NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-09-2021, 06:02 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
And to quote a seller that is no longer here just so he is never forgotten.

"Thanks for the many inquires, still available..."
LOL. For some reason an image of Hans Peter Wagner came to mind......

I'm sure there must've been many inquiries in the 20 or so years that portrait was listed. I think it was bumped more times than Honus had hits.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:36 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
LOL. For some reason an image of Hans Peter Wagner came to mind......

I'm sure there must've been many inquiries in the 20 or so years that portrait was listed. I think it was bumped more times than Honus had hits.
That thread has just over 25,000 views, and Wagner had 3,420 career hits. That’s over a 7:1 ratio of views to hits. At around the 5:1 Mark is where I would’ve said consign the thing, but to each his own.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:03 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
That thread has just over 25,000 views, and Wagner had 3,420 career hits. That’s over a 7:1 ratio of views to hits. At around the 5:1 Mark is where I would’ve said consign the thing, but to each his own.
I wanted to say that about a dozen times as well. But thought I had previously heard some forum rule against posting negative statements in peoples' BST listings. So decided to just grin, bear it and say nothing.

Maybe we'll see old Honus in a real auction some day!
Old 05-10-2021, 05:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I wanted to say that about a dozen times as well. But thought I had previously heard some forum rule against posting negative statements in peoples' BST listings. So decided to just grin, bear it and say nothing.

Maybe we'll see old Honus in a real auction some day!
There are almost no rules in the BST areas, however, we don't want members making any comments in those threads unless they are nice in nature. The fewer rules the better. Caveat Emptor and always PM me or another moderator with anything that looks suspicious or out of line.

One of my fave BST pickups several years ago..

Last edited by Leon; 05-10-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:52 AM
Robert Williams

I am afraid the card bubble has burst a little bit. I wonder is some sellers realize that.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:28 AM

This is almost as irritating as the people who run buy ads followed by PM your best price. If you are initiating a buy or sell ad, you need to have a price and not wasting my time.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:39 AM
And.y Ell.is

I understand the rules, but I also don't think its unreasonable to put an asking price on a card your selling. When a person asks to make an offer, I always feel
like they are looking for the highest offer, and that's fine. I just don't know if this person is playing games, for all I know, I made the only offer, but keep telling me someone else went higher than me. I'm not saying that this happens, but I have NO way of knowing. I just don't bother with these posts and its not just here its lots of places. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:42 AM

Default I don't see it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I am afraid the card bubble has burst a little bit. I wonder is some sellers realize that.

..Maybe for pre-war only ? ...I was watching two '57 Brooks Robinson low end fillers' auctions , a PSA 2 and a PSA 3.5 and they both wound up way over $400......it's getting curiouser and curiouser out there.....I wonder if that $1400 from Dee Cee has something to do with the temporary insanity.....you can't go near any '50's HOF players right now......I'm even thinking of putting together a few dozen '50's Topps PSA 6's , 7's , and 8's to be consigned to that feller out in Oregon to be in on and part of the feeding frenzy , ....even commons in a PSA holder are just going up like rockets........it cannot possibly last , can it ?.......OMG the Dow just hit 35.....sheesh...

Old 05-10-2021, 03:33 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

I honestly don't care what sellers do...but as 99% a buyer here, if there is no price, it's not for sale, from my point of view. I know the values of the cards I'm interested in and the last thing I want to do is offend someone who is looking for more than fair value...which to me saying "make me an offer" is the goal.

I have noticed our BST...of which I LOVE and am a regular buyer...has more and more offered items well above Ebay...when I first joined here there were many more "good deals". No fees, no taxes. Anyway, I have only had one deal here that went "south" (condition no where near described) and I just let it go as it wasn't that big of a deal...everything else has been outstanding. The fact Leon doesn't charge us an annual fee or something to partake is quite generous of him!

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 05-10-2021, 03:35 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
By burst a bit I am seeing things leveling out for sure...there was a period where post war anyway pricing was different daily...but last month or so there has been consistency from what I have seen...a new consistency...but nothing I'm looking at has gone backwards any...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 05-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
By burst a bit I am seeing things leveling out for sure...there was a period where post war anyway pricing was different daily...but last month or so there has been consistency from what I have seen...a new consistency...but nothing I'm looking at has gone backwards any...
That's what I have seeing as well in low grade prewar stuff.

The very high grade may be coming back to earth but I don't follow that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2021, 08:10 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Default Gehrig/Ruth/Young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There are almost no rules in the BST areas, however, we don't want members making any comments in those threads unless they are nice in nature. The fewer rules the better. Caveat Emptor and always PM me or another moderator with anything that looks suspicious or out of line.

One of my fave BST pickups several years ago..

This is labeled Gehrig/Ruth, but I think Cy Young is the older fellow in the middle.

In the pic below, Cy is sitting, far right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2222.jpg (80.6 KB, 345 views)