NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-05-2022, 07:21 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post

I was out of town for a few days and when I got home late last night, I also found out that former Oriole infielder Tom Matchick unfortunately had passed away as well.

The Orioles were the last (of six) MLB club he played with in 1972 (only nine AB's); however Tom did play in the 1968 World Series with Detroit...
Thanks Bill. I hadn't seen that one. Here's another photo of Tim Matchick. It looks like it's from spring training.

Matchick, Tom 1.jpg
Old 01-06-2022, 06:40 AM
Bill H@e1ig

There is another thread posted on this board about fungo bats (which I replied to this AM) however since some of you may not see it, I thought I'd re-post it on this Orioles themed thread...

Fungo bats from iconic Orioles coaches, Billy Hunter & Cal Ripken Sr.:

Old 01-06-2022, 08:01 PM
John
John Pur.cell

Quote:
There is another thread posted on this board about fungo bats (which I replied to this AM) however since some of you may not see it, I thought I'd re-post it on this Orioles themed thread...

Fungo bats from iconic Orioles coaches, Billy Hunter & Cal Ripken Sr.:

These are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2022, 05:48 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp3rd View Post
These are great!
Thank you John

One of my favorite photos of Sr. I own is this one of him hitting fungos to his son prior to the 1989 season:

Old 01-09-2022, 02:48 PM

Default Recent adds to Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set

Wanted to share after months of waiting for some of these. PSA recently agreed to add the following 5 items to the Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set. I was a little surprised they added the 1968 Bazooka Tipps from Topps. The 1962 Stamp Panel was a toss up. In the Master Set there is the 1962 Brooks / Snider, Brooks / Baldschun, Single and 4 player panel. The other 3 (1962 Post Cereal Panel and Coca Cola Caps were clear adds). All but the 1962 Topps 6 player panel are highest graded. With these 5 additions, the Brooks Master is up to 298 different items. My set took a .07 dip in the quality score to a 7.00 but it is 100% complete. My set is rated # 2 for quality (# 1 set is a 7.85 quality but he is missing 24 items…his quality is amazing). Within my set 137 of the 298 items are either highest graded or tied for highest grade. The games adult men play! My set with pictures of all 298 items is posted on PSA (look for player master sets and name is Charlie’s Brooksie Master Set). Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks Jan 22.jpg (79.3 KB, 276 views)
Old 01-20-2022, 11:56 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I recently picked up this B&W signed photo of Brooks that originated from the Ted Patterson collection...

Love the '76 look with the orange panel hat:

Old 01-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
I recently picked up this B&W signed photo of Brooks that originated from the Ted Patterson collection...

Bill,

Nice photo. I love the orange panel hats. They don't show up that often in photos.

Most of the 1976 Orioles team issued 8x10 photos featured the white panel hats, but did find a few with the orange panel. No Brooks, but a couple of HOFers.

Palmer, Jim 9 - Copy.JPG Jackson, Reggie 1 - Copy.jpg Harper, Tommy 1 - Copy.jpg Pagan, Dave 1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-20-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:57 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Bill,

I love the orange panel hats. They don't show up that often in photos.
Old guy brain cramp. I forgot that about half of the Orioles 1976 team issued postcards included the orange panel hats, including Brooks.

1976 Postcards 09 - Copy.jpg
Old 01-22-2022, 10:58 AM

Hi, everyone. Picked this up recently. Gone back and forth with some folks and can't settle on the year. I am thinking 1966. Someone else said maybe 1970. The Dodgers did not clinch too soon so maybe they could not print and distribute in time to include them or the Giants. Here is what i know:

Carling Black Label Beer / Baltimore Orioles NBC-TV Barroom Score Card paper signs measuring 9" x 29" length, includes 6 original pages (each page is on thick paper stock; the last page is on thick cardboard). The front page has some minor surface wear otherwise still in very good original condition! Not sure what year.

Please share your thoughts or provide the answer to what year this is.

Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Lable Baltimore WS advertisement.jpg (83.9 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-22-2022, 03:07 PM
Rich

Charlie,

Is there anything on the reverse sides?

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Hi, everyone. Picked this up recently. Gone back and forth with some folks and can't settle on the year. I am thinking 1966. Someone else said maybe 1970. The Dodgers did not clinch too soon so maybe they could not print and distribute in time to include them or the Giants. Here is what i know:

Carling Black Label Beer / Baltimore Orioles NBC-TV Barroom Score Card paper signs measuring 9" x 29" length, includes 6 original pages (each page is on thick paper stock; the last page is on thick cardboard). The front page has some minor surface wear otherwise still in very good original condition! Not sure what year.

