NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-27-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
What else do you need me to do that will make YOU happy? Stay in the house and not come out for a year or 2? Yah not gonna happen.
Only through November 3, if things go their way that night then 90% of this will disappear overnight.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Only through November 3, if things go their way that night then 90% of this will disappear overnight.
ahahaahahhaahahahaaha!!!!! The truth.

Poor CNN. Be careful what you wish for (CNN). They have no idea their ratings are going to sink like a stone if Trump loses. They will have nothing to talk about.

Fox too, if Trump is gone both will take a beating......both their ratings have surged this past year and the past four years because of him. Like him or not that's a fact.

At least Fox has the babes to tune back into. CNN by February, people will be like was it CMM or CN&N what was that station?
Old 07-27-2020, 09:25 PM
Rob

I'm starting to think that there's an outside chance that it's not going away, like influenza. We will have to adapt. Robert

I'm really enjoying the baseball. It's kind of heroic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faulknernobelspeech751.jpg (82.9 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg jacklondon.jpg (59.9 KB, 387 views)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:03 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Exactly! Adapt.

Change is extremely difficult for old people and a little challenging for any age people.

You all need to pick up a book and read about the 1918 Virus that lasted 2 years. Eerily similar. No one took it serious, it spread, they shut it down, it came back in waves. Baseball continued the whole time.

And don't forget unlike today's FLU that preys on the old, the weak, the obese and those with conditions, in addition to the FLU back in 1918-20 (that killed healthy people mind you), they also were fighting a World War. And you guys want to cancel baseball because 7 Marlins got sick. Good god!

History repeats itself, not to a "T", but pretty damn close.

Ruth had influenza......recovered.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 07-28-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:07 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

I have no idea what the right thing to do is about all this, but I have noticed something that really gives me pause: I really believe there are many, many people who WANT this to be the new normal - by "this" I mean working at home, virtual school, limited socializing, etc.

And that makes me nervous. You cannot teach elementary school kids via a computer. You cannot learn proper social skills via a computer. You cannot grow a company via a computer.

There has to be an end date to all this. We were told to stay home to flatten the curve. The curve flattened and now the goal posts are constantly being moved back. What if this is like the chicken pox in that it's always around?
Old 07-28-2020, 07:23 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
I have no idea what the right thing to do is about all this, but I have noticed something that really gives me pause: I really believe there are many, many people who WANT this to be the new normal - by "this" I mean working at home, virtual school, limited socializing, etc.

And that makes me nervous. You cannot teach elementary school kids via a computer. You cannot learn proper social skills via a computer. You cannot grow a company via a computer.

There has to be an end date to all this. We were told to stay home to flatten the curve. The curve flattened and now the goal posts are constantly being moved back. What if this is like the chicken pox in that it's always around?
We live in a quick fix society, take a pill or shot and its over for whatever problem we want. Going to be new normal for some time, the virus mutates as well. Theres a reason One flu shot doesnt solve everything.

We drive cars yet people die every day doing it. However its worth the risk. As we learn more about Covid we are learning about the very low risks and new medications not vacinnes will also reduce the symptons and death rates.....

if a business want to open or a sport and its makes business sense, let them try.. who are we to tell someone that is trying to make an honest living not to try

people are educated as to what they want to buy........there will be sports outbreaks next year as well you will see, however wont be the same panic as yesterday..

again as i said yesterday, that will be considered the low point......and all this discussion of canceling the season after day 3 will be silly...