NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Al

Default New Member Intro

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself here. I am new to this site but have been collecting for almost 40 years. I have been a member on a few other sites but im really liking this site so far. already i see an amazing amount of knowledge here and some very great collections. I am happy to be here and hopefully I can help out when I can. I collect the following(signed in ballpoint pen)

HOF Autographs (with an focus on Perez Steele cards)

Dodger Autographs-(with a focus on the 1955 team, rowe/brace postcards, susan rini postcards anything brooklyn dodgers and the all time greatest dodgers)

Donruss Diamond Kings cards

HOF Game Used Relic cards

Brooklyn Dodgers Vintage Cards

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 02-16-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
$teve O.

Welcome Bam Bam.I remember you from SCF.There are some great members here.A lot of knowledge here.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:25 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Welcome Bam Bam! Let me know if you are looking to buy any 55 Dodgers autographs...I have the entire roster for sale...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Al

Hey Steve! Yes I remember you! So nice to see you here! Really Cool to see friends here

James, yes please! i can use a few for my collection! Thank you!

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 02-16-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:17 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Welcome...how far along are you on collecting Perez Steele's?
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Al

hello and thank you! i am at about 160 on the perez steeles so far!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Welcome! Aloha!

Bam Bam,

Welcome to the board. It is currently Negative 18 degrees outside of my house and even in Vermont that is VERY cold! I hope Hawaii is much better. I visited once, flew into Honolulu and then stayed on "The Big Island". Absolute paradise and did not want to leave!

I have a Dodger question that has stumped a few folks including myself. I have a 1998 donruss significant signature card #R3 of Koufax. All of the ones I have seen of this card are serial #red on the back to /2000 EXCEPT this one. This one is numbered SP14 where the /2000 is supposed to be!

I found it on Ebay with a buy it Now and the seller did not even notice the numbering so no luck with him. I am very happy with it as no one I have talked to has ever seen another so............any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much and take care,

Peace, Mike

003.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited by vthobby; 02-16-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Al

Aloha! Sorry about your weather. The best part about Hawaii is that even or worst day is the best day! As we say on the islands, there is no bad day in Hawaii!

Regarding the Koufax, I am no expert on those, however I have been collecting Dodger autographs for almost 40 years(i currently have over 1,200 different dodger players signed cards, almost have one of every single dodger player to have a baseball card issued of them, signed!) and have seen just about them all (dodger autos) and I can say I have seen those Koufax Cards before. One was SP10, another SP 25. i havent seen any others than that,so I am assuming those are Short print with a run of 25 (as ive never seen one numbered higher than 25) either way, it appears that you have a very limited production koufax autograph, so congrats! very cool!

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 02-16-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Awesome!

Thank you very much and congrats on your collection! I sometimes wish I could transport back to the 1950s and go to Ebbetts Field for a game and then ride the subway with some of the players and get some in person autos!

Take care, mike
Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Bam Bam,

Welcome to the board. It is currently Negative 18 degrees outside of my house and even in Vermont that is VERY cold! I hope Hawaii is much better. I visited once, flew into Honolulu and then stayed on "The Big Island". Absolute paradise and did not want to leave!

I have a Dodger question that has stumped a few folks including myself. I have a 1998 donruss significant signature card #R3 of Koufax. All of the ones I have seen of this card are serial #red on the back to /2000 EXCEPT this one. This one is numbered SP14 where the /2000 is supposed to be!

I found it on Ebay with a buy it Now and the seller did not even notice the numbering so no luck with him. I am very happy with it as no one I have talked to has ever seen another so............any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much and take care,

Peace, Mike

Attachment 179539

Attachment 179540
The card you have has him in a LA uniform and is short printed. From what I read Koufax didn't return the signed cards in time off the pack release so Donruss included a special Billy Williams mail in card in its place. If you pulled the Williams and sent it in you got back the LA Koufax as well as your Williams card. I'm not sure how many were produced but the card you have usually sells around 50% higher than the Brooklyn Koufax card from the same set. Nice pick up.
Drew