NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Default Hoping to do a small t210-3 "orange border" headcount & a couple questions....

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I'm trying to find out a little more about this anomoly from the t210 series. I was curious these are prevailant at all in board member's collections. I've heard that there's only one in existance of each player but would appreciate your insight on the cards you may have/have seen, why these exist and if they are very easy to find. I'd also love to know what players you all have in your collections so that we have a better idea of how many of these are out there.

Another question I have concerns the orange borders themselves. Mine is a bright, almost neon orange. The scan I attached below actually doesn't show how bright the borders actually are, however, there can be no mistaking this one for a red. Do these come in various shades of red, red-orange or orange? Or are the ones in all of your collections just as bright as this one?

Final question, assuming there's only one of each player, are there any players in the t210-3 set that haven't been found with this border color?

Thanks in advance for the insight....

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Hoping to do a small t210-3 "orange border" headcount & a couple questions....

Posted By: leon

Hey Brian
If I am not mistaking I think I have seen a few with yellow borders too....Good luck in the quest...

edited because I can't spell and I didn't mean to imply this was a 3rd series yellow border...I don't know what the series was...and I think this person had 2 of the yellow ones in his collection.....but not positive

Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ralph

Brian thought I would give you my thoughts on this.The series 3 cards are not the only series where the cards have had orange borders.I remember some in series 4,5 & 6.I went through thousands of these cards and in my opinion you cannot find every texas league player with a orange border.My completed set of 640 I had some from series 3 that were Red & I kept trying to find orange borders of a certain card & I never did so I put the set to bed as being complete.Yes there are different shades of the redish orange(Yellow that's a new one).Also it is worth noting that the series 2 the borders on some of the cards are very WIDE & actually bleed into the players name & team.I also tried finding that kind of a card where the border was not as wide & believe it or not I actually did on some.But if others think the entire series three can be found in orange again that's their opinion as mine is mine.If you try doing that series in just getting the orange cards I wish you luck as it will be as difficult NOW as completing the set of 640 known today.There could be others not yet disclosed

Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

Brian--Orange border cards are not unique--I have had multiples of certain players. Also, not all the cards in the series have orange borders. The following players do(partial list): Alexander, Billiard, Blanding, Curry, Johnston, Nagel, Tullas. Finally, the shades of orange do vary but I have never seen a yellow border and I have never seen an orange border outside of series 3.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

The only "yellow" border I have ever heard of was sold along with many t206 and t210 cards a year or two ago all pasted onto a board or piece of cardboard. The card was Thebo from series 3. Didn't get a really close scan but it was distinctly yellow.
-Rhett Yeakley

Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I have an orange border Old Mill and it is from Series 3.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Thank you Ralph, Jay and everyone for the responses so far. I only have the one so far but I think it's one of my favorites in my collection at this time. So I'm eager to find out what I can about these. The bright orange borders really make the card unique to look at. Ralph's comment about the orange borders coming from sets 4-6 is an interesting one. Has anyone else seen a card from one of the other series aside from 3 with orange borders?

Anyone interested in posting scans they have, by all means, feel free! I'd like to get a solid idea of what "shades" of orange these are known to have. Thanks again, everyone....

Old 09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Brian, good luck with the search. I have a few others I'll try to get names and or scans. Here's one.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach Rice

Hi Brian,

Nice idea for a thread; the series three orange borders sure are a neat anomaly amongst the T210 set. I have owned two orange bordered T210s and both were from the third series, Firestine and Slaven. Personally, I feel as if my Slaven card was in fact a yellow border (just a slightly toned down orange). Here is a scan of the Slaven card behind a series 4 T210 to show the differences in border color.

And here is a series 2 card with the "bleed" mentioned earlier:

Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator

The Slaven is a neat card Zach. It looks like it has really narrow borders. Does it measure full as a normal t210 would and does it have a normal back? Just curious if it's a standard issue t210 or if it came from another source originally (ie...advertising poster, etc...). The borders don't look anything like mine at all so what you have is definitely something unique. Does the Slaven by chance resemble the "yellow borders" that others have seen?

Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old 09-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Seems to me that maybe not all of the series 3 T210s have orange borders... the thing for us to do is have everyone post scans of their orange cards. Although usually the only thing we all agree on is arguing.

At any rate, here's the remaining one I have, Gordon with Waco. I know I had another that I sold. I think I sent it to a west coast card dealer who wanted it for a distant relative of the player.

Let's post these guys!!!!

Thanks. Frank.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Series 3

Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Cook

I have Firestine, Jones and Northen with orange borders.

Andy

Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator

I acquired a few of these this past week. The Leidy, Hooks, Blanding and Stringer all have the bright orange borders.

Frank and Bob each appear to have a Gordon, so there's one player at least that has appeared more than once with an orange bordered t210.