NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-18-2020, 09:15 PM
Steven Finley

Default Fritz Fisher Examples

Anyone have a Fritz Fisher exemplar that matches this? I only have a couple in my file and they are nothing like this - granted they are both from 62-63 and this from later. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2020, 09:04 PM
Vincent Hecksel

This example, I believe likely from Jack Smalling Collection, was recently sold on eBay by seller gregg57:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A37DE4E6-3176-4C82-B6B7-5EC8AF2D12AF.jpg (3.6 KB, 228 views)
Old 01-20-2020, 05:21 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Here's a larger image of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fritz.jpg (73.9 KB, 221 views)
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 01-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Jim H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Anyone have a Fritz Fisher exemplar that matches this? I only have a couple in my file and they are nothing like this - granted they are both from 62-63 and this from later. Thanks!

Beautiful signature. Where did you get this? The Fisher autograph is my white whale as I have over 1000 Detroit Tigers autographs and missing this one.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtigers65 View Post
Beautiful signature. Where did you get this? The Fisher autograph is my white whale as I have over 1000 Detroit Tigers autographs and missing this one.
It’s not mine, it’s currently on eBay. I’m just not convinced of it’s authenticity, I was hoping someone had an example that matched it not on his 66 Topps, because I’ve seen two identical to this but both on 66 Topps. I was more tracking it for population purposes, but if it better matched my example on file I probably would have bought it immediately.

If you are needing a Fisher example, I believe the Knoxville Smokies team sheet also on eBay to be authentic. Someone else might know better, I just track rare signed Topps cards.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:08 PM

Thumbs up

Somebody ought to try and talk him into a private signing if he's capable. He lives in Toledo, Ohio.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:54 PM
Curt

What is his story? Just a dedicated non-signer?

I can see the guys who like their privacy and are harder, but possible. But to just shun it completely with a passion, that I don't get.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Steven Finley

From what I understand he's quite a good guy, just doesn't care to sign. Most of the extremely difficult signers seem aloof, combative, or both. From everything I've read and heard it isn't the case with Fritz - although this is all second hand.

My understanding is that since his career ended he has completely objected to signing. Some collectors state that for a period he agreed to signed balls and photos only, but never cards. In three years I've only seen one photo (very questionable) and zero balls. I personally find it extremely hard to believe that he ever signed reliably post career.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:12 PM
Curt

Interesting. I have a semi-related story and will probably never know what really happened. I posted on my blog for anyone that might be able to help track down Bill Haas. He was on 2 Topps cards in the 60s, a 63T with the Dodgers and a 64T with the Mets. I guess he was supposed to be a big prospect for the Dodgers, but he got cold and they dumped him. His career never really panned out.

Someone saw the blog entry and emailed me, stating that they were friends with him and would talk to him and try to help me get an autograph. Long story short, The guy wants me to call him, so I do and then he ends up conferencing in Bill to the call and we chat for a few minutes. He tells a few short baseball stories and seems like a really decent guy. He agrees to sign a card and I end up mailing it, at the same time with several other requests to other players that were almost considered sure things. I figured Haas was too.

I end up getting all of them back, EXCEPT Haas. I never bothered to actually track the packages (I had tracking on both) to make sure my packaged arrived or to see if he ever mailed the return package. I want to think it just got lost and maybe this will motivate me to dig up the tracking numbers and check.

The card is not a cheap common either, because its a higher number series and he shared it with Rusty Staub!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (76.5 KB, 136 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:47 PM
Steven Finley

Thanks for sharing Curt. I haven't been tracking Haas, but I'll add him to the list.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:50 AM

Well mine looks way too similar to yours. The seller had a story that he lived in Toledo and knew Fritz, and he agreed to sign a few cards. This was a couple of years back. I had been looking for a signed card for years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fritz2.jpg (81.2 KB, 102 views)
Old 01-09-2021, 05:55 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Here's the one I just got in a group lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0141.jpg (68.1 KB, 54 views)