NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 05-28-2022, 07:45 AM
pete ullman

Default Gun ownership poll

There is no question this country has a gun problem. I'm just looking to sample this community out of curiosity.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:12 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

Got rid of my guns when I had my first kid. Don't currently own one but I do support responsible gun ownership. I come from a hunting background perspective and was taught to respect guns and people which is completely different than thug street violence and unstable kids having access to assault weapons.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 05-28-2022, 08:23 AM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
There is no question this country has a gun problem. I'm just looking to sample this community out of curiosity.
Zero. (edited as there could have been a hint of politics previously and I did not know that was a rule until mentioned below)

Last edited by Smanzari; 05-28-2022 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:35 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I own zero guns. I hesitate to comment further due to the "don't talk politics" rule.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 05-28-2022, 01:54 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I own some guns.

Some of them are for fun sporting use.

Many of them are for historical interest + fun sporting use.

2 of them are for defensive use.

Last edited by G1911; 05-28-2022 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:17 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I currently own 5.

Three are Winchester Model 94s - my favorite gun of all time. It's a lever action repeating rifle that was first made nearly 130 years ago. The design hasn't changed much since then. One is a 30-30 and the other two are 44 magnums. One of the 44 magnums was my grandfather's that was passed down to me.

I own a Remington 870 Super Express 12 gauge shotgun.

I own a Glock 19 9MM (sometimes referred to as a "Baby Glock" because of it's smaller dimensions). It's small enough that it even fits in my front pocket and it's what a carry for personal protection. It's almost never more than an arm length's away.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:54 PM
Ben North

I own 6 and haven't shot any of them in many many years.

Beretta 32
Walther PPK 380
These are the same models James Bond used in the movies.

Ruger P89 9mm I have 30 round clips for this pistol and it used to be very fun to target shoot and hunt with.

Mossberg Ulti Mag shotgun 12 guage

Remington 30.06 bolt action rifle

Savage single shot 22 rifle. Got it from my great grandpa as a kid.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:20 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I own zero guns. I hesitate to comment further due to the "don't talk politics" rule.
thats what the water cooler section is 4!!!!
Old 05-28-2022, 10:28 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I own a few guns. Nothing more to say.
Old 05-29-2022, 01:48 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
thats what the water cooler section is 4!!!!
Good to know, Pete. A little bit to add, then–

The vast majority of Americans, including me, support the right of an individual to own a gun. The second amendment isn't going anywhere, and no one is coming to take away anyone's guns anytime soon as long as they were legally obtained. That said, law enforcement, educators, and the public overall think that something, however small, should be done in order to try and make mass murders of schoolchildren less of a regular occurrence in our country. Sadly, I'm not optimistic that anything meaningful will happen at the federal level, as lawmakers (on both sides of the aisle) are far more concerned about losing their jobs than they are about preventing needless deaths.

I'm sure people have heard about what Gabe Kapler is doing (on which I have no comment), but the quotes from other managers in this article about Kapler are notable:

1) "I think he's exactly right to be concerned ... with what's happening in our country... He's right there." -Tony La Russa

2) "I think we're all frustrated, especially in this country ... Nobody's happy" -Chris Woodward

3) "I do believe that we need to figure something that's better for everybody's lives because what we have now is not working at all." -Dave Martinez

4) "I don't think any of us are happy with what's going on in our country. " -Dave Roberts

It seems the one thing most Americans do agree on these days is that our country is in bad shape and getting worse.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry

Last edited by BobbyStrawberry; 05-29-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

The aftermaths of these terrible tragedies have become even more predictable than the tragedies themselves.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:01 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
That said, law enforcement, educators, and the public overall think that something, however small, should be done in order to try and make mass murders of schoolchildren less of a regular occurrence in our country. Sadly, I'm not optimistic that anything meaningful will happen at the federal level, as lawmakers (on both sides of the aisle) are far more concerned about losing their jobs than they are about preventing needless deaths.
I am a history teacher and have to teach factors. Not being political here, but gun violence has multiple factors. Other than new gun restrictions, all the others cost money that most people don't want to pay. Cheaper college is a factor that could lead to more teachers who are people of color. It could lead to more mental health experts. It could lead to lower wealth inequality. I'm not advocating college debt forgiveness, but fixing college debt for younger generations would go a long way to solving some of our societal ills as youth see the barrier of cost to entering these fields reduced.

