NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-27-2016, 10:35 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Default scam alert: fake psa cards from ebay seller "cardregistry"

Bob Evans.

i am good thru amex/paypal.

bought a 67 mantle 9 from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/cardregistry...72.m2749.l2754

typical re-sealment job.

i sent the card to psa and got the letter attached.

asked for a refund from seller w/i 48 hrs. said he couldn't.

but good thru amex/paypal.

however, interesting notes that others may be concerned about...

after conversing w/ seller afterwards, here are some more facts:

1. seller never had cards in hand. people paid him, "consignee" shipped.
2. he told me that he is in the midst of $150,000+ other fake cards sold.
3. i know he had a few other mantles and gem 10 rcs of: montana, rice and your typical marquee rookies.
4. they have removed the listing and pics, but this reseal job was scary good.

so might wanna pass this around or check your inventory to see if ya bought anything from this guy.

cant say for sure it was him or if he was just the beautiful idiot that took on a "consignment " w/o ever having the cards in his actual hands,

but just wanted to give everyone else a heads up that there's another 150K worth of fakes recently dumped into the market.

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-27-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:31 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Do you have a picture of the card? I'm curious to see if this was an older PSA case or even the newer PSA cases w/ new hologram flip are at risk.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

i do. gimme a sec to find her...
Old 02-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

here is the scan i had to provide psa in an attempt to have the card removed from someone else's set....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake mantle.jpg (74.3 KB, 2064 views)
Old 02-27-2016, 12:54 PM
David M.

That does look "scary" good, as you said. I'm glad you got your money back.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:55 PM

Wow.

Last edited by Jdoggs; 02-27-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

So this seller's attitude was basically yeah I know I sold you a bad card but tough luck?
Old 02-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this, Bob! Sucks that you had to go through this process.

What were the signs that tipped you off to it being a reseal, if you don't mind sharing? The scan shows almost no signs of frosting, so that's disheartening.

PSA's note indicated that the seal was "clearly violated". Is this true?

Finally, (sorry for all the questions ) was this the older style holder where you can feel the seam along the sides, or the newer style where the bottom portion fits into the top portion? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

no, it wasn't clearly visible.

i wish i woulda took a better scan of the entire holder...

i think i did and don't want to make any accusations just yet, BUT

to answer your question:

i tried to add it to my inventory on psacard.
other owner of the other mantle said he still had his card.
psa asked me to send it in*.

and this is the kicker:

since i couldn't log it in on psacard.com b/c someone else wouldn't release the cert
i created my own spec using the "add other inventory" tab.
i always do this when someone doesn't release a cert number simply because it let's me keep pertinent info.

well, the "1967 topps mantle psa 9" along w/ the front/back scans has vanished. again, i certainly hope they wouldn't and don't know for 100% certainty but i just hope they didn't go in to my inventory page and delete something....

* i would have sent her in regardless for a reholder. i do this w/ all cards over a certain threshold for protection. the other person not releasing the cert simply pushed it from being on the back burner so to speak...

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-27-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Daryl

The new holders are much better, no?
Old 02-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
The new holders are much better, no?
apparently not considering the 52 mantle 8 that was noted....

I hadn't heard about it, but can anyone post pics?

i'd like to see the case in it's entirety if so...
Old 02-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
apparently not considering the 52 mantle 8 that was noted....

I hadn't heard about it, but can anyone post pics?

i'd like to see the case in it's entirety if so...
Here ya go...

1952TMantle.jpg
Old 02-29-2016, 07:40 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Still no half grade fakes reported...POP is so low..good luck with a PSA 8.5 Mantle 1952 Topps with an owner registry..
Old 03-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Anth.ony Mu.ia (banned)

Default Cardregistry's Reply to Robert Evans Thread on Fake Cards

As the owner of Cardregistry, I would like to take this opportunity to state that Mr. Robert Evans, the individual who posted this thread regarding “fake cards sold by Cardregistry” has very limited credibility on this issue. We sold him a 1967 Topps Mickey Mantle Card that we consigned for a consignor which turned out to be fraudulent.

Upon being informed by Mr. Evans that he sent the card to PSA to confirm its authenticity, we requested that he give us a little time to investigate the matter, and we would get back to him shortly. We were kind enough to provide him with our private number, and he continuously harassed us to receive a refund for approximately three days even before a claim was escalated to Paypal, and we have evidence to support this statement.

