NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 02-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Default 1950 A.L. All-Star Autographed Team baseball w/ DiMaggio, Stengel, Williams, Rizzuto, etc

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I have an original 1950 A.L. All Star team signed baseball up for sale. Among all the players listed below, DiMaggio and Stengel are on the sweet-spot. The ball is a nice off-white color; grading about a 6 - 7, maybe a 7.5 to 8. There is minimal aging, no shellac or other preservation device. The only reason I have this ball a grade of 6-7 is because I believe the ball to have been an official ball. I can see the circular stamp on one side panel, but opposite the sweet spot, I see no official league markings. Could they have worn off – yes because the side panel looks like the correct stamp for an official ball, but I cannot be sure. All of the signatures on the ball grade between 5 to a 8. Some signatures are in black, and these are the lower grades. All of the blue signatures are crisp and clear. Below is a list of players I could identify on the baseball. Now, as for authenticity, I will stand behind the ball 100%. I have NOT have this baseball authenticated as I am confident it is authentic. It was purchased from a major auction house about 10-12 years ago. I have searched for my original paperwork but can’t find it so I can’t tell you which auction house I purchased it from. However, I do realize that in this day in age, my own opinion of authenticity may not satisfy someone else. So, should the purchaser want to get the ball authenticated, please feel free to use any respectable service (GAI, PSA, JSA, Rich Simon, etc) and if they deem the ball to be unauthentic, return to the baseball to me for a full refund of your purchase price (I will not cover the authentication fee however.). I have attached some photos below but would be happy to include more photos if you would like to see them. I have decided to try the ball on here before going to eBay so at this point, I’m soliciting offers on the ball. Cash is best but I would be interested in hearing any trade offers for E95’s (I’m missing 4 for the set). Please feel free to email me at jon_canfield@hotmail.com.

Tommy Byrne

Jerry Coleman

Joe DiMaggio

Bobby Doerr

Walt Dropo

Hoot Evers (TWICE)

Ferris Fain

Bob Feller

Ted Gray

Jim Hegan

Tommy Henrich

Bob Lemon