NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 12-31-2022, 06:12 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Right you are Jake. There are a lot of different factors that play a part in inflation and prices we face. I was just pointing out that generalizing putting things under inflation alone isn't always the full or most significant reason(s) that we are facing rising prices. This latest bout has a lot of different things that have contributed to what we are experiencing. Spending, government policies, and such are most definitely factors, just as the Covid pandemic, supply chain issues, and the war in Ukraine, are not helping things at all either.
Trillions in spending is a significant reason though, if we do not learn from history we are doomed to repeat it....10 years from now we will be back at this again and many on this forum may not be earning income at that time

gas prices are down right now...there is still a raging war in ukraine ...eggs i saw at one place was SEVEN dollars a dozen. There are always going to be many things, but we can control the spending of trillions...we cant control what will happen in other countries. We should take care of things on our end first.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:46 PM
Bob C.

Everyone can believe what they want, but as shown in this thread, and like so many others before it have already demonstrated, trying to have a normal, intelligent discussion about topics like inflation, Covid, people's eating habits, and such, is generally impossible. It is similar to other debates like who does or does not belong in the HOF, who is the best left-handed pitcher of all time, etc. There is no 100%, absolute correct answer to any of these types of questions. If you want to know the one true reason for inflation, and pretty much every other problem we and this world face, it is actually very simple and an extremely easy answer. It is because the Earth is excessively populated and affected/run by humans............PERIOD! Quite honestly, the entire world would be a much better place for virtually every other living creature and organism in it if there were no humans!!!

The main forum page currently has the thread still going about Barry Sloate saying hi to everyone, and it referenced/linked the post he made back in 2019 detailing the reasons for his leaving. It was because of threads, like this one, and the oblique, myopic, political, close-minded thinking and comments of many contributing to them, that finally peaked for him and turned him away. I can fully understand his thinking and sentiments, and applaud him for being true to himself. Also a reason I learned to use the forum's IGNORE feature. Now if only that feature would also work when someone on my IGNORE list gets "quoted" by someone else when they post. Oh well, you all have a Happy New Year.

Last edited by BobC; 12-31-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:11 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Everyone can believe what they want, but as shown in this thread, and like so many others before it have already demonstrated, trying to have a normal, intelligent discussion about topics like inflation, Covid, people's eating habits, and such, is generally impossible. It is similar to other debates like who does or does not belong in the HOF, who is the best left-handed pitcher of all time, etc. There is no 100%, absolute correct answer to any of these types of questions. If you want to know the one true reason for inflation, and pretty much every other problem we and this world face, it is actually very simple and an extremely easy answer. It is because the Earth is excessively populated and affected/run by humans............PERIOD! Quite honestly, the entire world would be a much better place for virtually every other living creature and organism in it if there were no humans!!!

The main forum page currently has the thread still going about Barry Sloate saying hi to everyone, and it referenced/linked the post he made back in 2019 detailing the reasons for his leaving. It was because of threads, like this one, and the oblique, myopic, political, close-minded thinking and comments of many contributing to them, that finally peaked for him and turned him away. I can fully understand his thinking and sentiments, and applaud him for being true to himself. Also a reason I learned to use the forum's IGNORE feature. Now if only that feature would also work when someone on my IGNORE list gets "quoted" by someone else when they post. Oh well, you all have a Happy New Year.
There is no place for this kind of post in this section. Next time please add some name calling, drama, and outrageous claims.

Now if someone would quote me we could force Bob to see my post.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:16 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:

Bob, you are consistently the voice of reason and levelheadedness on this forum. I appreciate you! (And I couldn't agree more with the two bolded parts of your comment.) Happy New Year to you, sir 🍾🥂
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-31-2022, 03:13 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
There is no place for this kind of post in this section. Next time please add some name calling, drama, and outrageous claims.

Now if someone would quote me we could force Bob to see my post.
LOL

Don't worry, I see your posts Ben.

There are some others though that I just quit bothering with. I don't mind debating and discussing things with people, that is part of the fun, but when they consistently refuse to ever answer or respond to any direct request or questions you pose, nor ever give any real factual details or information, it becomes an absolute joke. They have this "I'm right and you're wrong" mentality and defense, that is just beyond reason. I know I get ridiculed for often making long posts, but that is because I'm trying to fully explain my point or position, and add as much logical and/or factual information as possible. When people respond that I'm wasting their time and thus refuse to bother even reading or respond to what I wrote/asked, that tells me pretty much everything I need to know about them and their character, and overall intelligence. And that kind of thing has occurred with not just some of the more obvious characters on this forum, but also with some of the long-time, well-respected posters/figures on Net54 as well. In such cases, it seems those more well-liked and revered members have their clique of friends and followers on the forum, and can seemingly do or say no wrong. I do and say dumb and wrong things all the time, just like everyone else does. And when I'm wrong, I admit to it and apologize and/or thank someone for pointing out or correcting my error. That tends not to always be the case for some others though, that seem to want to perpetuate an aura of knowledge and expertise that raises them above everyone else. And in those instances where I've "run up against" some of these very well-known, long-time members on here, I've also fortunately had the pleasure of and having other members PM or otherwise contact me directly to share similar types of experiences and situations with those same people. So at least it is nice to know you aren't always alone in your thinking, and the treatment you received, when it comes to some others.
Old 12-31-2022, 03:37 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Bob, you are consistently the voice of reason and levelheadedness on this forum. I appreciate you! (And I couldn't agree more with the two bolded parts of your comment.) Happy New Year to you, sir 🍾🥂
LOL

Thanks Matthew, but I'm not really the voice of anything. Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

And as far as actually keeping this thread on track with regard to the original idea it was started about, Covid, the absolute truth and certainty we know about Covid is that we really don't know any truths or certainties about it at all, even now after three years of it covering the planet.

Well, let me correct that last statement. The one absolute truth I will say about Covid is that it sucks, and I wish it had never come to be! Now that is one statement I think (hope) pretty much everyone on Earth would agree with. Still, there'll probably be at least a few people in the world that will still tell you it was somehow a great thing, part of God/Jehovah/Allah's plan, a necessary evil, or whatever, and that humankind deserved it and is somehow better for it. And thankfully, I'm not part of that group. LOL You all have a good night and New Year's Eve. I'm thinking of making a "run for the border" and indulging in some Taco Bell for my New Year's Eve celebration. Basically quit getting any fast food since the pandemic, but what's the sense of life and living if you can't/don't indulge in some things very now and then, right? Heck, we collect baseball cards , who ever said we were sane to begin with?
Old 12-31-2022, 04:05 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
LOLI'm thinking of making a "run for the border" and indulging in some Taco Bell for my New Year's Eve celebration. Basically quit getting any fast food since the pandemic, but what's the sense of life and living if you can't/don't indulge in some things very now and then, right? Heck, we collect baseball cards , who ever said we were sane to begin with?
I agree, Bob! And since every thread needs a card...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tacobell.jpg (41.8 KB, 193 views)
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-31-2022, 04:54 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
I agree, Bob! And since every thread needs a card...
LOL

Fantastic!!!! Is that actually a real card? If not, it should be!!!!

And I did make that run, for some milk, bread, and grabbed a Cravings Box on the way back. Forgot how good Taco Bell can be after almost three years. Also forgot how expensive even fast food can be nowadays, damn.

Last edited by BobC; 01-03-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:03 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
LOL

Fantastic!!!! Is that actually a real card? If not, it should be!!!!

And I did make that run, for some milk, bread, and grabbed a Cravings Box on the way box. Forgot how good Taco Bell can be after almost three years. Also forgot how expensive even fast food can be nowadays, damn.
I'm not sure if it's real - I think it's a Pokemon card, which I have no knowledge about (although I did recently earn how to correctly pronounce "Charizard")....

Enjoy and be careful if you bought it from that dog!
Old 12-31-2022, 05:09 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's real - I think it's a Pokemon card, which I have no knowledge about (although I did recently earn how to correctly pronounce "Charizard")....

Enjoy and be careful if you bought it from that dog!
LOL Will do!
Old 01-03-2023, 12:08 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:

and had net54 netted more users or netted less since that time.....yeah i know will argue what type of users but just an objective question made and its not oblique, myopic or close minded..just a simple question..
Old 01-03-2023, 12:09 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:

and has net54 netted more users or netted less since 2019? ....yeah i know will argue what type of users but just an objective question made and its not oblique, myopic or close minded..just a simple question..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-03-2023 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:53 PM
Bob C.

Default !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
and had net54 netted more users or netted less since that time.....yeah i know will argue what type of users but just an objective question made and its not oblique, myopic or close minded..just a simple question..
Jake,

Interesting how you actually went ahead and already pointed out the obvious question. I don't need to argue with you about a "type" of user because I have no idea what you're even talking about when you refer to "users" to begin with, and whether Net54 has netted more or less of them since "that time". I also have no idea what "that time" refers to.

And it is funny how you pose such a non-sensical statement/question, and then immediately accuse me that I'll argue with you about it, and try to pre-emptively shut me down from doing so by stating you just asked a simple question. Yeah, a simple question that makes absolutely no sense, and I have no context or idea what you're talking or asking about. Please explain to myself, and everybody else, what these "users" you referred to are supposedly using or doing. And also, what "that time" is or was, and its significance and relevance to whatever you're asking about and that I'm supposed to then be measuring from to determine whether we've lost or gained these "users" here on Net54. Otherwise, I have no clue what you're talking and asking about with that last post of yours!

LOL This is exactly the kind of crap that Barry Sloate likely left Net54 over!

And by the way Jake, I did not initiate a conversation in this thread with you, you initiated one with me by commenting on my generalized statement that rising food prices are not always solely due to inflation, and giving some actual, real-life examples I am currently aware of to support my point. In a follow-up response, I tried to be nice and actually agreed with you that inflation is a significant factor, but again reiterated that in truth, it is not the only factor. In subsequent responses you didn't flat-out tell me I was somehow wrong, but quite obviously were pushing your point of view that inflation, most likely caused by excessive government spending, was still the primary reason behind such food price increases. (And I'll neither add nor make any comment in regard to the political nature of that last statement of yours regarding government spending.) What this last post of yours has to do with my generalized comment that there are no 100% correct answers to the questions posed in any of these types of threads, and that was not naming or directed at you, is beyond me.

Also, another part of the problem that many posters (including myself) occasionally suffer from on here is incorrect grammar or spelling that may cause statements to be a bit incomprehensible. And I am guilty also on occasion and miss a spellcheck error or two myself now and again. But, when you post/print out something like "yeah i know will argue what type", I can just picture my 3rd or 4th grade English teacher turning over in her grave. It is one thing for others on this forum to complain that I write too much, and how they don't want to take the time or effort to bother reading what I've printed/posted, but it is quite another when they themselves print/post something here on the forum, but can't even bother to take a few seconds to proofread what they just wrote to make sure others can actually make sense of it!!! And by the way, if you were legitimately asking me a question, why is there no question mark anywhere in your post? (Tribute to you Barry!)

Last edited by BobC; 01-03-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:28 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Jake,

Interesting how you actually went ahead and already pointed out the obvious question. I don't need to argue with you about a "type" of user because I have no idea what you're even talking about when you refer to "users" to begin with, and whether Net54 has netted more or less of them since "that time". I also have no idea what "that time" refers to.

