NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Default Watch out for this seller [jpaol99] he is Honest!

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

Does anybody know this seller? [jpaol99]? Watch out for this seller I paid for an item and never received it. I emailed him two times and had no replys. Rob

Old 01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

I think i've baught cards from this person before and i think hes a fellow board member. (if he actually is the person i'm thinking about then you have nothing to worry about)

Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

I think he is a board member? I have bought stuff from him before without a problem...

Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Do you have an auction number for the item in question?

Old 01-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

The seller is Justin Manning and he is a board member. I have dealt with him before without problem.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I run in to Justin on occasion in the chatroom. Don't quote me on this but I believe I remember him saying that he was going out of town at some point between Christmas and New Years. This time of year is really hectic for some.

Is this the item here? If so, January 3rd might be a little quick to pull the trigger on the NEG this time in the year. Keep in mind that postoffices are also backed up both from Christmas and the 3-day layoff from this past Sunday through Tuesday (Gerald Ford day of rememberance).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110069809408

Old 01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

Uhhhh . . . IMO 2 weeks is awfully quick to be negging a seller no matter what time of the year it is.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

I was told by my post office when shipping cards a few days before christmas that it might be 2-3 weeks, for my cards that usually take 2-3 days. I think you errored in leaving a neg. and applying for refund so soon

Old 01-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Brian,

I was wondering if the NEG was from the poster here, that's why I inquired about the item number.

I'm thinking that this couldn't be the same item because that's barely 2 weeks and as you mentioned there were holidays, observances and a heavy load for the mail handlers during the holiday season. If this is the NEG in question then I would hope the poster would go through the steps necessary to remove the NEG from the feedback. Again, I wouldn't think that this is the same because that would be a bit premature for the NEG. I still can't figure that NEG out...

Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

There is no way a negative should be given this soon without some explanation, imo. I have left 2 negatives on ebay. Both stole from me. I would expect another few weeks, or so, before I would get really upset. good luck

Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

I know that its popular to quote the seller a price youll pay to end an auction early. Since youd be doing the deal outside of ebay, what assurances do you have that he wont just take your money and run? Atleast with ebay there is some sort of system to file on and you can leave negative feedback which has a deterent factor. I suppose if you pay with paypal they have a process as well, but what if you send a money order? Is it just sent on good faith?

Old 01-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

2 weeks wow. Sometimes I hold checks for 2 weeks. BTW There has been 5 days without US Mail since that card sold 2 weeks ago.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Way too fast on the trigger. (I better stop there)

Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

I have never blocked a buyer from bidding on my stuff...kevalley45 just became the first.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

There are so many reasons during holidays why mail is delayed and two weeks after auction closes to leave this negative when someone has 100% positive is absurd, we are blocking this bidder also. Absolutely irresponsible of this bidder to do this drastic measure to anyone on e bay unless their is a pattern of burning people which there is not.....

Old 01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

If I were you, I'd do what I could to remove the negative feedback and be a tad more patient. It will serve you well.

Daniel

Old 01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: paulstratton

I don't think Bigb13 is the same guy/girl who left a negative. I searched items sold by jpaol99 and bigb13 bought a goudey from him around the same time.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

Why hasn't Bob responded to his thread?

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator

The following is probably the item in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86847&item=110070207303

It doesn't appear that he has left any feedback. He's probably concerned about the item not yet arriving. I wouldn't say it's time to hit the panic button because the seller, up to this point, had over 600 feedbacks and only one negative. Well, until a day or so ago. The person that left the negative is wrong in their action because it's just over two weeks since the auction ended. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were the seller. That is a completely unwarranted NEG on that persons part.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

I think it was the 52 Scoops Ruth card that had the negative and it was kevalley45 that left the negative for this seller after 2 weeks, could this be another id of same buyer?...does not appear to be a smart call under the circumstances of Christmas/New Years and slow mail plus the possibility of vacations...

Old 01-06-2007, 05:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt E.

Can a Negative be removed? I was always under the impression it was permanent. I am waiting on 4-6 bubble envelopes today from the same time period. Watch all mine come today as well the card in question. Don't believe Ebay will do anything until you are 30 days out from the end of auction. The mail really has been jammed up.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

_can a neg be removed?_ Yep, both ratings are taken off.