In Spokane, WA, we have too few mental health beds for those who need supervision. They end up in our hospital system and puts a burden on our health care system. Nurses become one-on-one baby sitters.

Another factor is social media. Every study has shown social media makes life worse for majority of citizens. In schools, social media has a toxic effect. There certainly has to be something that could be done better than Elon Musk asking for fewer free speech restrictions on Twitter's platform.

This topic is so complex. I wish lawmakers would come together to create a comprehensive bill that addresses multiple factors. But as stated above, our current political climate makes that impossible. January 6 riots caused a lot of damage that hasn't been fixed. And I have no answers about how to solve that.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 06-03-2022, 03:24 PM
Charles
Cha.rles

Quote:
Ditto. (And I "identify" as Republican / right wing.)

- Charles

Check out my collection..........
http://ImageEvent.com/The_Cardfather

Check out my stuff for sale.........
(Message me for Net54 members direct sale discount.)
https://www.ebay.com/str/thecardfathersstore
Old 06-25-2022, 11:10 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Yes, I see your first comment.

Quote:
Many who cheer on the cadre of rich old men asserting their (and their supporters') ability to control women's bodies are the same ones who happily ignore the fact that AR-15s did not exist when the 2nd amendment was written (and of course that the rights in the constitution were only for white male property owners).
I'm sure a person reading the words can understand the disconnect between the two statements.

Last edited by G1911; 06-25-2022 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:19 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Yes, I see your first comment.
Correction - my second comment. My mistake. In it I write–

Quote:
The vast majority of Americans, including me, support the right of an individual to own a gun.
If you are seriously interested in discussion, throwing around "your side" is not really conducive to that, especially when the above is the only personal statement I have posited regarding second amendment rights.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:29 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Correction - my second comment. My mistake. In it I write–

If you are seriously interested in discussion, throwing around "your side" is not really conducive to that, especially when the above is the only personal statement I have posited regarding second amendment rights.
I think there are clearly two sides in the debate, those in favor of light to no regulation and those in favor of heavy regulation or total ban. Actually, I don't think that. That's a pretty undeniable reality.

I apologize if I miscategorized you. I made the contextual assumptive leap that your post had some bearing on the topic of the thread and the present debate in it. If your criticisms are only applicable to the Mississippi decision, I'm not sure why it is here. That really should be a separate thread, if you are saying your statement has nothing to do with the topic and I am wrong to think that it did.
Old 05-28-2022, 05:19 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

I already have one expensive hobby collecting vintage, I can’t afford another

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2022, 06:12 PM

I have never owned a gun in my life and I felt very uncomfortable whenever I had a loaded one in my hands and shot it. I'm cool with banning AR-15's and similar guns from anyone under 25. As far as confiscating legally owned guns from law abiding legal adult owners, no way. Go confiscate the stolen and illegal hand guns in the possession of gang members, thugs, and felons on the south side of a certain city.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:39 AM
Tim Odeen

I own zero.

I was in Boy Scouts, had experience shooting shotguns and rifles. Been shooting with friends. Really enjoy shooting Ruger 10/22.

My father was an officer in the military, he never wanted a gun in the house. My mother's father committed suicide with a gun before I was born.

I thought about buying a Ruger 10/22 a few years ago but then I went thru some mental health issues. Probably shouldn't ever buy one now.

