NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
I will try to answer a few questions. I had probably more of a relationship with Joe than most people do. We exchanged emails on several occasions, he and I used to speak quite frequently at the National's, so some of the out of the norm treatment I am sure came from this relationship we had. So please keep the above in mind regarding why I was allowed to send in two submissions on renewal vouchers, why I was able to send in cards greater than $500 in value and why a crack and review strategy took place versus a typical review in the holder. I was told that the crack and review method gave the graders the best view of the card in a review scenerio, so I went with it! Maybe I was naive throughout this, but I trusted Joe to take care of it, and never gave any thought to my card being damaged in the process. Again, this is my opinion as to why I was allowed to do the above, I frankly didn't realize this was out of the norm behavior, and was available to anyone that asked.

I completely understand that I am somewhat at fault for the way things transpired between PSA(particularly Joe) and myself. They made me whole on the card, (based on what I paid for it), which is the silver lining in this whole ordeal. I will never be able to go out and replace this card though, for what I had into it originally. As others have mentioned, it's the way Joe handled the whole ordeal that really has me up in arms. I was shocked that Joe commented like he did to me. His response caused my response, which is what ultimately caused the hang-up and subsequent banning that took place. I frankly had no intention to air out my dirty laundry in the public on this board or CU until PSA proactively banned me from their message boards and subsequently sent my submission back to me informing me that my business was no longer wanted.

I am not looking for pity, and don't expect everyone to agree with me, as to how this was handled. Hell, I am sure some of you are thinking that I got exactly what I deserved trying to bump the card in the first place rather than being happy with what I already had. I don't fault anyone for having an opinion on the matter, I think differing opinions are what makes for a solid community such as we have here on Net 54.

At the end of the day, I just wanted to share my experience.
Hey Matt
Sorry for your experience. I too have had several long conversations with Joe over the last few years. I have a feeling he felt threatened by your statement and made a comment that was what it was, but maybe it was in the heat of an argument, and not really meant. I think Joe loves the hobby and cards as much as almost anyone. However, it's not "life and death" so maybe that is what he was thinking when he made the statement about it only being a card. It's a shame your card got damaged. There is no sugar coating that part of it. I hope you, Joe and PSA can make amends in the future. I have found Joe to be a very likeable hobbyist.