And it is funny how you pose such a non-sensical statement/question, and then immediately accuse me that I'll argue with you about it, and try to pre-emptively shut me down from doing so by stating you just asked a simple question. Yeah, a simple question that makes absolutely no sense, and I have no context or idea what you're talking or asking about. Please explain to myself, and everybody else, what these "users" you referred to are supposedly using or doing. And also, what "that time" is or was, and its significance and relevance to whatever you're asking about and that I'm supposed to then be measuring from to determine whether we've lost or gained these "users" here on Net54. Otherwise, I have no clue what you're talking and asking about with that last post of yours!

LOL This is exactly the kind of crap that Barry Sloate likely left Net54 over!

And by the way Jake, I did not initiate a conversation in this thread with you, you initiated one with me by commenting on my generalized statement that rising food prices are not always solely due to inflation, and giving some actual, real-life examples I am currently aware of to support my point. In a follow-up response, I tried to be nice and actually agreed with you that inflation is a significant factor, but again reiterated that in truth, it is not the only factor. In subsequent responses you didn't flat-out tell me I was somehow wrong, but quite obviously were pushing your point of view that inflation, most likely caused by excessive government spending, was still the primary reason behind such food price increases. (And I'll neither add nor make any comment in regard to the political nature of that last statement of yours regarding government spending.) What this last post of yours has to do with my generalized comment that there are no 100% correct answers to the questions posed in any of these types of threads, and that was not naming or directed at you, is beyond me.

Also, another part of the problem that many posters (including myself) occasionally suffer from on here is incorrect grammar or spelling that may cause statements to be a bit incomprehensible. And I am guilty also on occasion and miss a spellcheck error or two myself now and again. But, when you post/print out something like "yeah i know will argue what type", I can just picture my 3rd or 4th grade English teacher turning over in her grave. It is one thing for others on this forum to complain that I write too much, and how they don't want to take the time or effort to bother reading what I've printed/posted, but it is quite another when they themselves print/post something here on the forum, but can't even bother to take a few seconds to proofread what they just wrote to make sure others can actually make sense of it!!! And by the way, if you were legitimately asking me a question, why is there no question mark anywhere in your post? (Tribute to you Barry!)
funny i did ask a simple question...and instead you comments are basically the type you were complaining about.......pot calling kettle black.

again a simple question and 'that time' isnt hard to explain. You wrote about a user basically leaving based on how users commented on net54, you stated in 2019....not really hard not to understand 'that time' That basically impeaches all else you have to say as basically a narrative to serve you interests. I put '2019' but you did not bother to read the thread as your post was TWO hours later after my post stating 2019.....Instead a lecture based on a false premise....

So my simple question was has net54 netted more users since 2019 or not.?..was as simple yes or no... there was also a question mark there as well.. TWO HOURS BEFORE YOUR COMMENT, lecture based on false premise yet again..(LBFP for short)

Basically if you owned net54 and were trying to sell ad space, can you state there are more people using the site now or back in 2019...(you stated someone left the site because user behavior)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-03-2023 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:08 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
and has net54 netted more users or netted less since 2019? ....yeah i know will argue what type of users but just an objective question made and its not oblique, myopic or close minded..just a simple question..
hmmmm...
Old 01-04-2023, 12:20 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I haven't checked on this thread in a long time, so somebody fill me in: did anyone change anyone else's mind? Or has it just been more shouting into the wind??
Old 01-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I haven't checked on this thread in a long time, so somebody fill me in: did anyone change anyone else's mind? Or has it just been more shouting into the wind??
More like pissing into the wind and nobody changed their opinions.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-04-2023 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:35 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
It’s mostly been people posting that they are too good to post in this thread and engage in this kind of topic, or about unrelated subjects.
Old 01-04-2023, 02:06 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Some people changed my mind about them...
Old 01-04-2023, 03:33 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
funny i did ask a simple question...and instead you comments are basically the type you were complaining about.......pot calling kettle black.

again a simple question and 'that time' isnt hard to explain. You wrote about a user basically leaving based on how users commented on net54, you stated in 2019....not really hard not to understand 'that time' That basically impeaches all else you have to say as basically a narrative to serve you interests. I put '2019' but you did not bother to read the thread as your post was TWO hours later after my post stating 2019.....Instead a lecture based on a false premise....

So my simple question was has net54 netted more users since 2019 or not.?..was as simple yes or no... there was also a question mark there as well.. TWO HOURS BEFORE YOUR COMMENT, lecture based on false premise yet again..(LBFP for short)

Basically if you owned net54 and were trying to sell ad space, can you state there are more people using the site now or back in 2019...(you stated someone left the site because user behavior)
LOL

Unbelievable! You edited your original post, and then turn around and try to blame me for seeing the original one first, and responding to that. And no, this isn't a pot calling a kettle black situation, as much as you wish it was. I don't go spewing false or ridiculous rhetoric, calling people names, and continue trying to make arguments that really make no sense at all, or ask totally irrelevant questions to try to change a narrative. Also, you do realize you did a double post of your comment/statement in question, posts #1111 and #1112, right?. And you also only edited and corrected/changed one of them. So, what you originally said, and what I quoted when replying to you, is still there for all to see. You do realize that if I start to respond to a post you made, and quote/copy what you originally said as I did in post #1113, you are still responsible for what you said, right? Just because I didn't finish my response right away before you had a chance to try and go back and cover your tracks and correct your somewhat nonsensical original post, doesn't absolve you from owning and taking responsibility for what you originally said. And the added fact it was a double post, and you didn't even try correcting or editing the second one to fully cover your tracks, makes it all the more comical. You jump on me for not seeing your edit, but you didn't notice you double posted it yourself? What were you thinking......or better yet, were you thinking?

Well, unlike you, I'll at least give you credit for recognizing your original post was nonsensical and trying to change it, so it was more understandable. Still a bit confusing though as you kept referring to the term "users", and I really don't remember others ever referring to those on the Net54 site as "users". Typically, they are referred to as "members" if I recall. Even so, funny though how you take my one side comment about how often antagonistic, politicized, non-card related threads, like this one, was what pushed a former well-known member to leave this site, and somehow make that the focus and point of your question and response back to me. You obviously did not get the point of my original, generalized post that these type of threads end up being pretty much worthless because there is no 100% perfect, correct answer, that explains everything, but they can be a bit entertaining to watch some of the ridiculous back and forth.

