NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-19-2022, 01:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Mark my comment on confirmation bias was meant as a separate thought, not at all related to your post, sorry not to have made that clear.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-19-2022, 02:51 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Deleted for being too snarky, even for me.
Glad I read it before you deleted it. Yes, it was snarky but it was also funny.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:59 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Deleted for being too snarky, even for me.
Maybe you can answer my question then, and acknowledge the Mississippi obesity fact.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 08-19-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:09 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Glad I read it before you deleted it. Yes, it was snarky but it was also funny.
Sorry, I didn't want it to be directed towards you, but there is no doubt it sure looked that way.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:38 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't want it to be directed towards you, but there is no doubt it sure looked that way.
I laughed.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:59 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Every disagreement on Net54 is resolved in 1200 posts or less. Gentlemen, we are now half way home.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:07 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Every disagreement on Net54 is resolved in 1200 posts or less. Gentlemen, we are now half way home.

We’re almost done! We just have some minor disputes left: Spahn vs. Koufax, vaccine or no vaccine, guns or limited guns. We shall get there.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
It is good to hear from a member of the medical profession on these topics. Thank you for your insight.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:29 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It is good to hear from a member of the medical profession on these topics. Thank you for your insight.

Trying to persuade partisan zealots on a baseball card chat board has little upside. I could argue either side of the debate with equally dismal results.
I suspect an abundance of earwax on both sides. Generations X, Y and Z don't want to listen to an old fart whose prior hobby was saving lives, which is difficult to accept but true.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Roger that.

Old 08-20-2022, 12:13 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Anything done in direct opposition to the vast majority of your fellow citizens "belief" (right or wrong), isn't anti-social? I had better get a new dictionary.
Yes, you should get a new one, yours is defective. You think it is *anti-social* for me to be within 6 feet of other people? Can we pretend to have an iota of common sense? You are criticizing the people who were and are, quite literally, socializing. That's what the problem was. The fearful lockdowners wanted to, and in many's states and counties did, criminalize group socializing. From parties to thanksgiving dinner to funerals, social events became an outrage and often illegal act. You think it is not anti-social to lock yourself away from society and refuse to be within 6 feet of anyone you don't live with? This is probably the stupidest possible argument you could make. You've got to be kidding.

Quote:
"Un-American" is a bit more nebulous. Protesting a war, not having enough flags to wave, criticizing a president, removing a statue, taking a knee on a football field, prohibition, stores open on Sundays, the Patriot Act, taxes, unions, union busting, segregation, desegregation.
You guys truly will just turn everything into race by the end. Whenever running out of points, bring up race! What does any of this have to do with your stated belief that not long ago it was un-American not to participate in the hysteria and go out and socialize instead of hiding away? When were you all wearing masks before 2020? When were you all refusing to be within 6 feet of another person not in your immediate household? When was this un-American?
Old 08-20-2022, 12:45 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Yes, you should get a new one, yours is defective. You think it is *anti-social* for me to be within 6 feet of other people? Can we pretend to have an iota of common sense? You are criticizing the people who were and are, quite literally, socializing. That's what the problem was. The fearful lockdowners wanted to, and in many's states and counties did, criminalize group socializing. From parties to thanksgiving dinner to funerals, social events became an outrage and often illegal act. You think it is not anti-social to lock yourself away from society and refuse to be within 6 feet of anyone you don't live with? This is probably the stupidest possible argument you could make. You've got to be kidding.

You guys truly will just turn everything into race by the end. Whenever running out of points, bring up race! What does any of this have to do with your stated belief that not long ago it was un-American not to participate in the hysteria and go out and socialize instead of hiding away? When were you all wearing masks before 2020? When were you all refusing to be within 6 feet of another person not in your immediate household? When was this un-American?
Stupidest argument, you’ve got to be kidding, blah blah blah. These add ins don’t make a “point” any better.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:00 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Stupidest argument, you’ve got to be kidding, blah blah blah. These add ins don’t make a “point” any better.
They don’t make the logical point, they are a rhetorical one, as you too use. They emphasize my surprise to learn that anti-social behavior now means, let me check my notes here, actually socializing with people.

This garbage, in which words have no set meaning but mean whatever is convenient to leftists at the moment, is absurdly stupid.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:23 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Amazing, doctors never wore a mask in 100 years of treating SICK people, now a mask can protect you! I bet they wish they knew this their whole career.

Surgeons the exception.

See how ridiculous the narrative is?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-20-2022, 01:25 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:

Ahh....the intellectual dishonesty is strong in this one!

Society asks that one not disrupt a broadway performance, whilst fondling oneself on stage. Doing so would be anti-social. If one and one's friends wish to do so, they are free to do so in a private venue, circular formation or not. That would be considered very social.

Holy cow.
I listed 13 things off they top of my head that I recall being described as un-American. You focused on race, not the point.
And then (bizarrely) you focus on a sub-point to the original observation as if it had any bearing at all.