At the time he related this to us, we had not yet received any letter from him from PSA, and we weren’t going to take his word for it. Why would we? What if he was the person who tampered with the card? We clearly needed the letter in our possession, and we told him that he would receive a refund upon receipt of it and the Card. Rather than understanding the issue at hand, he posted this thread regarding Cardregistry. We needed to do more research and learn PayPal’s policies regarding an incident of this nature, and it wasn’t until after this conversation that we received the Notification Letter from PSA (Professional Sports Authenticators)

The letter stated, " the case, which is sonically sealed with a tamper-evident feature at our facility, has been broken along the edges of the case for the purpose of switching the card inside the holder. The perpetrator has attempted to reveal the holder back together, but the sonic weld is clearly violated," You can view the entire letter on this thread.

Bob Evans prematurely wrote this thread and stated facts that he knows very little about, such as the amount figure he claims has been sold as well as calling us "beautiful idiots."* The reason we requested the card be returned to us was to help aid in our investigation of this sale with PayPal and other parties accordingly. Cardregistry has been a retailer of Sports Cards for over 4 years now, and we have provided our clients with great quality and outstanding service, so to see this thread is very disturbing as well as unfortunate. The few people who purchased a card from this Consignor have been notified, and I assure you that all cards in our inventory are authentic, and we have a large quite impressive collection. In fact, we have received a letter from PSA’s Counsel that states we had “no direct involvement in the manipulation of the cards at issue or in intentionally or knowingly selling Fraudulent cards. Rather, it presently appears that Cardregistry was victimized by its consignor and others acting in concert with” the Consignor. It’s very unfortunate that Mr. Evans prematurely jumped to conclusions that could seriously hurt a business, and we will pursue every legal action for Defamation of Character and any damages incurred by the derogatory and false statements of any party. We apologize to all our clients for any inconvenience that this isolated incident which could have been solved privately may have caused, If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out. CARDREGISTRY, Inc. welcomes any inquiries, or concerns in regards to this matter, or any of our business practices, and we look forward to continue to be a Top Rated Ebay seller with zero negative feedback as well as a reputable retailer of Authentic Sports Cards.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

It seems clear and I think Bob would agree that you did not intentionally sell bad cards, but is it true that you sold them without having them in hand? More importantly, what can you tell us about your consignor?
Old 03-09-2016, 09:06 PM
C.urt Sch.midg.@ll

Default cardregistry

Anthony,
Thank you for responding to this thread. Are you the same person with the ebay id cardregistry who made an offer on a card in my store last year? Apparently I didn't counter soon enough and received this message:

Dear bbcemporium,

hey big shot you want me to teach you how to counter?

- cardregistry

Upon receiving this message, I promptly denied the offer only to receive this:

Dear bbcemporium,

Wow you really are a big shot.
I wish I was as cool and tuff as you.

- cardregistry

I have to admit I was quite taken back by these messages, but given you are a reputable retailer of sportscards with great customer service, I'm assuming it is somebody else operating on Ebay with the id cardregistry?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It seems clear and I think Bob would agree that you did not intentionally sell bad cards, but is it true that you sold them without having them in hand? More importantly, what can you tell us about your consignor?
+1 I'm just about done with the "I only consign cards so it's not my fault" b.s. stories. Your selling fraudulent cards; if you can't back-up what your selling, get into another line of business.

Either rat out the consignor on this board with name/number, or your part of the problem. Which is it?
Old 03-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

interesting side notes before i address:

ebay handle: cardregistry. you neither sold me a "card", nor could i register it. just had to point that out.
n54 handle: cardjunkie. take off the "ie" and it's more than appropriate. junk is all you sold me.

addressing your post:

pure comedy!

first off: is your name Anthony Muia or is it William Ikhilov, but prefers Vadim?

you figure out which name you prefer and let us know.

but let's dive right in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardjunkie75 View Post
the individual who posted this thread regarding “fake cards sold by Cardregistry” has very limited credibility on this issue.
the card you sold me was fake, correct?

credibility issue solved.

Quote:
Upon being informed by Mr. Evans that he sent the card to PSA to confirm its authenticity, we requested that he give us a little time to investigate the matter, and we would get back to him shortly. We were kind enough to provide him with our private number, and he continuously harassed us to receive a refund for approximately three days even before a claim was escalated to Paypal, and we have evidence to support this statement.
give you more time once I had a psa letterhead telling you the card was a fake?

I did. I gave you 2 days to issue a refund. You did nothing.

gave me your private number?

AH-NO!

I got that from my paypal invoice. in fact I contacted your husband back in janurary about concerns.

his reply was "im hoping this is an isolated event and (listen to this one!) hoping for the best"

but get this, he still wired the guy the money after the initial eyebrow was raised.

