NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Safe Haven Furever Pet Rescue - GoFundMe Page

Hey Folks
As discussed on the board previously we have now set up a GoFundMe page for our pet project (pun intended) Safe Haven Furever Pet Rescue, a 501c3 non profit, public charity. Donors can deduct contributions made under IRC Section 170. As this is the first GoFundMe page I have ever set up if there are errors it's all my fault and I will fix them. It is set up as private because the fees are 2.9% +.30 per transaction. IF set up as a non profit, in GofundMe, then the fees are 7.9% +.30 per transaction. We might have to change the page in the future but everyone that contributes has my promise they will know where 100% of the money is spent. I feel leaving it up to Bill to use the donations is the best thing to do. I think (am not sure) I set this page up so ONLY he can take funds... Bill has said he will let us know how the funds are spent. This is a labor of love and no one should be worried about their donations going to a great cause. I am sure our Net54 Dinners donations will come here in the future.
At the end of the day Bill will still not be made whole but hopefully these monies collected can help him save more of our friends. That is the sincere goal. There is a FB page set up too. Thanks to all who help.

https://www.gofundme.com/safe-haven-furever-pet-rescue

https://www.facebook.com/Safe-Haven-...0819762571800/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dogs buddy and gansito 2.jpg (76.1 KB, 983 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-01-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Default rescue

Great job Bill and Leon!
Old 05-04-2018, 01:31 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

This is such a great cause Bill! Leon, thanks for your help too!!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
This is such a great cause Bill! Leon, thanks for your help too!!
Thanks Kevin. I want to thank everyone who has donated at the GoFundMe page too. Even though the page says I am running it, Bill is mainly running it. I did set it up to get the ball rolling and am the treasurer of the organization. Also, the reason for the large difference in monies they take for their fee is because if you are a certified charity, and pay their 7.9%, then they give you a donation receipt that is "certified." I think we have that covered. We are a real non profit and Bill will be making 100% of the decisions with the monies donated.
As we have bounced around ideas I always say that he should use the monies to save as many dogs as we can. Whatever the money is used for in that endeavor is the best. It doesn't matter what it is, but it will also be reported as to what the expenses are. It could be gas money, lodging, money to pledge to a dog to save it at a kill shelter (this might happen frequently.) Here are 3 that Bill saved recently....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bill1.jpg (71.8 KB, 826 views)
File Type: jpg bill2.jpg (75.0 KB, 824 views)
File Type: jpg bill3.jpg (75.5 KB, 826 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-04-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Donated.

Keep up the great work gentlemen! Those pups appreciate it more than we could ever know.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Rob

This is near and dear to my heart as well. Happy to see this and donation coming.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:11 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Please help anyway you can, this is fantastic that Bill has started this....You too Leon!

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 05-11-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for that post Kevin.
I am a bit sad due to giving up 2 puppies I fostered for a rescue, for the last week until today. I am doing Rescue things locally which are completely separate from Bill's Rescue and the one I am treasurer on and started this GoFundMe page for. There will be no money for any of my local endeavors from the Safe Haven Furever fund.
I also tried to nurse back to health 4 bunnies that a mom kicked out of their nest 3-4 days ago. The last one died yesterday after eyedropper feedings for 2 1/2 - 3 days. So that was a little sad too.
I have quite a bit of new info to post with what has gone on with Safe Haven Furever and will try to update later this evening. Bill is doing a great, great job and I have updates on several dogs we saved and the monies used so far. I couldn't be happier in helping Bill. And thanks again to all who have supported it. It is appreciated but not necessary. We would be doing what we do anyway.

Last edited by Leon; 05-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Here is an update. BIll and I talk a lot about the best things to do with the money raised. Our answer is always the same. Whatever it is we spend money on to save the most dogs is the goal. I know I have reiterated that several times but in a second there will be monies talked about and that is always the motive for both of us. I think I can speak for Bill on that (hi Bill). Nothing is off limits to save the most dogs. The hardest thing is that we can't save them all and it is heartbreaking sometimes. But we keep the greater cause of how many we have saved in mind, to help get us through it (and I am just starting). So with that said I am going to, with Bill's approval cut and paste a few very informally written personal emails concerning what he has been doing. This is from 3 days ago and more has gone on too...Updates on that later. Thanks again for allowing us to use the forum to help this cause.

