NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: Lee Behrens

No boy guys try everything to get into your acount.

I got notice that I had paid for a new TV thru my Paypal account. It had a link that you were to click if you did not authorize this purchase.

I have gotten into the habit of checking my account on both Paypal and Ebay anytime I get things like this and low and behold, I had no charge on my account.

Just a heads up, never click the clicks on any eamil from paypal or ebay, you can always find if the email is real at your account.

Lee

Old 04-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: steve f

In case noone else knows, forward it to both; spoof@ebay.com, spoof@paypal.com

If you can cut n paste the header/source to the top of that email eBay can exorcize that site. Of course there will be another phish site up in a few minutes to replace it.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: warshawlaw

Ebay and Paypal will never send you any investigative notification or similar email with a link in it. Any email from them that has a link should be treated as phishing and deleted. Period. If no one ever opened these emails the scam would wither on the vine and die.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: joe

I get these once or twice month, just forward to Spoof.

joe

Old 04-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: Scot Reader

Lee,
Sounds like we got the same email. A $390.85 Sony camera will be charged to my credit card and shipped to some guy named Larry Stark in Fresno unless I dispute the charge by entering my paypal password into a paypal spoof site. Sound familiar? I'm embarrassed to say that this one actually had me going for a while--wasn't the usual "we'll shut down your paypal account unless you respond immediately" type of scam (usually riddled with typos) that I've grown acccustomed to.
Scot

Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I've received a new version of this email as well - a few times in fact. They'll write me with a short note that says something along the lines of "This Email is to confirm that bobsmith@hotmail.com is now your new primary email address. If this information is incorrect, please click here..."

The intriguing part of this is they try to hijack your account by making you think that your account has already been hijacked.

Just for the record, another dead giveaway in these is the spelling. For whatever reason, the individuals behind these spoofs must not have been English majors in school as I always find one or two misspelled words or grammatically incorrect sentences in the ones I receive.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: steve f

Yea, the typos are frequent. You'd expect at least one Romanian in their village to own a Funk & Wagnalls.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

Just a heads up...I got an email today from ebay member tmcneil2hv4 stating that he was still waiting for an item I had sold him for 5 days. DO NOT click on the respond message, it will direct you to a different site. I have to admit that it got me, since I have been selling a few things lately so I had to go thru and up date everything with new passwords.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal Scammers

Posted By: Richard Simon

The phishers will be around forever.
The direct e mail now from someone who had a question about a transaction with you is just the latest scam. First it was e mails directly from ebay or paypal, now its from a fake buyer.
Who knows what will be next.
Never enter your credit card or password on a website that does not say
https:

--

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss