NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
With the recent threads concerning a few auction houses and people I want to make my thoughts, and the the thoughts of my think-tank I call my right hand folks, perfectly clear. You can not participate in those types of threads unless you make your first and last name known. Period. Remaining anonymous and then saying "I think" or "I feel" in those controversial threads is just not going to be permitted. I am going to start deleting posts from here on out. You have to put your name out there otherwise stay in the threads that are only about cards and so forth. Nothing personal. Everyone will get the same fair treatment as long as I am here. I hope ya'll understand. thanks..

ps....btw, if anyone wants to reach me during the day my email addy is lluckey@amherst1.com

Old 06-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Whomever "Identify7" "ItsOnlyGil" is you need to put your name by your posts in controversial or confrontational threads. When you make a statement like "Lew has always been combative" then you can not remain anonymous, at least on this board. Nothing personal but if that's your opinion, and you want to say it publicly on this board, then your name needs to be next to it. For the most part I will let folks say what they want to, in a civil manner, but rules are rules....regards

Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Posted By: identify7

Leon:

By deleting my post and exerpting a sentence fragment from it, which you then quote; the readers could conclude that my post contained an anti-Lipsett sentiment.

This was not the case. The intended thrust of my post was a proposed analysis which portrayed the seller's behavior in as favorable a light as that of the buyer.

However, your point is well taken. I will attempt to eliminate controversial statements relating to the behavior of others from my posts.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Thanks Gil....I am really cracking down on anyone posting anonymously in those types of threads. Definitely not personal as you are a valued board participant and a very welcome member.....thanks for understanding....

edited to say- yes you are correct that I took an excerpt from a long statement...which I don't really like to do as it get's things misconstrued...for that I apologize...but not for the board policy on anonymity....

Old 06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Thank you Leon. Please do not think that any of us do not appreciate the quality you continue to bring, and demand. I agree with our policies and will abide by them.

Sorry for the error, but you sure crystallized our policy.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

This is not aimed at any one person. After going back and deleting some posts that were made in the threads that have been controversial or "very" opinionated I just want to say that if you are not putting both your first and last name it will be deleted...(OR if everyone knows you by your handle it's ok) I am instituting a zero tolerance policy as of now. If you post in an aforementioned type of thread, and it doesn't have your first and last name, from now on I am going to delete those posts immediately. I'm tired of it..... Thanks for your understanding in the matter.....regards

Old 06-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Posted By: Daniel William "I am not anonymous" Elsa

Leon,

Thank you so much for replying to my email today as you specified that I "email you" so we can discuss things. The Lelands vs. Clemente airplane crash strand obviously does not welcome "outsiders" with an opinion. Leon, other Dan, and Wonka, I did not feel that what I said was that inflamatory, but I am obviously wrong.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

You are just absolutely wrong. I deleted your anonymous posts in that thread as I said I was going to do. I suggest you read the forum faq's....best regards

ps...I waited for an email and since I didn't get one (as of the time I deleted your posts) I did what the board rules state...

Old 06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Often controversial posts relating to the behavior of others are efforts which represent research, updating, analysis and proposed conclusions. In the event that the poster does not include his identity, in accordance with our policies, the post is deleted.

Please consider Leon, that the poster may want to repost the information with full disclosure of his identity, or with edited content (without having to generate the same information again).

If you agree, an approach which can achieve mutually desired results would be for you to keep a copy of the deleted post so that the individual can simply bring his offering within board compliance prior to reissuing his thoughts.

I hope that this makes sense, and is viewed as a suggestion of possible benefit for all.

Edited to add:
My name is Gilbert Maines.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Anonymous posts

Posted By: dan mckee

The poster should only lose his/her posts once. The next time I would think they would follow the rules. So there is no reason for Leon to save deleted posts.