NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 12-22-2022, 09:26 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Looks like you’ve spent your life studying this. Great conclusion you’ve reached through those rigorous studies.
Where do you think I am incorrect, with my facts or logic? Ad hominem is always a poor retort.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Where do you think I am incorrect, with my facts or logic? Ad hominem is always a poor retort.
Ha! Good luck getting a response to that!
Old 12-22-2022, 11:36 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Freezing Rain

Ice is expected to blanket the entire county here and in my little town there’s no way to avoid fairly steep hills to get in/out of town.
(So I won’t)

The nearby highway heading east is closed for about 50 miles due to ice/winds up to 75 mph .

My driveway and road in front of my house is a hockey rink.
It’s actually unsafe for people to leave their house. Driving is not advised.

So far we haven’t lost power here, but due to the weight of the ice on the lines, that’s usually inevitable. I’ve got plenty of baseball cards to read…

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 12-23-2022, 06:23 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I don't think it is controversial, or easily dismissed, that huge glaciers pushed south through the northern 2/3 of Minnesota about 10,000 years ago, carving out most of our 13,000 +/- lakes. Imagine how huge those ice sheets must've been, not just across, but thick and heavy enough to gouge big lake basins. Imagine how much ice expansion had to happen for these huge glaciers to move hundreds of miles, slowly changing the landscape.

And then imagine how extremely cold it must've been, even in summer, for those glaciers to continue to grow and expand, rather than melting away. And not just for one or two years, but probably hundreds if not thousands of years or more.

Now the thought of temps rising one or two degrees over the next 100 years throws some people into a panic.
This^^^. It's amazing what I am currently reading/hearing up here. One would think it's the end of times, life is over as we know it based on that. Our weather channel background is all bright red and the language they use, "Storm Warning" has a big lightning bolt coming down from the "T" in Storm.
It is still currently raining here and is +2c out. Zero snow, zero wind, just rain. Our supposed 20-30 cm's that we were supposed to get has now been dropped to a possible 5-10.
What happened to the days when they just said snow is on the way so make sure you have your snow shovels ready?
Fear, fear and more fear. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were trying to recondition us, brainwash us and reprogram us?
Climate crisis lockdowns are just around the corner just like covid was, you can bet on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post

Ha! Good luck getting a response to that!
It's their typical response when their little minds don't have anything in the form of a rebuttal or argument. Resorting to insults is their MO every time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg liberal10.jpg (27.8 KB, 192 views)
Old 12-23-2022, 06:40 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Ice is expected to blanket the entire county here and in my little town there’s no way to avoid fairly steep hills to get in/out of town.
(So I won’t)

The nearby highway heading east is closed for about 50 miles due to ice/winds up to 75 mph .

My driveway and road in front of my house is a hockey rink.
It’s actually unsafe for people to leave their house. Driving is not advised.

So far we haven’t lost power here, but due to the weight of the ice on the lines, that’s usually inevitable. I’ve got plenty of baseball cards to read…

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Stay safe and warm.

Woke up to frozen water today. For some reason I have a hot water line for my kitchen sink that they run next to the foundation. A hair dryer and about 20 minutes of heating the line from the sink going backwards worked.

Kinda my fault as I have thought about fixing it since we bought this house about a dozen years ago. Maybe this summer.

I am already tired of winter. We are on about day 10 of crap weather. Started out with a few day blizzard and now double digit below zero weather with 25+ mph winds. Looking at a balmy high of -4 today with a nice 25-30 MPH breeze.

Weatherman says by Tuesday we will be back to our normal high 20s temps for this time of year. That will be nice.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:01 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Over 90 and close to 100 percent of actual scientists know that humans are causing climate change. You will never believe them. You wouldn’t listen to a doctor about the vaccine and you wouldn’t listen to a climate scientist about, you know, the climate.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:31 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Ad hominem may be a poor retort, but an argument from incredulity isn't exactly dispositive because it makes no attempt to engage with the actual scientific evidence and, to a certain extent, ignores basic math.

Having spent my younger years in the creation vs evolution debate, I am generally loath to engage with science deniers. But, I would point out two things relative to your comment that "it's only 1 or 2 degrees."

