old judge sell it to me please....im begging! i need the London variation of this card,then thatwill be my new favorite card,thanks John

Old 09-14-2001, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Plastic Dog

Must be contagious. I probably am too.

Old 09-14-2001, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Vognar Julie

Favorite cards I will never have: Four Base Hits Kelly, E-270 Jackson (that's Colgan's Chips "Tin Tops"; regular Colgan's Chips (E=254) doesn't have a jackson, even though SCD guide keeps saying they do.

Favorite cards I have:

N172 1887 Radbourn, standing right back of picture in gleaming white suit, with his right shoe busted open; N172 Dummy Hoy, common pose, right arm cocked to throw ball; curtain shows field of flowers and paths winding away.
Julie

Old 09-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: vintagecards

Halleygator -- I remember bidding against Don Louchios on this card on eBay about 2 months ago. How in the world did you end up with it?

Old 09-14-2001, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: deadballera

I like the Buck Weaver "Zeenut" card. Showing a little attitude......awesome card !

Old 09-14-2001, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

I happen to think that old Gus Weyhing has a shot at being a Hall member some day (check out his stats). In the process of researching him, I stumbled upon the Library of Congress site which incorrectly has Gus' brother John's Old Judge card labeled as his.

I hadn't yet purchased Lipset's Encyclopedia, so to clear up the mystery, I wound up (after a rather circuitous route) locating and becoming friendly with Gus' nephew, Ed. He has subsequently sent me lots of info on Gus (I'm trying to convince Ed to write an article for VCBC) and I've sent him lots of photos for the family album he put together.

I was fortunate to have found the cards of both brothers in outstanding shape. They became prized posessions not only for their value as 19th century baseball period pieces, but symbols of the new friendship I had found while acquiring them!

Old 09-14-2001, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: HalleyGator

Dear vintage....

I got the card from SportsCardPlus on a trade plus cash, so perhaps they were auctioning it off and neither of you met the reserve??

Either that or you won the auction and the accidentally shipped it to me!!

Old 09-15-2001, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: W.M.

My 1974 Toppps set, it is the first set I collected as a kid.

Old 09-17-2001, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

proper form of braging!

Old 09-17-2001, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

I feel the same. Sentimental value plus half the set is PSA 9 and I have 4 10's!

Old 09-19-2001, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

I'm a sucker for the style of tinting these two issues have - the Fleer Williams has the finish to his classic swing as he watches another ball leave the park. And the Baker is my favorite vintage portrait, just edging the T206 Griffith. Favorite non-vintage is Roger Maris' 1968 Topps card (Cardinals) - by the late '60s Maris and Mantle were still the big name players in our small town (we were behind in everything) and I remember getting this card and being surprised that Maris wasn't a Yankee anymore and thinking he looked pretty sad about it.