NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Actual photo of the eBay Vault.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vault.jpg (192.3 KB, 381 views)

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 09-25-2022, 10:42 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I don't man to belabor a subject that has been examined backwards and forwards.......but. I just received a beautiful raw '65 Topps Yogi bought from Greg Morris. Rather than the usual nice, easily-opened envelopes from Greg, I received one of those flat Ebay packages that are guaranteed to produce a cut when opening with a box cutter. There was Yogi ungraded with all the usual crap, including the prized purple sticker.
I am going to send Larry to SGC for grading and in a courageous act of valor
am going to remove the prized sticker. Aren't I brave?
A couple of points I am pondering:-
1. I thought the authentication service was for graded cards to see if the case had been tampered with.
2. Where is Ebay sending cards, SCG. Ebay or Jupiter?
3. Whoever thought of this dumb idea should be ex-communicated.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:21 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I don't man to belabor a subject that has been examined backwards and forwards.......but. I just received a beautiful raw '65 Topps Yogi bought from Greg Morris. Rather than the usual nice, easily-opened envelopes from Greg, I received one of those flat Ebay packages that are guaranteed to produce a cut when opening with a box cutter. There was Yogi ungraded with all the usual crap, including the prized purple sticker.
I am going to send Larry to SGC for grading and in a courageous act of valor
am going to remove the prized sticker. Aren't I brave?
A couple of points I am pondering:-
1. I thought the authentication service was for graded cards to see if the case had been tampered with.
2. Where is Ebay sending cards, SCG. Ebay or Jupiter?
3. Whoever thought of this dumb idea should be ex-communicated.
Raw cards over the threshold go to CSG. Graded cards go to PSA, who look only at the holder and not the card (we all know what matters )
Old 09-25-2022, 11:38 AM
Dave

Kind of concerning that these cards appear to be getting shipped back out in sub-optimal packaging.

Who gets left holding the bag in a case of damage from the authentication facility to the end user...particularly in the case of the over-sized SGC slab, shipped from PSA to the buyer, a couple posts up?

I've bought relatively few graded cards from other sellers compared to most here, but have bought enough to know, it doesn't take a whole lot to crack a PSA or SGC slab in shipping.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Raw cards over the threshold go to CSG. Graded cards go to PSA, who look only at the holder and not the card (we all know what matters )
What is the threshold? I think I am getting a raw card sent straight to me that cost almost 3k.

Last edited by Leon; 09-26-2022 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:42 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
What is the threshold? I think I am getting a raw card sent straight to me that cost almost 3k.
For raw cards, it's $250 or more that the seller is given CSG's address to ship to. If it's going straight to you, it probably has "set" in the title of the listing. There's a few tricks in the keywords to dodge the program (though some sellers are surely just using those words without knowing that's the result).
Old 09-26-2022, 08:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
For raw cards, it's $250 or more that the seller is given CSG's address to ship to. If it's going straight to you, it probably has "set" in the title of the listing. There's a few tricks in the keywords to dodge the program (though some sellers are surely just using those words without knowing that's the result).
There is nothing in the title like that. It must be something else. It's going to be sent to CSG as soon as I get it anyway....
Old 09-26-2022, 08:33 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is nothing in the title like that. It must be something else. It's going to be sent to CSG as soon as I get it anyway....
Hey Leon, as I posted above that I've purchased raw and graded cards above the threshold (nothing 3k) and I haven't had any of them go through the process, an earlier poster said that someone in customer service told them that they don't go through the process if they're sent to a PO box. That doesn't make any sense but I've had a couple of raw cards $500+ and a graded $800
card in the past two weeks that were sent directly to me.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:33 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
There's also the "Available for local pickup" trick that I've seen, if you allow that then it apparently bypasses the authentication as well.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson
Old 09-26-2022, 06:26 PM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Actual photo of the eBay Vault.
Lol love it Howard

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.