NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-02-2023, 10:18 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post

Why bump a 3 year old thread that wasn’t being discussed?
So he can run very late damage control for his sales outlet.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:19 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Nobody really cares anymore. Opinions happen formed people have drawn their own conclusions and that’s that The hobby/industry has moved on.

Next
Oh, well that and refunds for anyone smart enough to catch on makes it ok.
Good to know.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-02-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:45 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willjaimet View Post
From what I’ve heard Jeffrey, you’re the one who needs to be investigated. I’d chill out on casting stones from your glass house. I know what you did and you’re a total piece of garbage. I’m not going to expose it here because it’s not my issue but you are a dispicable human and deserve to spend the rest of your days in a box.
Please do provide your grand jury testimony here on N54!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-02-2023, 01:52 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
https://www.sportscardradio.com/hero...up-break-scam/

not sure i'd want to do business with Will.
Interesting video.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Dan Bretta

Is this the real Will Jaimet or someone trolling?
Old 02-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
So are you someone who altered and sold a lot of those altered cards through PWCC? That is what your post sounds like so figured I would ask.

I do agree that the majority of high end sports cards are altered in some way, especially vintage cards.
CARD TRIMMER

Will Jaimet
a.k.a "One Touch"
Tigard, Oregon

LOL. Thanks for the laugh... "One Touch"

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-02-2023 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:06 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I got a text from him and went from that, for his registration. That said, I will verify in the morning..

Last edited by Leon; 02-02-2023 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:00 AM
Ben North

Quote:
My first thought was loony tunes Mathew was back with another fake ID.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
My first thought was loony tunes Mathew was back with another fake ID.
It could be him. I don't know of a more psychotic person in our hobby, and that
's saying something. He is a real threat, imo. Absolutely bat-ass crazy.
This thread is going to be locked for now until I can confirm Will is Will.......

Edited Update- I just received a call from Will and we had a chat. My only concern with the issue is that people are who they purport to be. He sounded like Will to me. He said he was tired of all of the crap and wants to defend himself. He said he will come back on and answer questions. But that is his call.

Last edited by Leon; 02-03-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Interesting thread bump, with 5 very provactive posts. Lots of new members on the board since the last post in July of 2019… this should be interesting.

I have only two comments/questions: (1) why on earth did you dig this up after 2.5 years? (2) I believe Jeff knows his stuff and is smart enough fully to comprehend what he posts on a public chat board.
Thank you for asking why I brought this back up. To be honest I feel wronged and was attacked publicly. I decided I would no longer let people speak negatively about me without merit. I put a separate post up with my contact info if anyone needs anything.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:44 AM
Banned

I was accused of that. Since it’s hard to tell with encased cards, I bought back every card to my knowledge that buyers were in happy with. I still will always do that. Take care.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
How about putting your name on your posts?

Do you happen to work for Brent?
My name is on my posts.

To be honest I’ve never worked for Brent but have a great deal of respect for what he’s built over the last decade or so. If he’s hiring I want a consulting job!
Old 02-03-2023, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
https://www.sportscardradio.com/hero...up-break-scam/

not sure i'd want to do business with Will.
That’s good man, I don’t need your business. I appreciate the judgement. It just makes me stronger. Enjoy your life.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I only truthfully know of one...now.

Has PWCC contacted the buyers of your consignments and asked the buyers if they would like a refund as of yet? I could post the BODA Blowout thread if you would need help creating a list.
Hello, I don’t know if they did or not. Feel free to make a blowout thread. I stand behind anything I sell.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
Curious :-)
Yup! He was my pops. If you knew him I’d love to hear about your relationship with that crazy bastard! Feel free to give me a call at (503) 351-0139.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
So he can run very late damage control for his sales outlet.
What sales outlet lol? I closed down the company. I should bring it back as the hobby needs it but it’s too much work for little pay for me to do it again at this moment in time.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:55 AM
Tony Baldwin

I saw the twitter war between you and madeforwinter/sportscardradio. Do you think it would help to do one radio show where you can explain, discuss, and take questions from people? There are so many sites and threads about this, much gets lost in the facts and truth. Just a thought.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:57 AM
Banned

