NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-27-2022, 11:06 AM

Default Good source for listing of private signings?

Does anyone know of a good source for listings of upcoming private signings that accept mail order items? A lot of the old time players and tougher HOFers may only sign via private signings and I would love to be able to find them before the submittal deadlines pass (I just missed the Philly Show). I have used St. Louis Sports Collectors and PastPros but would love to find others that folks may know of. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2022, 11:07 AM

Sportscollectors.net They charge $15 a year and it's a tremendous website for private signings in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2022, 11:39 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebeckleyoldeagleeye View Post
Sportscollectors.net They charge $15 a year and it's a tremendous website for private signings in my opinion.
+1
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 02-27-2022, 03:18 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

In addition to the others, try googling “(athlete’s name) autograph signing”. It’s worked for me in the past.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:50 PM
d.ean

Signings hotline used to be great - https://signingshotline.com

I have sent items to Doug Keating at Cardboard promotions - http://www.cardboardpromotions.com

Detroit City Sports - https://www.detroitcitysports.com/upcoming-signings-1/

JP Sports - https://www.nyshows.org

MAB celebrity - https://www.mab-celebrity.com
Old 02-27-2022, 10:43 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebeckleyoldeagleeye View Post
+2, I have been a member there since 2002 and my collection has benefited greatly.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 02-28-2022, 05:55 AM
Curran Wilkinson

There is a Facebook group I use simply called “Baseball Private Signings” (it has a picture of Hank Aaron signing something as the background). A ton of promoters on there…
Old 02-28-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Signings hotline used to be great -
I have sent items to Doug Keating at Cardboard promotions - http://www.cardboardpromotions.com
I can't say enough about Doug. In a field polluted by crooks and imbeciles, Doug has always been a standout. Great communication, knows how to ship and has always been a man of his word. His prices tend to be cheaper than the competition, too. My only complaint is that he isn't in charge of every signing on the planet.

To be fair, and thankfully, there are others who do a great job. I'm definitely forgetting some names and will try to come back to this list as I think of others, but wanted to give credit where it's due. If you see any of these people conducting signings, I can't recommend them enough. Rest easy!

Jeff Fedorko
Tony Miller
Matt Liben
Darrell Halk
Miguel Santiago
Noel Martir Arcelay
Josh Matthews
Chris Rifon

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 02-28-2022 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:46 AM

Agree with the previous postings. Here's another one that has some.

https://www.cravetheauto.com/player-appearances
Old 02-28-2022, 08:07 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
I can't say enough about Doug. In a field polluted by crooks and imbeciles, Doug has always been a standout. Great communication, knows how to ship and has always been a man of his word. His prices tend to be cheaper than the competition, too. My only complaint is that he isn't in charge of every signing on the planet.
Agreed. I just got this back from a recent signing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1891_nomar.jpg (85.1 KB, 136 views)
Old 02-28-2022, 09:48 AM

Thanks everyone! All of this information is very helpful!

Does anyone know of someone taking mail orders for the Jack Morris signing at the Strongsville show between March 25-27? I need a couple of cards signed and would love opinions on someone reputable.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:14 AM
d.ean

I checked the website. It does not appear that mail order is an option. I would contact the promoter and see if mail order is possible. Perhaps someone on the board plans to attend the show.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingStock View Post

Does anyone know of someone taking mail orders for the Jack Morris signing at the Strongsville show between March 25-27? I need a couple of cards signed and would love opinions on someone reputable.
Morris does a lot of signings, and prices vary from promoter to promoter. One that I can recommend without a second thought when it comes to Morris is Waukesha Cards in Wisconsin. They know what they're doing and have a solid foundation in their wing of the industry. Also, prices are on the lower end of the spectrum for Morris. They usually have him at least once a year, so if you want a no-B.S. company, deal with them. The owner is Robb Dobratz. His friend Mark Grunske also sometimes takes orders for these signings separately (the prices are the same either way). Both these fellows can be trusted.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:00 PM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Quote:

There is a promoter on SportsCollectors.net currently taking items for Jack Morris for March 19th. (Deadline to receive items is March 11th.) Cards are listed at $60. If you are interested, I can send you his email address via a private message here. Let me know.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneen View Post
There is a promoter on SportsCollectors.net currently taking items for Jack Morris for March 19th. (Deadline to receive items is March 11th.) Cards are listed at $60. If you are interested, I can send you his email address via a private message here. Let me know.
That sounds great, please send me his details via PM if you don't mind! Thank you.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:23 PM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Quote:
That sounds great, please send me his details via PM if you don't mind! Thank you.
PM Sent
Old 03-06-2022, 07:10 AM
Mike Reid

The AthleteConnection handles the majority oh the Morris signings. Mark is a friend of mine and he does a fantastic job. None better as far as I can tell.