Refusing to respect what the majority of our citizens believed to be for their and their families safety (regardless of their BMI), and actively disrespecting the boundaries, could be considered un-American, as in "not consistent with American values, principles or tradition". You know, Judeo-Christian roots.

But let's call an idiot football player taking a knee during the National anthem un-American.

Not those who took the 'we don't know enough about it' stance and then proved that they didn't by endangering others. Purposely. To prove some political point. From the governors who declared everyone an "essential employee", to the guy who tried to take my mask off, to those refusing to abide by private retailers decision to limit occupancy, or require masks, to my own relatives who had Thanksgiving 2020, got covid with 5 of 10 winding up in hospital, with 2 still suffering.

So yeah, I understand the government effed up the messaging. That they didn't have the guts to tell us straight up that 2 weeks wasn't enough time to "slow the spread". That by extending it bit by bit caused much of this movement. That people wanted to go to their bowling banquet, or go to the movies, or have their big wedding.

Fellow (fat, old, diabetic, immunocompromised) citizens be damned.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:32 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Amazing, doctors never wore a mask in 100 years of treating SICK people, now a mask can protect you! I bet they wish they knew this their whole career.

Surgeons the exception.

See how ridiculous the narrative is?
I’ll summarize this post: doctors haven’t worn masks for 100 years except the ones that have.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:49 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
I’ll summarize this post: doctors haven’t worn masks for 100 years except the ones that have.

None that have a good bed side manner. None I've ever seen..

Smiling doctor would come and welcome you and walk you into the room. Keep that kn95 on!

Old 08-20-2022, 02:02 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
None that have a good bed side manner. None I've ever seen..

Smiling doctor would come and welcome you and walk you into the room. Keep that kn95 on!
Doctors will return to not wearing masks. They have worn them during a dark time if the pandemic when hospitals were literally running out of beds. Made sense to wear them then. If it becomes a permanent thing, that’s not a great development in my view, although it wouldn’t be the end of the world either.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Ahh....the intellectual dishonesty is strong in this one!
Pretending that socializing is anti-social is what is intellectually dishonest, to put it lightly. You can say it is a bad thing, you can argue people should sequester themselves away for a year, two, or forever. But to call normal socializing anti-social is nuts. Intellectual dishonesty is to pretend up is down.

Quote:
Society asks that one not disrupt a broadway performance, whilst fondling oneself on stage. Doing so would be anti-social. If one and one's friends wish to do so, they are free to do so in a private venue, circular formation or not. That would be considered very social.
Yes, one should not masturbate on stage during a broadway play.... Is this an actual topic? Literally socializing with people, being around them like it's 2019, conversing and eating and dancing and smiling with their friends and people, has nothing to do with this utterly bizarre scenario. Masturbating on a public stage was anti-social in 2019, in 2000, in 1900, in 1800, and in 2022. Could you make a case for your position that even pretends to be reasonable? Surely you can pretend to be a rational person for a few minutes. This should be embarrassing to you. I almost can't believe this is where we have gone.

Quote:
Holy cow.
I listed 13 things off they top of my head that I recall being described as un-American. You focused on race, not the point.
And then (bizarrely) you focus on a sub-point to the original observation as if it had any bearing at all..
The one with a recurring trend of being brought up here whenever the lockdowners don't have much of a counter, yes.

Quote:
Refusing to respect what the majority of our citizens believed to be for their and their families safety (regardless of their BMI), and actively disrespecting the boundaries, could be considered un-American, as in "not consistent with American values, principles or tradition". You know, Judeo-Christian roots.
I think Americans have a very long history of living their lives how they want to live and not bowing to whoever is in power or doing whatever they are told, or living their lives based on their neighbors belief. I disagree with you on unAmerican; but it is a much less blatantly false newspeak load of bunk than the claim that socializing is anti-social.

As I've said before, I will live my life according to your beliefs the second that any of you live your live according to my values. It's an incredibly one way street your side demands here.

I am not going to pretend to not be cognizant that those who are obese don't do as well with Covid and other diseases. It is not 22 BMI 25 year old's dying in large numbers. No one has said that the obese do not have the same rights as everyone else, but I am not going to change my own life and habits because someone else is obese and doesn't manage their weight. I am not going to miss my best friends wedding, my grandfathers funeral, and the big moments in my life because you or someone else is obese and scared. If they are this truly terrified, then they can put down the French fries and go exercise. Obesity is self-inflicted (and I was once that way myself). You and they have never once lived their lives for me.

Quote:
But let's call an idiot football player taking a knee during the National anthem un-American.
I have never called kneelers unAmerican or implied as such or ever addressed this issue in any way, shape or form. I do not agree with either side of this debate. I want to watch a sports game. I do not see how this necessitates protest virtue-signaling nor taking off my hat and putting my hand on my heart for the anthem, as if swearing an oath of fealty to the state. I do not support either, I'm just going to sit and watch the game. I'm not at a sports game for politics. I'm tired of politics and hot takes being shoved into sports games.