Here is an explanation of how I have spent donation money. So far I have received $2,200 from the go fund me page. When the dogs are posted on the shelter "urgent" pages, people pledge money so that rescue groups commit to rescuing the dog. MOST of the time the target is $300 so that a rescue group feels it can cover most of its cost--vetting, boarding, transport. If they have fosters, so much the better so they don't have to board the dog. Just because a dog may receive $300 in pledges though does NOT mean he is saved--a rescue still has to rescue him/her. Sometimes dogs get $300 or more and don't get a rescue and are killed just the same.

What I have done is wait until there is about $150 or so in pledges and post that if we get $x x more, I will pledge the difference up to $300. By "challenging everyone to pick up the pledges a little seems to work since then they see that with my pledge we will hit the target.

For Jacy, I had to end up pledging $175.00 and she was rescued by the Australian Cattle Dog Rescue Assoc

For the two sisters I got a bargain and pledged $80 and rescued by YOU LUCKY DOG IN ALPHARETTA

For the two brothers I pledged $140 AND RESCUED by CASTOFF in Blairsville, Ga

Obviously, Jacy in baseball terms is a HOF'er and cost more!!!

So we saved 5 dogs, all which would have been euthanized Monday for $395.00

Am already targeting a nmber of them for this week..

that's the latest!
Bill

Attached Images
File Type: jpg save1.jpg (74.0 KB, 747 views)
File Type: jpg save2.jpg (79.0 KB, 744 views)
File Type: jpg save3.jpg (39.2 KB, 736 views)
File Type: jpg save4.jpg (69.5 KB, 751 views)
File Type: jpg save5.jpg (77.9 KB, 747 views)
File Type: jpg save6.jpg (39.6 KB, 744 views)
File Type: jpg save7.jpg (44.6 KB, 744 views)
Old 05-12-2018, 04:45 PM
K3v1n Stru55

So awesome.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Safe Have Furever Pet Rescue - Quick Update for 6/4/2018

Here is a quick update from Bill on how things are going with the Safe Haven Furever Pet Rescue.. (and a few end results thanks to us)

Here is a recap of monies used from Safe Haven Furever Pet Rescue-

$2230.00 was pledged to help prevent dogs from being euthanized for no reason other than human ignorance...... Those monies resulted in 26 dogs being rescued by 9 DIFFERENT rescue organizations.....4 in Georgia, 2 in NY; 1 each in Florida, Ct and SC. We have saved 26 dogs (and counting) with the money raised, all of whom wouldn’t be here today if not for us.

$700 - donated for additional kennels to be placed on the property of a Tennessee foster, who primarily fosters pits and bully breeds that others won't take. He does this for Hamburg Mutts in New York. This will increase by 2 the number of dogs he can foster on his property/farm in Tennessee before they go to New York, and of course as they do, we keep rescuing 2 additional dogs for the 2 kennels We are providing

Finally, because We are a 501C3 nonprofit and subsequently with my license from the Ga. Dept of Agriculture, I have been able to free an ADDITIONAL 20+ DOGS FOR OUT OF STATE RESCUES THAT DO NOT HAVE THE GA. LICENSE TO PULL DOGS FROM THE SHELTERS. This is without using donation money!! At this time the donation monies have all been used. This is a lifelong marathon to save dogs so the GoFundMe page will remain for donations into the future.
Two special thanks go to JP Cohen for his larger donation and Kevin Struss for his donation and subsequent auction with proceeds going to the rescue. And last but not least, we appreciate everyone who has voiced support through donations or and/or their moral support. The dogs appreciate it the most.

Bill

https://www.gofundme.com/safe-haven-furever-pet-rescue

https://www.facebook.com/Safe-Haven-...0819762571800/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg saved1.jpg (80.8 KB, 680 views)
File Type: jpg saved2.jpg (78.7 KB, 680 views)
File Type: jpg saved3.jpg (63.5 KB, 679 views)
Old 06-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Great Work

Great job guys. Leon, something we finally can agree on.