Coming back and raising a supposed legitimate question about whether Net54 has had more or fewer people come to the site since Barry Sloat left in 2019, is absolutely asinine. Exactly what does that have to do with my generalized comment that there are no absolutely correct or incorrect answers to the main questions and arguments that were being posed in this thread? Also, the statement I made that one person left because of threads, like this one, is absolutely true, there is no debate about that. Just go back and read the posted link to Barry's earlier thread. So why ask a silly follow-up question about how many people have or have not come onto the Net54 site since then? What is the point of such a question, and/or what is the answer to such a question supposed to actually prove? Are you trying to somehow rationalize that threads like this one don't turn people away from Net54, and actually attract them instead? Either way, what is the point?

This is exactly the typical kind of BS rationalization that you see in politics and pretty much surrounding all the other crazy issues out there in the world today, and exemplifies the rhetoric that is being spewed back and forth by large portions of the Earth's population anymore. Someone takes one specific, obscure point, not even the main point, of what someone else says, and then tries to twist and use it in some kind of question or comeback to somehow cast disparaging comments and thoughts about the original poster's comments, and thus try to turn other people from and against what was being said and change the narrative to their own preferred view. And I, and I suspect a lot of other people, are kind of sick of that crap.

But to actually respond to your "simple" question about are there more or less "users" on Net54 since Barry Sloate left in 2019, the correct answer is, I don't know, and I have no way to measure and actually answer it. You see, for someone to ever see some of the ridiculous, politicized posts and threads on Net54, they have to first come onto the Net54 forum to be able to read them. So, I assume that doing so makes them a Net54 "user" for your definition? (And I have to ask that as a question because you failed to clarify exactly what the parameters of your question are/were. And I also have to use/reference the word "were" in this response in case you go back and edit your original post/question once again, and then come back and try to belittle me for something YOU originally said/posted, but apparently are not willing to live and own up to!) Well, once someone comes on Net54 and becomes a "user" as I am guessing you meant that term to be used, is there a formal process or other definitive measure that then indicates they are no longer a "user" so we could actually determine if we've gained or lost "users" over a specified period of time? It is funny, but most people that decide to no longer be on Net54, or maybe even just take an extended break from it, don't normally post a formal goodbye on the forum like Barry did. And even so, you do know that if you do a Net54 Community search, you'll see that Barry is still listed as a member of Net54. So, without his formal post telling everyone he was leaving, we really wouldn't know he permanently left, and why he left. And as far as I know, if someone does leave Net54, there is no definitive way to remove their presence and now show they have formally left and quantify that number, unless it is someone that actually gets banned and thus removed from the Net54 system by the forum administrators. So once again, I can't answer your question as I don't have the information, or the tools and ability to acquire such information, at my disposal. I can't tell who has, or hasn't, left the Net54 forum since 2019. And maybe even more importantly, if someone did decide to leave, I certainly can't tell you why, except for Barry.

Which leads me to a question of my own back to you. I don't know if you realized how impossible it is to actually answer your question, in which case the question itself is kind of stupid as it is unanswerable. But you seem to keep insisting and think it is a "simple" question. And usually for "simple" questions there are "simple" answers. So, what is the answer? (And don't forget to provide all your evidence/proof to support it!)

Last edited by BobC; 01-04-2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
LOL

It is the usual crap Ken. My bad was posting a general statement about how these types of posts are ridiculous because there generally is no absolute 100% right or wrong answer for anything, and the ultimate blame for everything falls on us, humans! I made the statement that every other single living creature and organism on this planet would likely be better off if there were never any humans on it. I didn't direct or make it in response to anyone in particular, but as is often expected, got a shot back from one of the usual suspects that can't help but start some crap. And you know me, I don't back down or take $shit from anyone......PERIOD!

I'm about to put the character on my ignore list anyway. The epitome was blaming me for responding to a post which they ended up edited. Seems to them, it is my fault I responded before allowing them to correct and edit their original statement/post. How the hell am I supposed to know they are editing their own post while I'm in the middle of responding? Luckily for me, I quoted them in my response, so I have proof that what I saw and responded to was accurate. Of course, typical no admission of error or mistake, just continue to blame the other person and follow the old "I'm right, and you're wrong" mentality and argument, which is about all they can ever seem to put forth in their defense or proof of their points. And people still have to ask what is wrong with the world today?!?!? Geeeezzzzz!!!

Last edited by BobC; 01-04-2023 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:26 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
How many boosters or total shots have you had now, Ken?
Old 01-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Al Richter

“I hope life does not turn out to be just one big joke, because I don’t get it”….Jack Handey
Old 01-04-2023, 04:30 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
“I hope life does not turn out to be just one big joke, because I don’t get it”….Jack Handey
Lol, my favorite Jack Handey: "If you ever drop your keys in lava, forget them, man. They are just gone."
Old 01-04-2023, 05:50 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Probably depends on how many his doctor recommends and not how many YouTube content creators recommend.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:19 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Probably depends on how many his doctor recommends and not how many YouTube content creators recommend.
Ooh, so edgy Shadow.
Did you actually come up with that one yourself or is that what your doctor told you to say?
Old 01-04-2023, 06:27 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post

Whoa, are you seriously saying a moron on YouTube posting outrageous complete BS to get weak minded people to watch their channel is not the best place to get medical advice? That just sounds crazy to me. I get all my important medical advice off YouTube and forums like normal people.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:30 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:

Whoa, are you seriously saying a moron on YouTube posting outrageous complete BS to get weak minded people to watch their channel is not the best place to get medical advice? That just sounds crazy to me. I get all my important medical advice off YouTube and forums like normal people.
Having realized, with the help of one member here, that I'm "a sheep", I now go exclusively to veterinarians for medical advice.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Quote:
Having realized, with the help of one member here, that I'm "a sheep", I now go exclusively to veterinarians for medical advice.
Aah, that's cute guys. Sticking up for each other like that.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:41 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Aah, that's cute guys. Sticking up for each other like that.
Not sticking up for anyone. Simply being a smart ass. Blue text means sarcasm.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:12 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Not sticking up for anyone. Simply being a smart ass. Blue text means sarcasm.