Quote:
Not those who took the 'we don't know enough about it' stance and then proved that they didn't by endangering others. Purposely. To prove some political point. From the governors who declared everyone an "essential employee", to the guy who tried to take my mask off, to those refusing to abide by private retailers decision to limit occupancy, or require masks, to my own relatives who had Thanksgiving 2020, got covid with 5 of 10 winding up in hospital, with 2 still suffering.
What danger? You believe your distancing and mask and vax works, right? Me and my friends refusing to hide at home and never leave but actually enjoying our lives while we are on this Earth and alive pose little risk to you fearmongers hiding away from the real world. Thanksgiving dinner was a criminal act, but it was delicious and wonderful to see everyone. You can do whatever you want to do; I don't care if you wear a mask or get 50 shots or refuse to ever again get within 6 feet of other, actual people. I am just not going to live my life in that way, and I'm not going to follow whatever the next fear narrative is either. I'm going to look at the data, apply some math, and then go outside and socialize, in the real world, like I have all my life.

Quote:
So yeah, I understand the government effed up the messaging. That they didn't have the guts to tell us straight up that 2 weeks wasn't enough time to "slow the spread". That by extending it bit by bit caused much of this movement. That people wanted to go to their bowling banquet, or go to the movies, or have their big wedding.

Fellow (fat, old, diabetic, immunocompromised) citizens be damned.
'member when it was a conspiracy theory to suggest "two weeks to flatten the curve" was absolutely not going to be 2 weeks? Ha.

No one is making the fat, old, diabetic and immunocrompromised citizens to not get their vaxes or do whatever they want. Which work. They do work, right? Crazy, this is the first vaccine in history that only works for you if I get it too. You don't have to attend the bowling banquet and wedding if you're scared or obese or don't believe your vax works or are immunocompromised. But I'm going, and pose not a threat at all to you, hiding away in fear.

And anti-social doesn't mean socializing. Up is not down, and everyone besides the hardcore partisans who will perform any mental gymnastics it takes to pretend their narrative, party or the state is always right all know this.

Last edited by G1911; 08-20-2022 at 02:16 PM. Reason: formatting a quote line.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:42 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Doctors will return to not wearing masks. They have worn them during a dark time if the pandemic when hospitals were literally running out of beds. Made sense to wear them then. If it becomes a permanent thing, that’s not a great development in my view, although it wouldn’t be the end of the world either.

I get it, it only stops Covid, not flu or colds. I believe most of the emergency rooms were full due to people being intubated. In NY the "floating hospital " barge was sent away empty and the javits center remained empty. Meanwhile, there was one report of a "refrigerator truck of bodies". Pretty weird stuff man, going to strap on the tin foil hat and head back to my MaGa meeting.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

J.P. nails it, again.

https://youtu.be/F74iqEJnb14
Old 08-20-2022, 03:33 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I get it, it only stops Covid, not flu or colds. I believe most of the emergency rooms were full due to people being intubated. In NY the "floating hospital " barge was sent away empty and the javits center remained empty. Meanwhile, there was one report of a "refrigerator truck of bodies". Pretty weird stuff man, going to strap on the tin foil hat and head back to my MaGa meeting.
Haha well played. Masks are effective at reducing the risk of spreading flu and colds. Masks are accepted in other countries but I hope and think they go away in North America. I think we’d rather accept more flu and colds than have to wear masks. At the height of covid, particularly when we couldn’t predict the future of where things would head, it was a good idea to implement. If the mask companies were owned by the Illuminati maybe I’d question it - they’re not.
Old 08-20-2022, 03:34 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
J.P. nails it, again.

https://youtu.be/F74iqEJnb14
You watch this stuff?
Old 08-20-2022, 04:33 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
You watch this stuff?
What was your first clue?
Old 08-20-2022, 04:59 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
What was your first clue?
The conspiracy theories were the first clue. Attaching the link is the most recent clue. I hope you don’t donate hard earned money to people like that. Donating your time is bad enough.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Only the narrative matters. Cherry pick whatever sources support the narrative, and disregard those that don't. The ones that don't are part of the conspiracy. Carry on.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-20-2022 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:18 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Pretending that socializing is anti-social is what is intellectually dishonest, to put it lightly. You can say it is a bad thing, you can argue people should sequester themselves away for a year, two, or forever. But to call normal socializing anti-social is nuts. Intellectual dishonesty is to pretend up is down.

Since you're pretending to not know the definition that is relevant to my statements, here it is:

an·ti·so·cial
/ˌan(t)ēˈsōSHəl,ˌanˌtīˈsōSHəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: anti-social
contrary to the laws and customs of society; devoid of or antagonistic to sociable instincts or practices.