Donation sent.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Default Pictures from Leon above

are of some dogs in their forever homes up North--every one of these were to be killed the next day. Thanks Frank for your donation
Bill
Old 06-04-2018, 07:05 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Can be sign up for Amazon Smiles? If he does and provided the link we can all donate automatically any time we purchase from Amazon. Not an endorsement of Amazon. But for those who are going to buy something from them anyway...

As a 501c3 he can get set up for this through Amazon.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 AM

Default great idea re Amazon

Those who know me also know I'm slightly technologically challenged..I'll ask Leon to check into that since I am a 501c3!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Bump as there are still lots of pups who need our help.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Bump as there are still lots of pups who need our help.
You are so right, Jeff.
Here are some more of the doggies OUR donations have helped to save.I received these pics around 10 days ago but just haven't posted them yet.
Bill is tireless in his efforts and it's appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sepdog1.jpg (70.1 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog2.jpg (77.5 KB, 606 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog3.jpg (75.6 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog4.jpg (73.6 KB, 607 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog5.jpg (73.9 KB, 607 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog6.jpg (36.7 KB, 600 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog7.jpg (27.7 KB, 600 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog8.jpg (77.8 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg sepdog9.jpg (45.9 KB, 601 views)
Old 09-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Robert Kasenter

Default two more auctions up

There are two more auctions up to benefit the Safe Haven right now. Thanks to the generosity of the net54 community, the previous auctions raised $537 for the Safe Haven.

Rob
Old 10-28-2018, 05:20 PM

Any updates from Bill?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Here is an update from Bill a few days ago. On a side note I took in 2 more doggies dumped on our street approximately a month ago. We now have 6 great doggies all dumped and also 2 rescue fosters at the moment. Both of the fosters were 2 hours from being put down....now they are going to out of state rescues where they will live long, happy lives. The pics below are only a few of the recent doggies Safe Haven Furever has saved.

"Update on Safe Haven Furever and saving doggies.....The great news is that we have now saved over 100 dogs. One way is through pledges, so that when dogs have about $250-$400.00 pledged, a rescue is more likely to commit to saving the dog as the money goes to them and offsets much of their vet bills, transports etc. Unfortunately, donations have dropped off lately and we are unable to personally pledge more at the moment. However, we are still able to save MANY dogs since I have a Ga. Dept of Agriculture license which allows me to "pull" the dog from a shelter. We do this for a number of out of state rescues who contact me since they do not have the Ga. license but wish to save the dog(s).
So while we can continue to use my license to save them without any expense, we need additional donations to continue pledging (when possible.) In one shelter alone, there are probably 15 or so new dogs every week who are at risk of being killed, so the donations go pretty quickly. But an average pledge of $75.00, added to other pledges, generally is enough to get a commitment by a rescue. So here is a big THANKS to all of you who have previously donated, and may donate in the future, as WE REALLY appreciate your help!!

many thanks
Bill Latzko

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonhamlin View Post
Any updates from Bill?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pupa.jpg (71.9 KB, 512 views)
File Type: jpg pupb.jpg (65.0 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg pupd.jpg (79.1 KB, 507 views)
File Type: jpg pupe.jpg (78.8 KB, 501 views)
File Type: jpg pupf.jpg (78.1 KB, 506 views)
File Type: jpg pupg.jpg (72.5 KB, 511 views)
Old 11-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

100 dogs saved is amazing, hoping we can help him save another 100! Please donate if you can.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:43 AM
octavio ranzola

Default Thank you

Leon is a great person ,,I help out in the shelters ,dogs give a lot happiness .they depend on humans ,,have you ever seen a dogs face when they are freed from the shelters ,,I have three dogs they live on the beach.what joy they bring to my family.thank you mr Leon...and bill.

Last edited by rjackson44; 11-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Jon Canfield

Sounds like we need to get some funding going again. Hope others will take my lead, but I am donating this Mickey Mantle signed and framed display towards the cause.

