NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Default Suspicious ....??

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=5108836583&rd=1

also the other guy with the T202s (which I might very well buy if it wasn't so suspicious).

Old 07-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Why would they want you to preregister with just one day ? Also the lack of a RESERVE (and the rather enticing BINs) are especailly suspect.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenny Cole

I saw it too, and immediately had the same thoughts as you expressed. To my way of thinking, a one day auction, pre-registration requirement, seller with 32 feedback and a BIN of $4,999 on this card probably does not bode well for the unlucky winner's prospects of getting what he/she paid for. Guess I'll have to pass on this one.

Kenny

Old 07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

Last time we saw one like this the seller collected his list of approved bidders and then contacted them after the auction. He'd tell them that the other bidder(s) backed out and then offered to sell to the newest "sucker". He then disappeared with the money of all that would fall for it. He would run one day auctions so that he could get off of ebay's radar screen as quickly as possible. He'd then make his deals outside of ebay so that they wouldn't be involved.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

The last time I saw this game played was about 8 months to a year ago with a PSA graded Delahanty N172 card. I tried to register with no success. The seller then contacted me and tried to sell it for less than the original starting auction price. I knew it was a scam so I had a bit of fun, I told them that I was sending a cashiers check to them. I received a few more emails from them wanting to know when the check was sent. "Checks in the mail." The address was in the UK. What a joke.

I wouldn't doubt that this is probably the same schmuck or the same game.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Administrator

See the following link for more of the same crud....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5108855614

Old 07-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Hey Judge - I just sent an email to try to preregister for the auction you mentioned. The seller indicates in his auction that he is from Overland Park, KS which is where I live. I might be able to have fun with this one!

Old 07-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Almost all of her 33 feedbacks (left for others) are thanking people for dresses jewelry and hand-made beads. Believe it or don't.
In the gushyest way possible.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Administrator

I knew that someone was from Overland Park KS. I purchased an N172 from you in the past. By the way THANKS - IT'S GREAT. By the way, don't out bid me on that Jackson card, now. If you do I'll have to hire a demo team in your area to let you know how I feel about that!!!

Old 07-13-2004, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Don't worry about me...for the most part I only collect unique one-of-a-kind material now. Jerks like these guys have run me off from the cards.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

I was sort of thinking along the same lines - messing with this guy a bit as I live in Lenexa, which is a city that shares a border with Overland Park. I like how the User's ID reads like a business name "MVP Cards". Funny how there's no business with that name anywhere in this area....

Old 07-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

I know a (recent) previous owner of the T202 Johnson. From what he tells me the BIN would be much much less than 1/2 of what it recently sold it for.... HMMM
Still I attemtped to "pre-register" just to see what would happen. So far no word and the auction is due to expire with no bidders and a very low minimum without any reserve.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Administrator

He'll start contacting everybody as soon as the auction expires.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

I sent two emails to the sellers of these items asking to be put on the list and I have not received any responses yet. Both sellers have two items listed so to cover all bases I sent one email for each item. I would go up to a buck on each item just to see whats going on here. And maybe contact ebay just to see if they care. Rob

Old 07-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

stealing images and posting them as if they were his to sell.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Here is the email response I received:

I SAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY ITEMS:

Listing details: Item name: 1912 T202 Hassan Triple Folders Engle/Speaker
Item number: 5108844297
Price: US $1,499.99

Listing details: Item name: 1912 T202 Hassan Triple Folder Johnson/Street
Item number: 5108844896
Price: US $3,999.99

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

REGARDS.

