NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Default Heritage Shipping

It's been 10 days since I paid them by bank wire for my lots (and incurred a $25 bank fee) -- and I still don't have even a tracking number for my package. I emailed them about this and was told they would get back to me in a few days. What was the point of me wiring them money instantly if they ship slower than as if I would have sent them a check via Pony Express? Am I missing something here?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Ad@m Be11

I agree completely. Haven't heard anything on my winnings either. Of all of the auction houses I've bid with, they do have the slowest turn around. I don't expect next day service, but they do seem to run the 4 corners once they get their money.
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240

Last edited by AMBST95; 05-15-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Spelling correction, adding
Old 05-15-2013, 05:41 AM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 AM
Larry P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
From my account, ''Important: To expedite shipment (as appreciation of your established loyalty), this invoice will be shipped on Open Account, without waiting to confirm payment. Please allow 7-14 days to receive the items you won. If you have not already paid, please visit MyOrders to help ensure expedited shipping on qualified invoices in the future.''

http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-co....zx?view=terms
I have this deal too, and received my winnings two days ago.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 AM
Robert Williams

lol..I spend ALOT of money with them every year, and even I don't have that kind of deal!! Isn't that what got Mastro in trouble?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
lol..I spend ALOT of money with them every year, and even I don't have that kind of deal!! Isn't that what got Mastro in trouble?
No, stealing from bidders, shill bidding, using fake accounts to bid, etc. caused his problems.

Woops -- and Dougie's problems too. (Hi Doug!)

Last edited by calvindog; 05-15-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 AM
Scott S

I paid via e-check the day I received the invoice (Sunday after the auction ended), and was happy to see they shipped it last Thursday via Fedex ground. It got to me in Boston yesterday.

So it seems like there is little consistency in their shipping policies, since I have had experiences very similar to Jeff's in the past.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
It's been 10 days since I paid them by bank wire for my lots (and incurred a $25 bank fee) -- and I still don't have even a tracking number for my package. I emailed them about this and was told they would get back to me in a few days. What was the point of me wiring them money instantly if they ship slower than as if I would have sent them a check via Pony Express? Am I missing something here?
Yes: a vendor who cares what its customers think. We will accept bad service, poor communications, third-rate accommodations, corruption, incompetence, antisocial behavior, even outright thievery, as long as the cards are there. If Bill Mastro comes out of prison, opens an auction house, and gets good material, bidders will line up. It is a sickness...My name is Adam and I am a card addict.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-15-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

At least when Mastro was bidding on his own lots he sent out winnings very quickly with that awesome tape around it. Perhaps Heritage could treat customers the same way: bid on their own lots but at least ship in a manner designed to distract bidders from seeing how badly they are being abused.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Jason S!m@nds

I have three separate invoices that I paid all within a day of receiving by echeck or cc, yet none have been shipped.

I too have the "we will ship your items before you pay" yada yada..

It's frustrating to give them XX thousands of dollars and wait over a month to receive what you purchase.

Jason
Old 05-15-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Jeff,

FYI, my experience with receiving items from Heritage has always been good if you speak directly with a customer rep. Simply call the 800 number and I am sure they will get your package out asap. Godd luck!

Joe T.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Which method did you guys register? Did you use the PayPal log-in method?
I use PayPal.......The few times i had, i received it in a timely matter. I have not bought anything in a month, just a few placed bids...
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I picked mine up on Monday. Chris Ivy hand delivered them to my car as we were going to lunch. Service with a smile.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM

Where do you see when payment was received and when shipped?? None of my past or present invoices under "my heritage" display any of this info, just "paid-thank you"
Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I picked mine up on Monday. Chris Ivy hand delivered them to my car as we were going to lunch. Service with a smile.
And yet he was probably bidding on the lots you won
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
And yet he was probably bidding on the lots you won

Chris and I agree to disagree on their bidding rules. To say I don 't like their bidding rules would be an understatement. Otherwise, I like Heritage and do trust them.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Chris and I agree to disagree on their bidding rules. To say I don 't like their bidding rules would be an understatement. Otherwise, I like Heritage and do trust them.
+1

I've never had a bad experience with Heritage Auctions... except their ship times
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
''The Auctioneer, its affiliates, or their employees consign items to be sold in the Auction, and may bid on those lots or any other lots. Auctioneer or affiliates expressly reserve the right to modify any such bids at any time prior to the hammer based upon data made known to the Auctioneer or its affiliates. The Auctioneer may extend advances, guarantees, or loans to certain consignors.''

They should call that rule "permission to screw the bidder" but since I am barred from their auctions for being quoted in an internet story, by Pete Nash, that exposed them, I guess I do not have to worry about being screwed.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-15-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I'm pleased with this but not so much with Rule #21!

''The Auctioneer, its affiliates, or their employees consign items to be sold in the Auction, and may bid on those lots or any other lots. Auctioneer or affiliates expressly reserve the right to modify any such bids at any time prior to the hammer based upon data made known to the Auctioneer or its affiliates. The Auctioneer may extend advances, guarantees, or loans to certain consignors.''

If Bill Mastro had a rule like this, he might not be headed to jail.
JimB
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
If Bill Mastro had a rule like this, he might not be headed to jail.
JimB
Bill Mastro committed all sorts of fraud beyond anything contained in a rule like this. Luckily Bill has found God and with his trusty priest beside him will hope to avoid prison. Unfortunately for him, a federal judge feels that his crimes do not warrant a maximum 30 month sentence.