* When feedback is withdrawn, the positive, negative, or neutral rating associated with that feedback comment will no longer show or count in your feedback score. However, the feedback comment itself will remain. blah blah blah

Also, If the Neg'r leaves a profane, vicious comment, it can be unilaterally removed/Safeharbor. It's best if you get a -, to hope the guy is really po'd

Old 01-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

the neg was for the ruth card

the poster here bought a 20.00 card 2 weeks ago and is already freaking?

sigh, the mail had all those off days, plus the mail from the midwest has been slower due to the snow.

Steve

Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

I do suggest caution is always useful before giving out a negative.
I knew a perfect seller who at one point never had any negs on his record

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rtheplayer>

Do you really think the buyers felt any better about their negs when they found out what really happenned.

Rich

Old 01-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Here is the auction. Rob                                         http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AME WN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110070207303&rd=1&rd=1 In the first place I am not leaving a Neg. I know it is only 2 or 3 weeks. The only thing that pisses me off is when a person pays with paypal right away I don't think it should take 2,3 or even 4 weeks to receive an item. I know it's the Holidays so it thats a little longer. I emailed him two times and have not gotton any responce. Just answer an email for gods sake, how hard is that? And for you sellers that would block me from bidding on one of your auctions just because I want my card well so be it. I pay right away and if you don't like that BLOCK ME. Rob

Old 01-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Rob,

Thanks for clarifying which auction it was. It's good to see you didn't NEG the seller. Since it is the holidays I'd give it a little extra time. I know people that take off for a couple of weeks around the holiday season and they don't bring their computers with them. Now that's the life... not being tied to the internet...

Old 01-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Yes but with my cell phone I can go on ebay 24/7/365. Rob

Old 01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Also glad you didn't neg. the seller Rob, but you sure as heck are wound awfully tight......
Looking at the sellers feedback, kick back, check out the scans from the auction every now and then, and feel reasonably comfortable that your itch is about to be scratched awfully soon

Regards and enjoy your collecting.

Daniel

Old 01-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Administrator

LOL,

I just hate being ignored. I always answer emails that I receive. Rob

Old 01-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

I want my cards now ! WHat irritates the dickens out of me is you can have someone on the BST list something...you get their payment out IMMEDIATELY and 2 weeks go by and nothing....couple of emails and... oh , i couldnt make it to the post office this week. I will send it "Wells Fargo stagecoach " in the morning,uh -uh. Have comm- unication AND mutual respect.

aLL buyers should be notified if one takes a vacation to Nambia over the holidays, it is only right !

Negative, not yet ....I would give a warning chot stating my feelings though.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Administrator

That's right at least tell people if you are going away and when they will be back to mail the card. Rob

Old 01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Heh...I won this auction in early December and not only did I have to pay the auction house, but I had to seperately arrange shipping through their shipper. When I called him he was on his way to Florida and didn't know when he was going to get back so he could ship my items. One would think if someone is going to make you arrange shipping with a seperate entity that that person would be around to ship peoples items out.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290055717169&rd=1,1

If I don't have my stuff by mid January then I'll make some phone calls.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

I agree with Dan K. I normally pay for an item within 30 minutes after the close of the auction. How long does it take to put a card in a padded bag and put it in the mail? If you can't ship the item immediately then email the purchaser. Use common courtesy and respond to emails. If you are going on vacation then plan your auctions so they don't end immediately before or during your vacation.

I have my own 10 pound electronic scale ($39.99 at the Post Office), my own Postal rate chart, and an assortment of stamps, so when someone pays me for an auction I can mail the item within twenty four hours. This way I don't have to stand in line at the Post Office. For larger items print the label and postage from the PayPal website or use Click and Ship at USPS.com.

As for buying and selling on the BST, (Leon, thank you for this great free service!), a little respect and courtesy will go a long way. If you make an offer to purchase an item and I send a confirmation email with payment instructions, then please respond to the email so I know how and when you will be paying for the item. If I email you in regard to purchasing your item, even if the item is sold, please let me know. If you sell an item then go back to your post and put SOLD in the title so everyone knows the situation.

