NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Default Another SGC holder concern with input/opinions needed

I recently picked up a W551 Ruth/Cobb in SGC 80 from Brad (thanks Brad!) on the B/S/T and I have another concern about the SGC holder/gasket. Upon close inspection of the card, which is beautiful...I love it, I noticed that the gasket in the lower right corner seems to have a tiny "tooth" which appears to be hitting the bottom edge of the card and is causing damage to the edge, which although minute, can be seen by the naked eye and is clearly seen using a loop.

My question is should I contact SGC for a re-holder and go through the trouble of sending the card back in even if this offered free of charge or should I just let it be, seeing as how the damage, albeit very minor, is already done? Has anyone else had a similar issue and what did you do?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:44 AM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Send the holder back

I have had a couple issues over the years with holders and can say SGC is top-notch in addressing problems very quickly.

They have always gone out of their way to assist to make things right. (Thanks Earl!)

Gary
Old 01-23-2015, 12:36 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

If the damage is already done, I wouldn't take the time to send it back...
Old 01-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
If the damage is already done, I wouldn't take the time to send it back...
Yeah, that's kind of the way I was leaning. It is very minor ding and I don't think it's enough to impact the grade so I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle. Talked to Earl at SGC and they will re-holder for free, but I'd be out shipping to and from and the ding will still be there so what's the point?

God I hope I'm not gonna be that parent who only sees the "B" on my son's otherwise straight "A" report card. Unfortunately that edge ding that shouldn't be there is all I can see at the moment.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
they will re-holder for free, but I'd be out shipping to and from
Way to go SGC. It is important to make your customer "whole" after making a mistake. Or half?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Larrie Dean

Default Reholdering (SGC)

Last May I asked SGC to reholder a card....reholder only! It came back reholdered AND regraded. Previous grade an 88...new grade 70! The good news is that when contacted they actually PAID me the difference $$!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:59 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Yeah, that's kind of the way I was leaning. It is very minor ding and I don't think it's enough to impact the grade so I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle. Talked to Earl at SGC and they will re-holder for free, but I'd be out shipping to and from and the ding will still be there so what's the point?

God I hope I'm not gonna be that parent who only sees the "B" on my son's otherwise straight "A" report card. Unfortunately that edge ding that shouldn't be there is all I can see at the moment.
Also, what is the point in re-holdering a card with SGC when they are using the same gaskets? All you are doing is paying shipping both ways, risking the card sliding all over in transit, to get the same poor product you currently have.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972