NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
There would have been absolutely no reason for timelord to have edited the original BST ad if he had nothing to do with cashing that check. He edited it on 2/2/15 to add "Paypal gift accepted" a full 16 months after making the original posting. He has quite clearly incriminated himself with that edit. Perhaps the timelord didn't realize his edit would leave a time stamp?
+1...Definitely incriminating.

Jeff
Old 02-16-2015, 01:44 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Yes, the thread I locked right after he did it.
It's actually the N300 Delahanty which sold around the same time as the Robinson. Thanks for locking down the thread Leon.

Bill, and others, thanks for doing some legwork. I'd done a bit of my own but am not going to publicly post any of that here (yet). Going forward feel free to email anything you find you think may help, but that may be too sensitive to post here, directly to itjclarke@yahoo.com.

Al, I will see if I can jumble letters a bit.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
It's actually the N300 Delahanty which sold around the same time as the Robinson. Thanks for locking down the thread Leon.

Bill, and others, thanks for doing some legwork. I'd done a bit of my own but am not going to publicly post any of that here (yet). Going forward feel free to email anything you find you think may help, but that may be too sensitive to post here, directly to itjclarke@yahoo.com.

Al, I will see if I can jumble letters a bit.
I got my mayo's confused. I like mustard anyway >.....
Old 02-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Bi11..R0berts

My pleasure Ian. It is our responsibility and in our best interests to help each other police our hobby. Thank you for letting us know about this.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty

Last edited by brob28; 02-17-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:01 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
The Blowout Cards TimeLord is not our Timelord.

Our Timelord, Richard, is in Philadelphia, and is, I believe, in the banking business and collects vintage. His collecting interests include e107 and meteorites. He has websites devoted to both.
If he's in the banking business, I think that speaks volumes.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
If he's in the banking business, I think that speaks volumes.
Jesse James was in the Banking Business too.!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Jesse James was in the Banking Business too.!
along with lots of guys on the show American greed
Old 02-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
There would have been absolutely no reason for timelord to have edited the original BST ad if he had nothing to do with cashing that check. He edited it on 2/2/15 to add "Paypal gift accepted" a full 16 months after making the original posting. He has quite clearly incriminated himself with that edit. Perhaps the timelord didn't realize his edit would leave a time stamp?
OK I'm lost. Where is there a 2-2-15 edit? I only see a 2-2-14 edit.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:56 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
OK I'm lost. Where is there a 2-2-15 edit? I only see a 2-2-14 edit.
I also only saw the 2-2-14 edit on both cards mentioned
Old 02-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
I also only saw the 2-2-14 edit on both cards mentioned
That is still 6 months after the initial post(s). Very strange at best...

Last edited by Leon; 02-16-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:06 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Quote:
That is still 6 months after the initial post(s). Very strange at best...
Agree, especially the kind of edit made.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Todd Schultz

Not really, and it's only 2+ months from when he said he didn't receive the check and instead received paypal-- the OP said the paypal and card were both received in November '13. I've been guilty of forgetting to update the B/S/T thread for awhile after I've sold a card. I guess I fail to see the incriminating nature of the edit at all.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Dan Bretta

My bad...I still think it's 2014 for some reason...anyway he edited that post well after the transaction was completed to say "Paypal gift accepted"...why would do this? And who does this?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:56 PM

People might have asked if he accepted Paypal before the buyer actually sent payment. I never consider a transaction as being complete before being paid, but I will put the card/item on hold and always take first satisfying offer.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Al

Quote:
My bad...I still think it's 2014 for some reason...anyway he edited that post well after the transaction was completed to say "Paypal gift accepted"...why would do this? And who does this?
To tell the truth I do it alot Dan. I go back sometimes 4,5,6 months erase most of the text and pictures. I do it most of the time just so I dont get PMs asking if these items are still for sale.etc. Most of the time I erase everything and put SOLD in the listing. I dont know its just something I do so I dont see it to be that strange. But to change to paypal gift accepted only maybe a bit out of line.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 02-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Do you have a list of all his prior edits, if any? Most people here, although I'm not entirely certain why, feel the need to remove the price once the item is sold, and this clearly was done here. Other than that, do we know whether the manner of payment that seller found satisfactory was edited in after the fact, i.e., do we know the exact portion of the message that had been edited?

Finally, even if that language was added with the price removal, could that not just be an internal note for seller’s accounting purposes as to how he got paid?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
To tell the truth I do it alot Dan. I go back sometimes 4,5,6 months erase most of the text and pictures. I do it most of the time just so I dont get PMs asking if these items are still for sale.etc. Most of the time I erase everything and put SOLD in the listing. I dont know its just something I do so I dont see it to be that strange. But to change to paypal gift accepted only maybe a bit out of line.
Sorry to be a little off topic. I can understand adding SOLD to the listing but not deleting entire posts, changing pictures after item has sold, or removing the price after item has sold. I know several sellers do this just don't understand why.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:38 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
All, I'll say I find this one of the least compelling bits of information presented so far (as well as other things learned off line). I didn't refer to this in my original post because it was well down the pecking order, but had PMd with Leon separately about it since I thought it odd. Eliminate this completely from the discussion and there's still a lot of other "stuff".

I'll leave it at that, and won't make any more assertions here. I personally hope this thread sort of dies down, as I think it's mostly served its purpose for now. Thanks for all good ideas and opinions received thus far, and I continue to welcome any ideas/suggestions others may have, however ask you use my email- itjclarke@yahoo.com since my PM box is just about full.