I am trying this!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-04-2023, 07:18 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I am trying this!
At least you feel strongly about it.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
LOL

Unbelievable! You edited your original post, and then turn around and try to blame me for seeing the original one first, and responding to that. And no, this isn't a pot calling a kettle black situation, as much as you wish it was. I don't go spewing false or ridiculous rhetoric, calling people names, and continue trying to make arguments that really make no sense at all, or ask totally irrelevant questions to try to change a narrative. Also, you do realize you did a double post of your comment/statement in question, posts #1111 and #1112, right?. And you also only edited and corrected/changed one of them. So, what you originally said, and what I quoted when replying to you, is still there for all to see. You do realize that if I start to respond to a post you made, and quote/copy what you originally said as I did in post #1113, you are still responsible for what you said, right? Just because I didn't finish my response right away before you had a chance to try and go back and cover your tracks and correct your somewhat nonsensical original post, doesn't absolve you from owning and taking responsibility for what you originally said. And the added fact it was a double post, and you didn't even try correcting or editing the second one to fully cover your tracks, makes it all the more comical. You jump on me for not seeing your edit, but you didn't notice you double posted it yourself? What were you thinking......or better yet, were you thinking?

Well, unlike you, I'll at least give you credit for recognizing your original post was nonsensical and trying to change it, so it was more understandable. Still a bit confusing though as you kept referring to the term "users", and I really don't remember others ever referring to those on the Net54 site as "users". Typically, they are referred to as "members" if I recall. Even so, funny though how you take my one side comment about how often antagonistic, politicized, non-card related threads, like this one, was what pushed a former well-known member to leave this site, and somehow make that the focus and point of your question and response back to me. You obviously did not get the point of my original, generalized post that these type of threads end up being pretty much worthless because there is no 100% perfect, correct answer, that explains everything, but they can be a bit entertaining to watch some of the ridiculous back and forth.

Coming back and raising a supposed legitimate question about whether Net54 has had more or fewer people come to the site since Barry Sloat left in 2019, is absolutely asinine. Exactly what does that have to do with my generalized comment that there are no absolutely correct or incorrect answers to the main questions and arguments that were being posed in this thread? Also, the statement I made that one person left because of threads, like this one, is absolutely true, there is no debate about that. Just go back and read the posted link to Barry's earlier thread. So why ask a silly follow-up question about how many people have or have not come onto the Net54 site since then? What is the point of such a question, and/or what is the answer to such a question supposed to actually prove? Are you trying to somehow rationalize that threads like this one don't turn people away from Net54, and actually attract them instead? Either way, what is the point?

This is exactly the typical kind of BS rationalization that you see in politics and pretty much surrounding all the other crazy issues out there in the world today, and exemplifies the rhetoric that is being spewed back and forth by large portions of the Earth's population anymore. Someone takes one specific, obscure point, not even the main point, of what someone else says, and then tries to twist and use it in some kind of question or comeback to somehow cast disparaging comments and thoughts about the original poster's comments, and thus try to turn other people from and against what was being said and change the narrative to their own preferred view. And I, and I suspect a lot of other people, are kind of sick of that crap.

But to actually respond to your "simple" question about are there more or less "users" on Net54 since Barry Sloate left in 2019, the correct answer is, I don't know, and I have no way to measure and actually answer it. You see, for someone to ever see some of the ridiculous, politicized posts and threads on Net54, they have to first come onto the Net54 forum to be able to read them. So, I assume that doing so makes them a Net54 "user" for your definition? (And I have to ask that as a question because you failed to clarify exactly what the parameters of your question are/were. And I also have to use/reference the word "were" in this response in case you go back and edit your original post/question once again, and then come back and try to belittle me for something YOU originally said/posted, but apparently are not willing to live and own up to!) Well, once someone comes on Net54 and becomes a "user" as I am guessing you meant that term to be used, is there a formal process or other definitive measure that then indicates they are no longer a "user" so we could actually determine if we've gained or lost "users" over a specified period of time? It is funny, but most people that decide to no longer be on Net54, or maybe even just take an extended break from it, don't normally post a formal goodbye on the forum like Barry did. And even so, you do know that if you do a Net54 Community search, you'll see that Barry is still listed as a member of Net54. So, without his formal post telling everyone he was leaving, we really wouldn't know he permanently left, and why he left. And as far as I know, if someone does leave Net54, there is no definitive way to remove their presence and now show they have formally left and quantify that number, unless it is someone that actually gets banned and thus removed from the Net54 system by the forum administrators. So once again, I can't answer your question as I don't have the information, or the tools and ability to acquire such information, at my disposal. I can't tell who has, or hasn't, left the Net54 forum since 2019. And maybe even more importantly, if someone did decide to leave, I certainly can't tell you why, except for Barry.

Which leads me to a question of my own back to you. I don't know if you realized how impossible it is to actually answer your question, in which case the question itself is kind of stupid as it is unanswerable. But you seem to keep insisting and think it is a "simple" question. And usually for "simple" questions there are "simple" answers. So, what is the answer? (And don't forget to provide all your evidence/proof to support it!)
You put a lot there...but again you made some point that some user left based on the discourse that goes on, my point was to see if more users have joined then left. I think you know that as well but instead enjoyed going through in great detail how you dont understand etc.