First, that is an average temperature over the course of a full year. To use an oversimplified example, the average summer temperature of 25C (77F) and winter temperature of 5C (41F) yields the same annual temperature as 35C (95F) and -5C (23F). To a certain degree, this example can help understand the shift in language from "global warming" to "climate change." While global warming is technically correct since global averages are increasing, the use of climate change more accurately captures that climate is getting more extreme at both ends of the spectrum.

Second, the difference between average temperatures today and at the end of the last ice age is estimated to be 4-5 degrees C, which is also a small number. No big whoop, right?

And to get us back on subject, it is brass monkey weather here in central Oklahoma. The horses are going stir crazy after being stalled for the last 36 hours and they have another 24 hours to go before they get turned out.

Last edited by carlsonjok; 12-23-2022 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-23-2022, 03:13 PM
Doug Goodman

I just went out to bring in the trash cans in my bare feet.

I love living in CA.

Doug
Old 12-23-2022, 08:15 PM
Eric Perry

It's in the single digits here.

The "real feel" is "feels real cold."

Luckily, the snow has been light thus far; just enough to coat the lawn. Since it's likely going to be below freezing all weekend, I guess we've got a White Christmas by default.

No sustained strong winds; however, there have been gusts. I live in a somewhat heavily wooded area, though. There will likely be a tree or two down nearby before it's over. If one knocks out the power, I'll start up the generator and ride things out.

All in all, it could be worse. Still, I hate cold weather...and it's C-O-L-D out there.

Stay warm and safe, everyone.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-23-2022, 09:26 PM
Tim Odeen

10 degrees today (Spokane), not sure what it was with windchill. But we sure had a great time. My wife wasn't as gung-ho as I was, but she persevered in frigid temps.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 12-24-2022, 05:23 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

This is a picture I posted for family in Wisconsin yesterday with notation of "looks like we will have a little White Christmas". Today it is 2 with -15 wind chill. BUT --- we will be back to 50 degree weather by next Friday!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0098.jpg (210.9 KB, 195 views)
Old 12-24-2022, 08:17 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman1941 View Post
This is a picture I posted for family in Wisconsin yesterday with notation of "looks like we will have a little White Christmas". Today it is 2 with -15 wind chill. BUT --- we will be back to 50 degree weather by next Friday!!
Nice photo and wow on the temperature swing

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 12-28-2022, 06:12 AM
D@le Irv*n

1,200 Scientists and Professionals Declare: “There is No Climate Emergency”

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/18/...ate-emergency/

They blow up the effect of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, but ignore any beneficial effects. “CO2 is not a pollutant,” it says. “It is essential to all life on Earth. Photosynthesis is a blessing. More CO2 is beneficial for nature, greening the Earth; additional CO2 in the air has promoted growth in global plant biomass. It is also good for agriculture, increasing the yield of crops worldwide.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg climit3.jpg (36.9 KB, 135 views)
Old 12-28-2022, 06:23 AM
Ben North

It finally warmed up here. It is a amazingly nice 30 now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim.jpg (11.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg jim2.jpg (15.2 KB, 164 views)
Old 12-28-2022, 01:43 PM
D@le Irv*n

Wait, I was told green energy was the way of the future and all these new innovations like smart meters etc, wouldn't be used to control the population.
Conspiracy fact #274

If Germans are worried about getting through the Winter of 2023, they ain’t seen nothing yet. 2024 could be even worse, thanks to government bureaucracy. And yes, that goes for those environmentally-minded volk who are cruising the Autobahn in their EVs.

The cryptically-named Federal Network Agency has announced plans to empower German power grid operators to remotely limit home heat pumps and EV chargers. And this can be done without the customer’s permission. And lest German citizens think that they have the spring, summer, and fall to make adjustments, this policy is set to take effect next month. It should be running at full speed, so to speak, by the time winter rolls around next year.

Breitbart News cited the German publication Die Welt in explaining that the increasing number of electric cars in the country and the uptick in people using heat pumps for homes are environmentally friendly but are gobbling up power and are taking a toll on power grids.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...inter-n1656741
Attached Images
File Type: jpg climim1.jpg (23.3 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by irv; 12-28-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:15 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Wait, I was told green energy was the way of the future and all these new innovations like smart meters etc, wouldn't be used to control the population.
Conspiracy fact #274

If Germans are worried about getting through the Winter of 2023, they ain’t seen nothing yet. 2024 could be even worse, thanks to government bureaucracy. And yes, that goes for those environmentally-minded volk who are cruising the Autobahn in their EVs.