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-29-2022 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:08 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 09-01-2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:49 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

I own zero. Too lazy to learn how to use one properly so it would be dangerous to have in the house, especially with kids that find their way into everything.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:27 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I thought about buying a Ruger 10/22 a few years ago but then I went thru some mental health issues. Probably shouldn't ever buy one now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
I own zero. Too lazy to learn how to use one properly so it would be dangerous to have in the house, especially with kids that find their way into everything.
I respect these two statements a lot and their admission why they don't own guns. You don't have to be a gun owner to practice responsible gun ownership. Sometimes responsible gun ownership is not owning one.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:25 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 09-01-2022 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:52 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I respect these two statements a lot and their admission why they don't own guns. You don't have to be a gun owner to practice responsible gun ownership. Sometimes responsible gun ownership is not owning one.
That's where I am. I knew for years I was forgetful and disorganized. The add diagnosis was pretty much just confirmation.

That means I knew for sure I'd be the guy that left it in is pocket, or let it fall into the couch and shot himself in the backside. The easiest way to avoid that is to never own one, so... None owned.

I have friends who target shoot and have hunted, and I grew up in semi rural areas. So I'm comfortable with them as long as the people around me are responsible.

It's more than a little silly for someone living in a suburban area to tell someone living in a rural area they can't have a gun. We don't have much dangerous wildlife here in New England, but I've heard wild hogs, and mountain lions can be very iffy to be around. If I was hiking in areas where either were common, I'd want something, or to at least have a hiking partner who did.
Old 07-19-2022, 08:47 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
This was your first post. You came back a few pages later to do your weird "ok" and random-jab stalking you were doing after you got upset I called PWCC a fraud ring. Then you flipped around and this position that you don't own one because you are lazy and don't want to learn to use it safely (which is a reasonable and good decision), turned into proposing complete and total de facto bans on everyone else, nuclear weapons, and more. You seem to be shifting back to trying to sound reasonable again, but the sequence does not sound like this is entirely sincere at all.

Many people in here disagree with me; some with worse points than I think you have made. I believe them all to be sincere.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:11 AM
Chris Eberhart

Quote:
Have to be in complete disagreement with this statement. What we are seeing is a symptom of a much larger problem. Lots of moving parts here and guns aren’t it.

1) Liberal takeover of the educational system
2) The internet
3) First person shooter video games
4) Unlimited availability to pornography
5) Food additives
6) Overall dietary changes from fats to carbs
7) Unknown medication conflicts
8) Contaminated water supplies
9) Hollywood

Possible Solution:

1) Equal balance of Liberal & Conservative thought in schools
2) Limit under 18 internet access
3) Eliminate underage access to first person shooter video games
4) Eliminate underage access to pornography
5) Purify the food supply
6) Balance underage diets
7) Limit medications for children have long track records
8) Purify the water supply
9) Eliminate underage access to violent and sexual media content

Prediction: In 1 generation most of the problems subside.

The less expensive way out of this is blaming guns. If we as a nation don’t want the Liberty then there is a mechanism to remove it. Otherwise it stays in place.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:54 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwobhm View Post
Have to be in complete disagreement with this statement. What we are seeing is a symptom of a much larger problem. Lots of moving parts here and guns aren’t it.

1) Liberal takeover of the educational system
2) The internet
3) First person shooter video games
4) Unlimited availability to pornography
5) Food additives
6) Overall dietary changes from fats to carbs
7) Unknown medication conflicts
8) Contaminated water supplies
9) Hollywood
Imagine being a naïve, easily manipulated, confused young kid nowadays, (let alone a fully grown adult), and being bombarded with critical race theory, gender reclassification, multiple genders, gender reassignment, white privilege, BLM, antifa, cancel culture, defund the police, covid, vaccines, mandates and passports, lockdowns, pregnant men, fake news, social media, global warming (and being told you only have 8 to 12 yrs to live), and still having to deal with all the normal problems and issues most teenagers face like hormone changes, trying to fit in, girls/boys, school, your future, and a whole myriad of other things.

