NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-11-2020, 04:50 PM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

Default Opportunity to purchased game used lot

Through a local connection where I live I have the opportunity to purchase a nice vintage game used lot. The lot includes his game used bat, Flip down sunglasses, cleats, and gloves. There are also a couple baseball cards and signed pieces.

The whole lot comes with provenance letters.

What do you feel would be a fair offer for the lot?

Last edited by sayheykid54; 08-15-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:59 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I would first ask them if they have any idea what they would want for the items. Whenever I am buying something I like to have a start point. The same goes when selling. The friends I sell to in Europe always want to know what I want for an item, usually a desirable Olympic autograph, so they can see where I am versus their possible offer.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 08-11-2020, 09:17 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

The cleats, bat, gloves, etc can all be priced by looking at past sales of similar items. The special item is obviously the watch, might have to do some serious research to find sales of similar ones. Nice little collection.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:13 PM
M@++ Cyganik

Similar to what Jim & Michael said. Ask the seller what they would like for it to at least gauge what they are thinking. At worst they get cold feet on a price because they want to maximize a deal and force you to name a price.

But if you look up some recent big-name auction houses for each item, you can get a sense for what each item goes for provided you are in context to the time (30s/40s) and desirability (Fox isn't a household name, but collectors will come for the Tigers/Red Sox association and the period era vintage - so don't compare it to HOF prices). From there you can glean a general value of each item and what you might feel comfortable offering.

If you do buy the lot and plan to split some stuff off, I'd be interested in the sunglasses.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Bob M

That's an incredible group of Pete Fox personal items. Best of luck to you on acquiring the magnificent lot. No uniform or jersey?
Old 08-12-2020, 11:03 AM

I'd just like that glove and sunglasses.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:01 PM

A die hard Tigers fan would probably pay pretty decently for the watch but the rest of the lot would have minimal value IMO. Even the bat is probably only a hundred dollar item.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:16 PM

nice glove.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:01 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

I'd pay $300 for the bat and a Tiger or Sox collector would probably go at least to $500. That is a really nice lot.

Last edited by Mark17; 08-13-2020 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:13 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I'd pay $300 for the bat and a Tiger or Sox collector would probably go at least to $500. That is a really nice lot.
Agreed. And a lot of the value is as an intact player group. It would be foolish to part out the items.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:44 AM
James C
Dennis Choraz.yczewski

How much would the presentation watch itself be worth? I understand that each player on the Championship Tigers team was presented one that year.