The cryptically-named Federal Network Agency has announced plans to empower German power grid operators to remotely limit home heat pumps and EV chargers. And this can be done without the customer’s permission. And lest German citizens think that they have the spring, summer, and fall to make adjustments, this policy is set to take effect next month. It should be running at full speed, so to speak, by the time winter rolls around next year.

Breitbart News cited the German publication Die Welt in explaining that the increasing number of electric cars in the country and the uptick in people using heat pumps for homes are environmentally friendly but are gobbling up power and are taking a toll on power grids.

You have convinced me (of something).
Old 12-28-2022, 08:52 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Conspiracy fact #274

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but understanding US EV infrastructure is not up to date is not a conspiracy. We have a big problem and it's nowhere near being resolved.

We have a significant housing crisis across the US. What do you think will be resolved first: electrical grid and infrastructure for EV, or housing shortage?

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 12-29-2022, 05:08 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but understanding US EV infrastructure is not up to date is not a conspiracy. We have a big problem and it's nowhere near being resolved.

We have a significant housing crisis across the US. What do you think will be resolved first: electrical grid and infrastructure for EV, or housing shortage?

Just follow the money and go with the Infrastructure for EV

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 12-29-2022, 05:47 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Conspiracy fact #274

We have been at or just above freezing so the ice covered roads are becoming a sloppy mess.

A link to a story from a former talk show host, we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim3.jpg (13.7 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by bnorth; 12-29-2022 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:00 AM

Back to shorts weather here. I actually had to wear a sweatshirt one day as it got down into the 20s. No snow though.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:32 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
You are touching on a key point here. The German plan to limit power to certain homes isn't part of any plot to subjugate the population. It is a means of controlling peak power demand when the potential exists for excess demand to strain and damage the network. The same thing is done here in the US in two ways. First, with smart meters that allow the utility to charge higher rates at peak times (and on the other side, customers to use Smart Hours plans to lower their bill.) Second, at times of excessive demand, like with Winter Storm Uri in 2021, power companies will implement rolling blackouts. The German plan is akin to surgery while rolling blackouts are basically blunt force trauma.

Here is the thing: everyone wants to have cheap, unlimited power available 100% of the time. Guess what? You can't have all three. At best, you can only have two. And it seems that in the US we've leaned heavily on cheap. Efforts by utilities to add generation capacity is usually met with protestations regarding the increased rates that would result. I am sure no one will be surprised that the loudest crowd about utility rates are often the same folks that embrace smart meter conspiracies.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:01 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Just follow the money and go with the Infrastructure for EV
This^
With the housing crisis going on for years and years now, I have no doubts whatsoever the EV push will continue leaps and bound above the housing crisis.
It's not hard to see, for those that choose to pay attention, that is exactly what is currently happening.

I wonder how many gave it any thought, with thousands and thousands of illegal, unchecked and unvaccinated alien's crossing our borders each and everyday and being spread throughout our countries, why our govt's were implementing vaccine passports and mandates on its own citizens?

Anyone paying attention to all the lies, the corruption and the censorship Elon Musk is exposing?
Musk, once a god of the left, is now being shunned, ridiculed and kicked to the curb (like we've seen so many times) for exposing all the lies and corruption of our govt's and the left's heads are absolutely exploding.
Nary a word lately about the promotion of Musk's EV's because the left is pissed they lost their platform they used to spread fake news and lies and all their lies, corruption and complicity is being exposed.
Of course, because that's what they're paid to do, the likes of CNN, MSNBC and The New York Times, etc, are all denying/covering for the left, but even they, despite their best efforts aren't having much luck because most people are finally starting to wake up.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...Czudvw7M8sAAAA
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...Cwsce-ptAsAAAA
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...DRreDj1LgsAAAA
https://twitter.com/murraymints82/st...Cg_aThhbssAAAA
Old 12-29-2022, 07:06 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
We have been at or just above freezing so the ice covered roads are becoming a sloppy mess.

A link to a story from a former talk show host, we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.
Ben, you seem like a nice guy but I can't say I've ever come across someone so naive and so misinformed than you.
You don't recognize the likes of CNN and MSNBC being fake news spreading propaganda sites and likely believe every word the spew to you as truthful and factual?
I'm unsure where you receive your news/info from but I can't help but believe it's from those I listed above or similar?
Old 12-29-2022, 07:27 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Ben, you seem like a nice guy but I can't say I've ever come across someone so naive and so misinformed than you.
You don't recognize the likes of CNN and MSNBC being fake news spreading propaganda sites and likely believe every word the spew to you as truthful and factual?
I'm unsure where you receive your news/info from but I can't help but believe it's from those I listed above or similar?
I feel the same way. You seem like a great guy but you have some beyond crazy conspiracy posts that are so far from reality I honestly can't imagine anyone actually believing it.

I do not care one bit about politics and never watch ANY news outlet. I go by my real life experiences. If you noticed you post links and usually I give real life experiences as to why I believe what I do.

Now back to the topic. How did the storm hit in your area? The mail here is way behind. I sent a 91 Topps DS Chipper Jones to a fellow member last Friday and I got a text it left a sorting facility 100 miles away this morning.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:37 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I feel the same way. You seem like a great guy but you have some beyond crazy conspiracy posts that are so far from reality I honestly can't imagine anyone actually believing it.

I do not care one bit about politics and never watch ANY news outlet. I go by my real life experiences. If you noticed you post links and usually I give real life experiences as to why I believe what I do.

Now back to the topic. How did the storm hit in your area? The mail here is way behind. I sent a 91 Topps DS Chipper Jones to a fellow member last Friday and I got a text it left a sorting facility 100 miles away this morning.
You seem to think I make up, edit, and write those links I post for some odd reason but that seems odd, being as you say you don't pay attention to politics nor watch any news outlets yet your views/belief's are very similar/same to those I mentioned above?
I know it's tough believing what is actually happening compared to what you believe/are told, but it is becoming more and more clear each and everyday, all those once conspiracy theories are coming true.

You remind me of my 83 yr old father. He watches CTV New/CNN and reads the Toronto Star. All very left leaning left propaganda sites and he thinks he is informed.
I cut him some slack because of his age and because there likely was a time in his life when the news was actually true and unbiased but it pains me at the same time to see what years of fake news and propaganda has done to him.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:51 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
You are touching on a key point here. The German plan to limit power to certain homes isn't part of any plot to subjugate the population. It is a means of controlling peak power demand when the potential exists for excess demand to strain and damage the network. The same thing is done here in the US in two ways. First, with smart meters that allow the utility to charge higher rates at peak times (and on the other side, customers to use Smart Hours plans to lower their bill.) Second, at times of excessive demand, like with Winter Storm Uri in 2021, power companies will implement rolling blackouts. The German plan is akin to surgery while rolling blackouts are basically blunt force trauma.

Here is the thing: everyone wants to have cheap, unlimited power available 100% of the time. Guess what? You can't have all three. At best, you can only have two. And it seems that in the US we've leaned heavily on cheap. Efforts by utilities to add generation capacity is usually met with protestations regarding the increased rates that would result. I am sure no one will be surprised that the loudest crowd about utility rates are often the same folks that embrace smart meter conspiracies.
B.S. Germany, due to the fake global warming/climate crisis, green energy movement shuttered the majority of their Nuke plants. They had far more available power being spread across their country supplying people, without interruption, than what they do now so this B.S. about their grid being overwhelmed is just another fake B.S. story trying to get people, in the name of population control and the fake climate crisis, to stop living like they do.
The smart people, who can't afford their utility bills, among other things, will definitely rethink about having children or having as many children as their forefathers did. How people can't connect the dots and see that is beyond me?
Old 12-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
B.S. Germany, due to the fake global warming/climate crisis, green energy movement shuttered the majority of their Nuke plants. They had far more available power being spread across their country supplying people, without interruption, than what they do now so this B.S. about their grid being overwhelmed is just another fake B.S. story trying to get people, in the name of population control and the fake climate crisis, to stop living like they do.
The smart people, who can't afford their utility bills, among other things, will definitely rethink about having children or having as many children as their forefathers did. How people can't connect the dots and see that is beyond me?
Ever think about the real war going on in that area? I have real life friends in Moldova and they are and have had for a while now rolling blackouts because of it. The reduction of power is to not have to do that in Germany. But hey what does the real world problems have to do with fantasy land conspiracy theories?