As to the edit of my post, yes i did edit it FOUR hours before you made those false claims. Easy to see the time stamps. Yet you go on with the false narrative. I have no issues with you at all and think you are a great poster btw.. a good 'user' however you wish to define it

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-05-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:25 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Gen Z ers prefer Tik Tok to their doctor for medical advice.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:01 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
You put a lot there...but again you made some point that some user left based on the discourse that goes on, my point was to see if more users have joined then left. I think you know that as well but instead enjoyed going through in great detail how you dont understand etc.

As to the edit of my post, yes i did edit it FOUR hours before you made those false claims. Easy to see the time stamps. Yet you go on with the false narrative. I have no issues with you at all and think you are a great poster btw.. a good 'user' however you wish to define it
You can cut the crap. I didn't do anything wrong, was not calling the kettle black, answered your question as best I can, and merely made my opinion known without initially saying anything at all about or directed at you. And as usual, your type doesn't even try to answer or properly respond to my questions, just pushes your same "I'm right, and you're wrong!" rhetoric, go on about some point that has nothing to really do with what I was talking about to begin with, and on top of all that, I don't know who gives a $hit about the time stamps on posts. When I first saw your nonsensical post, and went to respond, you hadn't edited it yet. That is on you, just because I broke off and had to finish something else before coming back to finish my response and finally hitting the "Submit" button in responding to you, that doesn't change the very fact of what you said, and refuse to own up to and take responsibility for. I hadn't even realized you had double posted that statement/question of yours, until I read your later response claiming how I had originally answered two hours after you posted, and then had to go back and look to see you had double posted it and only edited the one post. Funny how you're now saying I responded four hours later. What is the next post going to be, that I responded six hours later? What an effing joke!!!

The fact you don't/didn't even seem to realize that I had already quoted your original post in my response, and that you had double posted what you said anyway, but only edited one of the posts, is absolutely hilarious. Quit trying to blame or otherwise push off on me somehow for the nonsensical stuff you originally posted. Everyone can see what you actually, originally said/posted, and just so you know, I did not go back and only respond to the one unedited post after already seeing the other post of yours that you had edited. I honestly didn't know you had edited your post when I originally submitted my response. You apparently just don't like the fact I caught and quoted what you originally said, too bad!

And I did answer your question to the best of my ability. But you apparently seem to think I'm somehow dodging you and your question, and that the answer is obvious. First of all, I still don't get what your silly question has to do with anything. I point out how one single, well-known person who was a long-time member on the forum left because of politicized and idiotic threads, like this one, and you somehow see some relevance in throwing a question at me as to whether or not more people have joined or left the forum since Barry left in 2019. WTF does that have to do with anything that was being talked about? You still haven't answered that question, or what idiotic point you're pushing or trying to prove by even asking it. All I did was state a simple fact that is well-known and documented by Barry's own comments in his farewell thread.

So, I'm going to try one final time, to directly ask you to quit deflecting and making your lame attempts to change the narrative so people don't focus on the fact that you posted some nonsensical stuff/question, and then edited it after the fact and tried to put me down for responding to what you originally said. I've already asked, and am still waiting for your answer, to what difference does it actually make to anything that was being talked about if more or less people have joined/been on/used the Net54 site since Barry left it in 2019? And remember, I never said people weren't coming to and still joining/using this site because of threads like this, I just said one person left because of threads like this. So, what exactly does one person deciding to leave this forum/site have to do with whether more or fewer people have become "users" of the site since that one person left, and thus, what exactly is the point of that ridiculous question of yours, if not just to deflect people from how you posed/asked it to begin with? And then, since you seem to be telling me and everyone else what you think I know ("I think you know that as well but instead enjoyed going through in great detail how you dont understand etc."), please, tell us all what it is that I supposedly know! And if that is supposedly whether Net54 has had more "users", as you call them, join or leave the forum since 2019 and Barry leaving, please tell us what the actual answer is, since you seem to be implying that you know it. Please, share the correct answer with all of us, and then..........PROVE IT! And don't go contacting Leon or any other site administrator to beg them for info or data to try and prove one way or the other if the forum has had more net "users" come or go. As I had, as you put it, enjoyed going through in great detail how I didn't understand, etc., part of my "great detail" was in explaining how I couldn't definitively answer your non-sensical question, especially without possibly any additional access to site information which I obviously don't have. You seem to think you're brilliant and know so much more than me, then PROVE IT!!!!!

And please don't come back with the lame-ass, I'm too good for you and am not going waste my time responding to your dumb questions, response, and fail to actually (and fully) answer all my questions. That is the typical troll/naysayer response I've gotten from others on this forum before. Just answer my questions, I already went ahead and answered yours!!!!

Last edited by BobC; 01-05-2023 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:23 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Is Tik Tok a clock with WiFi? I live in South Dakota and have heard some doctors will drive through the entire state to get medical help someplace else.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:52 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Welp, FWIW

"Most users ever online was 8305, 01-17-2016 at 10:06 PM"

Doubt it true, but that is what the site says.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-05-2023, 06:14 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Smile

Quote:
You can cut the crap. I didn't do anything wrong, was not calling the kettle black, answered your question as best I can, and merely made my opinion known without initially saying anything at all about or directed at you. And as usual, your type doesn't even try to answer or properly respond to my questions, just pushes your same "I'm right, and you're wrong!" rhetoric, go on about some point that has nothing to really do with what I was talking about to begin with, and on top of all that, I don't know who gives a $hit about the time stamps on posts. When I first saw your nonsensical post, and went to respond, you hadn't edited it yet. That is on you, just because I broke off and had to finish something else before coming back to finish my response and finally hitting the "Submit" button in responding to you, that doesn't change the very fact of what you said, and refuse to own up to and take responsibility for. I hadn't even realized you had double posted that statement/question of yours, until I read your later response claiming how I had originally answered two hours after you posted, and then had to go back and look to see you had double posted it and only edited the one post. Funny how you're now saying I responded four hours later. What is the next post going to be, that I responded six hours later? What an effing joke!!!