Yes, one should not masturbate on stage during a broadway play.... Is this an actual topic? Literally socializing with people, being around them like it's 2019, conversing and eating and dancing and smiling with their friends and people, has nothing to do with this utterly bizarre scenario. Masturbating on a public stage was anti-social in 2019, in 2000, in 1900, in 1800, and in 2022. Could you make a case for your position that even pretends to be reasonable? Surely you can pretend to be a rational person for a few minutes. This should be embarrassing to you. I almost can't believe this is where we have gone.

I'm shocked you didn't accuse me of suggesting you were stage left of Hamilton. It must be difficult to live life unable to see past the literal.

The one with a recurring trend of being brought up here whenever the lockdowners don't have much of a counter, yes.

You must be more sensitive to racial issues than most. Do you just scan for outrage triggers or read what was written in context? Surely you could have taken the opportunity to point out your pro-union stance. Or address the point.

I think Americans have a very long history of living their lives how they want to live and not bowing to whoever is in power or doing whatever they are told, or living their lives based on their neighbors belief. I disagree with you on unAmerican; but it is a much less blatantly false newspeak load of bunk than the claim that socializing is anti-social.

Again, you can choose to pretend only the secondary definition exists.

As I've said before, I will live my life according to your beliefs the second that any of you live your live according to my values. It's an incredibly one way street your side demands here.

I am not going to pretend to not be cognizant that those who are obese don't do as well with Covid and other diseases. It is not 22 BMI 25 year old's dying in large numbers. No one has said that the obese do not have the same rights as everyone else, but I am not going to change my own life and habits because someone else is obese and doesn't manage their weight. I am not going to miss my best friends wedding, my grandfathers funeral, and the big moments in my life because you or someone else is obese and scared. If they are this truly terrified, then they can put down the French fries and go exercise. Obesity is self-inflicted (and I was once that way myself). You and they have never once lived their lives for me.

I have never called kneelers unAmerican or implied as such or ever addressed this issue in any way, shape or form. I do not agree with either side of this debate. I want to watch a sports game. I do not see how this necessitates protest virtue-signaling nor taking off my hat and putting my hand on my heart for the anthem, as if swearing an oath of fealty to the state. I do not support either, I'm just going to sit and watch the game. I'm not at a sports game for politics. I'm tired of politics and hot takes being shoved into sports games.

What danger? You believe your distancing and mask and vax works, right? Me and my friends refusing to hide at home and never leave but actually enjoying our lives while we are on this Earth and alive pose little risk to you fearmongers hiding away from the real world. Thanksgiving dinner was a criminal act, but it was delicious and wonderful to see everyone. You can do whatever you want to do; I don't care if you wear a mask or get 50 shots or refuse to ever again get within 6 feet of other, actual people. I am just not going to live my life in that way, and I'm not going to follow whatever the next fear narrative is either. I'm going to look at the data, apply some math, and then go outside and socialize, in the real world, like I have all my life.

'member when it was a conspiracy theory to suggest "two weeks to flatten the curve" was absolutely not going to be 2 weeks? Ha.

Not aware of that, as most epidemiologists, who don't consider political ramifications, suggested 2-4 months of shutdown, beause, you know, science.

No one is making the fat, old, diabetic and immunocrompromised citizens to not get their vaxes or do whatever they want. Which work. They do work, right? Crazy, this is the first vaccine in history that only works for you if I get it too. You don't have to attend the bowling banquet and wedding if you're scared or obese or don't believe your vax works or are immunocompromised. But I'm going, and pose not a threat at all to you, hiding away in fear.

[Symptom #4: Risk Taking
Every now and then we need to weigh a risk against the potential reward. If the reward is great enough and outweighs the risk, then we may go ahead and take the plunge. Often though, we decide that the reward is just not worth it and avoid taking the associated risk.
People with Antisocial Personality Disorder are far more likely to take the risk regardless of how small the potential reward may be. This contributes to the likelihood of being in trouble with the authorities considerably more often than people who take a more balanced approach to risk-taking

Symptom #5: No Remorse
When living in a society, we as members need to follow certain rules in order to make that society function. This includes treating each other with respect and consideration. Over the centuries we have developed emotions such as remorse that help all of us stick to the rules. Sometimes though, not everybody experiences such emotions.

People with Antisocial Behavior Disorder tend not to feel remorse for their actions. This makes it easier for them to harm people, and they will often do just that if they gain from it personally. Their only concern is their own well-being, with little to no concern for the people they are hurting.

Symptom #9: Hostility And Aggression
While people with Antisocial Personality Disorder can turn on the charm when it suits them, they can also be very hostile and aggressive. They can quickly become agitated with high levels of irritability. They will also often display arrogance and expect other people to fall into line.

Their high levels of aggression mean that violence is often not far away. They can be quick to turn even in public places, and it is not uncommon for them to get involved in physical fights with other people. They can be very difficult to reason with and much more likely to be defensive and aggressive rather than resolving things by talking them over.