For me that is the problem with your posts. Your links are extremely biased to promote an agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening the real world. It is like watching the History Channel and believing Ancient Aliens/Mountain Monsters are real documentaries.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:27 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Ever think about the real war going on in that area? I have real life friends in Moldova and they are and have had for a while now rolling blackouts because of it. The reduction of power is to not have to do that in Germany. But hey what does the real world problems have to do with fantasy land conspiracy theories?

For me that is the problem with your posts. Your links are extremely biased to promote an agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening the real world. It is like watching the History Channel and believing Ancient Aliens/Mountain Monsters are real documentaries.
The real war??? You mean the Proxy war your govt is currently engaged in with Russia, who has sent 100 BILLION, with a Capital "B" to Ukraine? That war, Ben?
Tell me Ben, without regurgitating the MSM talking points or spin, why your country has such a vested interest in Ukraine?
Tell me, why your at it, why your previous President to Trump was behind the coup that ousted Ukraine's previously voted in, via a legit election, President?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XqgNOvFMvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4jslRzQwI

You were aware, I assume, Ukraine's Nazi's, The Azov's (look them up) have been bombing/murdering their own, or the Russian eastern part of Ukraine for years now?
Here, because you likely think these Azov Nazi's don't exist and that our govt's haven't been supporting them, I'll do you a favor.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/mountin...erts-1.5879303
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...ys-nazi-hunter
https://www.thesuburban.com/news/rep...028f16fdb.html
https://mronline.org/2022/03/23/u-s-...le-insurgency/
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1254217.shtml
https://www.codepink.org/how_the_us_...zis_in_ukraine

Trump warned Germany, and other European nations that they were relying heavily on Russian oil and gas and would be screwed but they all laughed at him.
Do you ever do any critical thinking with regards to the Dems and media going hard against Trump and wondering why that was and still currently is? Do you think maybe, just maybe, he was a major threat to getting in their way or exsposing this grift?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKEycjREgPE

Last edited by irv; 12-29-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:50 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

See, when Dr. Fauci created the "fake climate crisis" with the help of MSNBC, he didn't realize that a brilliant baseball card collector sleuth would see right through it! 🤣
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-29-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
See, when Dr. Fauci created the "fake climate crisis" with the help of MSNBC, he didn't realize that a brilliant baseball card collector sleuth would see right through it! 🤣
The con artists who have you hiding under your bed from the “Climate Crisis” are laughing their asses off while they are consuming massive amounts of those evil fossil fuels flying all over the world on private jets, kicking back on mega yachts, and building brand new oceanfront mansions without a solar panel or a windmill in sight.
Old 12-29-2022, 01:13 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
The con artists who have you hiding under your bed from the “Climate Crisis” are laughing their asses off while they are consuming massive amounts of those evil fossil fuels flying all over the world on private jets, kicking back on mega yachts, and building brand new oceanfront mansions without a solar panel or a windmill in sight.
Happy Holidays to you and yours, Cliff Bowman.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-29-2022, 01:20 PM
Ben North

Quote:
The real war??? You mean the Proxy war your govt is currently engaged in with Russia, who has sent 100 BILLION, with a Capital "B" to Ukraine? That war, Ben?
Tell me Ben, without regurgitating the MSM talking points or spin, why your country has such a vested interest in Ukraine?
Tell me, why your at it, why your previous President to Trump was behind the coup that ousted Ukraine's previously voted in, via a legit election, President?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XqgNOvFMvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4jslRzQwI

You were aware, I assume, Ukraine's Nazi's, The Azov's (look them up) have been bombing/murdering their own, or the Russian eastern part of Ukraine for years now?
Here, because you likely think these Azov Nazi's don't exist and that our govt's haven't been supporting them, I'll do you a favor.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/mountin...erts-1.5879303
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...ys-nazi-hunter
https://www.thesuburban.com/news/rep...028f16fdb.html
https://mronline.org/2022/03/23/u-s-...le-insurgency/
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1254217.shtml
https://www.codepink.org/how_the_us_...zis_in_ukraine

Trump warned Germany, and other European nations that they were relying heavily on Russian oil and gas and would be screwed but they all laughed at him.
Do you ever do any critical thinking with regards to the Dems and media going hard against Trump and wondering why that was and still currently is? Do you think maybe, just maybe, he was a major threat to getting in their way or exsposing this grift?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKEycjREgPE
That is all political BS I know nothing about or care about.

