NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-27-2020, 11:31 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I dont think you can can just gloss over what he was accused of in the context of everyone saying he was a great husband...and its a bit of a disservice to the victim that he apologized too especially in this Me too age..

however he did appear to take a lot of of positive steps and was on the way for bigger and better things... basketball wise people forget about the issue of high school to NBA..i think jermaine o'neal also came out that year as well....
Who was glossing over what he did? I certainly wasn't. I merely stated that I wasn't going to talk about it here. I don't believe in badmouthing the dead. Everybody knows what he was accused of. This isn't the time or place to drag it up.

And I didn't say he was a great husband. I said he was a great father. Others may have, but please don't include me with them.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:54 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Who was glossing over what he did? I certainly wasn't. I merely stated that I wasn't going to talk about it here. I don't believe in badmouthing the dead. Everybody knows what he was accused of. This isn't the time or place to drag it up.

And I didn't say he was a great husband. I said he was a great father. Others may have, but please don't include me with them.
Right, there are many in the media saying he was a great husband. I am not badmouthing , i am correcting the media version. If no one said anything, i wouldnt be bringing up any negative issues.

I do think however, being a great father when you are married and living together with your wife also involves being a good husband which is the example you are setting to your kids as father as well so they are not mutually exclusive..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-28-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:01 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

I'm not surprised to see Pistol Pete's name being thrown around a lot now. Both he and Kobe were almost the same age when they passed; they were both amazing players who played as guards, and most importantly, they both loved helping others.

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from Kobe here, but he was lucky to have played for an organization that always wants to win.

What would have happened if the Pistol had played for the Lakers? Just think of a backcourt consisting of him and Jerry West - wow! And he would have been passing the ball to guys like Wilt Chamberlain and a young Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Instead, he ended up on crappy teams and now you don't hear about him much.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:21 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I'm not surprised to see Pistol Pete's name being thrown around a lot now. Both he and Kobe were almost the same age when they passed; they were both amazing players who played as guards, and most importantly, they both loved helping others.

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from Kobe here, but he was lucky to have played for an organization that always wants to win.

What would have happened if the Pistol had played for the Lakers? Just think of a backcourt consisting of him and Jerry West - wow! And he would have been passing the ball to guys like Wilt Chamberlain and a young Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Instead, he ended up on crappy teams and now you don't hear about him much.
The what would of happened argument to me doesnt hold merit. Having the opportunity and coming through is always going to be higher than someone who never had the opportunity. Its an unknown versus a known. Is what it is, life isnt fair. There have been great players on great teams that dont win...... cant hold someone down for coming through when given the opportunity to the level of someone that 'what would have happened if'
Old 01-31-2020, 05:45 PM

Last edited by howard38; 09-10-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:21 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard38 View Post
It's also worth wondering what he would have done had there been a three-point shot when he was in his prime. He played only one season w/a three point line & he hit twelve of twenty-one shots as a broken down bench player.
three point shot to me has hurt the game....there were lots of 10th guys on the bench 20 years ago that would now be starters or main subs..just for standing int he corner and hurling 3's..without much of any other game

duncan robinson would not be a starter 20 years ago. craig hodges was deep on the bulls bench back in Jordan's day and now he would get 20 mins a game... i know there is a '3' and 'D' players out there but now there are just '3' and no D players....the 3 point line being worth 50% more than 2 is a huge thing......you cant sit in the paint for 3 seconds....why can you just sit there in on the wings for 24 seconds ..defense cant cover the 3 point line...should be a time limit at least...
Old 01-29-2020, 04:15 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post

Well said Bill....Keep in mind though that your are responding to an idiot....
Old 01-29-2020, 04:19 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Well said Bill....Keep in mind though that your are responding to an idiot....
He actually is agreeing with me about my point about being a great husband so unsure what you mean..

you have been warned by Leon in the past on responses to my posts....here we go again

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-29-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:58 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
He actually is agreeing with me about my point about being a great husband so unsure what you mean..

you have been warned by Leon in the past on responses to my posts....here we go again
Leon is the one who gave YOU an infraction for your bullshit on my threads yesterday! Why is that? You have got a mental problem obviously... Should I post the email from Leon this morning you stupid dumbass???? Get a freaking life... LEAVE me alone, dont inquire about my cards, dont email me about anything, Dont PM me about anything....Is that plain enough?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:40 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Leon is the one who gave YOU an infraction for your bullshit on my threads yesterday! Why is that? You have got a mental problem obviously... Should I post the email from Leon this morning you stupid dumbass???? Get a freaking life... LEAVE me alone, dont inquire about my cards, dont email me about anything, Dont PM me about anything....Is that plain enough?
yes you can post that and the message he sent to us today.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

This is supposed to be a Kobe Bryant memorial thread. Could you guys post this garbage somewhere else?
Old 02-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
This is supposed to be a Kobe Bryant memorial thread. Could you guys post this garbage somewhere else?
That has been addressed with PMs to both members. Anymore interactions, whatsoever, between the 2, and the first one who says anything gets suspended for a week. That feud on this forum should be over.
Sorry for the distraction on the Kobe thread. It is a real tragedy.

Last edited by Leon; 02-02-2020 at 09:26 AM.