It's not hard, but hard for some it seems, to see which party is pushing all this B.S., but yet they will defend come hell or highwater everything they are doing without giving any thought whatsoever to what it is doing to our world today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg schooling.jpeg (93.6 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by irv; 06-02-2022 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:37 AM
Joel

As a nearly 20 yr teacher I’ll chime in on just the educational front.

1. A school I taught at for 8 years was compromised by an ex student who shot out a side door. Luckily the school and law enforcement received information that this was about to happen from his mother. Police were on the scene immediately and entered behind him.

2. The school had locked internal doors that the shooter tried but couldn’t enter classrooms. The camera system allowed the principal to keep LEO updated in real time where the shooter was.

3. His gun choice imo was a huge factor in only him dying. A bolt action rifle. The idea that high capacity magazines aren’t a problem in these events seems to ignore school massacre evidence. Each time this happens law enforcement talks about how they were out armed. This particular time they weren’t and the shooter took his life knowing he was cornered in a stairwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2022, 09:37 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

275440238_3131908303764493_5208242249982181210_n.jpg275569253_10227288217373923_6763651897885935029_n.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-09-2022, 10:05 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
That side by side pic of Ortiz is awesome.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:04 AM
D@le Irv*n

How old are you?

Just because you don't find this topic, in the off topic section, important, interesting nor wish to engage in conversation about it doesn't mean that others don't.

Would you like it if someone did the same to one of your threads or posted random, off topic pics in one of your BST posts for example?
Old 06-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
How old are you?

Just because you don't find this topic, in the off topic section, important, interesting nor wish to engage in conversation about it doesn't mean that others don't.

Would you like it if someone did the same to one of your threads or posted random, off topic pics in one of your BST posts for example?
+1...and it's against the rules that few have read. They have been posted since day 1....

Last edited by Leon; 06-09-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:23 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
How old are you?

Just my opinion but subjects like this have no real conversations going on. You have people posting their very biased opinions. No one is going to change that opinion so threads like this turn into name calling because we all believe we are correct and others are idiots on the subject.

Personally I enjoy reading them as humor and the silly/funny pictures add to that enjoyment. I am 53 if that matters.

Last edited by bnorth; 06-09-2022 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:34 PM
Scott
Scott All.en

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Just my opinion but subjects like this have no real conversations going on. You have people posting their very biased opinions. No one is going to change that opinion so threads like this turn into name calling because we all believe we are correct and others are idiots on the subject.

Personally I enjoy reading them as humor and the silly/funny pictures add to that enjoyment. I am 53 if that matters.
I don't know about this. I'm a gun owner and I'm actually starting to change my mind on parts of the debate. For example, would it be terrible to have to be 21 to buy a gun?

I think that when you have to write your opinion, as opposed to shouting it on tv, it's more likely to influence others' opinions - at least those who know how to read and are willing to read opposing views. I actually enjoy these threads once in a while.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:48 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Guns

One rifle and 3 handguns. Target shooting for sure and safety at home second.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:24 PM

I'm the proud owner of two machine guns NFA weapons I'm at 10 and an AK-47 just something to think about sometimes when somebody comes to the house I don't know who you are or what you are but you're a real idiot we're proud American people we like baseball cards the American pastime don't know who you are what you are but it doesn't sound like anybody I want to know or want to be involved with you have a blessed day you and yours

Sent from my TMRVL4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2022, 07:37 AM

I collect post war baseball cards and machine guns

Old 11-17-2022, 07:55 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi.furball View Post
I collect post war baseball cards and machine guns

Awesome, post some pictures.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:19 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Got to combine them for it to be cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.JPG (97.7 KB, 249 views)
Old 11-17-2022, 12:10 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

It's the thread that just won't die!
Old 11-17-2022, 12:36 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
It's the thread that just won't die!
Should I bump up the covid vaccine thread or have you finally learned they are garbage and did absolutely nothing, unless you consider making things worse, something?