The fact you don't/didn't even seem to realize that I had already quoted your original post in my response, and that you had double posted what you said anyway, but only edited one of the posts, is absolutely hilarious. Quit trying to blame or otherwise push off on me somehow for the nonsensical stuff you originally posted. Everyone can see what you actually, originally said/posted, and just so you know, I did not go back and only respond to the one unedited post after already seeing the other post of yours that you had edited. I honestly didn't know you had edited your post when I originally submitted my response. You apparently just don't like the fact I caught and quoted what you originally said, too bad!

And I did answer your question to the best of my ability. But you apparently seem to think I'm somehow dodging you and your question, and that the answer is obvious. First of all, I still don't get what your silly question has to do with anything. I point out how one single, well-known person who was a long-time member on the forum left because of politicized and idiotic threads, like this one, and you somehow see some relevance in throwing a question at me as to whether or not more people have joined or left the forum since Barry left in 2019. WTF does that have to do with anything that was being talked about? You still haven't answered that question, or what idiotic point you're pushing or trying to prove by even asking it. All I did was state a simple fact that is well-known and documented by Barry's own comments in his farewell thread.

So, I'm going to try one final time, to directly ask you to quit deflecting and making your lame attempts to change the narrative so people don't focus on the fact that you posted some nonsensical stuff/question, and then edited it after the fact and tried to put me down for responding to what you originally said. I've already asked, and am still waiting for your answer, to what difference does it actually make to anything that was being talked about if more or less people have joined/been on/used the Net54 site since Barry left it in 2019? And remember, I never said people weren't coming to and still joining/using this site because of threads like this, I just said one person left because of threads like this. So, what exactly does one person deciding to leave this forum/site have to do with whether more or fewer people have become "users" of the site since that one person left, and thus, what exactly is the point of that ridiculous question of yours, if not just to deflect people from how you posed/asked it to begin with? And then, since you seem to be telling me and everyone else what you think I know ("I think you know that as well but instead enjoyed going through in great detail how you dont understand etc."), please, tell us all what it is that I supposedly know! And if that is supposedly whether Net54 has had more "users", as you call them, join or leave the forum since 2019 and Barry leaving, please tell us what the actual answer is, since you seem to be implying that you know it. Please, share the correct answer with all of us, and then..........PROVE IT! And don't go contacting Leon or any other site administrator to beg them for info or data to try and prove one way or the other if the forum has had more net "users" come or go. As I had, as you put it, enjoyed going through in great detail how I didn't understand, etc., part of my "great detail" was in explaining how I couldn't definitively answer your non-sensical question, especially without possibly any additional access to site information which I obviously don't have. You seem to think you're brilliant and know so much more than me, then PROVE IT!!!!!

And please don't come back with the lame-ass, I'm too good for you and am not going waste my time responding to your dumb questions, response, and fail to actually (and fully) answer all my questions. That is the typical troll/naysayer response I've gotten from others on this forum before. Just answer my questions, I already went ahead and answered yours!!!!

man, zero chance going to read all of this, in my experience when someone writes so much, it usually means theres not a lot there. Keep it to 100 or so words or so and ill read it,

All i know is you didnt look at a post that was made FOUR hours before your post on the same thread....it doesnt matter how many words you use, it is what it is.. I had a very simple question which was really a 'yes or no' ..and did not need a war and peace answer..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-05-2023 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 06:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I thought a google search was equal to a medical degree no?
Old 01-06-2023, 09:01 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Well, Irv, may I make an assumption? If I answer one way, I'll be an awesome free-thinker, and if I answer the other, I'm a mindless sheep.

Free-Thinker: person who listens to one side
Sheep: person who listens to the other.

How did I do?
Old 01-06-2023, 10:47 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Well, Irv, may I make an assumption? If I answer one way, I'll be an awesome free-thinker, and if I answer the other, I'm a mindless sheep.

Free-Thinker: person who listens to one side
Sheep: person who listens to the other.

How did I do?
Neither is bad. I am a free thinking sheep. I got the vaccine and only one booster because that is what I felt was best for me.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:33 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Neither is bad. I am a free thinking sheep. I got the vaccine and only one booster because that is what I felt was best for me.
Ben, pretty sure you're doing life wrong. You need to pick a side and defend it no matter what. The ultimate goal is to "own" the other side. Remember, they are destroying America!! (And, to be inclusive, Canada too!)

Sh*t, I said "inclusive." Does that make me woke??
Old 01-07-2023, 09:51 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Quote:
Ben, pretty sure you're doing life wrong. You need to pick a side and defend it no matter what. The ultimate goal is to "own" the other side. Remember, they are destroying America!! (And, to be inclusive, Canada too!)

Sh*t, I said "inclusive." Does that make me woke??
They went around for MONTHS claiming the vaccine would stop infection and stop the spread when they knew the ENTIRE time it was untrue. In fact there were zero studies going on even in the initial trials about infection prevention at all. The Pfizer lady laughed under oath when asked about the trials and studies.
Then we have Dr. Birx coming out not that long ago basically saying they thought the lies were worth it to get people to get vaccinated. Well what else are they willing to lie about to protect their asses and push their vaccine? If you think they wouldn't on adverse effects you are a good little sheep.

The public has the right to know exactly who benefited financially from these vaccines....especially those working for govt.

Everyone that got the useless shots gets the same covid with the same symptoms and spreads the shit the exact same way as people who didn’t get the shots.

WHAT A WILDLY SUCCESSFUL “VACCINE”

And some people still believe the flu disappeared the last 2 yrs but made a miraculous comeback this year.

