NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE...How do you collect T206's: Graded or Ungraded ?...show us your cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Hi Ted, When I wrote the post, I was trying to find the right words because even when I read it back, it wasn't that clear. In your previous post you said that you are working on a Master Sovereign set and that the Print Group 1 350's are a work in progress. That basically answers my question. Your Sovereign set was built with Print Group 1 150's first. So, same question for the Sweet Caporals. If the same card comes in a 150 and 350 or a 350 and a 460, how did you choose? Was it a mix or were 150/350 cards all 150 Subjects. I just read what I just typed and it's still kinda confusing
Ron....very clear, now I get it.

You can call me a "perfectionist", because I was determined to first get the "150 Subjects" backs for all the 150/350 series cards in the PIEDMONT, SOVEREIGN, and SWEET CAP sets.
It was fairly easy to do with the PIEDMONT and SWEET CAP sets. With one exception, I waited many years to acquire the Eddie Plank card with a SWEET CAP 150, Factory #30 back.
For as you know, the majority of the available Plank cards have the SC 350 back.

However, it was a real challenge with the SOVEREIGN set. There are a number of subjects in the 150 series of this set, which were short-printed with SOVEREIGN 150 backs. Examples
that immediately come to mind are Flick and Wiltse (these two guys were the last ones of which I found their "150 Subjects" back. For a long time, Flick and Wiltse were in my set with "350 Subjects" backs And, that really "bugged" me

Anyhow, I'm not interested in trying for a master PIEDMONT, or SWEET CAPORAL (Fac. #30) sets. The SOVEREIGN set, though, is another story as I need to get 476 cards to complete
the "master". Currently, I have 444 cards.

TED Z
Old 07-26-2019, 12:52 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Ron....very clear, now I get it.

You can call me a "perfectionist", because I was determined to first get the "150 Subjects" backs for all the 150/350 series cards in the PIEDMONT, SOVEREIGN, and SWEET CAP sets.
It was fairly easy to do with the PIEDMONT and SWEET CAP sets. With one exception, I waited many years to acquire the Eddie Plank card with a SWEET CAP 150, Factory #30 back.
For as you know, the majority of the available Plank cards have the SC 350 back.

However, it was a real challenge with the SOVEREIGN set. There are a number of subjects in the 150 series of this set, which were short-printed with SOVEREIGN 150 backs. Examples
that immediately come to mind are Flick and Wiltse (these two guys were the last ones of which I found their "150 Subjects" back. For a long time, Flick and Wiltse were in my set with "350 Subjects" backs And, that really "bugged" me

Anyhow, I'm not interested in trying for a master PIEDMONT, or SWEET CAPORAL (Fac. #30) sets. The SOVEREIGN set, though, is another story as I need to get 476 cards to complete
the "master". Currently, I have 444 cards.

TED Z
Thanks Ted. I was trying to get a complete visual look of your collection without actually looking at it. I just checked my Flick and Wiltse and they are Sovereign 350's lol. I'm currently at 320 in my Sovereign set.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 07-26-2019, 08:30 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE...How do you collect T206's: Graded or Ungraded ?...show us your cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Thanks Ted. I was trying to get a complete visual look of your collection without actually looking at it. I just checked my Flick and Wiltse and they are Sovereign 350's lol. I'm currently at 320 in my Sovereign set.

RON

I'm not at all surprised that your Flick and Wiltse are Sovereign 350's.

Only 82 more subjects to complete your basic all - SOVEREIGN set.
Perhaps, I can add to your set. Send me a list of the cards you need.

TED Z
Old 07-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Ted Zanidakis

* * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * *

Here is the 1st page of the 350/460 Series cards in my set. This series of 66 subjects were printed with the apple-green backs. Why American Lithographic (ALC) changed
the ink color when they printed the backs of this group of 66 subjects remains a mystery. It appears to me that ALC took their last 350 series pre-printed sheets of T206's
and decided to extend them into the 460 series which resulted in 110 subjects (350 Subjects + 110 Subjects = 460 Subjects).

Shown below is my concept of a 72-card sheet arrangement of these 66 subjects (Note: the Six Super-Prints are double-printed on this simulated sheet).

Simulated sheet

v.................................... Six super-prints ....................................v

Looking for more inputs to this informal survey. So far, we have.....

Three collectors, that for all practical purposes, collect T206's "raw".

Two who collect only Graded.

Three whose collections are a combination of both Graded and Ungraded.

And, one that is too early to tell (Hi Leon....look forward to seeing you in Chicago next week).

TED Z
Old 07-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

* * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * *

Here's the 2nd page of the 3 pages which include 45 of the 46 subjects which comprise the 460-only series of the SOVEREIGN set. My Chance (batting) card is Graded.
Printed concurrently with this 460 Series are the Six Super-Prints which I have displayed in Post #781 in this thread.

Hey guys,
Still looking for some inputs here, as to whether you prefer GRADED or UNGRADED T206's.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-27-2019 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:22 PM

I like vintage cards ungraded, and T206's are so plentiful they can still be easily obtained raw...and they can look wonderful in collector condition.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t206redorange088 (800x718).jpg (70.3 KB, 351 views)
Old 07-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Ted Zanidakis

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks Brian for your input.

Our current T206 collecting UNGRADED vs GRADED tally is...…..

We now have 4 guys who T206 collection are strictly UNGRADED.

Two who collect only GRADED.

Three whose collections are a combination of both GRADED and UNGRADED.

And, one that is too early to tell (Hi Leon....look forward to seeing you in Chicago next week).

Let's see if a few more T206 collectors will chime in here.

TED Z