Charlie
Old 01-22-2022, 03:51 PM

Default Orioles scoreboard WS Black Lable

Nothing on reverse but self adhesive tape.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:41 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:

Nice! The auto looks great as well. I too am a fan of the orange panel caps.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:44 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:

Charlie
I guessed at the year, but I’m not sure. I do know it looks very cool and will look great framed and on the wall.
Old 01-23-2022, 01:14 PM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles lose another former player

I just got a note from Bill Haelig, that former Orioles catcher Vic Roznovsky passed away on January 18th. He was 83. It seems like we lose an Oriole every week these days.

Roznovsky was a back up catcher for the Orioles in 1966 & 1967, getting into about 40 games each year. I'm assuming he received a 1966 World Series ring.

Here's a few postcards and photos from his time with the O's.

1966 Postcards 10 - Copy.JPG 196769 Postcards 33 - Copy.jpg James Elder 08 - Copy.JPG

Roznovsky, Vic.JPG
Old 01-23-2022, 01:28 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:

Charlie
Charlie,

Really cool item. I've never seen it before, but I'm leaning toward 1966 instead of the 70's. One strange thing I noticed was that the Orioles are listed as the visitors. Usually advertisement items like that would have the Orioles as the home team, especially since Carling had a plant in Baltimore. However, the first game of the 1966 series was in Los Angeles. O's were the visitors in game 1 of the 1970 series, also.

I'll vote with Mark. It would look nice framed and if you can verify the year, add a ticket stub or other World Series item to the display.

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-23-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:33 PM

Default Carling Black Label WS signs NBC TV - response to Alan

Hi, Alan. great input. The picture shows Baltimore in the top of the inning. The 2nd page shows Baltimore at the top again. The 3d, 4th and 5th pages show Baltimore at the bottom of the inning. the 6th and 7th page shows the Orioles at the top. NBC covered the game.

So, page 1 shows Orioles batting first so they are visiting. To your comment, game one was at Dodger Stadium on October 5, 1966. Game 2 was again at Dodger Stadium on October 6, 1966. Game 3 went to Baltimore on October 8, 1966. Game 4, Baltimore again on October 9, 1966...gosh that sounds exciting; hope i can experience that again.

Can't be 1969, as Game 1 was at Baltimore so we would be at the bottom of the inning.

Could be 1970, as Game 1 was at Cincinnati and NBC covered the game.

Can't be 1971, as Game 1 was in Baltimore. NBC covered.

Carling Brewery opened in 1961 and closed in 1975. Pinterest has some baseball and football signs with Cleveland and Pittsburg but nothing with the Orioles directly. On Pinterest when look up Carling it shows memorial stadium but nothing as far as this sign and WS sponsorship.

I have a question into the seller. Tom Spiker says he thinks it is 1966...he is a great resource.

Thanks, Alan and Mark.

Charlie
Old 01-29-2022, 08:55 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I picked up this 1969 Shrine of Immortals Night program with Brooks on the cover at the September Philly Show & when I got home I discovered I already owned a copy.

No writing inside and a light vertical fold....If you'd like more pictures lmk

$SOLD; DM me with interest

Last edited by roarfrom34; 01-30-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:30 PM
Mike Magee

Default Success Talk Success with Cal Ripken

Good evening,

One of the more unusual items I've picked up recently is a copy of Peter Lowe's 'Success Talk' series that featured Cal Ripken.

The original box and cassette case were included.

Success Talk Front.jpg

Success Talk Inside.jpg

Success Talk Back.jpg

Success Talk Cassette.jpg
Old 02-03-2022, 08:17 AM
Bill H@e1ig

February 3rd is National Catcher's Day (who knew? lol)

Here is a fun AP Laserphoto of Cal Ripken Jr. playing around with his dad's catcher's mitt prior to the 1983 World Series with Philadelphia:

Old 02-04-2022, 09:35 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
February 3rd is National Catcher's Day (who knew? lol)

Here is a fun AP Laserphoto of Cal Ripken Jr. playing around with his dad's catcher's mitt prior to the 1983 World Series with Philadelphia:

Cool pic; haven’t seen that one before.

I have a few of the AP Laserphoto and mine are turning brown, but yours looks pretty good.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default Brooks Robinson and the Baltimore Orioles

THIS IS SOLD NOW

I have this if anyone is interested. Never seen another.

Last edited by 4reals; 02-04-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:15 PM
Chris Counts

After somehow avoiding bobbleheads for half a century, I finally broke down and added one to my completely unfocused collection ...

https://bigsurink.wixsite.com/my-site-1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bird.jpg (67.3 KB, 229 views)
Old 02-04-2022, 02:26 PM
Rich

Default Aces

PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
I have this if anyone is interested. Never seen another.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:46 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
After somehow avoiding bobbleheads for half a century, I finally broke down and added one to my completely unfocused collection ...

https://bigsurink.wixsite.com/my-site-1
Looks like you picked up a nice one…
Old 02-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Alan Strout

I've finally crossed something of my want list, sort of.

My collection for me has always been about collecting what I enjoy versus worrying about future value. That's probably why I get most of my 8x10 photos personalized.

I've mentioned in several posts that one of my collecting goals is to have photos, preferably head shots, of everyone to ever play for the Orioles, pictured in an Orioles uniform. Up until now, one guy has always eluded me.

John Buzhardt had a nice major league career with the White Sox and several other teams. In 1967, Buzhardt played briefly for the Orioles and to my knowledge no photos of him in an Orioles uniform have ever popped up. The Orioles don't even have any photos of him. While I prefer original items in my collection and not copies/reprints, sometimes you have to make an exception, if an item doesn't exist. See post #175 about my customized Hartland statue of Luis Aparicio.

Having all but given up hope of finding John Buzhardt as an Oriole, I enlisted my son's girlfriend. She is very good with Photoshop and turned a head shot photo of John Buzhardt with the White Sox into a 1967 photo with the Orioles. She took parts of about four different 1967 Orioles team issued player photos and this is the result.

While not actually original, I'm very happy to have finally added John Buzhardt to my collection. Total value to me - priceless....

1967 John Buzhardt photo

Buzhardt, John 1 - Copy.jpg
Old 02-05-2022, 11:03 AM
Clint

Alan that looks really good and if you hadn’t told me I wouldn’t have known. Congrats on your new photo!
Old 02-05-2022, 12:59 PM
M@rk Comer

Alan,

Very cool; now let’s do that for the ones your still missing.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:21 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Wow Alan, that photoshop was really well done! When I first saw it I thought you had landed an original!

Back in 1988, I knew Cal Ripken Jr. was approaching his 1,000th consecutive game (which was to be played at Fenway Park). I called the Red Sox box office about a week prior, bought a couple tickets which were mailed to me.

All was fine however over the years, the printing on the ticket itself began to fade to the point where you couldn't read the date, opponent, etc.

In the interim, I also found out that June 25th was the day that the infamous Bill Ripken baseball card photo was taken. A collector friend of mine who collects all versions of that card, scored a couple of season tickets to that game (which used stronger printing) recently and he generously sent me one.

For years I've owned the lineup card to that game, so the ticket stub now makes a great companion piece:

Old 02-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Wow Alan, that photoshop was really well done! When I first saw it I thought you had landed an original!

Back in 1988, I knew Cal Ripken Jr. was approaching his 1,000th consecutive game (which was to be played at Fenway Park). I called the Red Sox box office about a week prior, bought a couple tickets which were mailed to me.

All was fine however over the years, the printing on the ticket itself began to fade to the point where you couldn't read the date, opponent, etc.

In the interim, I also found out that June 25th was the day that the infamous Bill Ripken baseball card photo was taken. A collector friend of mine who collects all versions of that card, scored a couple of season tickets to that game (which used stronger printing) recently and he generously sent me one.

For years I've owned the lineup card to that game, so the ticket stub now makes a great companion piece:
Thanks. I think she did a great job.

Interesting you should mention that game. I was actually at the game in Boston and yes both of my tickets have faded like yours. I tried to laminate them, but that didn't help.

Cool story. I didn't know the connection to the Billy Ripken card. I wonder if I witnessed the photo being taken and never knew it. LOL
Old 02-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Alan,

Very cool; now let’s do that for the ones your still missing.
Thanks. My list is very short now. Wally Westlake is the only player left that I don't have any photo of as an Oriole. I have copies of Babe Birrer, Grady Hatton, Roger Marquis and Buddy Peterson.

I know the Orioles did a team issued postcard of Westlake, so that means an 8x10 should also be out there somewhere. Originals of the other four reside in other collections, so there's still hope there. Buzhardt is the only guy I think might be impossible to find as an original.

The search continues.....
Old 02-06-2022, 06:57 AM
Mike Magee

Default John Buzhardt

Congrats Alan, what a great gift!
Old 02-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Have this 79 BW 8x10 of Dave Ford as well as (3) 1984 Japanese Baseball League Handbooks that picture Ripken Murray and others and mentions their upcoming trip to Japan to celebrate their WS victory. The books have varying degrees of moisture exposure. Selling all together and buyer can pick which book they like best for their pc and pass/sell the others along. Message me if interested.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:24 AM
Bill H@e1ig

double post

Last edited by roarfrom34; 02-15-2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:34 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I reached somewhat of a milestone last October when I acquired this 1978 Bluefield Orioles signed ball (signed by Cal Jr. & 16 others). Was purchased from a woman who attended games in Bluefield, WV as a child with her grandparents (and still lives there)...In 63 games, Cal hit .264 with no homers & 33 errors...Obviously better things were to come!

The milestone I reached is that I now have a team signed ball from every season in CRJ's career.....My 1979 ball is from Charlotte (after he was called up), so I'd still love to have one from Miami....

Here is the ball and a team signed program (which I've owned for years):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 02-15-2022 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:08 AM
Rich

Default Bluefield

I love that Bluefield signed program!

Rich
Old 02-15-2022, 12:10 PM

A really nice PSA 2 pick-up from Ian here on N54 B/S/T.
Looking forward to receiving this. Can't help but share the image.
RayB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58T307Robinson2.jpg (79.0 KB, 170 views)
Old 02-15-2022, 03:44 PM

Default CRJ signed items

Very cool, Bill. Love finding things to collect of a player and the Orioles.

Finished my Run of Programs for Orioles.

Trying to collect all star pennants, tickets and programs for Brooks where he appears.

Missing on Orioles team picture pennants for Brooks playing days.

The list goes on.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:09 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
I reached somewhat of a milestone last October when I acquired this 1978 Bluefield Orioles signed ball (signed by Cal Jr. & 16 others). Was purchased from a woman who attended games in Bluefield, WV as a child with her grandparents (and still lives there)...In 63 games, Cal hit .264 with no homers & 33 errors...Obviously better things were to come!

Here is the ball and a team signed program (which I've owned for years):
Bill,

Obviously I love the Bluefield program. It reminded me of a question I've had for years. For some reason, Bluefield issued two very different programs in 1978 (a colored version and a B&W version). Anyone know the story behind the two versions? I doubt that Bluefield was visionary enough to anticipate a young Cal Ripken Jr going on to a HOF career.

Bluefield was known to use left over programs from one year the following season. Here's an example of a 1974 program being reused in 1975 with a sticker over the year.

1974 Bluefield Orioles - Copy.jpg 1975 Bluefield Orioles #2 - Copy.jpg

However, 1978 is the only year that I'm aware of that Bluefield issued two different programs. FYI - In my years of collecting O's minor league programs, I've found the color version to be tougher to find than the B&W.

Any info would be appreciated....

1978 Bluefield Orioles #1 - Copy.jpg 1978 Bluefield Orioles #2 - Copy.jpg
Old 02-15-2022, 04:13 PM
Rich

Default Baltimore Orioles Bethlehem Steel Scorecard - 1968

Here is a scorecard only distributed on 1 night - June 25, 1968 at the Bethlehem Steel Company Family night when the Orioles beat the Boston Red Sox. My favorite Orioles logo of all-time is on the cover, while the reverse side has photos of Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson and other Orioles players and manager Hank Bauer. The inside pages feature a scorecard for scorekeeping the game. I have an extra one for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

Last edited by uyu906; 02-15-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:28 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Very cool, Bill. Love finding things to collect of a player and the Orioles.

Finished my Run of Programs for Orioles.

Trying to collect all star pennants, tickets and programs for Brooks where he appears.

Missing on Orioles team picture pennants for Brooks playing days.

The list goes on.
Charlie,

Was it programs or yearbooks you were trying to complete? There are a bunch of regular season program variations. I'm still looking for the 2010 Scorecard included with the 2nd Edition of Orioles Magazine (Brian Matusz cover).

Do you have the video yearbooks that the Orioles did in 1987 & 1988 instead of a printed yearbook. Unique idea that wasn't well received in my opinion?

