NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 01:37 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default Hobby Has Hit A New Low

I thought this was a joke, but it is not.

https://collecttrumpcards.com/

I have no other comments.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 12-15-2022, 01:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

IF this thread doesn't go too far off the road it will stay. Otherwise, I see it getting locked. I do have to say, that is just stupid to me.

Old 12-15-2022, 01:46 PM
pete ullman

Just another attempted money grab from the filthiest con man grifter former “president.”
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
IF this thread doesn't go too far off the road it will stay. Otherwise, I see it getting locked. I do have to say, that is just stupid to me.

Leon, I agree it can head in the wrong direction. I have no problem if you wish to lock it.

Buythatcard

pete ullman

What could go wrong?
Old 12-15-2022, 01:50 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Out of respect that I have for Leon, I'll resist... but OMG, this just is soooo hard to hold back (that's how much I respect/like you, LL!!)
Old 12-15-2022, 01:52 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Just another attempted money grab from the filthiest con man grifter former “president.”
Former? Don't you mean "current president" ? 🙃
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-15-2022, 01:53 PM
Ben North

I think they are pretty cool.

They also clearly put this on the site. Trump Digital Trading Cards (NFTs) are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment vehicles.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:58 PM
Al Stein

From the website:
"Each Trump Digital Trading Card has a unique pre-assigned rarity. Some will be one-of-one’s (i.e. the only one in the world), while others will be limited to 2, 5, 7, or 10 copies. No Trump Digital Trading Card will have more than 20 copies in existence!"

There are 45 different cards. Does that mean that total sales are limited to less than 45 x 20 = 900 NFT's? That's only $90,000 cash, that can't be right?
Old 12-15-2022, 01:59 PM

Default Individual Enjoyment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I think they are pretty cool.

They also clearly put this on the site. Trump Digital Trading Cards (NFTs) are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment vehicles.
I can picture that happening..While holding a Trumpybear and wearing Mrpillow slippers whilst playing "Best Tweets Of Marjorie Taylor Greene."

Old 12-15-2022, 02:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

As Howard alluded to, it would have been fantastic as a combined parody of President Trump and the modern hobby. How long until one of these things is in Goldin? lol

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-15-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:04 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
I can picture that happening..While holding a Trumpybear and wearing Mrpillow slippers whilst playing "Best Tweets Of Marjorie Taylor Greene."

To be fair some older grown men collect pictures of much younger athletic men in uniforms. All I know is I am not saying anything bad about what someone else collects.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:07 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
To be fair some older grown men collect pictures of much younger athletic men in uniforms.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:13 PM
Eric Perry

How does that saying go? Oh, yeah. I remember:

In before the lock.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-15-2022, 02:18 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
From the website:
"Each Trump Digital Trading Card has a unique pre-assigned rarity. Some will be one-of-one’s (i.e. the only one in the world), while others will be limited to 2, 5, 7, or 10 copies. No Trump Digital Trading Card will have more than 20 copies in existence!"

There are 45 different cards. Does that mean that total sales are limited to less than 45 x 20 = 900 NFT's? That's only $90,000 cash, that can't be right?
“ There is a maximum of 45,000 NFTs available to be minted during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, including a maximum of 44,000 NFTs available for purchase during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.”

I’m not really clear where this number comes from as that’s a ton of different images but this is also on the site. It makes a lot more sense, the creators have to pay for his likeness, approval, and the contest winnings. I assume many of these will be sold for the dinner, effectively $4,500.

Tons of celebrities and famous people have done NFT’s though, this isn’t something unique, but I don’t get the appeal at all. It’s just a jpeg in your digital wallet, that’s it.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:36 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

So what exactly is a NFT? It is mentioned that it's just a .jpeg file. So, if you own that specific 1of 1, are you given the actual jpeg file or just some link to the file? I would think that if you are given the file, what would stop you from duplicating it. Can one transfer ownership if they try to sell? Is there a real market out there for these type of files?

Buythatcard

Old 12-15-2022, 02:41 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Confusing.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
“ There is a maximum of 45,000 NFTs available to be minted during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, including a maximum of 44,000 NFTs available for purchase during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.”

I’m not really clear where this number comes from as that’s a ton of different images but this is also on the site. It makes a lot more sense, the creators have to pay for his likeness, approval, and the contest winnings. I assume many of these will be sold for the dinner, effectively $4,500.

Tons of celebrities and famous people have done NFT’s though, this isn’t something unique, but I don’t get the appeal at all. It’s just a jpeg in your digital wallet, that’s it.
May need to request a recount

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:43 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
May need to request a recount
"Alternate slate of NFTs"?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-15-2022, 02:47 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Well, LEFTY LEON, yet another one of your single-digit IQ liberal douchebag buddies spews their f*cking hatred, and nothing?????????????

Where's the warning/banning of this *sshole????

We'd sure like to discuss what the effin' BidenFührer is doing to our country. Are you going to open it up for us, too???? Huh, buddy?

Just as always, no politics...unless you're a piece of f*cking garbage dipshit named Ullman, then just spew away!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 12-15-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post

From the website. Could not find a specific amount of different cards.
The Trump Digital Trading Cards are randomly generated and delivered, so you won't know which card you receive until you check your wallet after purchase. There are hundreds of different cards featuring President Trump, each with its own rarity. No more than 20 copies exist of any single card. Only 45,000 total cards exist in this series.
Closed Thread