My post included an example of someone I really know and have been in the same room in real life with on several occasions. Your links mean less than nothing to me.

Tell me how you personally or people you actually know in real life are affected. Otherwise I consider your posts in this section the same as watching an episode of Ancient Aliens. They should be enjoyed in moderation and NEVER taken seriously.
Old 12-29-2022, 01:58 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
That is all political BS I know nothing about or care about.

My post included an example of someone I really know and have been in the same room in real life with on several occasions. Your links mean less than nothing to me.

Tell me how you personally or people you actually know in real life are affected. Otherwise I consider your posts in this section the same as watching an episode of Ancient Aliens. They should be enjoyed in moderation and NEVER taken seriously.
Did you not say in one of your much earlier posts somewhere that you think and say things differently than most?
I recall something to that affect anyways but whatever it was, it is on full display yet again right here right now.
Truthfully, with your inability to follow along, grasp anything that is being said in these posts, I am surprised you actually attempt to say anything at all?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg people2.jpg (8.9 KB, 201 views)
Old 12-29-2022, 02:15 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Did you not say in one of your much earlier posts somewhere that you think and say things differently than most?
I recall something to that affect anyways but whatever it was, it is on full display yet again right here right now.
Truthfully, with your inability to follow along, grasp anything that is being said in these posts, I am surprised you actually attempt to say anything at all?
I agree with the bold part. I usually try to stay away from pure silliness on this forum.

Hopefully I can stay away from another thread you have completely ruined with your conspiracy theory crap.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:31 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I agree with the bold part. I usually try to stay away from pure silliness on this forum.

Hopefully I can stay away from another thread you have completely ruined with your conspiracy theory crap.
You say you don't watch the news, you don't follow politics so I assume you must just stare at the stars dreaming up your own beliefs and thoughts, and if anyone doesn't agree with those made up beliefs and thoughts, then they are a conspiracy theorist. Do I have that right?

Time and time again, just like what you wrote above a few times now, when you have nothing in the form of a rebuttal or an argument, and because others opinions differ from yours, you resort to name calling and ad hominen attacks.
Like I said, why do you even bother if you don't like hearing differing opinions than your own?
It's confusing, Ben.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:16 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Exactly. Al Gore was the poster child for this. He made a ton of money with his "carbon credits" scheme. He cared so much about the planet..... but not enough to give up his mansion with heated indoor pool, private jet, and etc.

Since we all agree that climate has always been changing, what should worry us if climate suddenly stopped changing. THAT would be incredibly unusual.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:36 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Just thought I'd add something. Ben won't like it because he likely never thought or dreamt this to be true, but no matter what one chooses to believe, these are what some of these climate speaking activists charge as they fly all over the world in their private jets to speaking engagements.
(Not to mention the fact all of these folks have invested large into oil and gas companies around the world)

Al Gore: $100,000 per speaking engagement.
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Al-Gore...ing-engagement
Bill Nye: $50 to $75,000 per speaking engagement.
http://brianlilley.com/we-paid-how-m...e-science-guy/
David Suzuki: $30 to $50,000 per speaking engagment.
https://www.aaespeakers.com/keynote-...s/david-suzuki

Now look up their net worth, where they reside, and how many homes, private jets and other elite perks they have. You might, for those that don't know any better, be shocked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHisNCBzVRQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A Gore.jpg (74.9 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg Caprio's yacht.jpg (82.3 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Obama's new home.jpg (178.9 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by irv; 12-29-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:06 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I knew it! And I think he was at a pizza parlor eating young children when he came up with the idea to take away guns. Saw it on YouTube.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:50 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
I knew it! And I think he was at a pizza parlor eating young children when he came up with the idea to take away guns. Saw it on YouTube.
Yes, exactly. What was left of the pizza was then fashioned into weapons for the Ukranian military, with the pizza boxes ground up and mixed with the big pharma party drugs Paul Pelosi uses for his clandestine gay trysts. Those were then mixed with the blood of drag queens at the behest of George Soros, who will encourage children to drink it at storytime at the local library. Anyone who doesn't get this is "a sheep"
Old 01-02-2023, 06:01 AM
Ben North