Adam,

I enjoyed skimming your articles and can tell you are a highly intelligent individual. If you ever would be interested in doing an interview I would be up for it. You can ask me any questions. Take care and enjoy the weekend!
Old 02-03-2023, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Please do provide your grand jury testimony here on N54!
Lol! To be honest I won’t say anything I don’t know to be 100% fact. Too bad the rest of the internet doesn’t follow that code.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
Interesting video.
Yeah, you think if you’d make a piece like that about someone you’d at least reach out to the person you’re trying to publicly smear. But SCR has no accountability. I challenged both brothers who own it to sign waivers, and meet me in a cage for a 2 vs 1 war. I even offered to bring $25,000 cash if they could make me tap out or knock me out. But they’re ducking me and I don’t blame them, because I would wreck them live on stream for everyone to see.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
The one and only
Old 02-03-2023, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
CARD TRIMMER

Will Jaimet
a.k.a "One Touch"
Tigard, Oregon

LOL. Thanks for the laugh... "One Touch"
Laughter is a key to life. I’m glad rhat you get off on other people’s demise. One touch is kinda a cool nickname to be honest. Shit is true lol
Old 02-03-2023, 09:05 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Yeah, you think if you’d make a piece like that about someone you’d at least reach out to the person you’re trying to publicly smear. But SCR has no accountability. I challenged both brothers who own it to sign waivers, and meet me in a cage for a 2 vs 1 war. I even offered to bring $25,000 cash if they could make me tap out or knock me out. But they’re ducking me and I don’t blame them, because I would wreck them live on stream for everyone to see.
This is the twitter war I was referring to in my earlier post. I'm new to this entire thing, as I've been reading most of it over the past couple of days. I'm all for truth and redemption, if and when applicable.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I got a text from him and went from that, for his registration. That said, I will verify in the morning..
Leon, is an absolute gentleman and a good business man. I miss his auctions! They always had the coolest rare prewar. I commend him for letting people have a voice. Thomas Fish the true scammer won’t let me on that cess pool that is called blowout forums.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It could be him. I don't know of a more psychotic person in our hobby, and that
's saying something. He is a real threat, imo. Absolutely bat-ass crazy.
This thread is going to be locked for now until I can confirm Will is Will.......

Edited Update- I just received a call from Will and we had a chat. My only concern with the issue is that people are who they purport to be. He sounded like Will to me. He said he was tired of all of the crap and wants to defend himself. He said he will come back on and answer questions. But that is his call.
Can you expand on how I’m a real threat? I agree but I want to hear your perspective.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
I saw the twitter war between you and madeforwinter/sportscardradio. Do you think it would help to do one radio show where you can explain, discuss, and take questions from people? There are so many sites and threads about this, much gets lost in the facts and truth. Just a thought.
This is a great idea, and I appreciate you suggesting it. I am going to be releasing a pod cast at some point here soon. But a live show would be great. I will do it with sportscard radio if they’ll first meet me in a ring/cage first. Mano e Mano
Old 02-03-2023, 09:09 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Thank you for asking why I brought this back up. To be honest I feel wronged and was attacked publicly. I decided I would no longer let people speak negatively about me without merit. I put a separate post up with my contact info if anyone needs anything.
Hi Will - I'm also from Oregon. I live in Wilsonville, and work downtown in Portland, so in some ways, we're probably practically neighbors. I'm relatively new on the Net54 board (about ~9 months now), so I'm not intimately familiar with the history here, and I also have never purchased one of your products, which means that you and I also have no previous commercial relationship.

But if you will indulge me, I might venture a few (hopefully helpful) observations:

1) I've never heard your name before you started posting in the last day or two. This suggests to me that no one is really talking about you, including the important fact that no one is talking negatively about you, at least not around here, at least not as long as I've been around here, prior to the last 1-2 days at least.

2) Reading some of the older posts, along with a few of the responses you've received so far suggests to me that you're not likely to receive a warm and welcoming reception around here. So your strategy may be flawed, unless all you really want is to pick some fights. If all you want is to mix it up with the Net54 populace, then my guess is that your strategy will be successful.

3) While it seems like you want to defend yourself, prior to your re-appearance, no one seems to have mentioned you in a while. As such, it seems like you're digging up old and cold history that many of us either didn't know existed, or had moved on from. Since it seems to be history, my advice would be to leave it in the past. The only potential exception might be if you're looking to process refunds for anyone who feels they didn't get their money's worth from your past products - I'm sure anyone in that position will appreciate your gesture.

4) If you're wanting to rehabilitate your image, and prove that you're a great guy, then actions speak louder than words. Coming on here and sparring with net54 posters probably isn't going to get you there. Processing refunds, sure. Putting out good products that are well received by the hobby, sure. But arguing, even loudly and stridently, about the ancient past on hobby chat boards probably won't do much to change hearts and minds.

