NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-09-2024, 09:22 PM
Jake Dahl

Default Dan Mabey post cereal baseball card books

anyone know where i can find these books and pick them up, maybe even someone on these boards may have them, if selling lmk

Pre War/Post War Yankees/Highlanders Cards and Memorabilia

1960 Topps Baseball set

Any other cool sports cards and memorabilia
Old 01-10-2024, 05:56 AM
Albert Bee

Default Post cereal book

Yes,
I would pay someone who owns the book to simply photocopy all pages and sell it to me
Old 01-10-2024, 03:57 PM
Ken Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBB View Post
Yes,
I would pay someone who owns the book to simply photocopy all pages and sell it to me
Not sure that is such a good idea. Probably most of what all of us know about the Post Cereal baseball card promotions are the direct result of Dan's research/analysis and subsequent books. These tremendous work products took an amazing amount of hours over a number of years to produce. We Post Cereal collectors owe Dan so much for these efforts.

It just seems out of respect for Dan, no one should be coping his work and selling it. Or even giving it away. Not a chance. Dan still has his 1962 books available for purchase. His masters for his Post Cereal books were found earlier this year. They had been lost in a move to California almost 4 years ago. As a result he is working on his other books to again print. The electronic technology used in the late 90s and early 2000s is much different than today's. So he has been working to take his work with the ancient technology and transfer it to today's world technology in order to be able to print more book copies. Not the easiest task, but understand his is making good progress and expects to complete.

I would suggest contacting Dan (mulemandan2020@gmail.com) if interested in a book. Pretty sure given our discussions over the years that Dan would not be happy with folks coping his books and selling. But one could certainly ask.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:32 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Dan's books

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBB View Post
Yes,
Agree 100% with what Ken says above.

Not to mention his books are copyrighted.

Doubt it is worth a lawsuit to photocopy the book for someone else.

Perhaps some of the attorney's on the board can comment

Last edited by whiteymet; 01-10-2024 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:54 PM
Michael Skiles

Default Dan Mabey's Books

Totally agree with Ken and Fred
Old 01-10-2024, 07:11 PM
Jake Dahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skil55voy View Post
Totally agree with Ken and Fred
agree also and thanks for the contact info

Pre War/Post War Yankees/Highlanders Cards and Memorabilia

1960 Topps Baseball set

Any other cool sports cards and memorabilia
Old 01-11-2024, 05:41 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
Not sure that is such a good idea. Probably most of what all of us know about the Post Cereal baseball card promotions are the direct result of Dan's research/analysis and subsequent books. These tremendous work products took an amazing amount of hours over a number of years to produce. We Post Cereal collectors owe Dan so much for these efforts.

It just seems out of respect for Dan, no one should be coping his work and selling it. Or even giving it away. Not a chance. Dan still has his 1962 books available for purchase. His masters for his Post Cereal books were found earlier this year. They had been lost in a move to California almost 4 years ago. As a result he is working on his other books to again print. The electronic technology used in the late 90s and early 2000s is much different than today's. So he has been working to take his work with the ancient technology and transfer it to today's world technology in order to be able to print more book copies. Not the easiest task, but understand his is making good progress and expects to complete.
Excellent news!
Old 01-12-2024, 09:33 AM
Albert Bee

Default post

yes, cant wait till they are ready..

he is making progress and will have them avail soon
Old 01-12-2024, 11:30 AM

Thank you, Ken Marks. Boy, that is good news for sure. I was very fortunate to purchase from Dan Mabey his fine books on the 1962 and 1963 Post Cereal several years ago. Let me simply say they are saturated with vital, pertinent, and fascinating information and pictures from the two respective sets. If you collect Post Cereal cards, the books are well worth the money. They aren't cheap, nor should they be.

Definitive works on trading card sets in our hobby are to be prized. They become as rare as the cards themselves. Probably rarer!

I sure hope Dan and Ken are somehow, some way, able to produce a book on the 1962 General Foods JELL-O baseball card promotion. Even at my age I would love to read about that fascinating set.

I need to call Ken anyway, so .... --- Brian Powell
Old 01-12-2024, 05:24 PM
Ken Marks

Default Dan Mabey

In contact with Dan Mabey today. Sounds like his PT is coming along pretty well. What I wanted to pass on is that he says he is about 90% complete with the 3 Post Cereal books he is working to be able to publish again (61 and 63 American, and 62 Canadian). Sounds like these will all be updated too! He is currently looking for a printer who can produce these books for him. So all this sounds like good news for collectors wanting to get copies of his work. He still has copies of his 62 American BB book available.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:50 AM

This is wonderful news and I’m so glad to have checked in today. I’m looking forward to this.