The snow is almost here according to the radar. We are supposed to get another 10 inches between today and tomorrow. The good part is no below zero temperatures and the wind is supposed to stay below 20mph.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:39 AM
Ben North

The latest cold front is here. It is a balmy 8 degrees out now. It is supposed to just get colder as the day goes along. The low tonight is supposed to be a nice cool 11 below zero.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:47 AM
James M.

Quote:
The latest cold front is here. It is a balmy 8 degrees out now. It is supposed to just get colder as the day goes along. The low tonight is supposed to be a nice cool 11 below zero.
Ben,

Dealing with some colder temperatures, over here in NY. Thankfully no snow in sight at the moment. I complain the moment the weather drops below 50, I don't think I would survive in your neck of the woods!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:23 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Ben,

Dealing with some colder temperatures, over here in NY. Thankfully no snow in sight at the moment. I complain the moment the weather drops below 50, I don't think I would survive in your neck of the woods!
Actually an odd winter in the NYC/Long Island area no snow this season at all(north of us a lot) but zero along the coast.

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 01-28-2023, 07:55 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Actually an odd winter in the NYC/Long Island area no snow this season at all(north of us a lot) but zero along the coast.
I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way for the rest of the winter. Successfully made it almost, through January without any significant snow!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:40 AM
Dave

Litchfield County in CT, and I've pulled out the snowblower a grand total of 1 time in December...and even then it was mostly because I was too lazy to move a few inches of snow with the shovel.

When we got hit by the "bomb cyclone", we lost power for a couple days in below zero temperatures, that was preceded by a near tropical rainstorm in the days leading up to the deep freeze...but no snow.

Weird year.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 01-28-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:01 AM
Ben North

It was a chilly 11 below with a 24 below real feel for my walk this morning. It is supposed to warm up to a nice 5 below tomorrow morning.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:46 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Finally snow

A very very thin coating but we finally got snow on Long Island

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 02-05-2023, 03:08 PM
D@le Irv*n

Record lows shatter temperature records in Ontario during cold snap

Record temperatures were recorded in several parts of Ontario in recent days, breaking previous lows as far back as 1923.

At Algonquin Park, a record low of negative 41.5 C was noted on Saturday, beating the previous record of negative 38.3 C in 1923. Algonquin Park was colder than the South Pole.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9462527/o...-temperatures/

N.S. and N.B. shatter temperature records, crews respond to fires and broken water pipes
https://globalnews.ca/news/9462109/n...ecords-broken/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnIZ-SVBsBM
Global warming or global cooling or is the climate cyclical like it has always been?
I know one thing, there is no money in a cyclical climate narrative so that can't possibly be it, can it?

Last edited by irv; 02-05-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:08 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Record lows shatter temperature records in Ontario during cold snap

Record temperatures were recorded in several parts of Ontario in recent days, breaking previous lows as far back as 1923.

At Algonquin Park, a record low of negative 41.5 C was noted on Saturday, beating the previous record of negative 38.3 C in 1923. Algonquin Park was colder than the South Pole.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9462527/o...-temperatures/

N.S. and N.B. shatter temperature records, crews respond to fires and broken water pipes
https://globalnews.ca/news/9462109/n...ecords-broken/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnIZ-SVBsBM
Global warming or global cooling or is the climate cyclical like it has always been?
I know one thing, there is no money in a cyclical climate narrative so that can't possibly be it, can it?
From your posts it is clear you don't understand what global warming is.

Now for the important thing. If you can find one single thing that someone isn't making money off of that would be news. If you think you are telling anyone new that Al Gore is a crook I think you are sadly mistaken.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:24 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
From your posts it is clear you don't understand what global warming is.

Now for the important thing. If you can find one single thing that someone isn't making money off of that would be news. If you think you are telling anyone new that Al Gore is a crook I think you are sadly mistaken.
Please explain, Ben, I am all ears.