Antonio Maldini
www.tonis-cards.com

--Original Message Text---
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:03:19 -0700

Question for item #5108844896 - 1912 T202 Hassan Triple Folder Johnson/Street .SectionTitle {font-size: small; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold }.SmallTitle {font-size: x-small; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold }.SectionBody {font-size: x-small; font-family: arial, sans-serif}.DetailTable, .DetailTable th {font-size: 10 pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:normal }.Title {font-size: medium; font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif}.BodyFont {font-size: 10 pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:normal}.BodyFontStrong {font-size: 10 pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold}.SmallBody {font-size: xx-small; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:normal; margin-top: 8 px; margin-bottom: 6 px}.Separator {COLOR: #CCCCCC; height: 1px}.HighlightedSeparator {COLOR: #9999cc; height: 1px}.FooterSeparator {COLOR: #CCCCCC; height: 1px}.Footer, .Footer p {font-size: xx-small; font-family:arial, sans-serif; color:#666666; margin-top: 2 px; margin-bottom: 8 px}.SmallPara, .SmallParap {margin-top: 8 px; margin-bottom: 6 px}.ItemTitle {font-size: 10pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold }Question about your item Question about your item

Dear papayalizzie,

Hi, Can I get a scan of the back of this card? Thanks

Item # Item Title Listing end date 5108844896 1912 T202 Hassan Triple Folder Johnson/Street Jul-13-04

Thank you,
bowlingshoegiverouterguy

Need help calculating shipping cost? Use the Shipping Calculator.

Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without bidding on and winning the item on eBay? These "off eBay" transactions violate eBay policy and may be unsafe. You can click here to report it. Learn more about safe trading.

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection. This eBay notice was sent to thoma196@bama.ua.edu based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

=================================================
Antonio Maldini
Toni's SportsCards Stores
http://www.tonis-cards.com
tonis_cards_store@yahoo.co.uk

Old 07-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

I also received an email.                                                                                                                                                                                      I SAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY ITEMS:

Listing details: Item name: 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #053 EX 5
Item number: 5108855054
Price: US $1,999.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5108855054&ssPageName= ADME:B:EOAS:US:3

Listing details: Item name: 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #144 EX-MT 6
Item number: 5108855614
Price: US $1,999.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5108855614&ssPageName= ADME:B:EOAS:US:3

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

REGARDS.

Antonio Maldini
www.tonis-cards.com

--Original Message Text---
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:57:02 -0700

Question from eBay Member .SectionTitle {font-size: small; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold }.SmallTitle {font-size: x-small; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold }.SectionBody {font-size: x-small; font-family: arial, sans-serif}.DetailTable, .DetailTable th {font-size: 10 pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:normal }.Title {font-size: medium; font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif}.BodyFont {font-size: 10 pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:normal}.BodyFontStrong {font-size: 10 pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold}.SmallBody {font-size: xx-small; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:normal; margin-top: 8 px; margin-bottom: 6 px}.Separator {COLOR: #CCCCCC; height: 1px}.HighlightedSeparator {COLOR: #9999cc; height: 1px}.FooterSeparator {COLOR: #CCCCCC; height: 1px}.Footer, .Footer p {font-size: xx-small; font-family:arial, sans-serif; color:#666666; margin-top: 2 px; margin-bottom: 8 px}.SmallPara, .SmallParap {margin-top: 8 px; margin-bottom: 6 px}.ItemTitle {font-size: 10pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight:bold }This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system. If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and not through eBay.

Message From eBay Member
If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Such services offer Internet shoppers no protection against fraud.

Dear mvp-cards,

I would also like to be placed on the pre-approved bidder/buyer list for this item. Rob

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,
bigb13

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection. This eBay notice was sent to thomasonavenue@juno.com based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

=================================================
Antonio Maldini
Toni's SportsCards Stores
http://www.tonis-cards.com
tonis_cards_store@yahoo.co.uk
Old 07-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Administrator

This might be a question for Bill, where can we send off these emails to ebay? I now they do not allow solications off line. Maybe that will get there attention.

Lee

Old 07-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Antonio contacted me with the same email as he did others. Let the playing begin.

I'm working on a deal with Antonio for a few of the items - so please don't snake me out and buy them before I do....

This is the same guy from the other thread that was started a few days before this thread started.

If you look at the website he has you can do a Google search on the address and there are a few other businesses that share the same physical address.

Lets see who gets what.....

Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bcornell

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

You're asked to forward the email you received.

