NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Al Wright

Default New Member Saying Hello

Just registered after lurking around for a few weeks and being blown away by the breadth of knowledge of many of the members. Actually stumbled on the site while following a google link to 707 Sportscards. Lucky day for me.

On schedule to turn 68 in September, so I did all the mid '50's early '60s stuff with baseball cards so many others did. Yeah, they got tossed during a spring cleaning eventually. Have always considered the '57 set my favorite, but those '53 Bowman color cards are something special. Got back in the hobby in 1988 and accumulated a card store (or so it seemed) of baseball and hockey only to walk away again in '94-'95 after the strike. Trying to turn the junk wax era stuff into a little cash, stress little, but it's a process.

Intend to concentrate on a set comprised of pitcher cards from the year/years they won 20 games. Start date of 1952 thru ??? - but at least 1980.

Glad to be here, and thanks for having me. I'll try not to pop off until I think I've learned at least a little something. Once I learn how to navigate the control panel I'll update an avatar (58 Pinson rookie!) and some more information.

Thanks again. I'm Al in New Jersey.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
David Kathman

Welcome, Al! You're among friends here.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Welcome to the board!
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Al Richter

Default 52-80

Welcome Al. Given your project, which sounds interesting, you might consider saying hello over on post war as well.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Bienvenue
Wilkommmen
Welcome
C'mon in

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Robert J. Miller

Welcome neighbor...............I am in PA (Phila)
Robert
Old 07-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Welcome Al.

That's a neat idea (20-game winners) and focus and will most likely allow you to keep a measure of control on your 'addition' - if that's what you'll admit to...lol

The '58 Pinson is a nice card, but I think the '59 card is a beauty - the black background definitely helps.

I love the simplicity of the 1957 set's style and I too love the '53 Bowman Color which features a lot of great photography.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 07-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Welcome Al! Good luck in your collecting pursuits.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Al Wright

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Haven't mastered the knack of dragging a quote and replying guess I'll do it the old fashioned way:

ALR-bishop,
Good suggestion on dropping by the post war section. Will do.

clydepepper,
Agreed on the '59 Pinson. Funny thing on the '57 set is the older I get the more I'm drawn to the old ballparks in the background. My first vintage pickup (back in 1989) was a '57 Frank Robby - nice card, paid $350 for it. Then a long time employer went bankrupt and it was sell, sell, sell. Have seen the same card now at over $1k, asking price. Looking to make the '53 Bowman color Carl Erskine one of my first pick ups. Maybe at the National if I can get there.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Haven't mastered the knack of dragging a quote and replying guess I'll do it the old fashioned way:

ALR-bishop,
Good suggestion on dropping by the post war section. Will do.

clydepepper,
Agreed on the '59 Pinson. Funny thing on the '57 set is the older I get the more I'm drawn to the old ballparks in the background. My first vintage pickup (back in 1989) was a '57 Frank Robby - nice card, paid $350 for it. Then a long time employer went bankrupt and it was sell, sell, sell. Have seen the same card now at over $1k, asking price. Looking to make the '53 Bowman color Carl Erskine one of my first pick ups. Maybe at the National if I can get there.
Welcome friend!!
You will get the hang of this forum software. It's pretty easy to use after a decade or so...
When you are looking at someone's response (post) and you want to respond to that one while quoting what they said, you hit the little tab that says "Quote" at the bottom of that particular post. Then it copies that as a quote into your post. You will see it copied there when you do it. You then put whatever you want to say, hit the submit reply button, and viola....just like I did by quoting you here.

Our Post War, Autograph and Memorabilia sections have some very good discussions in them. And even our BST (Buy Sell Trade) areas can be entertaining though they shouldn't be.

Last edited by Leon; 07-07-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Bill Gregory

Welcome, Al!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.