Just a few modest ideas, in the spirit of trying to be helpful to you in your quest. While all of us enjoy throwing metaphorical rocks at each other, and having a front row seat as others trade blows, my experience as an erstwhile combatant in one or two great Net54 battles of yore is that sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Good luck!

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 02-03-2023, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is the twitter war I was referring to in my earlier post. I'm new to this entire thing, as I've been reading most of it over the past couple of days. I'm all for truth and redemption, if and when applicable.
Tony,

Thank you for saying that. You sir are more of what the hobby needs.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Can you expand on how I’m a real threat? I agree but I want to hear your perspective.
I wasn't referring to you at all. If you look at Ben's post, it's about Matthew Zimmerman. And yes, I think he has acted bat ass crazy. As a matter of fact, if you ask him, he will probably admit to it.

"Formerly known as multiple personality disorder, this disorder is characterized by "switching" to alternate identities. You may feel the presence of two or more people talking or living inside your head, and you may feel as though you're possessed by other identities."

Last edited by Leon; 02-03-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Hi Will - I'm also from Oregon. I live in Wilsonville, and work downtown in Portland, so in some ways, we're probably practically neighbors. I'm relatively new on the Net54 board (about ~9 months now), so I'm not intimately familiar with the history here, and I also have never purchased one of your products, which means that you and I also have no previous commercial relationship.

But if you will indulge me, I might venture a few (hopefully helpful) observations:

1) I've never heard your name before you started posting in the last day or two. This suggests to me that no one is really talking about you, including the important fact that no one is talking negatively about you, at least not around here, at least not as long as I've been around here, prior to the last 1-2 days at least.

2) Reading some of the older posts, along with a few of the responses you've received so far suggests to me that you're not likely to receive a warm and welcoming reception around here. So your strategy may be flawed, unless all you really want is to pick some fights. If all you want is to mix it up with the Net54 populace, then my guess is that your strategy will be successful.

3) While it seems like you want to defend yourself, prior to your re-appearance, no one seems to have mentioned you in a while. As such, it seems like you're digging up old and cold history that many of us either didn't know existed, or had moved on from. Since it seems to be history, my advice would be to leave it in the past. The only potential exception might be if you're looking to process refunds for anyone who feels they didn't get their money's worth from your past products - I'm sure anyone in that position will appreciate your gesture.

4) If you're wanting to rehabilitate your image, and prove that you're a great guy, then actions speak louder than words. Coming on here and sparring with net54 posters probably isn't going to get you there. Processing refunds, sure. Putting out good products that are well received by the hobby, sure. But arguing, even loudly and stridently, about the ancient past on hobby chat boards probably won't do much to change hearts and minds.

Just a few modest ideas, in the spirit of trying to be helpful to you in your quest. While all of us enjoy throwing metaphorical rocks at each other, and having a front row seat as others trade blows, my experience as an erstwhile combatant in one or two great Net54 battles of yore is that sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Good luck!
Hi!

Great post and I agree with some of it. But to be completely honest it was a lot to read and I’ve got to get into the Houston Tristar show here soon. But I’d love to meet for coffee if you want. 503-351-0139 is my cell. Feel free to text me if you’d like to grab a venti
Old 02-03-2023, 09:20 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
This is a great idea, and I appreciate you suggesting it. I am going to be releasing a pod cast at some point here soon. But a live show would be great. I will do it with sportscard radio if they’ll first meet me in a ring/cage first. Mano e Mano
If you do, one recommendation, try to let go of the anger. It will make all the difference in the world and you won't lose the listeners. Perception of anger is sometimes seen as defensiveness. I know it's tough to do so, but it truly does matter. Been there, done that. Good luck!
Old 02-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
If you do, one recommendation, try to let go of the anger. It will make all the difference in the world and you won't lose the listeners. Perception of anger is sometimes seen as defensiveness. I know it's tough to do so, but it truly does matter. Been there, done that. Good luck!
Tremendous advice. I do my best to write from an angle that doesn’t exhibit anger. But sometimes in life anger is needed. My at the time 9 year old son saw a video SCR made about me and it wasn’t fair because I didn’t even know it existed. So I am angry towards them as they run their mouth without having the whole picture. That is the sign of a true coward and simpleton. But as a whole I’m not angry.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:36 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
What sales outlet lol? I closed down the company. I should bring it back as the hobby needs it but it’s too much work for little pay for me to do it again at this moment in time.
PWCC home of card trimmers and from what I can find one of the places you sold your trimmed stuff.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:44 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Because that's a logical and useful response...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-03-2023, 03:26 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I challenged both brothers who own it to sign waivers, and meet me in a cage for a 2 vs 1 war. I even offered to bring $25,000 cash if they could make me tap out or knock me out. But they’re ducking me and I don’t blame them, because I would wreck them live on stream for everyone to see.
This is the reply to them publishing your conviction for a violence related crime? Doesn't responding with violence kind of seem like a not good response to that accusation?
Old 02-03-2023, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
This is the reply to them publishing your conviction for a violence related crime? Doesn't responding with violence kind of seem like a not good response to that accusation?
It can be portrayed that way. However I’m old school, and I believe if you are going to slander someone without asking their opinion/perspective, they should have the right to call you out legally. To be honest, he has always been the one over the years to claim he’s a tough guy and that he’s from Stockton. So I decided to call out the bully and his brother both. I haven’t been in an actual real scrap since college but for them I’d come out of retirement.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post

Good luck!
Hi,

I just sat down and re-read this post as earlier I was trying to get into the Houston show and I was rushed.

I really appreciate the guidance and kind words. However, this is my life and my Legacy. While I am not perfect I also have never screwed one person out of any money whatsoever. Therefore I am going to be willing to speak to anyone who has a problem and try to get to the bottom of it.

Enjoy your weekend!

Will J
Old 02-03-2023, 04:56 PM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Sigh

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2023, 05:01 PM
Banned

Someone just mentioned to me that some of my posts are being posted on blowout. I would like to say thank you for that. I applied for an account and asked Thomas Fish if I would be able to post to defend myself but they denied me. Please let 312 know that he should do a podcast with me and quit hiding. I’d like to know what his motivation was and who his co conspirators wept knock Heroes out of the wax game.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:28 PM
Dan Bretta

Did you or did you not alter cards?
Old 02-03-2023, 05:29 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Someone just mentioned to me that some of my posts are being posted on blowout. I would like to say thank you for that. I applied for an account and asked Thomas Fish if I would be able to post to defend myself but they denied me. Please let 312 know that he should do a podcast with me and quit hiding. I’d like to know what his motivation was and who his co conspirators wept knock Heroes out of the wax game.
How about trying even a little bit to defend yourself here. You have been asked many questions that you completely ignore. I personally take that as you being guilty of all allegations.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

Quote:
But SCR has no accountability. I challenged both brothers who own it to sign waivers, and meet me in a cage for a 2 vs 1 war. I even offered to bring $25,000 cash if they could make me tap out or knock me out.
I’d pay to watch this. It could be done at the National.

Last edited by EddieP; 02-03-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:05 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
How about trying even a little bit to defend yourself here. You have been asked many questions that you completely ignore. I personally take that as you being guilty of all allegations.
Time to ignore perhaps.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:09 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Time to ignore perhaps.
I never ignore posters. You could miss out on way too many beyond silly posts and this poster is on a roll.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:27 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Did you or did you not alter cards?
+1 this is really the only question that needs to be answered by OP for most members here. Save all that foofaraw and shine for someplace else.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 02-03-2023, 09:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

foo·fa·raw
/ˈfo͞ofəˌrô/
Learn to pronounce
INFORMAL
noun
a great deal of fuss or attention given to a minor matter.
showy frills added unnecessarily.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
I’m not sure what I missed besides the questions about restoration. Here is my answer to that. I like many others played the game PSA created. I have never paid off any graders unlike many others. If anyone has ever been unhappy with any of my cards, I bought them back for their purchase price. Instead of trying to condemn me for my answers to your questions, maybe try to look at it from a different viewpoint and give me some credit for sharing this. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:14 AM
Ben North

Quote:
I’m not sure what I missed besides the questions about restoration. Here is my answer to that. I like many others played the game PSA created. I have never paid off any graders unlike many others. If anyone has ever been unhappy with any of my cards, I bought them back for their purchase price. Instead of trying to condemn me for my answers to your questions, maybe try to look at it from a different viewpoint and give me some credit for sharing this. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Still no answer just more hot air as expected. I will credit you for making a lot of hilarious posts. You sound like a spoiled little kid that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Then using 6 year old logic to explain it. Please keep posting I haven't read posts this silly since Mize saying how his OC cards are worth the same price as cards without a qualifier.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:26 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I like many others played the game PSA created. I have never paid off any graders unlike many others.
See guys he's not bad, it's PSA's fault, and besides everyone was doing it, and some guys did even worse stuff so it's all OK...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions