NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2021, 11:03 PM
Jacques Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I work in IT and this is a simple logical choice:

1. Do business with PSA
2. Don't do business with PSA

What so many people here do is choose #1, and then complain ad nauseam, in thread after thread after thread, about how bad and over-priced and slow PSA is. Hasn't that horse been beaten to death yet?

I collect GU jerseys but if cards were my thing, I'd be into raw, or would've switched over to Beckett or SGC long ago. If I continued to use PSA, with all the problems so thoroughly and repetitively enumerated here, I would accept the reality of the situation rather than complain as I hand them more cash.

It reminds me of the guy who bangs his head against the wall and complains that it hurts.
make no mistake i will never go with psa again i just have cards that are stranded there and the fact that they are claiming to do their best but offering specials to the highest bidder is disingenuous and again its just cardboard and i have little in the game but they are making millions on "cardboard"
Old 07-20-2021, 11:08 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkm412 View Post
make no mistake i will never go with psa again....
And given your experience, I would make that same decision. I found a different handy man, you will find a different grading company or choose to collect raw cards. We will both be fine.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:36 PM
Jacques Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
And given your experience, I would make that same decision. I found a different handy man, you will find a different grading company or choose to collect raw cards. We will both be fine.
agreed although while castle fried clams at 2 am on fordham road beats burger king
Old 07-21-2021, 08:22 AM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkm412 View Post
make no mistake i will never go with psa again i just have cards that are stranded there and the fact that they are claiming to do their best but offering specials to the highest bidder is disingenuous and again its just cardboard and i have little in the game but they are making millions on "cardboard"
PSA is making millions on cardboard .
So are the people that sell their High Grade PSA cards.
Have you seen the latest Auction Prices.

That is the reason why they have so many submissions.
I collect Pre War but even all of the new stuff is getting record prices.
Glad that I bought mine before the latest surge.

PS . I agree that the long wait time is not what you sign on for based on the
Submission that you agreed on and that PSA should give something back to its customers like free subs but with the success they are having I don’t see it.
Also You will have to pay a heavy price to have cards graded at the National.

John P
Old 07-21-2021, 08:43 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this. Bottom line is you have a choice to use PSA or not it's as simple as that.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:01 AM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this. Bottom line is you have a choice to use PSA or not it's as simple as that.
+1