I will put this up for auction on the auction section of the board momentarily. Overall dimensions are approximately 18x24. Beautiful and bold Mantle signature that was purchased directly from a board member who obtained the signature in-person. I will absolutely stand behind the signature, but ask any of the experts on here - its 100% good.

Shipping will be on me, and every dollar from the sale will go to Safe Haven, so please bid high!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1317.jpg (70.1 KB, 528 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1319.jpg (74.0 KB, 524 views)
Old 11-03-2018, 09:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That is freaking great, Jon. Thanks so much. We will make sure to get it some exposure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Sounds like we need to get some funding going again. Hope others will take my lead, but I am donating this Mickey Mantle signed and framed display towards the cause.

I will put this up for auction on the auction section of the board momentarily. Overall dimensions are approximately 18x24. Beautiful and bold Mantle signature that was purchased directly from a board member who obtained the signature in-person. I will absolutely stand behind the signature, but ask any of the experts on here - its 100% good.

Shipping will be on me, and every dollar from the sale will go to Safe Haven, so please bid high!
Old 11-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Allesa s

I think what you're doing is great I appreciate the effort on your part let's see some felines in there too
Old 11-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Default i love the kitties too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscrome View Post
I think what you're doing is great I appreciate the effort on your part let's see some felines in there too
I have 2 of my own but most of the rescues I am involved with are dogs. I have however saved cats for other rescues--will take pics next time for sure!!!!
Old 11-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

100% of the Buyer's Premium on this card (too perfect!) will be donated to Safe Haven!
Old 11-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Delete

please delete

Last edited by clydepepper; 11-07-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:23 AM
Jon Canfield

Big Thank You to Matt for his generous bid on the Mantle signed display. The $335 for will certainly help save some more animals!
Old 11-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Another Auction item for Safe Haven:

I have posted an 1889 Harper's Woodcut on BST.

Bidding starts at $10 with the winning bidder to donate the amount of that winning bid to SAFE HAVEN FUREVER PET RESCUE.

Ends Saturday, Nov. 17

Woof! Woof!

-Raymond

HARPERS WOODCUT.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 11-16-2018, 06:54 PM

My rescue dog begs for more donations:

BUDDY BEGGING.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 12-03-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:56 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Great chance to make a last minute tax deductible donation!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Ben North

How is this going? I though about this today and hadn't seen any updates so figured i would bump this awesome thread.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
How is this going? I though about this today and hadn't seen any updates so figured i would bump this awesome thread.
Thanks for checking in. Honestly I haven't spoken with Bill (hey Bill) too much recently. Maybe a month or so ago or a little less. I know he is doing good stuff and see some updates from his posts. This forum has been awesome in supporting the Safe Haven Furever Rescue cause. I have always been a treasurer for Bill, but that is mostly in title only (and for organizational paperwork ) because there has to be one. And we have used this forum to raise money to save a whole lot of dogs. That is a really great thing.
This all said, and has been stated before, when I started doing this with Bill and saw what he was actually doing, I got the urge to do something locally, physically, to help the doggies. I think at that time we had 4 doggies, taken off the street, and I built 3 runs in our backyard for 3 rescues I could foster at a time. Then someone dumped 2 more dogs in our neighborhood. I was putting one into my car, after about 2 hours of prodding on a few different back streets, and had one in my arms when the other one came up and bit me on my leg, drawing a little blood. He was absolutely only protecting his brother. Long story short they both got quarantined at Collin County Animal Shelter and were labeled code red (not a good code for longevity) and were labeled as biters too. (not good for being adoptable) So on the 10th day when they got out of quarantine I adopted both of them. That was probably a year or so ago, now. Then 6 months ago I was doing a favor for a rescue I didn't know a lot about and ended up having to adopt a dog I was fostering for them. They wanted me to take it back to the shelter due to some behaviour issues with, mostly, other doggies after I had her for over 3 months. She would have been labeled dangerous and would have quickly been killed (euthanized). So I adopted her too. Now we have 7 permanent doggies (until I can rehome the last one) and am only doing one foster at a time because of all of the others I have now. At this moment I have a Great Pyrenees foster (8 doggies total) that is heading to MN this Sunday to his forever home. Then I will get a new foster soon after that. Suffice it to say I have my hands full with doggies at the moment and for no specific reason Bill and I haven't spoken.

