NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Reminiscing about your 1st BB card Show where you acquired T206's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
That's a great memory of your Lundgren EPDG. I also have a memory for the same exact card. I was in the hospital and on very high doses of narcotics for pain. But that wasn't going to stop me from searching the newest T206 listings on eBay. The next day I noticed a reminder to pay for my purchase on eBay. I thought that was odd since I don't remember purchasing anything. Well, guess what? I was the proud owner of a SGC 60 Lundgren Chicago EPDG. Luckily I did need the combination but probably would have waited on the card to come around at a lower less expensive grade. Never surf eBay or the internet while under the influence lol

Ron

Truly a great story. And, what an amazing coincidence, we both posted stories regarding exactly the same T206 card. Imagine the probability of this occurrence ?
After all, it's not just any "old run of the mill T206." It's one of the toughest T206's in the Elite 11 group. I really appreciate you posting your story here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post

. .

TED Z
Old 08-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Ron

Truly a great story. And, what an amazing coincidence, we both posted stories regarding exactly the same T206 card. Imagine the probability of this occurrence ?
After all, it's not just any "old run of the mill T206." It's one of the toughest T206's in the Elite 11 group. I really appreciate you posting your story here.
Thanks Ted for the positive responses and great history. I just thought it was great that we both had a back story on the same card. These little cardboard pieces of history do occasionally have a personal back story. I think it adds to the overall enjoyment of collecting. I've been collecting nearly all my life, 40 out of 46 years, and I have more stories with just the T206 set than I do with all my other collectibles combined. This set has been a big part in my life over the last 10 years. Earlier today I was talking to someone about if you were forced to evacuate your location for good and could only take a backpack of items, I said that I'd be cracking 1500+ slabs of T206's and adding them with my other non graded ones and that would be going into the backpack first. Followed by a handful of rare coins, my half dime collection, and gold. Lastly, my medication. The backpack thing might make a great forum topic for someone to start.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 08-05-2020, 08:27 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Reminiscing about your 1st BB card Show where you acquired T206's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Thanks Ted for the positive responses and great history. I just thought it was great that we both had a back story on the same card. These little cardboard pieces of history do occasionally have a personal back story. I think it adds to the overall enjoyment of collecting. I've been collecting nearly all my life, 40 out of 46 years, and I have more stories with just the T206 set than I do with all my other collectibles combined. This set has been a big part in my life over the last 10 years. Earlier today I was talking to someone about if you were forced to evacuate your location for good and could only take a backpack of items, I said that I'd be cracking 1500+ slabs of T206's and adding them with my other non graded ones and that would be going into the backpack first. Followed by a handful of rare coins, my half dime collection, and gold. Lastly, my medication. The backpack thing might make a great forum topic for someone to start.
Ron

A rough calculation results in at least 1 Million to 1 probability factor of both of us coming up with our totally independent stories revolving around the identical T206 Lundgren card.
However, it is evident from our numerous conversations on Net54 over the years, that this extraordinary coincidence may not be as unusual as it appears to be. We do think alike in
quite a number of factors regarding the T206 cards. As the saying goes: "great minds think alike"

TED Z
Old 08-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Ted Zanidakis

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Just a friendly bump to get some more interesting stories on how you got started on your adventure collecting T206 cards......whether it was putting together the set,
or specializing in your particular project(s) regarding T206's.

Before I leave you, here's my short-story regarding my first DRUM card. Circa 1984 at Willow Grove, a mid-west dealer had four DRUM cards for sale. He wanted $100
for each of them (they were VgEx cards). I offered $350 for the four. He adamantly said....NO !
I said I'd think about them. The more I thought about them, the more I wanted them. At the end of the day, I went back to his table with $400, but he had sold them.

I told Barry Sloate about my foolish regret regarding the four DRUMS. Barry made me a $100 bet that I would not find another T206 DRUM within a year.
Six months later, Barry says he has a DRUM card for me. And, I can have it for free since he lost our bet. So here is my first DRUM card.
If I recall correctly, it is the only known DRUM card of Moeller. However, I may be proven wrong about that.

. .

OK, time for your sharing your stories with us.

TED Z
Old 08-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Ted Zanidakis

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Well, no responses to my request here, so here's my follow-up DRUM story(s)............

Twelve years ago at the Reading Philly Show, Toby (bigfish) "made my day". I acquired this Frank Delehanty DRUM from Toby to complete my first A - B - C - D subset.

Then, around that time (2009), Barry Arnold, a good ole Net54 buddy contacted me wondering if I had a extra DRUM card so he could complete his T206 back collection.
I offered Barry my Moeller DRUM card, and he was really happy with the very reasonable deal we made for it. I received this DRUM card from Barry (Sloate), and gave it
to Barry Arnold)

This Elberfeld is my nicest looking DRUM card. He is one of 36 (or 37 **) subjects from the 350/460 series which were printed with the DRUM back.

. .

** Note.....Mullin (batting) in this series has not yet been confirmed with a DRUM back.

Alright, this is the last time here that I will ask for your stories. I'm sure that some of you have some exciting T206 story (or two) to share with us here.

TED Z
Old 08-12-2020, 06:42 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

I dont have much to offer as I started collecting t206 a couple of years ago because of this forum and have bought everything through here but I wanted to say that I do enjoy your stories Ted please keep them coming!
Old 08-12-2020, 10:45 PM

Ted, didn't we do some trade involving that Elberfeld Drum & a Murphy BL460 years ago?