NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard magazine

Posted By: Bryan Long

Does anyone know when the next issue will be out? I have not gotten one for quite some time and was just curious. Does anyone here have any article in the next issue?

Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

On their website it says expect delivery around July 15th,2 weeks from today.Looks like there will be article from Leon(our fearless leader) and Brian McQueen(his trusty sidekick)

Old 07-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
I am very biased towards OldCardboard Magazine in a positive manner. It's a great mag for our vintage cards and I don't know of another current one being produced. I assure everyone I have no financial interest at all in the magazine or it's operations but if you haven't subscribed you should. It has great articles and pictures and lot's of information in it. If you are reading this forum then you really should be a subscriber. It will be the best $23.50 you spend this year, I assure you. (and you can see that great article by me ) best regards

http://www.oldcardboard.com/

Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: cn

Just got my copy today and it looks great as usual.

Old 07-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Very cool article about Breisch-Williams. The rest is typically high standards as well. So far the quality has improved every issue and the delivery schedule is also good.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach

I think too that the quality has improved over the issues and looks great. Also kudos for Brian on the e107 article...very nicely written and full of nice pictures and info.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

SGC will be producing another similar product very shortly. dan.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Brian--great article! Another top flight issue of Old Cardboard.

Old 07-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Brian's article was great and Jerry Spillman's had some beautiful photographs of display pieces. The color printing is first rate, something that was always missing from VCBC. And color pictures is really the whole ballgame when it comes to memorabilia.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

I would be interested in knowing what SGC plans to do in the way of a vintage card magazine as well. Will it only be vintage?

Old 07-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Seems that the article was very well-timed too with the recent surge in popularity for the e107 set. Not that e107s needed MORE hype though.....

Old 07-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

(I keep thinking that's MY Thomas they use--I guess it is, because I bought it from Brian). I gotta call Tik& Tik, and find out who "Nik" is. Leon: having developed quite a few pictures in my day, I think the negatives you present SHOULD have produced better positives than they did. How about it? Ah. Self-developing. What the hell is "the open window of a camera? I HAD a camera in 1949, and it wasn't a Brownie, either. But--nothing was open...artificial or sunlight...would recommend STRONG
light...
There are only EIGHT series #2 Breich-Williams? I mean, one pose each of 8 players...geez.

Tsk, tsk. The Fan Craze Bender in the B.W. article came out in 1906 (not 04), the same as all the other Fan Craze...

Nice to see new faces in the Collectors' Corner...and new names.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

The t206 looks slightly different. They might have touched up the uni, changed the shirt folds and Bender's eyes but that doesn't really make sense. It was very common for players to be photographed several years apart and look almost exactly the same - obvious examples are Jimmy Collins and Keeler. There are even some batting poses that never seemed to change - I've seen several Mantle posed LH shots that are almost identical, but not quite.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

arrived in the Ozarks today, great service! Just wish the E98 Coombs I won on ebay and which was shipped June 27th had made it Sheesh, first UPS and now USPS....

Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I got mine today. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Great work, guys!