Last edited by Leon; 06-21-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:23 AM

Thanks, Leon, for all you do for the doggies. My wife and I have had pure bred dogs in the past but, in light of your efforts and those of others, we are now actively seeking to adopt a rescue dog.

Mark
Old 06-21-2019, 07:50 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
Thanks, Leon, for all you do for the doggies. My wife and I have had pure bred dogs in the past but, in light of your efforts and those of others, we are now actively seeking to adopt a rescue dog.

Mark
That is awesome!!! I have a rescue dog now and have had a series of rescue dogs my entire life.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

*Folks, I am sorry. I posted this in another thread so deleted it and another response to it (sorry Ben). If I could give myself an infraction I would. I think I have executive privilege LOL.

There have been several donations in the last day or two and I and Bill (and the doggies we save) all thank you very much. I took this rescue to a vet a few days ago and they couldn't find my rescue account (it is my personal vet too). So I paid and went back today with the account number and am getting a small discount. Every dollar for Rescues counts. Thanks again to the board for letting this be our pet project (pun intended). I want to remind everyone that every penny donated goes to Bill to put towards saving doggies. I have never taken, and wouldn't take, anything. My pay is seeing the end results.

This is our current foster rescue and is heading via large van, with approximately 40 other doggies tomorrow, to MN. He is the best dog I think I have ever had and was surrendered to a Kill shelter because the owner said he is incompatible LOL. Sweetest....dog....ever
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mave.jpg (71.0 KB, 304 views)

Last edited by Leon; 06-22-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
*Folks, I am sorry. I posted this in another thread so deleted it and another response to it (sorry Ben). If I could give myself an infraction I would. I think I have executive privilege LOL.

There have been several donations in the last day or two and I and Bill (and the doggies we save) all thank you very much. I took this rescue to a vet a few days ago and they couldn't find my rescue account (it is my personal vet too). So I paid and went back today with the account number and am getting a small discount. Every dollar for Rescues counts. Thanks again to the board for letting this be our pet project (pun intended). I want to remind everyone that every penny donated goes to Bill to put towards saving doggies. I have never taken, and wouldn't take, anything.

This is my own current foster rescue and is heading via large van, with approximately 40 other doggies tomorrow, to MN. He is the best dog I think I have ever had and was surrendered to a Kill shelter because the owner said he is incompatible LOL. Sweetest....dog....ever
I hope they all find good homes. Incompatible,LOL I got the same BS with my current rescue dog. We have adopted our last 3 dogs from the same shelter. After we had filled out all the paperwork and paid the fee. The lady told us Bubba had been adopted 3 times already and he was turned lose once and returned the other 2 times. I don't know about best dog I ever had but he sure is a darn good one.

Here is a pic of Bubba playing at the lake last week.

Funny story, I have no idea who the kid is or how close he lives. He runs off if he sees me or my wife. The kid is barely taller than my short chain link fence but every once in a while when Bubba is outside by himself I will see this kid come up to the fence. Then Bubba will go over to him and put his paws on the top of the fence and they hug each other.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bubbaatlake.jpg (70.8 KB, 302 views)
Old 06-22-2019, 04:00 PM

Ben- there's a term used in my state...well, mostly in the Athens area...

Bubba appears to be a 'Damn Good Dawg!!"

looks like you're giving him an enjoyable life...thank you for that.

Robbie

Old 06-23-2019, 03:36 AM
Keith O'Leary

Thank you all for donating, rescuing, fostering, and supporting this selfless organization.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Bump.

Great cause, please take a minute and donate if you like dogs as much as I do, tis the season! It's more rewarding than another piece of cardboard I promise.

Last edited by Bicem; 12-16-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Bump.