It has to be Stockholm Syndrome at this point? Either that or insanity?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rones1.jpg (40.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 01-07-2023, 12:17 PM
Matt

Quote:
It has to be Stockholm Syndrome at this point? Either that or insanity?
I know a guy at work who is a combination of mad and embarrassed he fell for the vaccine narratve propaganda. Early on, he had daily headaches and heart pain diagnosed by his confused doctor as myocarditis. He's feeling better these days, stopping after the first 2 shots. I'm sure others folks now feel the same way.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
I know a guy at work who is a combination of mad and embarrassed he fell for the vaccine narratve propaganda. Early on, he had daily headaches and heart pain diagnosed by his confused doctor as myocarditis. He's feeling better these days, stopping after the first 2 shots. I'm sure others folks now feel the same way.
Or he could be the one in a million who's body can't handle one ingredient. For example millions take metformin for type II diabetes with zero problems. That stuff made my heart feel like it was going to come out of my chest at a crazy low 45bpm.

But nothing wrong with believing some crazy propaganda.
Old 01-07-2023, 04:16 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Or he could be the one in a million who's body can't handle one ingredient. For example millions take metformin for type II diabetes with zero problems. That stuff made my heart feel like it was going to come out of my chest at a crazy low 45bpm.

But nothing wrong with believing some crazy propaganda.
It’s incredible the propaganda that has been sold to people to get them to deny science. Instead of listening to their doctor they listen to YouTube. Amazing to behold. And they somehow claim we are sheep. The pot has never met a kettle so black.
Old 01-07-2023, 04:53 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
man, zero chance going to read all of this, in my experience when someone writes so much, it usually means theres not a lot there. Keep it to 100 or so words or so and ill read it,

All i know is you didnt look at a post that was made FOUR hours before your post on the same thread....it doesnt matter how many words you use, it is what it is.. I had a very simple question which was really a 'yes or no' ..and did not need a war and peace answer..
Thank you for proving my points, and prediction, that you wouldn't properly respond and answer my questions. I did answer your question, which was not a yes or no answer. And yet, you haven't answered the question as a yes or no either. If your question is so easy, then why don't you answer if it is yes or no for all of us, AND THEN PROVE YOUR ANSWER ACTUALLY IS RIGHT? You won't though because you can't actually answer the question and prove you're right, can you? Deny, deny, deny, you're right and I'm wrong, blah, blah, blah! I've come across and heard this same nonsensical and infantile commentary/defense way too many times on this forum. Saddening to say the least.

If you could have actually answered my questions without showing you were entirely wrong, and/or actually definitively disprove anything I said, you would have done so in a heartbeat. It is literally unbelievable how I see the exact same pattern and attitude exhibited by many on this forum, over and over again. It is truly disheartening that there can be that many people in even such a small sample, comprised of just the members on this forum, exhibiting qualities, reasoning, and the seeming inability to effectively be able to communicate in a civil and intelligent, adult manner. And don't worry about responding back, you've already demonstrated your inability to do so.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Now, boys, play nice.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-07-2023, 11:42 PM

Quote:

Everyone that got the useless shots gets the same covid with the same symptoms...
Irv, that part of your post is absolutely wrong.

The shots were NOT useless. In the span of 20 seconds, a Google search revealed several links for peer-reviewed articles and non-peer-reviewed articles published by authors several institutions around the world disproving that part of your post. I literally found 3 articles with a ton of data published in 2022 alone within those 20 seconds of browsing. One such article (though published online by the CDC) is co-authored by MD's and PhD's from some of the leading hospitals and medical schools from around the country that shared their data and expertise for the article:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7112e1.htm

The author's conclusion is that receiving 2 or 3 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine was associated with a 90% reduction in risk for being placed on a ventilator or death. That is, the symptoms are usually nowhere near as bad for vaccinated people that get the disease compared to the unvaccinated. In the bibiography of this article are tons of references that indicate the vaccine helped prevent COVID hospitalizations. I also found an article with similar overall conclusions about effectiveness that came from India, although admittedly I do not know the authors or institutions listed in this particular study.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:12 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
Irv, that part of your post is absolutely wrong.

The shots were NOT useless. In the span of 20 seconds, a Google search revealed several links for peer-reviewed articles and non-peer-reviewed articles published by authors several institutions around the world disproving that part of your post. I literally found 3 articles with a ton of data published in 2022 alone within those 20 seconds of browsing. One such article (though published online by the CDC) is co-authored by MD's and PhD's from some of the leading hospitals and medical schools from around the country that shared their data and expertise for the article:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7112e1.htm

The author's conclusion is that receiving 2 or 3 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine was associated with a 90% reduction in risk for being placed on a ventilator or death. That is, the symptoms are usually nowhere near as bad for vaccinated people that get the disease compared to the unvaccinated. In the bibiography of this article are tons of references that indicate the vaccine helped prevent COVID hospitalizations. I also found an article with similar overall conclusions about effectiveness that came from India, although admittedly I do not know the authors or institutions listed in this particular study.
Well, if you're still trusting that the CDC isn't complicit in all this, I can understand you thinking what they spew, despite them admitting they lied and gave out false information, as being true.
Do you believe the likes of CNN, MSNBC and The New York Times, to name a few, as being honest, unbiased and truthful?
These media sources are a shell of what they use to be because people have finally started waking up and seeing the real them, seeing what they really are. You have been fed fear mongering fake censored news since the very beginning. If you can't see and know that by now, you never will, sadly.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...fs-low-ratings
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...to-start-2022/
https://nypost.com/2022/09/07/cnn-ra...vamps-network/
https://www.quora.com/Why-have-CNN-M...e-past-3-years
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...ow/ar-AA13KEE1

CDC
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...864_story.html
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...akes-1.6030960
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ponse-00052384
CDC ADMITS Lies And Failures On Pandemic
https://youtu.be/f3NP5uOJ0tI?t=158