NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-27-2023, 03:15 PM
J@mes In.gram

Default Anyone Else Think The Bills Got Robbed?

And I'm a Dolphins fan. But I mean, come on. Sure looked like the NFL desperately wanted the Eagles to win that game. The most obvious horse collar tackle, ripping Josh Allen's jersey, in all of football history is a non call? Wow.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 11-27-2023, 03:56 PM
Dave

So the defense got the benefit of the doubt on a play on the QB for once? I think I'll let this one slide.

Anyways, the dangerousness of a horse collar generally happens when you pull a guy down from behind, as you're chasing him from behind, forcing his upper body to bend backwards onto his lower body. Looks like the defender had him in the grasp from the front, and......Josh Allen is a big boy....so he reached around to the back to get him all the way down.

Not necessarily the spirit of why a horse-collar tackle was deemed illegal to begin with.

BTW, from what I can tell, the front of his jersey was ripped. The horse collar rule is focused on the back of the uniform.

I can see why Bills fans might be upset, and they've had a disappointing season so far......but I've seen much worse calls then this from officials on a regular basis.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 11-27-2023 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2023, 04:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Eh. Wasn't that bad.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:41 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Agree with James pretty blatant. Refs blew it big time.

-Not a Bills fan, nor an Eagles fan

PS - Does anyone care that Bradley Cooper was there? Why did they show him 20 times, is he dating one of the Kelce's too?
Old 11-27-2023, 08:33 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Agree with James pretty blatant. Refs blew it big time.

-Not a Bills fan, nor an Eagles fan

PS - Does anyone care that Bradley Cooper was there? Why did they show him 20 times, is he dating one of the Kelce's too?
Cooper has been shown at other Eagles games including last year's Super Bowl. I believe he is originally from the Philadelphia area.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:28 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
Cooper has been shown at other Eagles games including last year's Super Bowl. I believe he is originally from the Philadelphia area.
Yes he's from Philly. He played an Eagles fan in Silver Linings Playbook--well, that wasn't really the focus of the role but you know what I mean.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:49 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Seemed apparent to me the NFL wanted the Eagles to win that game. Penalties were way out of whack.
Old 11-30-2023, 08:17 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I live near Philly and am an Eagles fan. Every week people post that the Eagles are being helped by the refs. OK to what end? They already lost a game so its not to have an undefeated season. They are way ahead in the standings and are almost a lock for playoffs already. So why do they need help from the NFL?

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 12-02-2023, 06:17 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
I live near Philly and am an Eagles fan. Every week people post that the Eagles are being helped by the refs. OK to what end? They already lost a game so its not to have an undefeated season. They are way ahead in the standings and are almost a lock for playoffs already. So why do they need help from the NFL?
This is a year of parity and scoring is down. My view is it helps the brand to have some semblance of a dominant looking team. Chiefs are oddly down a little. 49ers fell flat for a bit. Eagles seem to be the closest thing to a dominant team so doesn’t hurt to help them out a little. The game was pretty grossly reffed - not just the obvious huge miss on the horse collar turned intentional grounding.