NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-21-2013, 11:10 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default Website With Card Gallery Searchable By Player?

Please forgive my non-card-guy ignorance, but is there a website that has a comprehensive catalog of card images that is searchable by player and displays results in a gallery format? Think searchable Standard Catalog with images, and that's what I'm looking for.

For instance, I go to the site and put in "Johnny Rizzo", and the search returns every (or almost every) card with Rizzo on it, displaying actual card images or thumbnails in a column or grid arrangement (not just a text-based list where you have to click through to the card image).

I don't care if it's a research-based site, dealer site, wiki-type site, etc, and doesn't need to have big images. If it's a dealer site, I'd want it to still show matches for cards not in stock, and also cover everything from obscure players to all-stars (so not a site just covering Hall of Famers, or a single player or team fan site).

What I don't want is something like eBay where I type in a player's name and "card" and get 2500 results for what is actually only 30 different cards (multiple instances of each), and even then not be sure how many oddball issues don't happen to be currently listed. VCP gets closer to what I'm looking for, but the scrolling gallery is annoying (for my purposes), and only covers about half of the cards they list.

Is there such a website out there, or is this just wishful thinking on my part
Old 09-21-2013, 11:28 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Vintagecardprices.com has something like that. Not every card has a photo though.

Tom C
Old 09-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

There is a baseball card library that you need to request access for 30 days. Free access though. I don't remember the website right now.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:18 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Tom, vintagecardprices (VCP) was one of the first places I looked. They're close, but as you noted, the image libary is far from being complete, and that side-scrolling gallery thing they have is not easy to visually scan for matches to whatever card or photo I am dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
There is a baseball card library that you need to request access for 30 days. Free access though. I don't remember the website right now.
Now you're just teasing me! Seriously though, if you remember it later, please let me know.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Ben North

Try www.comc.com it has a ton of cards with pictures, some even have really good prices.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Try this site
http://www.guitar9.com/bccm.html
Old 09-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Bobby Binder

We have almost 60,000 stock images if you can't find it there then look at the
cards sold because we have another 4,664,385 images. I don't know of any other site that even comes close to the amount we have available.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Brent, Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

Bobby, I didn't mean it to sound like I was putting down VCP. You guys do a very good job of what you do, and definitely have a wealth of information available, including photos, and that may be what I have to settle for though the arrangement of the information isn't exactly what I had in mind (not a complaint, mind you, just a personal preference).

My primary motivation in all of this is to have a quick way of comparing a photo of any given player against all or at least most of the known card and premium issues for that player to see where the photo may have been used. A secondary purpose would be to quickly match up a player's card or premium for which I don't know the issuer with the correct information by visually scanning the gallery. In both cases, I find it is much easier/quicker to visually scan across a grid of card images or down a column of images rather than having a list of cards that I have to click through to an image of each.

I'm perfectly open to the answer to the question being, "What you are looking for doesn't exist" or "while not exactly what you're looking for, this is as close as you're going to get." I just want to make sure there isn't something already out there that I'm overlooking. Since I only occasionally dabble in cards, I thought it likely that there are resources out there that I am not aware of that would do the trick, but maybe not.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 09-23-2013 at 08:44 AM.