NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2018, 03:53 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Default More eBay Rules & Regs?

Was bidding on several items from the same seller this morning. When I tried to bid on a 7th item - I received :

Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item
This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 6 or more items from this seller in the past 10 days.
You can contact the seller for more information, or find similar items offered by other sellers.

Been on eBay for 20ish years now - Have never seen this one.

Contacted seller - He was just as surprised -

So yea - We are eBay Hold our Beer while we shoot ourselves in the foot - LOL

Old 04-30-2018, 04:23 AM
Scott Russell

wonder if that would happen if the seller were PWCC, somehow I doubt it.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-30-2018, 06:32 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

This makes no sense. When Greg Morris does certain year set breaks I may have 20 or more bids out there with them. Maybe they are trying to milk more fees out of sellers to opt out of this at a price.

Honestly this will drastically reduce my activity as I usually do my buying less frequently but in bulk from certain sellers.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:35 AM
Joshua Van Pelt

I had same thing happen when buying from a seller in Venezuela. I assumed eBay is protecting itself and trying to limit its risk from fraud and lost product from foreign sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2018, 07:32 AM

This is a seller side block, not an eBay side block. You can limit the purchases a buyer makes from you. The seller probably checked the wrong box somewhere.

Last edited by Sean1125; 04-30-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:26 PM

There is an option under Buyer Requirements where a seller can check this. I had some buyers that were getting this message too even though I did not have this box checked. Took several days for ebay to fix it. I was also told they do put some limits on buyers depending on how many items they have purchased recently.

If you still want to purchase from the seller, tell him to add your user ID to his Blocked Bidder Exempt list. It's a hassle but should allow you to purchase from him.

If you are a seller and are wondering if this is happening to you, go to Account settings, click on site preferences. Scroll down to Buyer Requirements and click show. On the left there is a link that says "Buyer Requirements Activity Log".
Click that and it will show you what buyers have been blocked from bidding on your items and for what reason.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:22 PM
David

This is a holdover from the early eBay days where "Wild West" rules existed in the absence of actual rules. It is hard to imagine in today's littany of encyclopedia rules. It was also a time when you could list almost anything via auction and find a buyer which made this tactic all the more chaotic and effective.

Unscrupulous competitors figured out they could either bid up all or "buy" out your listings to temporarily remove them from competing with their items. This was a virtual "wipeout" with no follow through afterwards. There were few reprocussions and these wipeouts either eliminated or severely disrupted the flow of auctions and listings. There would be at least a post a week on the old PowerSellers board from the victim of a wipeout.

eBay added the multi-quantity limit to give sellers a way to mitigate the effects of the wipeout.