Should anyone wish to write victim letters to the judge to be read in conjunction with Mastro's sentencing, please feel free to contact me. I assure you Bill will have a zillion letters attesting to the opposite: that he is generous, charitable, has a calm temperament, saves the whales, washes the feet of lepers, etc. You may want the judge, instead, to learn the truth about what this man is (Doug too, after he is convicted).
Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Bill Mastro committed all sorts of fraud beyond anything contained in a rule like this. Luckily Bill has found God and with his trusty priest beside him will hope to avoid prison. Unfortunately for him, a federal judge feels that his crimes do not warrant a maximum 30 month sentence.

Should anyone wish to write victim letters to the judge to be read in conjunction with Mastro's sentencing, please feel free to contact me. I assure you Bill will have a zillion letters attesting to the opposite: that he is generous, charitable, has a calm temperament, saves the whales, washes the feet of lepers, etc. You may want the judge, instead, to learn the truth about what this man is (Doug too, after he is convicted).
Woof.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seven_problems_bones_cause_to_your_dog_7urd4.jpg (29.1 KB, 277 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

LOL

Somehow I don't think that Bill or Doug agree with that sentiment.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Ja,mie B.

Didn't it used to be that Heritage had terms where the house could bid on the card up to one week before the auction closed, but not past then?

At any rate, they sure are getting a lot of consignments... their spring auction was loaded. I like Heritage, I really do, but the terms just make me wonder...
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Had a wonderful conversation with Heritage customer service just now; despite receiving my wire 10 days ago, Heritage has not yet shipped out my package. However, all packages are shipped out in 7-10 business days. The nice Heritage rep also told me there is no such way to expedite shipping of orders.

Here's a tip to Chris Ivy: spend less time with lawyers trying to legally shill bid your customers and more time on customer service.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Had a wonderful conversation with Heritage customer service just now; despite receiving my wire 10 days ago, Heritage has not yet shipped out my package. However, all packages are shipped out in 7-10 business days. The nice Heritage rep also told me there is no such way to expedite shipping of orders.

Here's a tip to Chris Ivy: spend less time with lawyers trying to legally shill bid your customers and more time on customer service.
Jeff,

I am sorry to hear that. I had much better success with my winning lots for their last two auctions. Hopefully, you'll get your package shortly.

Best Regards,
Joe
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Jeff, just to note - you sent the wire 10 days ago, but it has not yet been ten business days, which is the shipping time they provide. So they are still within their terms.

As far as not shipping out immediately even if it is a wire payment, I would say that Heritage is a very large auction house and their systems might not allow that level of individualized service.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 AM
qualitycards

Quote:
Its good to see someone doing well in this crappy economy.
So many orders they cannot ship them out within a proper time frame.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Its good to see someone doing well in this crappy economy.
So many orders they cannot ship them out within a proper time frame.
They ARE busy.....they run auctions all the time it seems. In addition to the big ones, they have their weekly auction as well.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post

At any rate, they sure are getting a lot of consignments... their spring auction was loaded. I like Heritage, I really do, but the terms just make me wonder...
Makes perfect sense to me as a potential consignor. Where would you rather have a good item selling: a place like REA that swears on a stack of bibles that it does not ever bid for itself or on anything, or a place like Heritage where they tell you right up front they're gonna run up the sales if there is something falling through the cracks? I'd opt for the run-up-the-sales approach every time as a consignor just in case. Not saying I like their policy, just that I can see it as a selling point to a consignor.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Shipping

As has been mentioned before, Heritage does significantly more volume than the other auction houses and all invoices are shipped via the same shipping department. We always try our best to bring great material to auction and get your winnings out to you as quickly as we can. Although there are problems from time to time, I’m happy to say that with every auction we are able to offer a bigger selection and the sports dept. continues to grow and has so every year for the last 9 years. This means we must be doing something right. Make no mistake, we aren’t perfect. As a collector, I understand you want your cards as soon as possible. I also understand at times our shipping process doesn’t flow smoothly but please realize that we do ship out hundreds of boxes a day. I say that as a reason, not as any excuse.

We did have a hiccup. Jeff, thank you for bidding and the prompt payment and I’m sorry for the delay. I have made sure that your invoice will ship out today.

In the future, if there is any issue, please email me directly or any other individual in the sports dept. for that matter. That’s no knock on our Client Services Dept. They do a great job but they also wear many hats (as they say) and a direct email to someone in sports will get you the quickest response. Our numbers and emails are included in every advertisement and on our website. Mine is peterc@ha.com. No one should hesitate to use it for any reason.

I look forward to seeing many of you in person again this year in Chicago at the National. Heritage is sponsoring the Net54 dinner again. Yes, a shameless plug but I couldn’t resist. ;-)
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Rob

Default The most important thing

The most important thing is that Jeff gets his cards first, before he has a 15 post a day limit placed upon him.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM

YES! Just got the email notice...

Your package from following order(s) has been shipped via Federal Express
2013 May 2 - 4 Vintage Sports Collectible Signature Auction - Dallas #7075/1523

WOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Scott

My fiancee won a handbag from them (some bags were going for $50-100K each - it was amazing - and it was live auction format). She called to make sure she could get it before we left on a weekend getaway, and they upgraded her to 2-day FedEx for no additional charge. That was a nice gesture.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Da.n Pin.gree

Peter, thanks for the prompt reply and for looking into my order. Can't wait to get the card.