Quote:
At the time he related this to us, we had not yet received any letter from him from PSA, and we weren’t going to take his word for it. Why would we? What if he was the person who tampered with the card? We clearly needed the letter in our possession, and we told him that he would receive a refund upon receipt of it and the Card.
more lies.

you have the letter and you still didn't issue a refund. in fact, I went thru paypal and amex to get my money back.

proof to back this up should you refute any further.

Quote:
Rather than understanding the issue at hand, he posted this thread regarding Cardregistry.
you are damn right I did. you sold $150K worth of fake sh!t. i have zero remorse and would do it again.

I even told you to notify everyone else you sold cards to and your husband stated "shut the f up, quit making me paranoid".

again, proof is in text messages and I will post should you decide to refute.

Quote:
We needed to do more research and learn PayPal’s policies regarding an incident of this nature, and it wasn’t until after this conversation that we received the Notification Letter from PSA (Professional Sports Authenticators)
psa didn't send you that letter, I did. email to back this up should you decide to refute.

but again, where was the refund you promised once you had proof?

that's right, you didn't refund.

proof to post should you refute.

Quote:
The letter stated, " the case, which is sonically sealed with a tamper-evident feature at our facility, has been broken along the edges of the case for the purpose of switching the card inside the holder. The perpetrator has attempted to reveal the holder back together, but the sonic weld is clearly violated," You can view the entire letter on this thread.
exactly.

the letter that is addressed to me, same letter in post 1 and the one I provided you.

Quote:
Bob Evans prematurely wrote this thread and stated facts that he knows very little about, such as the amount figure he claims has been sold as well as calling us "beautiful idiots."*
premature? the thread led off w/ the letter.

in fact, I told your husband back in janurary that something wasn't right. didn't post a word about it.

as for beautiful idiots? 100%! your post is proving it, plus you guys consigned cards you didn't even have.

Quote:
The reason we requested the card be returned to us was to help aid in our investigation of this sale with PayPal and other parties accordingly.
the card was returned to you on my fedex account w/ tracking number 775755486320 back on 3/1

(side note: I asked for your husbands name several times over for the fedex label. he repeatedly would not provide it. however, I was able to get it thru my own sleuth skills)

Quote:
Cardregistry has been a retailer of Sports Cards for over 4 years now, and we have provided our clients with great quality and outstanding service, so to see this thread is very disturbing as well as unfortunate. The few people who purchased a card from this Consignor have been notified, and I assure you that all cards in our inventory are authentic, and we have a large quite impressive collection. In fact, we have received a letter from PSA’s Counsel that states we had “no direct involvement in the manipulation of the cards at issue or in intentionally or knowingly selling Fraudulent cards. Rather, it presently appears that Cardregistry was victimized by its consignor and others acting in concert with” the Consignor. It’s very unfortunate that Mr. Evans prematurely jumped to conclusions that could seriously hurt a business, and we will pursue every legal action for Defamation of Character and any damages incurred by the derogatory and false statements of any party. We apologize to all our clients for any inconvenience that this isolated incident which could have been solved privately may have caused, If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out. CARDREGISTRY, Inc. welcomes any inquiries, or concerns in regards to this matter, or any of our business practices, and we look forward to continue to be a Top Rated Ebay seller with zero negative feedback as well as a reputable retailer of Authentic Sports Cards.
fact of the matter is, you guys are crap.

you were told of a potential problem in janurary
you did nothing about it.
turns out you never even had the cards to begin with.
you still sent the guy $150K after you were warned.
you were advised by me to tell your other clients
you did nothing of the sort. replied w/ "hoping for the best"
you were provided proof that the card was fake.
you were given 2 days to make it right.
you did not refund me.
you psycho dialed me from blocked numbers repeatedly.
you consigned cards, expensive fn cards, w/o them in hand.
you have the audacity to call me and ask me to remove the thread.*
(I said "certainly not")
you come on here and spit nothing but lies and fabrications.

and on top of all of this, you decide to threaten me w legal action?

"i wish a mofo WOULD be in my seat"

again, I have all the proof in the world. most of which is already provided.

should you wish to be embarrassed further, i can post all of your husbands texts...

i don't want to, but i will...

nowhere in this thread, did i say you were knowingly involved. remember: beautiful idiot, not scammer.

best part is that I knew early in on the scam you were involved in simply from boards like this. you weren't the first to fall for this. you're just currently the last. the second your husband stated he never had the cards, I knew instantly. I even sent him a text (and I apologize ahead of time, leon) telling him to "wake the f@ck up, you are in the midst of a 6 figure scam". he was too damn hardheaded to listen. but because I knew and already had my money credited, I wasn't mad at all. I was generally trying to help you guys out in the beginning, but you guys wouldn't listen and in fact became very argumentative, so....it actually turned into fun for me. watching you continually crash and burn like this. it's like telling a 40 year old man (not a toddler) to not touch that stove because it's hot. but boy did you guys touch it alright. you got burned. bad. all while being advised not to. again, I was only trying to help you guys from day one.

