NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Default Can anyone help with lesser cond. tobacco & other cards prices?

Posted By: GTC

Could anyone help me with some price guidelines for the following types of cards in F-VG ungraded conditions? What would be some reasonable prices to pay? T-212 Obaks-1909-11
T-216 Kotton (paper) (heavy)
E-92 1909 Croft's Cocoa and Candy
T-222 1914 Fatima Cigarettes
T-213 Coupon Cigarettes
T-330-2 1914 Piedmont Art Stamps
T-215 Red Cross
T-210 Old Mill
T-209 1910 Contentina Color and B&W.
1912 Imperial Tobacco
1916 Boston Store
1933 Worch Cigars
I am a beginning collector with all of this and am trying to learn as much as I can before buying. I guess I should get a copy of the Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards also. Thank you for any help and suggestions. Sincerely, George

Old 08-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

George- some of the sets you have inquired about are sets I have no experience with but I can give you a basic overview of Obaks (1909-1911) and T213 Coupons. The 1909 Obaks fluctuate widly depending on if a particular card is one needed by the small number of those of us who collect the set. SCD and other guides are no help here. Eye appeal is everything when you are asking for F-VG prices. Back problems are less of a concern with this set than most other sets also. These cards are tough, tough, tough. If you are looking for Gandil, Willis or any of the horizontal cards, prepare to pay through the teeth if they are in pretty decent shape, even with a little creasing. The 1910 and 1911s are available. Ten Million, Weaver are the principal 1911s which will cost you an arm and a leg, otherwise a Fair copy might run about $6-12 and a VG $15-25. Ditto the 1910s, although the 150 series cards are double the prices of the 175 series unless you find a Willis, McCardle or (drawing blank here) in which case the sky is the limit because these 3 have different poses and colors from the 175 series cards. If you are trying to build a collection of 1910 or 1911s, you might try and buy larger lots and get a price break. Most collectors still don't realize how scarce and pretty these cards are and look at them as a regional issue, failing to realize the large number of future (or past) major leaguers in the set.
T213 Coupons are generally not that popular with collectors because they have the same fronts as their cousins, the T206s. Series 2 cards with their glossy fronts (good news they are better looking than 206s, bad news they crack easily) can be picked up for $8-15 for fair commons, $20-30 for VGs depending on eye appeal. HOFers are all over the place in lesser grade but are usually less than the T206 prices. Series 1 cards are very tough to find. Thinner and more fragile, I would say fair commons would run $10-20, VGs would run $30-40. Series 3 are tough also. Aroud the same prices as series 1 would be my guess.
Hope that helps. Remember price guides are just that, guides. Keep in mind some commons are sought by a lot of collectors because for one reason or another they don't ever appear for sale. One good thing I have found is that you don't see nearly as many trimmed or altered cards among Obaks and Coupons as you do in the more easily found sets like T205, 206, etc.
Bob

Old 08-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: George

Thank you for your guidance. I will continue to study. GTC