I have lots of these too that MSM also didn't tell you. Ever wonder why they try so hard to keep relevant information away from the public? Think, just maybe they, MSM, are told what to talk about and show you?

https://youtu.be/UD7q7vZtbMY
Old 11-21-2022, 06:57 AM

Like vehicles, guns should be used responsibly. I see little difference between an irresponsible gun owner and a drunk driver. I support law abiding gun owners.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:10 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

1950's sluggers exercising their right to bare arms. And bear arms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ted-Kluszewski.jpg (64.0 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg 1938---Gunning-As-A-Pastime.jpg (43.4 KB, 194 views)
Old 11-21-2022, 09:33 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

George Carlin put it best as far as I am concerned:

Everyone in this country is running around yammering about their fucking rights. "I have a right, you have no right, we have a right."

Folks I hate to spoil your fun, but... there's no such thing as rights. They're imaginary. We made 'em up. Like the boogie man. Like Three Little Pigs, Pinocio, Mother Goose, shit like that. Rights are an idea. They're just imaginary. They're a cute idea. Cute. But that's all. Cute...and fictional.

Now, if you think you do have rights, I have one last assignment for ya. Next time you're at the computer get on the Internet, go to Wikipedia. When you get to Wikipedia, in the search field for Wikipedia, i want to type in, "Japanese-Americans 1942" and you'll find out all about your precious fucking rights. Alright. You know about it.

In 1942 there were 110,000 Japanese-American citizens, in good standing, law abiding people, who were thrown into internment camps simply because their parents were born in the wrong country. That's all they did wrong. They had no right to a lawyer, no right to a fair trial, no right to a jury of their peers, no right to due process of any kind. The only right they had was...right this way! Into the internment camps.

Just when these American citizens needed their rights the most...their government took them away. and rights aren't rights if someone can take em away. They're privileges. That's all we've ever had in this country is a bill of TEMPORARY privileges; and if you read the news, even badly, you know the list get's shorter, and shorter, and shorter.

ALL THIS DEBATE ABOUT GUN RIGHTS IS AKIN TO DEBATING THE NUMBER OF ANGELS THAT CAN DANCE ON THE HEAD OF A PIN: FICTION. YOUR RIGHTS ARE WHAT FIVE ASSHOLES IN WASHINGTON DECIDE THEY ARE. PERIOD END OF STORY.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-21-2022 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:48 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Oh yay, it's starting over again.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:57 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Oh yay, it's starting over again.
It certainly is, and as you know, it is even worse up here.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

Now, if you think you do have rights, I have one last assignment for ya. Next time you're at the computer get on the Internet, go to Wikipedia. When you get to Wikipedia, in the search field for Wikipedia, i want to type in, "Japanese-Americans 1942" and you'll find out all about your precious fucking rights. Alright. You know about it.

In 1942 there were 110,000 Japanese-American citizens, in good standing, law abiding people, who were thrown into internment camps simply because their parents were born in the wrong country. That's all they did wrong. They had no right to a lawyer, no right to a fair trial, no right to a jury of their peers, no right to due process of any kind. The only right they had was...right this way! Into the internment camps.
You forgot to mention specifically WHO did this and WHO was responsible for it.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:55 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
You forgot to mention specifically WHO did this and WHO was responsible for it.
Irrelevant. The government does shitty stuff every day; the guardians (courts) are supposed to put a stop to it. Instead. the Supreme Court approved it. They are the true villains of the internment story because they failed to be the check on governmental overreach. As the recent Dobbs case makes crystal clear, all these 'rights' can be reconfigured whenever five idiots decide they want to do it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-23-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:34 PM
Tim Odeen

Had a hoax active shooter lockdown at my school today (North Central HS in Spokane, among others). It happened at the beginning of lunch. Many of my students were convinced it was connected with the teens who robbed three gun stores within the past month. Those shop robberies have spread a lot of rumors - true or false I don't know. Second article is about the lockdowns, and my school had it nothing like LCHS. SWAT came into my school and entered a few classrooms before the hoax was finalized.

https://www.kxly.com/spokane-police-...op-burglaries/

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...hools-in-lock/