Thanks for letting me vent! Rick

Old 01-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

dan,that inmanauctions feedback stinks. you have to arrange for a separate shipper? that is a joke. i imagine that was a good price on the item you got. hope it works out for you.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Thanks for the well written post. I usually mail my cards I sell within 2 days. If I specify something else I do it. The main thing, like everyone says, is to communicate. When you say you are going to do something, then do it. I want to say again that I do want to hear about unpleasant issues on the BST pages. If I hear of too many about one person, or if any are very serious, I will take action. I gave one board member a final warning yesterday. I can't/won't police over there too much but I need folks to tell me about bad dealings. I put on my "manager cap" on each issue. I have had a few calls over the last year or two about people changing their minds after they said they would buy/sell something. As long as no one is ripped off, or out any money, and it's not a frequent issue with that person then so be it. If you do hundreds or thousands of deals there might be a time when you don't feel good, right after the fact, and change your mind. It's the way the situation is handled that makes the difference. I believe I know of less than $50 of theft that has gone on, on the BST pages in a year and a half. Actually, it's only one $25 card...and that person is not allowed to come back until it's made good. It was a 3 way trade too....Not a bad record over there....but remember, ask for big scans, know your other party or get references (it's easy on this board) and caveat emptor. Happy collecting.....

Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator

I checked the feedback before I bid and I took a chance hoping that the Our National Game album has all the lithographs in it...if it does then this was a tremendous deal. I am also not sure what the lot of photographs is supposed to be. Since the ONG album was put out in the 1880s it could be something special or maybe some kid got a hold of one in the 1940s and cut out newspaper photos to paste into it? Hopefully I will be receiving it soon. Of course that Orcherade fan is pretty cool too.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Administrator

OK today is Jan 8 and nothing yet no card or email. Rob

Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Agreed, you paid immediately and expect similar service. Seller should at least let the buyer know. On items that sold during past vacations, I've brought the packages along (they're just large envelopes)and shipped from Florida.

I'm still awaiting a gehrig, PP'd immediately 12-16. The lazy seller (who lied on shipping info)needs to get off his fat ass, I'm po'd and should be. I've put up with this a few times before and won't any longer. This guy will be getting a negative and subsequently, so will I.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator

I recieved a phone call from the shipper yesterday on my lot and was told the cost of shipping will be $35!!!! For UPS Ground.

I knew what I was in for going in so I'm not going to complain...much. I think I will leave a neutral feedback just because it took so long to get the item and to let others know that you might get your stuff right away or maybe the guy will go on vacation and you will get it whenever he gets around to it.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Don't do it, wouldn't be prudent.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

remembering pre paypal and even today, many sellers give buyers 10 - 14 days to deliver payment. In their minds, they understand than not all buyers are running around with nothing else to do in their lives but ebay, and expect only a reasonable effort to be expended in making payment. Then there is some turn around time, and an available day to go to the post office, and yada yada.
Similarly, I would imagine, those Sellers who give longer payment times also do not feel like they are 'on the clock' with buyers to make sure an item ships. And that doesn't necessarily change even if they recieve payment immmediately via paypal. They may do a lot of trade and have a schedule they've used for years in dealing on ebay, and that system isn't going to just change overnight because of the expeidency now afforded by paypal.
I know I am always both impatient for items to arrive, and also mindful of my impatience......

Just another perspective.

Daniel

Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

SM, Not saying that Robert should respond the same. His seller had just disappeared. My circumstance is quite different different.

It's not so much the three weeks, I doubt I've been scammed.
If the guy had just said, 'I can't send yet because ___' -insert any sensible reason, I normally would and do just bite the bullet. This seller is a cocky punk. I'd been friendly and non-confrontational from the beginning. A few days ago, I told him to cancel, but apparently the card had been mailed (twice). Oh yea, still no tracking number. I know less about selling than anyone online, but I know enough to not bite the hand...

I find no pleasure in giving one, even to this discourteous guy. But I'd expect and deserve a big fat Neg from a buyer I had treated likewise.

I will consider another chance when I throw these issues at him when it's over and I've cooled. If he gives an inadequate response, then it will happen.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator

My guy must have took a month off. Rob

Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Administrator

So how long should I wait before I file a claim with paypal? Sellers can just disapear check out this guy 100% positive feedback and he is gone. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AME DW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180067851987&rd=1&rd=1Rob

Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Have you tried to get the contact information from ebay and giving Justin a call yet?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator

No, I did not why would I think he would answer the phone? Rob

Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

With the USPS.....no telling if he mailed your card out the next day and its just hung up somewhere. He probably should have sent you some sort of tracking number right away...or at least an email saying its on its way. But again with the Post Office who knows...still pretty sure it will show up. The negative feedback you can wait I believe 90 days from auction date....so wouldn't get in a hurry yet.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

An email from him would be fine just to let me know he is alive.Rob

Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Maybe his computer crashed. He hasn't posted here and it looks like he has had no ebay activity since December as well. A phone call might be the right way to go.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Why do I have to do this, if he is a reputable seller then he should contact me. If his computer crashed he can go to any library and use the one's they have. Rob