As said before, after all is said and done, I'll bullet the outcome and any key lessons learned about this or similar situations.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:45 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Sorry to be a little off topic. I can understand adding SOLD to the listing but not deleting entire posts, changing pictures after item has sold, or removing the price after item has sold. I know several sellers do this just don't understand why.
I think sellers remove the price because after its sold serves both the buyer and seller.

for the buyer..if I was going to sell it again ..it may never get more than what i paid for it on net 54 if trying to sell on net54..some buyers just refuse to pay more more than what they see a card sold for on the same site....for the seller...if the card sells at auctions for less money, it wont look good for potential sales pitch on other cards if people can see that you have tried to sell cards in the past for more than they sell for on ebay...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-16-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Do you have a list of all his prior edits, if any? Most people here, although I'm not entirely certain why, feel the need to remove the price once the item is sold, and this clearly was done here. Other than that, do we know whether the manner of payment that seller found satisfactory was edited in after the fact, i.e., do we know the exact portion of the message that had been edited?

Finally, even if that language was added with the price removal, could that not just be an internal note for seller’s accounting purposes as to how he got paid?
Dude, forget all of that crap. He knows someone cashed a check written to him, said it wasn't him, and won't help.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Dude, forget all of that crap. He knows someone cashed a check written to him, said it wasn't him, and won't help.
And Todd had 14 follow-up questions too....

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Brad Pencil

Quote:
Exactly! Like I said before, its just simple common sense that if you had nothing to do with what happened you would be helping this person out as much as possible to help make it right.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Wow, why the hostility? I just questioned what was supposed to be some sort of smoking gun that turns out not to be so. Forgive me for having doused my torch and blunted my pitchfork.

And you can bet, Peter, that I would have far more than 14 questions Oh well, back to the lynching at hand.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Wow, why the hostility? I just questioned what was supposed to be some sort of smoking gun that turns out not to be so. Forgive me for having doused my torch and blunted my pitchfork.

And you can bet, Peter, that I would have far more than 14 questions Oh well, back to the lynching at hand.
It wasn't supposed to come out hostile, sorry about that. But I think sometimes we get sidetracked from some of the most important issues.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
It wasn't supposed to come out hostile, sorry about that. But I think sometimes we get sidetracked from some of the most important issues.
Agreed. Like not pre-judging or jumping to conclusions, and acknowledging that everyone should be entitled to a defense, even in absentia. I am confident the truth will be made known to the appropriate parties in time, and see little gained by fanning the flames now.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:38 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Agreed. Like not pre-judging or jumping to conclusions, and acknowledging that everyone should be entitled to a defense, even in absentia. I am confident the truth will be made known to the appropriate parties in time, and see little gained by fanning the flames now.
The guy's not helping. That should be fairly incriminating. I would think that the bank should be able to show which account that check was deposited into, and then if that account belongs to Timelord, then I don't know how Timelord can explain it. If the check went into some other account unrelated to Timelord or to cash, then there is something more of a possibility the check was stolen and the signature forged.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Default positive development

Well, I said I wouldn't give a play by play going forward, but there has just been a positive development. My bank's fraud claims people called this afternoon and said they had just received the completed and signed affidavit for check fraud form. I do not have any more details, nor will I share more about their investigation until it's done, but I felt it fair to Richard and the board to let you all know.

I still have not heard a word from Richard in 3.5 weeks, but I'll take this as a positive 1st step.. though I expect there will need to be several more steps ahead.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:29 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Awesome
Old 02-17-2015, 04:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

[QUOTE=itjclarke;1381670]Well, I said I wouldn't give a play by play going forward, but there has just been a positive development. My bank's fraud claims people called this afternoon and said they had just received the completed and signed affidavit for check fraud form. I do not have any more details, nor will I share more about their investigation until it's done, but I felt it fair to Richard and the board to let you all know.

I still have not heard a word from Richard in 3.5 weeks, but I'll take this as a positive 1st step.. though I expect there will need to be several more steps ahead.[/QUOTE

a good start.....
Old 02-17-2015, 04:34 PM
qu@n nguy3n

lesson learned... don't deal with anyone that has more than one "final price reduction".
Old 07-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I@n Cl@rke

I guess it's an appropriate time to bump this thread, due in part to some recent BST postings that I'd noticed (and had pointed out to me by a few board members), as well as the fact I'm now closer to full resolution.

About 4-5 weeks ago, the full amount of money I'd lost simply re-appeared in my account. It reappeared as quickly and inexplicably as it had disappeared, and I didn't notice until a few days later. I then received a brief form letter from Wells Fargo simply stating money had been deposited, making reference to a case number, but offering no specific case details. I have a call into them, have not heard back, and have been otherwise pretty swamped work/life wise so haven't pursued it further. I presume they found enough to determine there was fraud/foul play involved and were able to get the depositing bank to pay them. That part is good, but the lingering questions still bug me.

I still have yet to hear a peep from the BST seller (Timelord) since well prior to this thread's origin. I guess now, as he is selling again, is another opportunity for him to speak up here, or reach out to me directly. Regardless, once things slow down a bit for me (prob in Fall), and I get caught up elsewhere, I'll continue pursuing the bank's "investigators" for more information. If/when I get any info that seems relevant to board dealings, I'll post it here.

Thanks again to all the guys who offered advice and feedback when I was working through this. This board is awesome. If anyone wants to connect this go around, feel free to email directly-- itjclarke@yahoo.com since my PM box is pretty full.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Hopefully you hear back from the bank but I'm glad you got a refund so you're at least not out any money at this point. Best of luck to you, Ian!