Great cause, please take a minute and donate if you like dogs as much as I do, tis the season! It's more rewarding than another piece of cardboard I promise.
Many thanks, Jeff. The doggies appreciate it. (as well as everyone who has helped and/or put up with our forum cause.)

And closer to home here is Gigi. She was picked up at the Garland Kill Shelter....then after 3 months and a dog behaviorist failure I was told to bring her back to the Shelter labeled as dangerous....and she would be put down. So I adopted her She is a great doggie but doesn't get along well with other doggies, especially ones she doesn't know. Here is when I picked up pictures and now pictures....The shaved spots are where the shots were given for her heartworms. She was strong positive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gigi1.jpg (81.3 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg gigi2.jpg (81.6 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg gigi3.jpg (79.8 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg gigi4.jpg (80.1 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg gigi5.jpg (78.3 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by Leon; 12-18-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:15 PM

Leon,

In part as a result of your efforts, my wife and I have become volunteers at a dog and cat rescue organization near our home in Falls Church, Va. Walking dogs provides us great satisfaction. I only wish I had realized this passion when I first retired (2005).

I mention this so that other members who like pets can consider volunteering in their communities, if not during your careers, then upon retirement.

You're doing God's work.

Mark
Old 04-27-2023, 08:03 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Bumping this thread from 2019!

Going through some old threads and looked like this needed a bump. I've got 2 smaller items for sale over in the memorabilia section I will donate $20 from each sell to benefit the dogs.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334341

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334340

Thanks!
Michael

Last edited by ruth-gehrig; 04-27-2023 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added links
Old 04-28-2023, 10:03 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Leon--Is there any place we can send a check and avoid fees being taken out?
Old 04-28-2023, 10:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Leon--Is there any place we can send a check and avoid fees being taken out?
I haven't spoken with Bill in a few? years. Not sure how everything is going or if he is involved any longer. He did some great work and I know our donations helped a lot.

I still do a lot of rescue locally for one super awesome rescue. I am a foster (one of quite a few) and the ladies who run it are saints, in my book. They/we have saved over 4900 dogs and cats over the last 6 yrs. They are mostly code red animals (about to be euthanized) and many times they are sick and/or injured.
It's a non profit, Passport For Paws. I think this is where future donations will be going unless I hear any negatives. I can assure everyone, this is a super great group.
Their website gives info and I can always help too. My next foster should be here shortly. I almost always have 1-2 (plus my own 7).
Our money donated at the 2023 Net54baseball Dinner, at the National, will be going there...

https://www.passportforpaws.org/

Last edited by Leon; 04-28-2023 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Rick Clemens

Good question Jay. I would like to send a check also
Old 04-28-2023, 10:58 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

-
Great cause Leon, sent some dog food $$ to passport for paws in honor of my boy Orlando who came from the shelter.

And yes he's named after the great Orlando "Baby Bull" Cepeda (every thread needs a card).
-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orlando 3 (3).jpg (89.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg img633.jpg (181.6 KB, 94 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 04-28-2023, 01:39 PM
Lonnie Nagel

Been a while since I have donated to any of the seemingly endless requests - This one however, is very near to my heart. Happy to Donate! Hope we can get more members on board.
Old 04-29-2023, 05:24 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I hope they all find good homes. Incompatible,LOL I got the same BS with my current rescue dog. We have adopted our last 3 dogs from the same shelter. After we had filled out all the paperwork and paid the fee. The lady told us Bubba had been adopted 3 times already and he was turned lose once and returned the other 2 times. I don't know about best dog I ever had but he sure is a darn good one.

Here is a pic of Bubba playing at the lake last week.

Funny story, I have no idea who the kid is or how close he lives. He runs off if he sees me or my wife. The kid is barely taller than my short chain link fence but every once in a while when Bubba is outside by himself I will see this kid come up to the fence. Then Bubba will go over to him and put his paws on the top of the fence and they hug each other.
Cool to see an old pic of my dog. He is about 20 pounds lighter and has now got hip problems from old age. Still an amazing dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zoo.jpg (120.0 KB, 50 views)