NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 AM

Default 2019 Cranston Sports Card Show- Feb. 2&3, 2019-Conventry High School - 40 Reservoir R

This is not a paid advertisement however I will be there with bells on with two tables with my Friend Mike Asquino. Hope you are all well and thriving in 2019.

With a two year absence this great collector and dealer show is back with a vengeance with Tom McDonough still involved but being put on by Mike Mangasarian. Worthwhile I still believe tables are available.

2019 Super Bowl Weekend

Formerly Cranston Sports Card Show

Welcome to the 41 st Super Bowl weekend show formerly called the Cranston
Sports Card Show and the second oldest sports card show in the country which
was a Tom McDonough legendary vision carried on to this day. There are so
many exciting new things added to the event and most is a work in progress to be
announced as we get closer to the date.
The size of the venue is incredible and we are hoping there will not be a wait list
as we try to make it a little bigger. Everything is under one roof in one location
and has no steps for simple easy access with an incredible parking lot.
Security is state of the art which needs everyone out of the building so motion
detector alarms can be set that are connected to the Coventry police department
if breached. No one is allowed in until the custodian deactivates them.
Of course, you will have questions so don’t hesitate to reach out by email or
phone, Mike Mangasarian 401-601-5703.

Tom and I hope to see you there!!!
Where; Coventry High School, 40 Reservoir Rd, Coventry, RI 02816
Date(s): Saturday February 2 and Sunday February 3
Hours; Saturday February 2, 9a.m.-5p.m. and Sunday February 3, 9a.m.-3p.m.
Set up; Saturday 5a.m. to 9a.m. Dealer entrance on Sunday is 8:30a.m.
Prices and fees; still the same, $70 a table and $3 admission. Wall tables are $95,
back up tables $25. Two day admission ticket is $5. Proceeds to benefit Tom
McDonough’s Immaculate Conception Church and Mike Mangasarian’s Sts.
Vartanatz Church Athletic teams. A contribution will, also, be made to the
Coventry Hall of Fame Committee.

Some added things you can look forward to:
Sts. Vartanatz Church athletes will be in attendance to assist you with helping you throughout
the show in limited capacities if you need someone to get you lunch and bring it to your table
or if you need to leave your table for a very short time to visit another dealer, go to your
vehicle, or run to the lavatory. Tipping here is not necessary as it is a show perk.
The athletes will, also, be available to help with set up and break down and although there is no
set fee it is not free and generous tipping is highly advised. Tips do not go to the church and
individual athletes get to keep these proceeds for themselves. Please be respectful.

The show Program; We will list all participating vendors in a printed program for the
public in two formats. Alphabetical by owner name and business name and then by the
category of products they sell so the public can find you by what they collect and/or by your
name. The program is free to the public so list what you sell on the application. The
alphabetical listing will have your address, email, and telephone so if a patron wants to
purchase something from you after the show they will know how to reach you.
Added features still in the works; We are inviting grading card companies to come on
site, autograph authentication companies, autograph guests, as well as auction houses, and
price guide companies to attend. Alan Rosen was the prominent figure at this show for the last
20+ years and we will now open this opportunity to other companies and individuals.
End of show auction open to the public and dealers;
At any time from the point your table is paid for you can create a box lot of items you wish to
get rid of and leave it on the front tables to be in the auction at 3pm on Sunday when the show
closes. There is a 15% consignment fee and a 15% buyer’s fee for all lots sold.
Lots will start at $5 and increase by $2.50 until sold. The auction is open to the public and to
dealers. If you are participating make sure there is more than $5 of value so it doesn’t pass and
you go home with it.
Items of value such as single cards or autographs and memorabilia can be submitted with a
reasonable minimum bid of your choice. These items should be declared well in advance of the
show so it can be pictured and placed in the Program to the public. Cards and autographs of
value will be placed in locked glass cases when on display for viewing.
You can submit items at any time as long as there is space on the auction tables so if on Sunday
at noon three hours before the show ends you wish to drop a box off on the table it’s OK. The
earlier you submit the more exposure what you have will be offered such as being in the
printed program and show advertising before the show opens in media publications and radio
as long as it is an item of significance.
The tables at the front entrance designated for “auction” will be supervised by multiple church
athletes during show hours. If an item is submitted for auction it cannot be sold during the
show. No exceptions.
Purchases made of auction items will be paid for immediately after the lot is sold on an item by
item basis as the auction continues. Dealers and consignors will be paid immediately at the
conclusion of the auction. If you’ve been trying to get rid of that something you’ve had for a
long time this is your opportunity so don’t miss out!
Rules of the Show

2 badges and 2 chairs come with each table.
3 badges come with 2 tables
4 badges come with 3 or more tables. More than 4 badges are at a $10 per badge fee.
There is no Friday set up because there is a basketball tournament until 9p.m.

There is no table covering on tables unless you request one and we can supply at an added cost
of $5 per table
There is no early leaving the show or early break down on the last day. If this occurs next year’s
application will have a $100 penalty assessed when sent to you. Show personnel will be taking
pictures of empty booths. Please be respectful of paying customers attending the show.
No grab bags or lottery type items can be sold at the show
No unlicensed products can be sold at the show.
There is no smoking allowed in the building
No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the building
No nude cards of memorabilia can be offered for sale.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Yay. Great show. Can’t wait to go. Was sad when it went away.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:04 AM
Bob Donaldson

This week!
Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Keith

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:54 PM

I'll be there as well!
Old 02-02-2019, 12:45 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Just got back from the show. It takes up about 3/4 of a very big gym but I think was about 2/3 the size of the old show at the west valley inn in terms of dealers . I’d say it’s worth going to specifically if you like: programs pins autos and 50’s-present 4 sport cards. Good amount of non sports, some prewar as well.

Lots of people filling sets

Last edited by Econteachert205; 02-02-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:50 PM

I was there this morning. I thought it was pretty impressive. I was there with my 7 year old, so I didn't get quite the amount of time I'd have liked to peruse, but I saw lots of cool stuff.

Also, the dealers and collectors were all really good to my son. A few dealers gave him a few free cards or packs, and everyone was stopping to chat with him. He had a blast!
Old 02-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
I was there this morning. I thought it was pretty impressive. I was there with my 7 year old, so I didn't get quite the amount of time I'd have liked to peruse, but I saw lots of cool stuff.

Also, the dealers and collectors were all really good to my son. A few dealers gave him a few free cards or packs, and everyone was stopping to chat with him. He had a blast!
I was standing next to you when one of the dealers asked your son who his favorite player was and then handed him some stuff. That's the strength of the Hobby coming out.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX75 View Post
I was standing next to you when one of the dealers asked your son who his favorite player was and then handed him some stuff. That's the strength of the Hobby coming out.
Ha ha...that's funny. Us Net54 folks all have to wear a specific color or something next year so we can identify each other!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:34 AM

Default Cranston Sports Card Show

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! I try very hard to make it a collectors paradise. We had dealers from 11 states, doubled dealer participation in 2020, qudroupled attendance over 2019 by the end of Saturday, and had JSA Authentication with Heritage Auctions there as well. The show is growing at an enormous rate with everything from vintage cards at a bargain to museum pieces offered for sale. Go to our Facebook page, Cranston Sports Card Show, to get all the latest updates. We are on Instagram and Twitter as well. Hope to see you all in 2021. We are not expanding dealer tables in 2021. We will in 2022, however. Hope to see you all there!