NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Scott Russell

Default Pete Resier

Having died in 1981 is his autograph a tougher one like Ken Boyer and Roger Maris?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-10-2021, 12:36 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

You dont see him to often. He was a widly popular player during his tenure, but has faded away since his playing days. Depending on the medium, he can still bring a few bucks, though much less than Boyer or Maris. He was out of MLB by 1952, making it pretty tough to find in "IN-person" auto. Although, he was in the Dodger minor league organization through the 70s if anyone remembered, I'm sure he would have signed for them.

On card, he can be pretty desirable, as there are only early issues to pick from. Anything else, not really anything to write home about.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-10-2021, 12:52 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
You dont see him to often. He was a widly popular player during his tenure, but has faded away since his playing days. Depending on the medium, he can still bring a few bucks, though much less than Boyer or Maris. He was out of MLB by 1952, making it pretty tough to find in "IN-person" auto. Although, he was in the Dodger minor league organization through the 70s if anyone remembered, I'm sure he would have signed for them.

On card, he can be pretty desirable, as there are only early issues to pick from. Anything else, not really anything to write home about.
It's a shame, he was very talented. Played the game hard, maybe a little too hard. I love reading about him.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:24 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

He's actually not that hard to find, and his prices vary all over the board from 15 bucks to 100 bucks depending. Problem is, if you collect Brooklyn Dodgers you need him, if you collect 1963 Champion Dodgers you need him as a coach, and if you collect the 1969 Cubs you need him as a coach. He actually coached several years for the Dodgers, Cubs and Angels, as well as managing in the minors. Great player who was unfortunately injury prone.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 01-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Scott Russell

Was just curious as I hadn't realized how young he was when he died. We have a 1948 Bowman and a 1952 Topps signed in our upcoming auction. Thanks for the info!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 01-10-2021, 05:51 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I have a couple signed photos of his, I think he's noticeably easier than Boyer and nowhere close to the value of Maris, unfortunately.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:45 PM
Curt

I found him to be fairly plentiful, like Dixie Walker of the same era and close to the same time of death. Both must have signed pretty willingly.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:56 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I found him to be fairly plentiful, like Dixie Walker of the same era and close to the same time of death. Both must have signed pretty willingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Was just curious as I hadn't realized how young he was when he died. We have a 1948 Bowman and a 1952 Topps signed in our upcoming auction. Thanks for the info!
I think it depends on the medium. Dixie Walker is one of the keys to the 1953 set, and it took me a while to find one. There’s another member here who was working on the 1948 Bowman set, and Pete Resier was one of the last two or three he needed.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Default 1948 Bowman Reiser

As one who is near completion on the signed 1948 Bowman set, I concur that Reiser is one of the 6 or 8 keys to completing the set, in terms of rarity. Someone posted a PSA encapsulated signed 48B Reiser for sale on eBay a couple weeks ago with a $399 BIN, and it sold within a day or so.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:38 AM
Scott Russell

Well there will be a number of 1948 Bowman in the auction so hopefully I can help you out!

Old 01-15-2021, 07:27 AM
Scott Russell

Question #2 where do you think the best place to reach the right collectors would be. We're talking thousands of autographed vintage cards including guys like Maris, Rookies for Ryan, Fisk, Schmidt big cards like 1953 Bowman Color Reese and Musial etc... Have an ad in SMR and obviously here, plus auction report, and the usual facebook stuff. Probably do a story for Sports Collector Daily, anything I'm missing?

Old 01-15-2021, 09:24 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Question #2 where do you think the best place to reach the right collectors would be. We're talking thousands of autographed vintage cards including guys like Maris, Rookies for Ryan, Fisk, Schmidt big cards like 1953 Bowman Color Reese and Musial etc... Have an ad in SMR and obviously here, plus auction report, and the usual facebook stuff. Probably do a story for Sports Collector Daily, anything I'm missing?
It would probably be worth it to sign up at sportscollectors.net and post an auction link there. It’s focus is signed cards.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Scott Russell

Thanks, wasn't familiar with that site.