you have no one to blame but yourself. taking on consigned cards w/o having them in hand! seriously?

so yes, i did say you guys were beautiful idiots.

facts concur this statement, but thanks for proving it yourself.

here's some more advice and i suggest you take it this time:

read your husband's text messages dating back to janurary 12th. i would be more than happy to post them if he deleted them.

best of luck and here's to "hoping for the best" for your future endeavors!

sincerely,

Bob Evans

* i did post the consignors name that your husband gave me, however you called me and asked me to remove it as not to hinder an ongoing investigation and i promptly did so. not only that, another member (irv) quoted this and i even sent him a request asking him to delete it. posts #92, 93.

proof to post should you re...yada, yada, yada.

Last edited by begsu1013; 03-10-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:00 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

sorry. after re-reading the repeated lies here, I've decided to embarrass you a lil more.

i replied above to Anthony's wife as that's who's been pyscho dialing me.

"Anthony" is his name that he uses for his ebay account, bbcemporium. I am not convinced that is his real name, yet. But that certainly is his tone.

however, the tone of this post is certainly that of his wife's and is why i replied responding to her.

furthermore:

Quote:
and he continuously harassed us to receive a refund for approximately three days even before a claim was escalated to Paypal, and we have evidence to support this statement.
thank you for proving in your own words that i came to you first to do what was right 3 days* prior to filing my claim w/ paypal/amex. so, please...post your proof.

*actually i only gave them 2 days, but "harassed" is by far a stretch.

Quote:
We apologize to all our clients for any inconvenience that this isolated incident which could have been solved privately
this most certainly was not an isolated incident. in fact i have the text where you told me they ALL were fake. everyone else here knows this scam too.

I even asked you to read the thread in it's entirety before you make a post. you'll see that several members already knew about the Mexican connection.

but sure, keep lying and say this one card outta the $150K you sold was an "isolated incident".

There are some smart fellows around here. Don't think they are buying that load of crap for a split second.

no proof needed. common sense should you refute. ha.

Last edited by begsu1013; 03-10-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:24 AM
Dennis Winters

Default Stay on them

Excellent work Bob in making them accountable and looking out for everyone else. We appreciate your actions.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:38 AM
Larry P.

delete

Last edited by bxb; 03-10-2016 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:24 AM
Christopher Zu.psic

Wow, cardregistry just got owned!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Anth.ony Mu.ia (banned)

Default Re: Robert Evans

Anthony is the name that I created for this Forum, and It was created a few days ago. In your text to me this morning, you said, "lil less conversation, a lil more action please, " so thats exactly what I will do. You are an embarrassment.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Anthony is the name that I created for this Forum, and It was created a few days ago. In your text to me this morning, you said, "lil less conversation, a lil more action please, " so thats exactly what I will do. You are an embarrassment.
So the name under your screen name if fake? If so what is your real name?
Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
so it's definitely the wife here, as presumed.

and admittedly supplying false information.

digging yourself deeper.

edit: and listen, you're pissed. i get it. you got scammed and you cant take it out on the consignor because he's a ghost.

i'm not gonna go back and forth w/ you like a couple of 10 year olds on an internet forum.

everything i stated was completely factual. if i can assist in any manner w/ the investigation, please lemme know.

Last edited by begsu1013; 03-10-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
In your text to me this morning, you said, "lil less conversation, a lil more action please, "
looking back, i shoulda quoted the other elvis song: "suspicious minds" *

* written by mark james, though.

anyways, might i ask that they have the rest of the day before banishment, leon. your forum, your rules and happy w/ whatever you decide. but i have been texting w/ william and i think he wants to retract his post/reply as i explained to him it's doing him no favors and he'd get a ton more respect and credibility for owning up to the fact.

in the end and what I've said from the start, i do not think they were knowingly involved. was it a dumb move, yes. we've all made them.

i cant imagine what my wife would be doing or saying knowing a nice lil $125k nest egg is gone.

honesty is the best policy and until this incident, they did have flawless feedback. somehow after all the threats and such, i still feel bad for them.

just asking that you give them til say 5:00pm to change the name per the rules and possibly show a lil remorse and hopefully accept some responsibility vs pointing a finger.

if not, no worries. at least i tried.

obviously it's your call and respect whatever decision you go with...

-Bob