Of all the bad sellers we've seen, this Toni guy is probably the biggest villain - he hijacks accounts, misrepresents his identity and sells items he doesn't own. His karmic destiny is to come back as algae.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Thanks Bill, Mine is off to Ebay, hopefully they do something.

Old 07-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MJ or Kobe?

I almost sent this guy mad dough for 2 cards . Then I found this forum with all this stuff about this guy and at the last second canceled . This guy has a good scam going . I was almost robbed blind !!!

Old 07-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve smith

yesterday held sales on 3 items,very exspensive,pre approved bidders only,tried to get on list,no response,today got email asking if i was interested lets deal,ebay rules of course,no outside bids,he sounded funny in way he asked to do deal,item location says tennesse,he wants money western union to london? has whole con down to a perfect ploy,phony shipping and all,were not as stupid as he thinks,to bad cant get hands on him.at end of email had his web-site,i pulled it up found you guys,this stuff is important to help people not get conned,thanks!

Old 07-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

This just went up for sale on his site yesterday, and at only 900 Euro!

Some of you may recognize this card - curiously, it was slabbed by SGC but this image shows it in a GAI holder. I realize that GAI originally did a pre-grade on it, but this seems kind of weird. I'm sure someone can enlighten me. How did Toni get hold of an image of it in a GAI holder? hmmm...

Old 07-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for being interested about my item.

The items are located in my store in Paris, France, Europe.
My website is www.tonis-cards.com

As shipping carrier i will use TNT Express Inc. or Pegasus Cargo Ltd. so you will receive the package in 2 or 3 business days. The delivery will be door-to-door so you don't have to worry about any other delivery fees when the package will arrive in your country.
As I told you in my first email, all taxes are included in the price.

To protect my business I have adopted the following polices.

Nobody forces you to accept it. If you don't agree, I believe it would be better that none of us lose his time for nothing.

- I will send the item in advance and when you'll receive the tracking number from the carrier and you see that the package is moving I expect from you to send me the payment confirmation in max. 24 hours from that moment. In that way both of us will be protected.
- As a payment method I have chosen Western Union's services because they always served our interests in a professional manner and helped me gain buyers. I consider promptitude a vital condition on the modern eCommerce markets and a guarantee of quality.

If the terms and conditions above are suitable for you and you decide to purchase please email me back with your full name and address to prepare the package.
After I have the shipping information's from you I will prepare the package and I will contact the carrier.

Thank you again for your interest.

I look forward to a favorable reply and just as soon as I receive it, I will send you my payment address.

Regards.

Antonio Maldini
www.tonis-cards.com

Old 07-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

It's easy enough to to make a SGC card appear in GAI holder and vice versa. They both ahve black backgrounds and a simple cut and paste of the card is all that is needed.

Jay

Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gary B.

This guy is no longer a registered user, so I guess someone's e-mail did the trick. Did anyone get a response from ebay that they were investigating this or had investigated him and decided to give his account the boot?

Old 07-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Administrator

lots of things are possible in this life, but modifying a label of a scan that doesn't belong to you, to sell a card you don't own....well....just doesn't compute. No, the scan is doctored.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Administrator

this is an enigma.

But I'm not really concerned - whatever it was, it's about making a buck at anyone else's expense, and many in this hobby look at baseball cards totally as a vehicle for doing just that.

Old 07-30-2004, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JOSH SCHNEIDER

I found this thread too late, and was ripped off for $2000 yesterday. The item was a 1961 Fleer basketball set (all PSA 7). This transaction was done after his Ebay auction. Can anyone help me. Please e-mail me at jsschneider@comcast.net
Thank you!

Old 07-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Administrator

How did you pay for this item? Hopefully it was with a credit card.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Scott, I image is in a GAI holder, you can tell by the black insert to hold the card. It is more sloped than just cut out bigger on the corners.

As far as Josh, find a way to stop payment, whether it is a credit card personal check, money order (yes, there payment can be stopped, contact the money order company) or credit card. Good Luck