NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Crazy Zeenut prices?

I like PCL cards and usually follow auctions with Zeenuts with coupons. These years with coupons usually go for about $100-$175....I must be doing something wrong. Congrats to the seller...!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Zeenut-...item3f20191821

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Zeenut-...p2047675.l2557

Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM

Same two top bidders on each card, both bid at the end and no one else was close to their bids. Might be a case of two people bidding to make sure they won and didn't anticipate another crazy bidder
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Chris Counts

With all the talk about the economy and its woes, I'm surprised by what stuff sells for these days. I collect old snapshots, and some I expect to win on eBay for $5-$10 now go for $30 to $40. I also collect Bazooka cards from the 1960s. I recently watched a number of high grade individual cards sell for over ONE THOUSAND dollars each — and that's for a hand-cut card that somebody could have cut from a panel yesterday. Two different '62 Clementes sold for over $4,000 each ...
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM
John V.

That's an unproveable almost perfect example of 'Sniping Gone Bad, Vol IV' .... I hope that never happens to me when I get over-anxious. Two people went sky high and one got 'hung'... probably not in alot of cases, but I'm sure it leads to a fair share of no-pay bidders. Sniping is sometimes a sellers dream come true... also, hasn't happened to me when I'm the seller - but I can always hope !! Now, where's my zeenut w/ coupon...

Last edited by Spartan; 12-17-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: misworded
Old 12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
John V.

That's a $1000 for both.......wow, don't tell the wife !
Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Marc S.

Default Hmm...

Not sure I agree-

Leon, if you can find me Zeenuts with Coupons from these years for $100 - $175, please let me know, and I'll buy them all. Verkman recently sold this poor condition Joost for over $280:
http://www.csauctions.com/item.cgi?show_item=336160

You are definitely correct about two snipers that battled it out, but that Rohwer was in pretty nice shape for a coupon'ed Zeenut (certainly a lot better than the PSA 1 that Verkman sold). Point is definitely more correct on the Walsh-

m
Old 12-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan View Post
Not sure I agree-

Leon, if you can find me Zeenuts with Coupons from these years for $100 - $175, please let me know, and I'll buy them all. Verkman recently sold this poor condition Joost for over $280:
http://www.csauctions.com/item.cgi?show_item=336160

You are definitely correct about two snipers that battled it out, but that Rohwer was in pretty nice shape for a coupon'ed Zeenut (certainly a lot better than the PSA 1 that Verkman sold). Point is definitely more correct on the Walsh-

m
Hi Marc
I know you watch them even more than I do because, besides a 1920 w/coupon, and a few tint variations, I am done with my type run of years. Heck, with that type of money maybe it's time for me to sell a few . (nah, probably not)
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Dave Fa*st

Looks like they went higher than usual - but I'd agree with Marc, they are still $300 cards. Once you get into the 1933+ than you can find them in the $100-150 range depending on how beat up they are.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Marc S.

Default Just my thoughts, Leon

and always appreciate a good discussion.

Same seller had a 1928 Zeenut perhaps two weeks ago that had three bidders over $275:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=271113232410

My track on 2012 is that there have been fewer than twenty-five Zeenuts with coupons to make it to auction. I think the last big grouping to become available was the ones in B&L auction (Fall 2011) that were sold off individually. The biggest grouping I've seen this year is a single seller on Ebay that had approximately fourteen 1931 / 1932 Zeenut with coupons available, all sold individually -- with the auctions being pulled before close. And I'm including that group of fourteen in my "less than 25" calculation for what's been available in 2012.

I know that there are hundreds (if not 2,000-3,000) Zeenuts with coupons out there, but I believe that the vast majority of them are tied up in a small number of collectors who have been working on their respective runs over the past few decades.

Even if you look at the amazing Zeenut run that REA had in this Spring's auction, not a single example included the coupon.

M
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hey Marc
It does seem like they (Z's w/coupons) have dried up the last few years. I think there are some really great poses in the E136/7 series'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe137mastergroupfinala.jpg (77.3 KB, 190 views)
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Val Kehl

Currently, there is an eBay seller who has a cosiderable number of Zeenuts with coupons at what seem to me to be very high BIN prices: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Baseball-/21...lasvegas&rt=nc
I don't collect or follow Zeenuts, but there is one of this seller's cards that I'd really like to have - but, he would have to reduce his price by at least 50% to get my money!
Val
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Currently, there is an eBay seller who has a cosiderable number of Zeenuts with coupons at what seem to me to be very high BIN prices: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Baseball-/21...lasvegas&rt=nc
I don't collect or follow Zeenuts, but there is one of this seller's cards that I'd really like to have - but, he would have to reduce his price by at least 50% to get my money!
Val

I hear ya Val. I thought all of those ones on ebay are absurdly high but I guess they are only Crazy high .
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM

I agree with leon, there have been some crazy prices for Zeenut cards with coupons attached lately. Two or three years ago a beautiful 1913 Zeenut with coupon went for $350, I know because I sold it. I bet that card would go for close to 1k now. I also saw a red border 1918 in vgish shape in a smaller auction go for not much more than the 1918s without coupons used to go for about 4-5 years ago, so I am with ya leon, the Zeenut market is really sporadic.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I hear ya Val. I thought all of those ones on ebay are absurdly high but I guess they are only Crazy high .
I usually try and buy my cards for the difference BETWEEN absurd and crazy