NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default WARNING: theenigma31680 is an unethical seller

Be careful when you deal with this person. I spent a day and a half negotiating a price which they finally called an "acceptable" offer and gave me an email address to send payment. I sent payment in the form of a gift via paypal to the address they provided and the seller responds by saying they received a higher offer than mine after our agreement and will break our agreement and sell to the higher offer. They say they never received my payment which I assured them I sent. I also state that regardless of whether they received it or not we already had a verbal in place and should honor it or at least contact me before moving on to find out if i'm still interested. They try to get me to go away by offering a free consolation prize. I say I don't want a consolation prize, I want what we agreed on. I show them a screen shot of my payment to them and they say I spelled their address wrong. Turns out they added a extra letter in their email address when they sent me the payment info. I tell them that was their fault and they should still honor the agreement or I will let everyone know on the forums that they're ripping me off. They say I'm threatening them by doing that.

It sucks they gave me an incorrect address. Accidents happen, I don't hold that against them. What I do hold against them is accepting a higher offer from someone else after agreeing to a deal with me and then not contacting me to see why they hadn't seen the money yet. I putting this out here because even after having the opportunity to make it right they decided $25 extra dollars was more important than their integrity.

I adamantly urge you to block this person from all of your future transactions.

4reals - Joe Wier
Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Yld.er Ri.za

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
Be careful when you deal with this person. I spent a day and a half negotiating a price which they finally called an "acceptable" offer and gave me an email address to send payment. I sent payment in the form of a gift via paypal to the address they provided and the seller responds by saying they received a higher offer than mine after our agreement and will break our agreement and sell to the higher offer. They say they never received my payment which I assured them I sent. I also state that regardless of whether they received it or not we already had a verbal in place and should honor it or at least contact me before moving on to find out if i'm still interested. They try to get me to go away by offering a free consolation prize. I say I don't want a consolation prize, I want what we agreed on. I show them a screen shot of my payment to them and they say I spelled their address wrong. Turns out they added a extra letter in their email address when they sent me the payment info. I tell them that was their fault and they should still honor the agreement or I will let everyone know on the forums that they're ripping me off. They say I'm threatening them by doing that.

It sucks they gave me an incorrect address. Accidents happen, I don't hold that against them. What I do hold against them is accepting a higher offer from someone else after agreeing to a deal with me and then not contacting me to see why they hadn't seen the money yet. I putting this out here because even after having the opportunity to make it right they decided $25 extra dollars was more important than their integrity.

I adamantly urge you to block this person from all of your future transactions.

4reals - Joe Wier
I can understand why you're upset, but from what you said, they did nothing wrong legally or ethically because you don't know if they gave you the email address with an extra letter on purpose. If I think someone is wasting my time, I don't go after them. I just sell to the next person if someone else is willing to buy. Whether it was a legitimate mistake or not on the part of the seller in giving you the email address, I don't think he owes you anything. It would be nice if he made up for it if it indeed was an error, but he really owes you nothing.

Don't you find what you did unethical by using Paypal to send a free payment? The argument can be made that you ripped Paypal off by sending a gift payment to someone that was neither your friend, nor your family member. Paypal as much as I hate them are a business. Their business is money transactions. They charge a fee. You avoided Paypal getting the fee they collect when you marked it as a gift. That's unethical too, so that makes you an unethical buyer.

I'm not defending this seller. I have never dealt with him or heard of him until your post. I'm looking at it as a neutral party. Why should he honor the agreement if he never received the payment from you which you just said he never got? In his eyes, you broke the agreement. I don't see anywhere how you were ripped off, so it makes you look like the liar here and unethical. For them to rip you off they would have had to have taken your money then never sent you anything. You admit that they never got your money and still offered you the "consolation" prize, so where exactly were you ripped off?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Ted Stick.les

Kinda like your last post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acollector View Post
I can understand why you're upset, but from what you said, they did nothing wrong legally or ethically because you don't know if they gave you the email address with an extra letter on purpose. If I think someone is wasting my time, I don't go after them. I just sell to the next person if someone else is willing to buy. Whether it was a legitimate mistake or not on the part of the seller in giving you the email address, I don't think he owes you anything. It would be nice if he made up for it if it indeed was an error, but he really owes you nothing.

Don't you find what you did unethical by using Paypal to send a free payment? The argument can be made that you ripped Paypal off by sending a gift payment to someone that was neither your friend, nor your family member. Paypal as much as I hate them are a business. Their business is money transactions. They charge a fee. You avoided Paypal getting the fee they collect when you marked it as a gift. That's unethical too, so that makes you an unethical buyer.

I'm not defending this seller. I have never dealt with him or heard of him until your post. I'm looking at it as a neutral party. Why should he honor the agreement if he never received the payment from you which you just said he never got? In his eyes, you broke the agreement. I don't see anywhere how you were ripped off, so it makes you look like the liar here and unethical. For them to rip you off they would have had to have taken your money then never sent you anything. You admit that they never got your money and still offered you the "consolation" prize, so where exactly were you ripped off?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Yld.er Ri.za

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage954 View Post
Kinda like your last post?
Do you actually know how to read?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Ted Stick.les

Actually, I didn't even read your entire post. I stopped after the first 4 sentences because you started crying like a little 14 year old girl who just got her period. Then you go into someone else's post and start picking at them because you have a stick up your ass. Sound right "mr. Witty"?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Yld.er Ri.za

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage954 View Post
Actually, I didn't even read your entire post. I stopped after the first 4 sentences because you started crying like a little 14 year old girl who just got her period. Then you go into someone else's post and start picking at them because you have a stick up your ass. Sound right "mr. Witty"?
The only 14-year-old I see here is your obnoxious response. The way you write, you sound to me like either someone that never got through high school, or someone that was abused. You read 4 sentences and assume what is being said. I really hope no one relies on you for their health or safety.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Ted Stick.les

That's the best you can come up with? More personal insults to negate your belly aching? I didn't graduate high school, I was abused and because of that I ended up collecting and enjoying the same hobby as you. So what does that say about you? Call me some more names... It turns me on
Old 04-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Guys, fair warning - I'm going to need personal attacks and other arguments pertaining to topics other than the original subject matter taken off the board. Personal attacks, as well as hijacking threads are both against our forum rules. Nothing personal to any of you, just trying to keep this place a clean/safe one to enjoy our hobby.

Much appreciated....
Old 04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Yld.er Ri.za

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Guys, fair warning - I'm going to need personal attacks and other arguments pertaining to topics other than the original subject matter taken off the board. Personal attacks, as well as hijacking threads are both against our forum rules. Nothing personal to any of you, just trying to keep this place a clean/safe one to enjoy our hobby.

Much appreciated....
Shammus, the best thing to do is ban someone that starts insulting for no apparent reason. Read the history and you will see that I responded to personal attacks against me that were unwarranted. I have nothing else to say about the matter which is why I didn't respond further to the last insults against me, so there is no need to respond. I put that user on ignore. I apologize to you and the other good users that had to be subjected to it.