Here's the 1987. I also have the 1988, but no picture (It's in Maine)

1987 Orioles Video Yearbook

s-l300.jpg
Old 02-15-2022, 11:40 PM

Default Yearbooks, Alan…sorry

Hi, Alan. I meant to say Yearbooks. Sorry. I excluded the video Yearbooks. goodness, I don’t have the courage to try to collect all of the Programs. Who would be crazy enough to do that? Ha. I am looking for a 1964 Martin Family Night Program (17 Jul 64). Coincidentally, it has a similar bird with one shown on this string.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:47 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Hi, Alan. I meant to say Yearbooks. Sorry. I excluded the video Yearbooks. goodness, I don’t have the courage to try to collect all of the Programs. Who would be crazy enough to do that? Ha. I am looking for a 1964 Martin Family Night Program (17 Jul 64). Coincidentally, it has a similar bird with one shown on this string.
The regular season & postseason programs aren't that hard to find. I think there's around 250. It's when you branch off into third party, spring training and minor league affiliates that the fun begins. LOL

Here's my 1964 Martin Family Night scorecard. It's not mint, but I like the autographs.

1964 Martin Family Night - Copy.jpg
Old 02-16-2022, 07:50 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I appreciate all the kind words about my '78 Bluefield items...

Alan, I believe there are more B&W '78 programs (which are more like folded scorecards) than color ones because there was a hobby "find" of them (an unopened box or two) back in the late 1980's. Now why they made both versions is subject to debate....

Anyways here is the 1988 Yearbook (again a VHS one as Alan noted) with a neat cover photo:

Old 02-16-2022, 03:09 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyu906 View Post
Here is a scorecard only distributed on 1 night - June 25, 1968 at the Bethlehem Steel Company Family night when the Orioles beat the Boston Red Sox. My favorite Orioles logo of all-time is on the cover, while the reverse side has photos of Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson and other Orioles players and manager Hank Bauer. The inside pages feature a scorecard for scorekeeping the game. I have an extra one for sale or trade if anyone is interested.
I don’t think I have that one. If you have an extra I’d like to pick it up.
Old 02-17-2022, 06:20 AM
Rich

Default 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
I don’t think I have that one. If you have an extra I’d like to pick it up.
Hi Mark,

Yes, I have an extra one. PM sent.

Best,
Rich

Last edited by uyu906; 02-17-2022 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:35 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyu906 View Post
Hi Mark,

Yes, I have an extra one. PM sent.

Best,
Rich
Hi Rich,

Responded…just let me know. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2022, 03:30 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Back in August of 1978, Baltimore Sun Magazine (which was a Sunday paper insert) posted a cover photo of Cal Ripken Jr. & Tim Norris and wrote an article inside about two Baltimore natives in their first year of professional baseball in Bluefield, WV.

I was fortunate enough to pick up several of the original photos that were part of the article & here is my favorite (signed by both CRJ & Norris):

Old 02-17-2022, 04:08 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Back in August of 1978, Baltimore Sun Magazine (which was a Sunday paper insert) posted a cover photo of Cal Ripken Jr. & Tim Norris and wrote an article inside about two Baltimore natives in their first year of professional baseball in Bluefield, WV.

I was fortunate enough to pick up several of the original photos that were part of the article & here is my favorite (signed by both CRJ & Norris):

Love the newspaper inserts and that is a nice one. Of course the signed photo is off the charts…
Old 02-18-2022, 06:15 AM
Bill H@e1ig

So Tim Norris pitched five seasons in pro ball for the Orioles, reaching as high as AA, and later as an adult became the manager for Youse's Orioles, which is a collegiate summer baseball team...

I went to a few Youse's games in 2013 & was able to get a lineup card or two postgame from one of the players...If you look at their lineup, you'll probably recognize the names of Boddicker (James), Ripken (Ryan) & Sheets (Gavin...who made his MLB debut in '21)...Larry Sheets was in the stands the day I was there as well.

Last edited by roarfrom34; 02-18-2022 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:12 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
So Tim Norris pitched five seasons in pro ball for the Orioles, reaching as high as AA, and later as an adult became the manager for Youse's Orioles, which is a collegiate summer baseball team...

I went to a few games in 2013 & was able to get a lineup card or two...If you look at their lineup, you'll probably recognize the names of Boddicker (James), Ripken (Ryan) & Sheets (Gavin...who made his MLB debut in '21)...Larry Sheets was in the stands the day I was there as well.
Bill,

Neat item and cool story