And anti-social doesn't mean socializing. Up is not down, and everyone besides the hardcore partisans who will perform any mental gymnastics it takes to pretend their narrative, party or the state is always right all know this.

It is very common that those with a very small minority view (correct or not) belive they hold a super majority one.
And to finish up, to paraphrase Carly Simon: "I'll bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you?"
None of what I wrote here or previously is specifically about you unless I specifically addressed you I have responded to your notions, as well as others, with my views.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:21 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Haha well played. Masks are effective at reducing the risk of spreading flu and colds. Masks are accepted in other countries but I hope and think they go away in North America. I think we’d rather accept more flu and colds than have to wear masks. At the height of covid, particularly when we couldn’t predict the future of where things would head, it was a good idea to implement. If the mask companies were owned by the Illuminati maybe I’d question it - they’re not.
Tou do know they use them "in other countries " (china I've only seen) to keep out air pollution of which most have 100x bigger mass than coronavirus. But I guess if you are sneezing with a mask on, it would help contain the spread.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:19 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Tou do know they use them "in other countries " (china I've only seen) to keep out air pollution of which most have 100x bigger mass than coronavirus. But I guess if you are sneezing with a mask on, it would help contain the spread.
Absolutely. Masks are acceptable in other countries. No matter what we’ve been through these past few years I don’t think they are here. That should be an uplifting thought. But in terms of spreading germs, while I recommend basing decisions on doctors and scientists rather than on personal opinion, on the idea of wearing masks it just seems really basic common sense that they help to keep your fluids and whatnot in. I have always viewed the masks as not protecting the wearer but as protecting others from the wearer. That’s why I think it was ok to force people to wear them for a stint. It wasn’t for your own good for the most part - it was for everyone else’s.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:22 PM
D@le Irv*n

Nothing to see here people. Just Albert Bourla sitting with Klaus Scwhab, the head of the World Economic Forum (WEF) discussing the vaccines. This is just a conspiracy theory so don't read much into it nor pay attention to the logo's on the wall. All fiction. These people, Klaus, and his one world govt agenda have our best interests at heart, trust me!
https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status...DQ9dHJ_roqAAAA

And like wise here. The CEO of Moderna. Just don't pay any attention to where he's at (Davos) or what he is talking about (covid vaccines).
https://twitter.com/TheoFleury14/sta...Cg8cLY67gqAAAA

And same goes with this one. Yuval Noah Hariri is Klaus's right hand man. He sounds like a swell guy, almost god like even, with what his plans are as far humanity and as far as the vaccines go.
"Covid is critical because this is what convinces people to accept to legitimize total biometric surveillance. We need to not just monitor people, we need to monitor what’s happening under their skin”
https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/stat...75589235376128

Klaus has bragged about infiltrating our govt's, but that is also conspiracy theory nonsense (even though he has said that on video), and all the above is just a Hollywood production for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by irv; 08-20-2022 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:45 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Nothing to see here people. Just Albert Bourla sitting with Klaus Scwhab, the head of the World Economic Forum (WEF) discussing the vaccines. This is just a conspiracy theory so don't read much into it nor pay attention to the logo's on the wall. All fiction. These people, Klaus, and his one world govt agenda have our best interests at heart, trust me!
https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status...DQ9dHJ_roqAAAA

And like wise here. The CEO of Moderna. Just don't pay any attention to where he's at (Davos) or what he is talking about (covid vaccines).
https://twitter.com/TheoFleury14/sta...Cg8cLY67gqAAAA

And same goes with this one. Yuval Noah Hariri is Klaus's right hand man. He sounds like a swell guy, almost god like even, with what his plans are as far humanity and as far as the vaccines go.
"Covid is critical because this is what convinces people to accept to legitimize total biometric surveillance. We need to not just monitor people, we need to monitor what’s happening under their skin”
https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/stat...75589235376128

Klaus has bragged about infiltrating our govt's, but that is also conspiracy theory nonsense (even though he has said that on video), and all the above is just a Hollywood production for your viewing pleasure.
Just wow. Anyone of the others against previous vaccine mandates and masking moved by this? I am guessing no.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:28 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
And to finish up, to paraphrase Carly Simon: "I'll bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you?"
None of what I wrote here or previously is specifically about you unless I specifically addressed you I have responded to your notions, as well as others, with my views.
I am well aware of the definition. Attending social events and socializing is not anti-social. Disagreeing with your fear cult, which is now less than half the country (even here in the most left-wing part of the country, far under half the population is masking and hiding and maintaining a six foot gap) is not being anti-social.

I never understand why people adopt mental gymnastic arguments when a less stupid argument is readily available. The case for lockdowns isn't hard and can rationally be made; it just takes a different belief, that the individual does not have rights that supersedes the states right to force them to comply with the will of the state. Plenty of people on your side have been making rational arguments here. Being unable to understand that having social interactions is the OPPOSITE of being anti-social is a losing argument to all but the most extreme who will adopt any argument whatsoever that supports their worldview. Attending a wedding is not anti-social. Hugging my friends is not anti-social. Attending a bowling banquet is not anti-social. It is the exact opposite of these things. Hiding away from the world in terror of a flu disease and refusing to be within six feet of people is more akin to anti-social, if you're stuck on this for some reason.

I have no idea what pro-union stance you are talking about. I have never posted about unions on here? I don't know why you keep making these bizarre claims. You have an opinion about a union stance I have never given. You assumed I think kneelers are un-American. You made some weird ass claim about millennial not wanting to work. I don't know what these rebuttals of things I have never said are relevant. It's like you are having a separate argument in your head from anything that has actually been said.

Of course, you can't answer anything. You can't pinpoint when "not too long ago" hiding away was the sociable and American norm. You can't draw any real connection about how public masturbation being inappropriate is an analogy to, let me check my notes again, attending a wedding. You can't explain how, if your vaccine works, it requires people who disagree with you to have it to function. You have to pretend you are completely unfamiliar with "two weeks to flatten the curve". Just drop the bullshit and make a rational case. It isn't hard to do. Almost everyone else is doing it. Or just spit out a bunch of crap. It would be nice if your next rant wasn't about jacking off in public, but that's just my personal opinion.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:58 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I am well aware of the definition. Attending social events and socializing is not anti-social. Disagreeing with your fear cult, which is now less than half the country (even here in the most left-wing part of the country, far under half the population is masking and hiding and maintaining a six foot gap) is not being anti-social.

I never understand why people adopt mental gymnastic arguments when a less stupid argument is readily available. The case for lockdowns isn't hard and can rationally be made; it just takes a different belief, that the individual does not have rights that supersedes the states right to force them to comply with the will of the state. Plenty of people on your side have been making rational arguments here. Being unable to understand that having social interactions is the OPPOSITE of being anti-social is a losing argument to all but the most extreme who will adopt any argument whatsoever that supports their worldview. Attending a wedding is not anti-social. Hugging my friends is not anti-social. Attending a bowling banquet is not anti-social. It is the exact opposite of these things. Hiding away from the world in terror of a flu disease and refusing to be within six feet of people is more akin to anti-social, if you're stuck on this for some reason.

I have no idea what pro-union stance you are talking about. I have never posted about unions on here? I don't know why you keep making these bizarre claims. You have an opinion about a union stance I have never given. You assumed I think kneelers are un-American. You made some weird ass claim about millennial not wanting to work. I don't know what these rebuttals of things I have never said are relevant. It's like you are having a separate argument in your head from anything that has actually been said.

Of course, you can't answer anything. You can't pinpoint when "not too long ago" hiding away was the sociable and American norm. You can't draw any real connection about how public masturbation being inappropriate is an analogy to, let me check my notes again, attending a wedding. You can't explain how, if your vaccine works, it requires people who disagree with you to have it to function. You have to pretend you are completely unfamiliar with "two weeks to flatten the curve". Just drop the bullshit and make a rational case. It isn't hard to do. Almost everyone else is doing it. Or just spit out a bunch of crap. It would be nice if your next rant wasn't about jacking off in public, but that's just my personal opinion.
You can’t answer anything, you keep making these bizarre claim, people on your side make rationale arguments but you don’t, blah, blah, blah - this is your go to style. They do not make you right and this is why you get into fights and piss people off on the most benign of threads and this one. Good day sir.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:02 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
You can’t answer anything, you keep making these bizarre claim, people on your side make rationale arguments but you don’t, blah, blah, blah - this is your go to style. They do not make you right and this is why you get into fights and piss people off on the most benign of threads and this one. Good day sir.
Yep, when people make a ridiculous argument and cannot or will not defend it, I call it out. They don't make me right; they show the other argument is wrong. That's my style.

It is, of course, the same exact thing your side will do when the other side makes a stupid argument. That's different, of course, because it's your side.

Good day.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:07 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Yep, when people make a ridiculous argument and cannot or will not defend it, I call it out. They don't make me right; they show the other argument is wrong. That's my style.

It is, of course, the same exact thing your side will do when the other side makes a stupid argument. That's different, of course, because it's your side.

Good day.
When has anyone responded to you to say that’s the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard or something similar to that? Chill bro.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

There are, and have been, two overarching questions in my opinion and most of the rest of the last several years has been noise, spin and worse. One, what does our best data looked at agnostically actually show in terms of vaccines, masks, lockdowns, etc. Two, how does a free society navigate the inevitable tradeoffs between individual freedom and collective welfare. The questions are related because it's necessary to have your best interpretation of data before you can even know what may be best for the collective welfare. But instead of focusing on these questions, we've basically had a total fucking mess on all sides.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-20-2022 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:14 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
When has anyone responded to you to say that’s the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard or something similar to that? Chill bro.
Go read the gun thread, including some of your own posts. I'd say chill bro, but it's been nice that you stopped stalking me around to other threads just to throw jabs like you were doing for a minute.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:17 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Go read the gun thread, including some of your own posts. I'd say chill bro, but it's been nice that you stopped stalking me around to other threads just to throw jabs like you were doing for a minute.
I asked a question. Respond to it.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:25 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I asked a question. Respond to it.
I did. Very literally. I told you where to look. Or if you're too lazy to click to another thread, go look at the things being said about people on my side in here. Irv has taken numerous shots. At least I criticize the argument itself.

You never answer any of mine. You never did find any place where I contradicted or changed the argument. All you do is throw jabs, refuse to backup any of your claims, completely make things up, deny you've been given answers that are staring at you from the transcript. All over a small joke about PWCC being a fraud ring a few months ago. Probably time to update the blocklist if you can never even backup your bullshit.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:33 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I did. Very literally. I told you where to look. Or if you're too lazy to click to another thread, go look at the things being said about people on my side in here. Irv has taken numerous shots. At least I criticize the argument itself.

You never answer any of mine. You never did find any place where I contradicted or changed the argument. All you do is throw jabs, refuse to backup any of your claims, completely make things up, deny you've been given answers that are staring at you from the transcript. All over a small joke about PWCC being a fraud ring a few months ago. Probably time to update the blocklist if you can never even backup your bullshit.
Thought so. Point to anywhere where anyone uses the same awful style of saying you’re making stupid arguments, you’ve done a complete 180, etc. One person does that. People will continue to get kissed at you on benign threads and I guess that’s your goal.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:45 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Dr. Brix openly admitted she knew the vax didn't work and still pushed them.

Yet people still can't figure it out and are still getting boosted and thanking the vax when they get covid.

Unbelievable.

Remember when Fauci said he "needs" people to "solely" take the vaccines and not anything else?
https://youtu.be/AoNPn_RP6eA

1) No, she never said that. I’m sure you’d have an edited YouTube or TikTok video to show us if she did.

2) No, I don’t. Can you source your claim aside from an edited video of Fauci talking about a flu shot in 2004?
Old 08-20-2022, 09:55 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Thought so. Point to anywhere where anyone uses the same awful style of saying you’re making stupid arguments, you’ve done a complete 180, etc. One person does that. People will continue to get kissed at you on benign threads and I guess that’s your goal.
Okay, so you're not mad that everyone else is doing the same general thing, you're 'kissed' that I use a specific manner of speech? Like every human being on the planet. People tend to use certain phrasings, yes. Your shot at me is that Packs got upset? From the guy who was stalking me when after getting triggered as a PWCC shill. Rich. Bye troll.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:57 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Okay, so you're not mad that everyone else is doing the same general thing, you're 'kissed' that I use a specific manner of speech? Like every human being on the planet. People tend to use certain phrasings, yes. Your shot at me is that Packs got upset? From the guy who was stalking me when after getting triggered as a PWCC shill. Rich. Bye troll.
Nah man, it’s just that you’re like a baby telling everyone they are wrong and you are right. No one else is doing that on here. To each his or her own.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:57 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

I honestly don't know how you do it, but my hat's off to you, Greg, for continuing to respond to Deertick and Carter.
They both seem obsessed with you?
Deertick types a 1,000 words of nonsensical gibberish that doesn't add up to nothing, but yet, he continues.
Carter, even though I am unaware of the PWCC thread that seems to have triggered him, I assume, has a hard time letting things go?
Could also be both feel threatened, unworthy of your intelligence. Jealousy? Who knows, but it is obsessive weird behavior, imo.
Looks like I too may have a similar person now in William?

Kary Mullis, the Nobel Prize winning inventor of the PCR test, who stated, the PCR test can pick up anything and "shouldn't" solely be used to check for positive covid cases tells us his thoughts on Fauci.
https://rumble.com/vma61h-nobel-laur...ced-video.html

Another, from a nurse who had to deal with, frustratingly, a doctor who didn't believe her. It goes on and on but yet, because some of these people on here only watch MSM for their news, quickly debunk these things as fake or conspiracy theories.
""I transported a 10 year old child having a heart attack. I had to argue 30 min with the doctor I had to force his hand to have an ECG that clearly shows a myocardial infarction due to the covid19 vaccine." #vaccineinjuries"
https://twitter.com/pills_truth/stat...73748689936385
https://twitter.com/BreesAnna/status...Cwpan5kfkqAAAA

The 2 most vaccinated states in your country, with the most draconian measures, top the list with the most current covid cases, but some still believe the vaccines, the masks, and the lockdowns work.
7 States Where COVID is "Out of Hand"
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/7-st...104517616.html
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/n...W2wU&fs=e&s=cl

Last edited by irv; 08-21-2022 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:13 AM
D@le Irv*n

Nothing to see here either as I'm sure the evening news has already discussed this in its entirety?

Health experts are quitting the NIH and CDC in droves because they're embarrassed by 'bad science' - including vaccinating children under 5 to 'make their advice palatable to the White House,' doctors claim
Health experts are quitting the NIH and CDC in droves because they are embarrassed by ‘bad science’
https://publicnewstime.com/health-ne...y-bad-science/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...d-science.html
https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/new...o-bad-science/
https://www.westernstandard.news/new...21b2be954.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/healt...own/index.html

https://healthimpactnews.com/2022/ni...ovid-vaccines/
Old 08-21-2022, 08:00 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
There are, and have been, two overarching questions in my opinion and most of the rest of the last several years has been noise, spin and worse. One, what does our best data looked at agnostically actually show in terms of vaccines, masks, lockdowns, etc. Two, how does a free society navigate the inevitable tradeoffs between individual freedom and collective welfare. The questions are related because it's necessary to have your best interpretation of data before you can even know what may be best for the collective welfare. But instead of focusing on these questions, we've basically had a total fucking mess on all sides.
Kinda makes ya wonder dunnit? Nobody can illustrates these points since too many have "skin in the game".

The point of "excess deaths" pushed me further down into the bunker. It would have been written off as a "rounding error" if it were anything else. A shame human life has all of a sudden JUST become so important after years of unhealthy food, bad diet, poisonous chemicals etc we need to save everyone last person, no matter their usefulness or contribution to society

Edited: Spelling on the phone

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 08-21-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:46 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
how does a free society navigate the inevitable tradeoffs between individual freedom and collective welfare
To me this is a key question for this and so many other hotlly debated topics in America today. For some, collective welfare seems only to be a consideration when it is sure not to cause any inconvenience. Others I don't believe even care about collective welfare, or believe in it for some but not others. Even the concept itself can easily be painted as a "slippery slope" toward the ever-present "threat" of socialism, no?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 08-21-2022, 09:35 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
To me this is a key question for this and so many other hotlly debated topics in America today. For some, collective welfare seems only to be a consideration when it is sure not to cause any inconvenience. Others I don't believe even care about collective welfare, or believe in it for some but not others. Even the concept itself can easily be painted as a "slippery slope" toward the ever-present "threat" of socialism, no?
usually companies balance acceptable level of death to the liability of lawsuits and their bottom line,

but take away the liability part, thats an important check on the first part thats removed.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:52 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:

Again, you can choose to pretend only the secondary definition exists. Would it make you feel better if we used asocial for your definition and anti-societal for mine? And you are choosing to move the goalposts of my point that anti-this-and-that actions could be considered anti-societal to what are appropriate measures for today? Talk about monday morning quarterbacking.

Do you just scan for outrage triggers or read what was written in context? and "I'll bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you?"

Of course, you can't answer anything. You can't pinpoint when "not too long ago" hiding away was the sociable and American norm. You can't draw any real connection about how public masturbation being inappropriate is an analogy to, let me check my notes again, attending a wedding. You can't explain how, if your vaccine works, it requires people who disagree with you to have it to function. You have to pretend you are completely unfamiliar with "two weeks to flatten the curve".

Not as a conspiracy theory as you wrote. See, I am able to read, comprehend, and respond in context. And then you misread and misrepresent.

Just drop the bullshit and make a rational case. It isn't hard to do. Almost everyone else is doing it. Or just spit out a bunch of crap. It would be nice if your next rant wasn't about jacking off in public, but that's just my personal opinion.
Your fixation on some imagery is fascinating, in a weird sort of "look over there" defense mechanism. It must be difficult to live life unable to see past the literal. And to save time: No, there isn't an actual image associated with this post.

Do you just scan for outrage triggers or read what was written in context?

"I'll bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you, don't you?". Well, it is.

(reusing some of my previous quotes since the likelihood that you read them the 1st time is low.)
Old 08-21-2022, 09:55 AM
Jeremy

Quote:
How does a free society navigate the inevitable tradeoffs between individual freedom and collective welfare.
What an excellent and insightful question! For me it's an easy one, and collective welfare wins out. I wear a mask and got my vaccine/booster to help the person next to me, not to help or save myself.

I'm not perfect by any means, but each decision in my life is based on how it affects others, and by others I mean ALL living things, and the environment. Biocentrism would be the closest philosophical teaching of how I choose to live my life.

This is the reason I choose to lead a vegan lifestyle. This helps all life around me as well as the planet and as a side effect helps me greatly in that I am healthier than I have ever been and (knock on wood) have not contracted COVID or any other illness for that matter since I began this process 7 years ago.

So in short, I believe that choosing the collective welfare over personal freedom has a side effect of greatly benefitting the individual. However, I can't control anyone, nor would I want to, so whatever they choose is their decision, and while I may not support what they choose, I respect that it is their decision.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill