NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 AM

Default Cardpricer vs. VCP?

I tried searching prior posts to see if there were any on Cardpricer, but didn't come up with anything. I used VCP for a while and thought it was great but dumped it because I was not actively buying anything more that T206 commons. Has anyone tried Cardpricer - it's half the monthly cost of VCP. It looks pretty bare bones, but all I'm looking for is recent price info and, perhaps, links to the auctions.

Just plain bad marketing - offer a 7-10 day free trial period. If the site is worth it, people will stick with it.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Tim

I tried cardpricer.com a year or so ago and found that their auction data was not as current a VCP so I went with VCP. That may have changed by now, I don't know.

Cardpricer.com does offers a two week free trail. Sign up for a membership and the first two weeks are free. If during that time you decided you don't want to continue with the site, you can cancel and will not be charged. I used this trail offer before making my decision and the Cardpricer.com people were very helpful even when I canceled.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 05-15-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynch1960 View Post
I tried searching prior posts to see if there were any on Cardpricer, but didn't come up with anything.
When I search for cardpricer I come up with 19 hits - how were you searching?
Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 AM

I went to the homepage and under "search" I typed in Cardpricer. I got 19 hits too, but after reading twenty posts about Jim Bunning's handshake and politics and about Drum wrappers, and scanning through the rest, I was unable to locate any info that addressed my questions. What am I missing?

Wasn't aware of the trial offer - just noted that the homepage had a free membership but stated it didn't include pricing information. If there is still a free trial period, that's just poor web design. Whoops, went back and looked at the site - Now I see the free trial period - that's just poor eyesight.

Last edited by jlynch1960; 05-15-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 AM
marty

One thing that Cardpricer doesn't have or at least didn't have that VCP does is pricing for other sports besides baseball. My main interest if pre war baseball but I do collect a lot of football and since Cardpricer didn't include that.. I prefer VCP.

Last edited by martyogelvie; 05-15-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Tim

Quote:
Wasn't aware of the trial offer - just noted that the homepage had a free membership but stated it didn't include pricing information. If there is still a free trial period, that's just poor web design.
At the top of their home page there is a "Price Guide" button.

If you click on that is says:

"Not a member? Learn more about our membership options! Click Here (Includes 2 Week Free Trail)"

Last edited by Abravefan11; 05-15-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
I went to the homepage and under "search" I typed in Cardpricer. I got 19 hits too, but after reading twenty posts about Jim Bunning's handshake and politics and about Drum wrappers, and scanning through the rest, I was unable to locate any info that addressed my questions. What am I missing?
I searched the same way, but instead clicked on the threads that seemed relevant - the two titled "how good is vintagecardprices.com" and "vintagecardprices????" looked more promising to me then one about Jim Bunning.

No matter - I thought when you said your search came up empty that you meant no results were returned.

Last edited by Matt; 05-15-2009 at 06:51 AM.